Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
June 8, 2012 @ 06:39 AM
TheDropout

I just came back from seeing it, it actually wasn't bad as you two were making it out to be. The point of the entirety of the film was to show altogether how the Xenomorphs came to be alongside with the ending leaving one curious plothole to be answered It wasn't bad it was good this get's a pass from me.

Sentry ~ https://soundcloud.com/eccentricsentry

June 8, 2012 @ 07:47 AM
Dirty Old Man

I liked it.

hop on the bus gus

June 8, 2012 @ 07:48 AM
jacobsever

I liked it.

Same.

June 8, 2012 @ 10:48 AM
Trollinator

it wasn't bad

SPOLIERS DONT READ

But i'm confused, But why did the Giant human drink that liquid in the begining?

What killed the giants as the where running(hologram)?

Why were they going to earth?

David stated " in order to create you must destroy"

At the end, did the lady ever find the creator with David the robot as she flew?

I want to see the world burn

June 8, 2012 @ 02:55 PM
Dirty Old Man

it wasn't bad

SPOLIERS DONT READ

But i'm confused, But why did the Giant human drink that liquid in the begining?

At the end, did the lady ever find the creator with David the robot as she flew?

Pretty sure the scene at the beggining was playing off the whole Prometheus legend and the giant human was giving humans 'fire' by fertilizing the planet with human DNA or some sci-fi shit.

As far as I can tell the running giants were killed by the alien weapon they created.

I'm guessing they were going to Earth to destroy humans with their weapons because we weren't supposed to be there in the first place (going back to the whole Prometheus giving humans fire storyline)

I think the ending is supposed to be a mystery.

hop on the bus gus

June 8, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
Mikeyone4life

Gonna try and watch this tonight or tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't suck as bad as some of you were saying. This was the 2nd movie I was anticipating the most after TDKR.
June 8, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
YungBrooklyn

It wasn't bad, really good actually IMO. The visuals were great, the movie itself was suspenseful similar to the way the original Alien was told and had an interesting story that the viewer needs to piece together themselves.
June 8, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
Eddy.

as its own movie apart from the alien series, i thought prometheus was just ok. nothing really wowed me at all, it just seemed like another forgettable movie for me.

it might be interesting though if they made a sequel to prometheus separate from the alien series documenting the journey that shaw took to find the creators.

edit: i kindof agree with one critic when he says that the movie "mimics the appearance of an epic, noble, important movie but fails to payoff". just seemed very underwhelming for how much hype it built up.
June 9, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
chief

**SPOILERS DONT READ**

Alien - discover alien life, bring it on ship, get fucked
Prometheus - discover alien life, bring it on ship, get fucked

Things I liked about the movie:
-The visuals were fucking cool as hell. Probably one of the better 3D movies I've seen.
-Cool how they tied in a bunch of stuff from Alien such as the "Engineer" who they found in Alien controlling the ship but was dead. That didn't match up though as in Alien there's a dude in seat who was supposed to have a chestburster exit on his stomach, where as in Prometheus that mofo got out of his ship to kill Shaw
-The very end where the alien busted out of the Engineer's stomach but it wasn't like the fully evolved alien you see in Alien

But i’m confused, But why did the Giant human drink that liquid in the begining?
-no fucking idea. i would like to know this as well
-I believe they were running from their "weapon"
-I think they were gonna drop the black liquid (the early alien form) so as to destroy mankind which would allow their weapon (again the alien) to grow and evolve to its peak form, except their plan backfired
-I read on wikipedia they left this open to possibly create a sequel where she does find the creator

•••

June 9, 2012 @ 02:33 AM
nikebridge

heard it was fire..ima skip the spoiler lol..thanks for the alert
June 9, 2012 @ 02:35 AM
YungBrooklyn

**SPOILERS DONT READ**
But i’m confused, But why did the Giant human drink that liquid in the begining?
-no fucking idea. i would like to know this as well
-I believe they were running from their "weapon"
-I think they were gonna drop the black liquid (the early alien form) so as to destroy mankind which would allow their weapon (again the alien) to grow and evolve to its peak form, except their plan backfired
-I read on wikipedia they left this open to possibly create a sequel where she does find the creator

CONTAINS SPOILERS DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE
This is what I got from it. In the opening scene its showing a reoccurring theme of self sacrifice. That engineer scarifies himself by drinking the black liquid which leads to his cells replicating in the river and creating new life. The rest of the movie shows the same theme of sacrifice, the ending where the captain of the ship does what he does, or when one of the scientists gets infected he chooses to get killed for the greater good, etc.
Plus some mythological symbolism, Prometheus was the creator of man and gave man fire which the Gods in Olympus didn't like because of that they punished him. Same way the engineers created the Humans they ended up being punished by what they themselves created.

