Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 2, 2012 @ 12:14 AM
huynh

double
April 2, 2012 @ 12:15 AM
huynh

I heard the movie is really close to the book?
April 2, 2012 @ 12:37 AM
dalek

It's close... but there's a ton of stuff left out of the movie. Catniss' relationships with Haymitch, Effie, Cinna, Rue... basically anyone not Peeta or Gale, are pretty nonexistent in the movie.
April 2, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
W33ZY

didn't read the books but was told what was different in each, pretty important parts i'd say but i enjoyed the movie
April 2, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
missy.

:C i havent watched the movie yet but i will in the next few days.. i've been avoiding the younger teens who would most likely annoy the shit outta me sooo.. yea..

i dont understand why a lot of people are comparing the hunger games to battle royale.. like, yes i get why but that's not the only part of the book/movie. if you read the other ones (i have yet to read the third book) it's much more than what battle royale is/was. although it's pretty similar the book for battle royale focused more on the actual battle whereas the book(s) for the hunger games focuses on not only the games but the rebellion and shit going on behind the games...

but in the end, both are really good dystopic books and i wish there were more like them >< it's also nice getting two different pov's (males view from BR and females view in HG)

El Chino : id let claire fuck me with a strap on while im on poppers

April 2, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
bacontaco

the movie sucked here is why:

1. the audience is given no reason as to why to care about catniss getting called to the games. literally. you discover who catniss is, then about 10 minutes later she is called to the games and you are suppose to be like "OHHHH NOOOOOO CATNISSSS I <3 YOU!!!!!". but if you are a rational person, you probably dont feel this way, and if you do, it's only because you are trying hard to feel for her, and aren't guided by the movie to actually care.

2. there is no character development. every character remains completely the same. they have no struggle. nobody has to change or question themselves. beginning to end, everyone is exactly the same.

3. the movie really missed an opportunity to do something with the setting. there is a highly subversive element to the culture in the capital, yet the movie doesnt even try to make fun of it or comment on it. or even do anything with it. it is simply presented as something that just is, and you shouldnt question why.

4. nothing happens in the movie. and by nothing happens, i mean there is not really any plot. catniss gets selected, they make you think catniss will win. catniss wins. the movie ends. that is literally it. there is nothing else there. you never feel scared that she might not make it. (and i haven't read the books).

5. the ending is terrible. she wins, she goes back to normal life, then what? some dude looks a little angry, but thats it. it just ends.

this movie got wayyy too much hype. i really don't understand what people saw in it. i wanted to see it and like it. and when i did, it was enjoyable. but the more i think about the more i realize how incomplete it is.

http://kylekukshtel.com

April 2, 2012 @ 06:25 AM
vanitas

^ the movie is only the FIRST of a three part series so...
April 2, 2012 @ 04:01 PM
missy.

lol also, i think its different if it's a movie based on a book.. obviously, everything's gonna be in the book but when putting it into a movie, everyone's gonna expect every bit of the book to be in there but really, i think the movie is just so people who have read the book can see some type of visual interpretation to the book... mainly the fighting scenes or whatever scenes seemed to "capture the audience" more.

maybe that's why a movie like inception did so well, that movie wasn't based on a book but the whole movie itself just had a shit ton of stuff that kept everyone thinking even past the movie (but that's cuz there was nothing else to base it on) but HG has three whole fuckin books that you could look back on and be like "ohhhhhhh"..

that's pretty much the same shit they did with Harry Potter and i'm sure all those twilight nerds would feel the same as well. maybe LOTR but i never read the books :C

--
this is only my opinion btw..

even though people are either saying it sucked or it rocked, i still want to see it but mainly cuz i read the books, not cuz i'm expecting something sort of great out of it.. it's nice seeing a movie being made out of a book you read...

lol like battle royale.. the movie was pretty good but in comparison to the book i wouldnt say it was great.. the second movie though.... smh, i wish they never made that.

April 3, 2012 @ 06:48 AM
bacontaco

^ the movie is only the FIRST of a three part series so...

that's no excuse for a bad movie. a good movie should stand on its own.

even though people are either saying it sucked or it rocked, i still want to see it but mainly cuz i read the books, not cuz i'm expecting something sort of great out of it.. it's nice seeing a movie being made out of a book you read...

i can totally see why if you read the book you would want to see it, and i think that is totally reasonable.

http://kylekukshtel.com

April 3, 2012 @ 05:16 PM
missy.

--- somewhat spoilers??? ---

lol so i saw it and it was definitely nothing great. you guys are right tho, i wish it was rated r so maybe we could've seen that brick bash into the head a little more.

hmmm why is jennifer lawrence a hit or miss in some scenes? or was that just me?

i can see how hard it must be for someone who didnt read the book to follow the relationships and what not. like katniss and rue.. there was so much more between them but they barely showed it but when she died it was like katniss' world shattered.. but having read the book i cried, lol.

also i thought it was pretty cool how they showed district 11's rebellion when that happened cuz in the book it's only mentioned later on cuz she's unaware during the games that it's even happening.

the movie was a bit long, i wish for more gritty gory killings, and more character development like you fellas said.

also, i was growing sick of the many cut, moving shots. ugh. T_T

April 5, 2012 @ 03:20 AM
The Chosen One

suspended

movie was one of the worst i've seen in a while
April 14, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
ThugBear Numba6

suspended

Basically just a pussy version of that one movie wit Stone Cold in it and they had to fight to da death for freedom.

