Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 24, 2012 @ 01:37 AM
mumbai

when did amon bloodbend tarrlok? when tarlok was imprisoned at the attic or something he said he kinda knew it was his brother cause he recognized his bloodbending grip, when did that happen?
June 24, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i think he was referring to him taking his bending, which we now know is a form of bloodbending. although we never see how or why bloodbending as taking bending away is possible or how yakkone would've taught it to them. i mean, when aang takes it away it's permanent. so maybe amon learned it elsewhere?
June 24, 2012 @ 01:56 AM
Shanklin

Zilla salty lol. I can't wait for season 2, but I did feel a little underwhelmed with this one.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

June 24, 2012 @ 02:54 AM
Black Manta

Amon is still a G.

This. I'm little underwhelmed how they handled his character towards the end. Still, he's one of the best antagonists I've ever seen on a Saturday morning cartoon lol.

Can't wait to see where they head for season 2. This storyline is wrapped up so they can pretty much do anything from here on out. I'm hearing they might end up traveling out of Republic City.

Iroh x Asami anyone? lol

Also, we'll find out about Season 2 @ Comic-Con on July 13.

LTE bands will make her dance.

June 24, 2012 @ 04:56 AM
napps.

Amon is still a G.

This. I'm little underwhelmed how they handled his character towards the end. Still, he's one of the best antagonists I've ever seen on a Saturday morning cartoon lol.

Can't wait to see where they head for season 2. This storyline is wrapped up so they can pretty much do anything from here on out. I'm hearing they might end up traveling out of Republic City.

Iroh x Asami anyone? lol

Also, we'll find out about Season 2 @ Comic-Con on July 13.

okay good. cause i JUST watched the last episode and im trying to figure out where it could go from there... at first I thought she was going to have to relearn all the elements.. that would have been a nice way to prolong the show

take pictures and shit

June 24, 2012 @ 06:35 AM
ToyotaGuy

info on Comic-Con?

i might go just cause of this show.

dope part was when Korra randomly airbended. i was like suprised
June 24, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
FIDEL CASHFLOW

I think Amon wont be the main villain, after 9 episodes we've seen a lot of Amon. In the last airbender you hardly heard anything about the main villian Firelord Ozai after 9 episodes

fuck yeah i was right cool

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/217784 http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/206983

June 24, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
DREWKKAKE

i would say he was the main villain though^

but hmm with no villain id say they will end up travelling and discover some stuff about their past. maybe go back into the story of zukos mother? or some shit like that

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 24, 2012 @ 05:55 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

this show is inconsequential af. if it never happened, the avatar universe loses nothing. minuswell be fan fiction, all it is is shoutouts. now i know how star wars fans feel about the prequel trilogy.
June 24, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
Pantic

Indeed, "hey this new dude is taking bending away and took over republic city in a second"
oh nevermind we defeated him and gave bending back to everyone and it's like the invasion never happened.
June 24, 2012 @ 06:31 PM
barkevvv

i would say he was the main villain though^

but hmm with no villain id say they will end up travelling and discover some stuff about their past. maybe go back into the story of zukos mother? or some shit like that

they definitely need to show what happened when zuko went to look for his mother. i honestly thought the second series would be a continuation of zuko looking for his mom and aang helping him

and either Asame becomes the next villian, or she gets with iroh.

Bolin aint never gona get some pussy
June 24, 2012 @ 06:36 PM
iggy-koopa

avatarchapters.tv/the-promise/part-one.php
avatarchapters.tv/the-promise/part-two.php

waiting on part three; comes out in sept
June 24, 2012 @ 06:53 PM
KoreanJesus

i can lowkey see asami becoming the new villain because of salt
June 24, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
POPALONG//CASSIDY

yall forget this is a kids show....it was a 9/10 for me
June 24, 2012 @ 08:26 PM
losolu

this show is inconsequential af. if it never happened, the avatar universe loses nothing. minuswell be fan fiction, all it is is shoutouts. now i know how star wars fans feel about the prequel trilogy.

lmao that use of minuswell. but like HVNGMVN said, it is a kids show on nick. you can't really expect them to delve deep into a storyline when they announced it for only two seasons. and it's not like they can keep continuing the series. the longest shit on nick is spongebob, which has no storyline whatsoever...
June 24, 2012 @ 11:33 PM
DREWKKAKE

is energy bending that bending taking away shit or lightning bending? aang and them made republic city so he also probably learned how to do advanced bending, which korra has to learn as well? metal, lightning, etc

June 24, 2012 @ 11:35 PM
iggy-koopa

is energy bending that bending taking away shit or lightning bending? aang and them made republic city so he also probably learned how to do advanced bending, which korra has to learn as well? metal, lightning, etc

energy bending can take away/(give backconfused bending

but Amon was using blood bending to do it his way
June 25, 2012 @ 12:52 AM
DREWKKAKE

well i mean aangs way

June 25, 2012 @ 05:16 AM
DREWKKAKE

it would make so much sense for avatars to have to learn metal bending and blood bending and all those advanced forms