Thats just what I got from the film.
June 9, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
chief

^
ya i keep checking out reviews and at the beginning he was apparently on earth. supposedly the black liquid he drinks isnt the same shit thats found on the planet later?

•••

June 9, 2012 @ 04:57 AM
Squirt

Like others have said, for the amount of hype surrounding this film, it did not deliver.
It's not awful but certainly don't go in expecting a 'film of the year' as you will be leaving disappointed.
June 9, 2012 @ 04:58 AM
Trollinator

Thanks for the answers. I hope the make a sequel.
Yo did anyone stay after the credits?

some sources say that there is a scene, but others say there wasn't.

I was dumb enough and didn't stay.

June 9, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
Trollinator

I give it a 7.5/10

June 9, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
&bullshit

Wasn't that bad. the visuals made up for the shaky plot for me. was expecting more tho. would still recommend to watch at the movies.

still thought it was better than avengers

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

June 9, 2012 @ 07:33 PM
....ICK

**SPOILER DONT READ**
What I dont understand is why David dropped the black liquid inside Dr Holloway 's drink or why that alien that came out of Dr Shaw turned into a giant squid thing

All my friends are black but my wives are white

June 10, 2012 @ 12:07 AM
chief

i realized david putting the black liquid inside the drink ended up saving shaw's life in the end lol

holloway gets sick ==> fucks shaw and puts alien baby in her ===> she gets the baby cut out ==> it grows into the beast you see in the end ==> shaw releases it on the engineer when he tries to kill her

•••

June 10, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
TwiggyDig

I liked it. Person I was with hated it. Tons of plot holes but very entertaining and great visuals. Fun Sci-Fi. Anyways a good time.
June 10, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
lalala

this movie had potential to be all-time. felt rushed, too many plot holes, script was all over the place. big disappointment.

x

June 10, 2012 @ 09:19 AM
drewblocka

I wouldnt say plot holes as much as i would say small questions that we can't answer yet.

spoilers
The only shit that pissed me off was David. He seemed to have his own agenda the whole movie but it was never confirmed. I really didn't expect the engineer thing to break him like so.

i need to see it again to understand it better

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 10, 2012 @ 05:11 PM
Bones

**SPOILER DONT READ**
What I dont understand is why David dropped the black liquid inside Dr Holloway 's drink or why that alien that came out of Dr Shaw turned into a giant squid thing

Holloway was talking shit, David wanted to see the effects of the substance, so he decided "hmmm why not experiment on that asshole Holloway"
The squid just happened to be the type of alien that was put in her body

Nah b, the old man told him to do it. Remember when he was talking to him, he said "it's too early to tell.." Additionally, he asked the doctor how far would he be willing to go? Dr responded with saying anything and anywhere, in David's eyes he consented. David is just a robot, he seemed shady because his allegiance was to the old man (his creator) not to the crew.

BUT ALSO!!!

Yall should read this interpretation of the film, it's the one thats made the most sense and its mind blowing

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html
June 10, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
chief

^
good ass read. shit if you have any questions about the film definitely read that

•••

June 10, 2012 @ 09:15 PM
falcon0

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

5 star link right here, clarified so much.
June 10, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
Eddy.

yeah, definitely a great read for those confused on certain parts of the movie. made me re-evaluate my thoughts on the movie. i guess i was thinking too hard on the relations this movie tried to make with alien as opposed to thinking of it as it's own movie.
June 11, 2012 @ 12:57 AM
TRILL Bill

I liked it. It was worth my 6 bucks. David was a bitch though
June 11, 2012 @ 01:35 AM
Trollinator

Smart ass though.

June 11, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
RiFF RaFF

it wasn't bad

SPOLIERS DONT READ

oh the creator killed himself in order to start life on earth, i don't think it was a weapon but possibly they tried to start life on a shit load of other planets. they were most likely going to kill everyone on earth in order to start a new species. also we will never know if they found the creator but its implying that although they proved Darwin wrong, there is still a circle of life by each creator. makes sense?

Be about it

June 11, 2012 @ 10:26 AM
drewblocka

yeah we see alot of those themes. they discuss where you go after you die, creation, all what you choose to believe in. its funny that she is the fittest for survival and saves herself from dying the whole time

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 11, 2012 @ 01:20 PM
bape

I think there is a lot of hidden meaning etc etc in prometheus, maybe its just me but a hollywood blockbuster like this should be a little more "obvious".

I love a film with hidden meaning open to various interpretation but surely it should be more of an indie film?

ok ok maybe inception aside!!!

WHAT....SAY SOMETHING!

Please login first to reply.