When I say pussy version I mean it. Niggas was walkin around with blue hair and blue eyebrows in dis shit.

Thank god I watched it bootleg doe
April 14, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
The Chosen One

suspended

that movie was one of the worst movies ive seen in my life
April 14, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
blackice445

shit was okay at best.
April 14, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
NZOO

Just watched Battle Royale again in HD and >>>>>

Don't badmind me.

April 15, 2012 @ 06:06 AM
jacobsever

Battle Royale + Twilight + Tim Burton + Lady Gaga = Hunger Games

Laughed real loud when I first saw Woody Harrelson.
Laughed real loud when I saw Lenny Kravitz.
Laughed real loud when dude was disguised as a rock.

Movie was complete garbage. If I wasn't with a group of people, I would have left early.

April 15, 2012 @ 09:33 AM
nikbates

Not gonna lie, went to the theaters not expecting much, but the movie was seriously dope. Great Movie.
Btw Jennifer Lawrence is beautiful.

Same here. Just depends how you want to take the story. I liked it for what it was worth to me

M RED/GREEN PARENTAL ADVISORY, CORD PULLOVER http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/195327

April 15, 2012 @ 07:55 PM
Ellie

ugh. the book was terrible but im only hearing positive reviews for the movie.
April 16, 2012 @ 02:51 PM
jacobsever

Jennifer Lawrence in Like Crazy > Jennifer Lawrence in Hunger Games

August 5, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
Pantic

Movie came out on dvdrip, trynna figure if i should watch this shit while eating my sunday pizza. Plot sounds lame to me and im afraid its some dumb love story covered in "action" am i right?
August 5, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
kr00kd

the movie sucked here is why:

1. the audience is given no reason as to why to care about catniss getting called to the games. literally. you discover who catniss is, then about 10 minutes later she is called to the games and you are suppose to be like "OHHHH NOOOOOO CATNISSSS I <3 YOU!!!!!". but if you are a rational person, you probably dont feel this way, and if you do, it's only because you are trying hard to feel for her, and aren't guided by the movie to actually care.

2. there is no character development. every character remains completely the same. they have no struggle. nobody has to change or question themselves. beginning to end, everyone is exactly the same.

3. the movie really missed an opportunity to do something with the setting. there is a highly subversive element to the culture in the capital, yet the movie doesnt even try to make fun of it or comment on it. or even do anything with it. it is simply presented as something that just is, and you shouldnt question why.

4. nothing happens in the movie. and by nothing happens, i mean there is not really any plot. catniss gets selected, they make you think catniss will win. catniss wins. the movie ends. that is literally it. there is nothing else there. you never feel scared that she might not make it. (and i haven't read the books).

5. the ending is terrible. she wins, she goes back to normal life, then what? some dude looks a little angry, but thats it. it just ends.

this movie got wayyy too much hype. i really don't understand what people saw in it. i wanted to see it and like it. and when i did, it was enjoyable. but the more i think about the more i realize how incomplete it is.

I thought the movie was good and entertaining, but those were all very good points.

Jennifer lawrence doe cool

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/166901/

August 5, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
Pantic

Jennifer lawrence doe razz
August 5, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

Movie came out on dvdrip, trynna figure if i should watch this shit while eating my sunday pizza. Plot sounds lame to me and im afraid its some dumb love story covered in "action" am i right?

kinda? if you aint read the book you might like it
August 6, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
northbayx415

My sis dragged me to this shit, but

the ending urked the shit out of me! at the end they should have just had those fuckers eat the berries. why twist the rules? (yes, i know its a movie)

and how the fuck is there more to these books? is the next movie/ book, do they go again into the hunger game and repeat itself??

p.s i dont know shit about this book/ really care, just wondering lol

TPTB Coming Soon!

August 6, 2012 @ 09:11 PM
missy.

yea the second book has them going back and playing past winners of the hunger games and since there's only been 3 total (the last two and haymich) they get pretty much in the same shit again.

August 6, 2012 @ 11:17 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

yeah the next book/film will be like the ramifications of katniss and peeta rebelling like they did and essentially being punished by having to compete in the games with other winners. the book after that is kind of batshit and like a lot of third parts to trilogies is more a part 2 to the second part and will be 2 films, smh
August 10, 2012 @ 10:09 PM
SoleFresh87

Katniss shoulda gave her homie tha ass before she left .

Thats why you never friend bitches.

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

August 11, 2012 @ 05:05 PM
tmwtg

^ Forreal, when can we see Jennifer Lawrence pop them titties out?
August 11, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
chief

so i just watched this movie. so god damn anti-climatic. the movie was predictable right from the beginning. not what i thought it would be at all

•••

August 11, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
disciple

Just watched it. I didn't enjoy it at all. It was way over hyped. It was way soft but I guess it was intended for kids and teenage girls.

Please login first to reply.