June 25, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
Beach2theBay

The finale is out already? Where to cop?

nvm found it
June 25, 2012 @ 08:03 AM
tonysteak

latepass, just caught myself up

this series is amazing..bummer the next season doesnt come out till 2013

www.twitter.com/tonysteak

June 25, 2012 @ 01:50 PM
ibeatu

y'all need to remember that although it all happened in just 10 episodes, take into consideration that korra is 4 years older than aang was in his arc, and that everything has progressed by 50+ years since. korra compared to aang in his arc is pretty much a prodigy since she already learned 3 of the elements since she was a child and her past life had learned energy bending so of course things could be resolved much quicker

Well said n I hope there is more then 2 seasons

FS-sup tee's/tnf collab/caps,bags,shorts, camps, snaps, kicks HB Sale Thread http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/170571/

June 25, 2012 @ 02:43 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

sabadz i think that just proves that this story is fundamentally not as interesting as aang's. everything about it is trying to be different, from making it in one place, to focusing on a tighter story without filler (even though any filler episode of avatar is better than anything this season), to making korra older, learned in most elements and more predisposed to action than spirituality - all of it means there's very little to explore.

like if the episode count is a problem, why not make it like a normal 20 episode season just broken in two? the midseason stuff of all three og avatar books was way more "wtf is gonna happen next" than this.

all these excuses mean is that the show shouldn't exist and it's just tacked on and they should've gone with an original idea.

i have read that they have ideas for more than 2 seasons, and the ratings are good, but tbh i hope they move on quickly.
June 25, 2012 @ 03:03 PM
DreamCast

sabadz i think that just proves that this story is fundamentally not as interesting as aang's. everything about it is trying to be different, from making it in one place, to focusing on a tighter story without filler (even though any filler episode of avatar is better than anything this season), to making korra older, learned in most elements and more predisposed to action than spirituality - all of it means there's very little to explore.

like if the episode count is a problem, why not make it like a normal 20 episode season just broken in two? the midseason stuff of all three og avatar books was way more "wtf is gonna happen next" than this.

all these excuses mean is that the show shouldn't exist and it's just tacked on and they should've gone with an original idea.

i have read that they have ideas for more than 2 seasons, and the ratings are good, but tbh i hope they move on quickly.

This.

"The wings don't make you fly and the crown don't make you king"

June 25, 2012 @ 03:07 PM
ToyotaGuy

Ive heard of rumors that the creators what to make a 3rd season.
June 25, 2012 @ 05:52 PM
DREWKKAKE

you guys need to stop comparing the storyline and everything to the original series. that was like 100 years before in like feudal bending times rather than modern day urban bending. the shit wont be the same or really resemble the old gang. EVER

June 25, 2012 @ 07:11 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

that's not a good thing though. and it aint like i'd compare fuckin breaking bad to the original series. this sequel invites comparison by so often referring to a story we all liked.
June 25, 2012 @ 08:32 PM
DreamCast

The problem is I don't really understand the "goal" of this series anymore since it's going on with more seasons..

June 25, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
whoknowswhat

The thing you have to remember is that the creators didn't have the intentions to create another series after TLA. Since TLA was going to be a one time thing, the creators put a lot of effort into it. It took so many episodes to explain what the Avatar was, how bending works, plus the main villain. The creators wanted TLA to explain everything about the Avatar, cities, and the world so that when it ended there would be few questions left unexplained and because of this they kinda screwed themselves over with Kora. Im sure they only made Kora because the fans demanded another series, plus im sure the money was a nice benefit. With Kora they had nothing to explain about the Avatar or the history (besides the original crew and how they grew up, but this series wasn't about them) so they decided to focus on the main story line, (Amon). This lead to the series going by quick and fast paced, especially since kora already mastered 3 of the types of bending. I personally was happy about the series and how it ended, i know most people wanted it to end with a cliff hanger, but thats cliche. Ending it how it did with no cliff hanger makes me even wonder more about what they are going to do next, since I have no clue.
June 25, 2012 @ 09:34 PM
DreamCast

The thing you have to remember is that the creators didn't have the intentions to create another series after TLA. Since TLA was going to be a one time thing, the creators put a lot of effort into it. It took so many episodes to explain what the Avatar was, how bending works, plus the main villain. The creators wanted TLA to explain everything about the Avatar, cities, and the world so that when it ended there would be few questions left unexplained and because of this they kinda screwed themselves over with Kora. Im sure they only made Kora because the fans demanded another series, plus im sure the money was a nice benefit. With Kora they had nothing to explain about the Avatar or the history (besides the original crew and how they grew up, but this series wasn't about them) so they decided to focus on the main story line, (Amon). This lead to the series going by quick and fast paced, especially since kora already mastered 3 of the types of bending. I personally was happy about the series and how it ended, i know most people wanted it to end with a cliff hanger, but thats cliche. Ending it how it did with no cliff hanger makes me even wonder more about what they are going to do next, since I have no clue.

The problem with that is it's not the end of the series. There's another season being made.

Please login first to reply.