The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

June 25, 2012 @ 05:16:12
Drewbacca
it would make so much sense for avatars to have to learn metal bending and blood bending and all those advanced forms

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 25, 2012 @ 05:45:31
The finale is out already? Where to cop?

nvm found it
June 25, 2012 @ 08:03:51
latepass, just caught myself up

this series is amazing..bummer the next season doesnt come out till 2013

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 25, 2012 @ 13:50:41
y'all need to remember that although it all happened in just 10 episodes, take into consideration that korra is 4 years older than aang was in his arc, and that everything has progressed by 50+ years since. korra compared to aang in his arc is pretty much a prodigy since she already learned 3 of the elements since she was a child and her past life had learned energy bending so of course things could be resolved much quicker

Well said n I hope there is more then 2 seasons
June 25, 2012 @ 14:43:58
sabadz i think that just proves that this story is fundamentally not as interesting as aang's. everything about it is trying to be different, from making it in one place, to focusing on a tighter story without filler (even though any filler episode of avatar is better than anything this season), to making korra older, learned in most elements and more predisposed to action than spirituality - all of it means there's very little to explore.

like if the episode count is a problem, why not make it like a normal 20 episode season just broken in two? the midseason stuff of all three og avatar books was way more "wtf is gonna happen next" than this.

all these excuses mean is that the show shouldn't exist and it's just tacked on and they should've gone with an original idea.

i have read that they have ideas for more than 2 seasons, and the ratings are good, but tbh i hope they move on quickly.
June 25, 2012 @ 15:03:04
sabadz i think that just proves that this story is fundamentally not as interesting as aang's. everything about it is trying to be different, from making it in one place, to focusing on a tighter story without filler (even though any filler episode of avatar is better than anything this season), to making korra older, learned in most elements and more predisposed to action than spirituality - all of it means there's very little to explore.

like if the episode count is a problem, why not make it like a normal 20 episode season just broken in two? the midseason stuff of all three og avatar books was way more "wtf is gonna happen next" than this.

all these excuses mean is that the show shouldn't exist and it's just tacked on and they should've gone with an original idea.

i have read that they have ideas for more than 2 seasons, and the ratings are good, but tbh i hope they move on quickly.

This.

"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king"

June 25, 2012 @ 15:07:40
Ive heard of rumors that the creators what to make a 3rd season.
June 25, 2012 @ 17:52:04
Drewbacca
you guys need to stop comparing the storyline and everything to the original series. that was like 100 years before in like feudal bending times rather than modern day urban bending. the shit wont be the same or really resemble the old gang. EVER

June 25, 2012 @ 19:11:39
that's not a good thing though. and it aint like i'd compare fuckin breaking bad to the original series. this sequel invites comparison by so often referring to a story we all liked.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 25, 2012 @ 20:32:08
The problem is I don't really understand the "goal" of this series anymore since it's going on with more seasons..

June 25, 2012 @ 21:31:23
The thing you have to remember is that the creators didn't have the intentions to create another series after TLA. Since TLA was going to be a one time thing, the creators put a lot of effort into it. It took so many episodes to explain what the Avatar was, how bending works, plus the main villain. The creators wanted TLA to explain everything about the Avatar, cities, and the world so that when it ended there would be few questions left unexplained and because of this they kinda screwed themselves over with Kora. Im sure they only made Kora because the fans demanded another series, plus im sure the money was a nice benefit. With Kora they had nothing to explain about the Avatar or the history (besides the original crew and how they grew up, but this series wasn't about them) so they decided to focus on the main story line, (Amon). This lead to the series going by quick and fast paced, especially since kora already mastered 3 of the types of bending. I personally was happy about the series and how it ended, i know most people wanted it to end with a cliff hanger, but thats cliche. Ending it how it did with no cliff hanger makes me even wonder more about what they are going to do next, since I have no clue.
June 25, 2012 @ 21:34:12
The thing you have to remember is that the creators didn't have the intentions to create another series after TLA. Since TLA was going to be a one time thing, the creators put a lot of effort into it. It took so many episodes to explain what the Avatar was, how bending works, plus the main villain. The creators wanted TLA to explain everything about the Avatar, cities, and the world so that when it ended there would be few questions left unexplained and because of this they kinda screwed themselves over with Kora. Im sure they only made Kora because the fans demanded another series, plus im sure the money was a nice benefit. With Kora they had nothing to explain about the Avatar or the history (besides the original crew and how they grew up, but this series wasn't about them) so they decided to focus on the main story line, (Amon). This lead to the series going by quick and fast paced, especially since kora already mastered 3 of the types of bending. I personally was happy about the series and how it ended, i know most people wanted it to end with a cliff hanger, but thats cliche. Ending it how it did with no cliff hanger makes me even wonder more about what they are going to do next, since I have no clue.

