The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

June 23, 2012 @ 22:28:59
How did it make sense? He kills them both cause Amon took his bending? Tarrlok was a lil faggot ass all along, and he was the one to betray Amon when he looked out for him. That was a weak death for a villain they build up like that.
June 23, 2012 @ 22:42:52
smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface smokeyface finale was piff!!
June 23, 2012 @ 23:08:36
I guess Mako feenin' for dat avatar pussay.

she good w dat jizz bending
June 23, 2012 @ 23:39:59
How did it make sense? He kills them both cause Amon took his bending? Tarrlok was a lil faggot ass all along, and he was the one to betray Tarrlok when he looked out for him. That was a weak death for a villain they build up like that.

You got your names mixed up, bro.

It's a tragic ending for both. Tarrlok feels betrayed after all those years, thinking his older brother was dead all along, only to show up years later as someone he opposed. As the finale showed, Amon essentially took up his dad's goals, but started the Equalists under a lie. I think most of all knew all along that Amon was somehow a bender/hypocrite.

In a way, Tarrlok knows he's not getting his bending back. Tarrlok knew he had to get rid of his brother, but he also knew there was no way for himself to be redeemed. Their deaths symbolize both a brother feeling betrayed and another realizing that he fucked up almost everything in his life. There's both tragedy and poetic justice in their stories. The fact that it had to be brother killing a brother, to me, makes it more along the lines of poetic justice.
June 23, 2012 @ 23:51:53
Didn't get em mixed up just accidentally wrote tarrlok one too many times, guess im so pissed about that weak ass.
June 24, 2012 @ 00:14:39
ending was whack. in the first avatar, the ending of each season revealed a new evil. S1 was azula, S2 was the fall of ba sing se, and S3 was aang gettin that pussy. wtf does a kiss have to do with season 2. asame > korra too, they should have developed another love for korra leading up or in season 2. I know it might cause some problems in season 2 and asame might go father status and betray em, but I think that just defeats the purpose of her even teaming up with korra. also, aang showing up and giving korra back her bending was weak. season 2 could have been her trying to find some secret to getting them back or some shit, da fuuuuqs.

sequels suck.
June 24, 2012 @ 00:30:12
Didn't get em mixed up just accidentally wrote tarrlok one too many times, guess im so pissed about that weak ass.

he told korra he wanted her to end his familys destruction or whatever he said, so then he did it literally

ending was whack. in the first avatar, the ending of each season revealed a new evil. S1 was azula, S2 was the fall of ba sing se, and S3 was aang gettin that pussy. wtf does a kiss have to do with season 2. asame > korra too, they should have developed another love for korra leading up or in season 2. I know it might cause some problems in season 2 and asame might go father status and betray em, but I think that just defeats the purpose of her even teaming up with korra. also, aang showing up and giving korra back her bending was weak. season 2 could have been her trying to find some secret to getting them back or some shit, da fuuuuqs.

sequels suck.

and i guess we will see how season 2 ends up
June 24, 2012 @ 00:43:37

this was fucking amazing

Did anyone else feel bad for Noatak when Tarlock exploded the boat?
I actually ended up liking them two at the end.

And does anyone else think Asami's going to get butthurt and turn on Team Avatar?
Maybe the next villian?

the girl airbender avatar has a 7 head
June 24, 2012 @ 01:01:21
lol you see her briefly in the last series, she shaves the front of her head to get the tattoo.

honestly apart from how dark it was to see tenzin and his kids blindfolded and bound/tarrlok blow up the boat, that episode confirmed my distaste for this series. i don't think i'll be watching season 2. it's just so badly written in comparison to the original series. it's melodramatic af (the season ending with korra/mako as if anyone cares?), the conflict is dumb and inconsistent (we see earlier in the episode that amon is more susceptible to airbending when tenzin blows him off the stage, but instead of defeating him like korra does later, he runs off with his kids?) and for no good reason korra shrugged off bloodbending with airbending when a fully-grown, master of all elements aang had to use the avatar state with yakkone.

and then instead of next season being about a meaningful journey towards korra re-learning everything, she gets it all back with aang appearing. the show is not compelling at all to me. if you're gonna do a sequel, do some shit worth doing, otherwise it's gonna be unfavourably compared to the original.

lol on an aesthetic note, much as i love the animation, the cgi sucks and is used too much.

other issues i figured out while discussing in the sb:

- dumb that bloodbending takes away bending. woulda been more interesting if they tied it into the spiritual theme they keep discussing but that actually isn't all that present in the series

- dumb that we care more about amon and tarrlok in those 2 episodes than we do about korra and the gang in the whole series imo
June 24, 2012 @ 01:37:17
when did amon bloodbend tarrlok? when tarlok was imprisoned at the attic or something he said he kinda knew it was his brother cause he recognized his bloodbending grip, when did that happen?
June 24, 2012 @ 01:41:01
i think he was referring to him taking his bending, which we now know is a form of bloodbending. although we never see how or why bloodbending as taking bending away is possible or how yakkone would've taught it to them. i mean, when aang takes it away it's permanent. so maybe amon learned it elsewhere?
June 24, 2012 @ 01:56:07
Zilla salty lol. I can't wait for season 2, but I did feel a little underwhelmed with this one.
June 24, 2012 @ 02:54:11
Amon is still a G.

