FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
July 14, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
Black Manta

The info we've been waiting for:

Yes indeed, it's a good time to be an Avatar fan. Comic-Con's The Legend of Korra panel kicked things off with an emotionally sweeping montage of all the best moments from Season 1 -- which was, naturally, met with thunderous cheers and applause throughout. The Ballroom 20 crowd was packed with Korra fans of all ages, from kids with arrowhead ball caps to fully grown Amon cosplayers.

First, though, some big news: The Legend of Korra has just been picked up for 26 additional episodes, which brings the series tally to 52 episodes spread across four books total. It was also revealed that Book Two will be called Spirits and picks up six months after the end of Season 1.

Among the SDCC panelists were creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko; stars Janet Varney (Korra), P.J. Byrne (Bolin), David Faustino (Mako) and Seychelle Gabriel (Asami); as well as voice director Andrea Romano. The panel started with a mock table reading in which Romano and the cast reenacted various scenes from Korra's first season, which seemed to go over really well with the crowd. P.J. Byrne in particular kept the reading lively by throwing in his unique brand of Bolin improv.

by Max Nicholson
July 13, 2012

Yes indeed, it's a good time to be an Avatar fan. Comic-Con's The Legend of Korra panel kicked things off with an emotionally sweeping montage of all the best moments from Season 1 -- which was, naturally, met with thunderous cheers and applause throughout. The Ballroom 20 crowd was packed with Korra fans of all ages, from kids with arrowhead ball caps to fully grown Amon cosplayers.

First, though, some big news: The Legend of Korra has just been picked up for 26 additional episodes, which brings the series tally to 52 episodes spread across four books total. It was also revealed that Book Two will be called Spirits and picks up six months after the end of Season 1.

Among the SDCC panelists were creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko; stars Janet Varney (Korra), P.J. Byrne (Bolin), David Faustino (Mako) and Seychelle Gabriel (Asami); as well as voice director Andrea Romano. The panel started with a mock table reading in which Romano and the cast reenacted various scenes from Korra's first season, which seemed to go over really well with the crowd. P.J. Byrne in particular kept the reading lively by throwing in his unique brand of Bolin improv.

From there, we were shown a series of new concept artwork for Book Two, including environmental landscapes of the Southern Water Tribe, the Southern Air Temple and -- you guessed it -- the Spirit World! While DiMartino and Konietzko assured us that Season 2 will still primarily take place in Republic City, we will also slowly begin to explore other cities and towns throughout the Four Nations (some familiar and some completely new).

Next we got a peek at some Season 2 character designs. In addition to the original cast -- which has now been outfitted with snuggly winter garb for the Southern Water Tribe -- we also got a closer look at Commander Bumi and Kya (Aang and Katara's eldest daughter), both of whom roused another round of cheers from the audience. Expect to see a lot more of them next year as well.

Likewise, Korra's family will have a more prominent role this season, including her father, mother, uncle and cousins. I'm speculating here, but this will probably tie in to the Southern Water Tribe visit.

Following the slideshow, we were treated to some preliminary animatics showcasing what Team Avatar's been up to in the last six months -- and boy are they busy. As described by the creators, Mako is now a Repuclic City policeman, Asami has taken over her father's Future Industries and Bolin is struggling to find himself (assembling what looks like a new pro-bending team).

As predicted, Korra will now be exploring her newfound abilities as a fully realized Avatar. In her character animatic, we got to see Korra racing Tenzin's kids on air scooters around Air Temple Island, switching into the Avatar State for an extra boost to beat them; this implies that Korra can, in fact, enter the Avatar State at will by the start of Season 2.

Finally, we got to see an animatic in which Korra confronts her first spiritual enemy, a black, almost reptilian ghost of a creature. As the season's title suggests, there will be plenty of time spent in the Spirit World. Said DiMartino, "There will be no shortage of spirits in Book Two."