The problem with that is it's not the end of the series. There's another season being made.

June 25, 2012 @ 21:55:13
I guess what im trying to say is that you cant compare Kora with TLA because TLA had everything, TLA left nothing for Kora to explain. Although Kora is a good series, for what it is, at least in my opinion. If you wanted Kora to be like TLA then you want an exact same story line (learning all of the forms of bending, going around the same main cities, fighting henchmen, learning the same information we already know about the Avatar, spirit world, energy bending) with a different Avatar and villain.
June 25, 2012 @ 22:01:01
I guess what im trying to say is that you cant compare Kora with TLA because TLA had everything, TLA left nothing for Kora to explain. Although Kora is a good series, for what it is, at least in my opinion. If you wanted Kora to be like TLA then you want an exact same story line (learning all of the forms of bending, going around the same main cities, fighting henchmen, learning the same information we already know about the Avatar, spirit world, energy bending) with a different Avatar and villain.

I was actually looking for more of the spirit world to be shown. We only saw/heard about snippets of it in TLA.

June 25, 2012 @ 22:50:57
Drewbacca
we couldnt see the spirit zone because her spiritual shit was blocked until just now duh nigga.

obviously all the descendants of the original gang will be shown and we will learn more about what happened after TLA through being korra. We will learn a bunch of shit that happened in between the two series. they will probably adventure and just uncover new things in different parts of the world.

all you sayers of nay have no hope. just because they are no longer working to save the world in some way doesn't mean anything.

June 26, 2012 @ 00:09:39
wat??? i was hoping for the fall. what could be an advanced form of air? fire = lightning, etc. etc. that'd be dope to see

dispersing air... like cause voids without oxygen. aka kill niggas... SEASON 2 IS RATED M.

instagram: prxsh

June 26, 2012 @ 00:44:53
wat??? i was hoping for the fall. what could be an advanced form of air? fire = lightning, etc. etc. that'd be dope to see

dispersing air... like cause voids without oxygen. aka kill niggas... SEASON 2 IS RATED M.

lets see.. earth has metal; fire has lightning; water has blood; and air can have..... monoxide poisoning? shiet
June 26, 2012 @ 00:46:14
Bruh if the avatar series was M rated this show would be GOAT. But an advanced form of air would be something cool to see...fire->lightning, earth->metal, water->blood, air->??? Maybe airbenders will be able to teleport idk lol.

June 26, 2012 @ 13:50:06
lol it's not even tv pg smh nick have a strange way of showing they care about avatar. the third season had 2 halves separated by like 8 months, the second half was aired in like a week or some bullshit, this shit is on saturday mornings. just smfh.

aah this show is frustrating af i just want it to be better and so many little things are just not as good as they could be
June 26, 2012 @ 16:31:21
^Its just cartoons du chill lmao
June 26, 2012 @ 16:55:54
lol @ mako
June 26, 2012 @ 18:05:24
^Its just cartoons du chill lmao

YOU CHILL
June 26, 2012 @ 23:43:32
i just want to know two things

1. what happened to zuko when he went to look for his mother

2. how the fuck is there more than one sky bison when Appa was supposed to be the last one
June 26, 2012 @ 23:51:37
didnt like the ending
June 27, 2012 @ 00:31:44
zamn b so that nigga amok just killed himself along with his brother? that shit is wack af, he coulda at least went out with a bang dude was a fucking BLOOD bender. and why aang as an adult look awkward af b.

and why that nigga simpin tellin he love korra. theres no point in making a second season with the direction they went with this. korra already ham af healing everyone bending everything.
June 27, 2012 @ 02:43:15

2. how the fuck is there more than one sky bison when Appa was supposed to be the last one

they said they found a herd of air bison after TLA
June 27, 2012 @ 04:20:02

1. the second comic book (the first one is called the promise, I forgot what the seconds one gonna be) is gonna go into the story of zuko and what happens to azula and the mom (and aang and them will be background characters)

2. the other guy answered
Please login first to reply.
x