This. I'm little underwhelmed how they handled his character towards the end. Still, he's one of the best antagonists I've ever seen on a Saturday morning cartoon lol.

Can't wait to see where they head for season 2. This storyline is wrapped up so they can pretty much do anything from here on out. I'm hearing they might end up traveling out of Republic City.

Iroh x Asami anyone? lol

Also, we'll find out about Season 2 @ Comic-Con on July 13.

LTE bands will make her dance.

June 24, 2012 @ 04:56:31
Originally posted by Inactive User
Amon is still a G.

This. I'm little underwhelmed how they handled his character towards the end. Still, he's one of the best antagonists I've ever seen on a Saturday morning cartoon lol.

Can't wait to see where they head for season 2. This storyline is wrapped up so they can pretty much do anything from here on out. I'm hearing they might end up traveling out of Republic City.

Iroh x Asami anyone? lol

Also, we'll find out about Season 2 @ Comic-Con on July 13.

okay good. cause i JUST watched the last episode and im trying to figure out where it could go from there... at first I thought she was going to have to relearn all the elements.. that would have been a nice way to prolong the show

take pictures and shit

June 24, 2012 @ 06:35:34
info on Comic-Con?

i might go just cause of this show.

dope part was when Korra randomly airbended. i was like blinkyeyes
June 24, 2012 @ 12:59:22
I think Amon wont be the main villain, after 9 episodes we've seen a lot of Amon. In the last airbender you hardly heard anything about the main villian Firelord Ozai after 9 episodes

fuck yeah i was right smokeyface
June 24, 2012 @ 17:07:10
Drewbacca
i would say he was the main villain though^

but hmm with no villain id say they will end up travelling and discover some stuff about their past. maybe go back into the story of zukos mother? or some shit like that

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 24, 2012 @ 17:55:17
this show is inconsequential af. if it never happened, the avatar universe loses nothing. minuswell be fan fiction, all it is is shoutouts. now i know how star wars fans feel about the prequel trilogy.
June 24, 2012 @ 18:19:59
Indeed, "hey this new dude is taking bending away and took over republic city in a second"
oh nevermind we defeated him and gave bending back to everyone and it's like the invasion never happened.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 24, 2012 @ 18:31:18
i would say he was the main villain though^

but hmm with no villain id say they will end up travelling and discover some stuff about their past. maybe go back into the story of zukos mother? or some shit like that

they definitely need to show what happened when zuko went to look for his mother. i honestly thought the second series would be a continuation of zuko looking for his mom and aang helping him

and either Asame becomes the next villian, or she gets with iroh.

Bolin aint never gona get some pussy
June 24, 2012 @ 18:36:23
avatarchapters.tv/the-promise/part-one.php
avatarchapters.tv/the-promise/part-two.php

waiting on part three; comes out in sept
June 24, 2012 @ 18:53:02
i can lowkey see asami becoming the new villain because of salt
June 24, 2012 @ 20:07:53
yall forget this is a kids show....it was a 9/10 for me

Websites at your price aodevelopment.co HMU

June 24, 2012 @ 20:26:06
this show is inconsequential af. if it never happened, the avatar universe loses nothing. minuswell be fan fiction, all it is is shoutouts. now i know how star wars fans feel about the prequel trilogy.

lmao that use of minuswell. but like HVNGMVN said, it is a kids show on nick. you can't really expect them to delve deep into a storyline when they announced it for only two seasons. and it's not like they can keep continuing the series. the longest shit on nick is spongebob, which has no storyline whatsoever...

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

June 24, 2012 @ 23:33:27
Drewbacca
is energy bending that bending taking away shit or lightning bending? aang and them made republic city so he also probably learned how to do advanced bending, which korra has to learn as well? metal, lightning, etc

June 24, 2012 @ 23:35:59
is energy bending that bending taking away shit or lightning bending? aang and them made republic city so he also probably learned how to do advanced bending, which korra has to learn as well? metal, lightning, etc

energy bending can take away/(give back?) bending

but Amon was using blood bending to do it his way
June 25, 2012 @ 00:52:26
Drewbacca
well i mean aangs way

Please login first to reply.
x