Stay tuned for full interviews with the cast and crew of The Legend of Korra.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/comic-con-korra-panel-teases-season-2

LTE bands will make her dance.

July 14, 2012 @ 04:12 AM
ToyotaGuy

i cant wait for this.
July 14, 2012 @ 01:09 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

oh cool korra learned airbending already

lol the rest looks interesting tho
July 16, 2012 @ 07:41 AM
DREWKKAKE

damn thats dope as fuck. pretty excited for the new episodes. pretty sure we are going to learn more about aang and them through korra.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

July 16, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
missy.

that stubborn ass korra... can get into avatar state at ease.. a;lkfjals;dfjwao;eifj... lol but all about control man.

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

July 20, 2012 @ 05:27 AM
ToyotaGuy

Season 2 is gonna really dope.

i just came back from Comic Con. shit is real
July 20, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
DATSHTKRAY

DOAP!
February 18, 2013 @ 04:03 PM
ToyotaGuy

bump.

Cant wait until April
February 19, 2013 @ 12:09 AM
zilla

is it back in april? ziggy zow
February 19, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
ThaGoldenBoy

Zilla it's late, go to bed
February 19, 2013 @ 04:42 AM
ToyotaGuy

im guessing.

because they said their just finishing up the color and sound editing
March 9, 2013 @ 07:49 PM
Kimo 先生

season 2 is coming!

http://tinyurl.com/3dln5qa

July 19, 2013 @ 11:34 PM
Kimo 先生

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

July 20, 2013 @ 12:22 AM
ToyotaGuy

book 2 looks so good. i should have went to comic con
July 20, 2013 @ 12:50 AM
zilla

the fuckin animation on this show is so beyond everything
July 20, 2013 @ 07:08 PM
Kimo 先生

steven yuen who plays glenn on the walking dead is gonna be voicing the very first avatar,
which is that badass looking waterbending guy

July 20, 2013 @ 09:45 PM
$$$$$

Hell fuking yea
July 21, 2013 @ 12:41 AM
DreamCast

Cool that Wan Shi Tong is in there. Hope we get to see the Face stealer too

"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king"

July 21, 2013 @ 01:18 AM
ToyotaGuy

Anyone know what Book 2 is gonna be about? 

all i heard is that its about spirits or something.
July 21, 2013 @ 03:52 AM
Kimo 先生

They're also gonna have a little of the origin story of the first avatar.
other than that, that's all I know 

July 21, 2013 @ 08:18 AM
Head Hunterz

man im gonna miss out on season 2, my provider doesn't have Nick.

sometimes it sucks watching American shows on a Canadian provider 

I import JDM vehicles into Canada, let me know if you're interested

July 21, 2013 @ 10:16 AM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

man im gonna miss out on season 2, my provider doesn't have Nick.

sometimes it sucks watching American shows on a Canadian provider 
you can just watch it online, i dont have nick either

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

July 21, 2013 @ 03:44 PM
ToyotaGuy

July 25, 2013 @ 10:37 AM
MUSASHI

tbh im not that excited for this anymore, i'm too into AOT at the moment lmao
September 14, 2013 @ 08:04 AM
Black Manta

Checking out the premiere later on. I'm hearing good reviews.

LTE bands will make her dance.

September 14, 2013 @ 04:33 PM
froang

Finally it's coming back!
September 14, 2013 @ 10:35 PM
Kimo 先生

season premiere was very good. cant wait for the next ep

September 16, 2013 @ 02:35 AM
Samrai

Don't know how i feel bout this spirit world/monster thing. Like its already a wild idea of a show with the mix up animals n the obvious bending of elements but spirits i dunno.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt ≈ @NegronusPrime ≈ twitter

September 24, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
ToyotaGuy

I feel like the Northern Water tribe is gonna be the next Fire Nation
September 27, 2013 @ 11:40 PM
cherry_rum

who else is dissapointed that the second season is focused on mostly water tribe so far

Please login first to reply.