February 23, 2012 @ 21:27:31
I really liked it, I saw the trailer a while ago so I wasn't really thinking of it when I watched it, oh well, it's clearly not for everybody. I liked everything but the Typography in the titles, which was horrible.

typography went perfectly with the 80s/gta vice city vibe

fuck yeah exactly what i thought

This. That and playing that song "Nightcall" and showing the shots of the city was brilliance.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

February 26, 2012 @ 14:58:14
Gosling is a damn good actor, I just don`t like the idea of making from him another Hollywood Cutie - this will spoil him.

already happened.. plus he's not a good actor.. especially judging him from this movie where he said 12 words..

His character was meant to be a Clint Eastwood "Man With No Name" Archtype. He wasn't meant to say much. You we're supposed to feel his actions, which Gosling did perfectly. The Driver looks somewhat harmless, maybe a bit sociopathic, but Gosling portrays his Visceral and Sensitive side expertly
February 26, 2012 @ 15:01:22
i just watched this a second time. much better than i remembered. i could watch it over and over, it doesn't seem like a chore at all. can't believe i didn't get the scorpion and frog thing despite them literally referring to it in the film. the fable-ness of it makes it timeless.
February 26, 2012 @ 18:04:12
should have been nominated for best picture smh
February 26, 2012 @ 19:27:41
smh @ descendants getting nominated for best picture. i saw it but no way is it great.
February 26, 2012 @ 19:51:44
The Descendants was a great film.

But fuck the Oscars and Grammy's.
February 26, 2012 @ 21:33:50
best song to drive to at night
February 26, 2012 @ 21:38:55
if the descendants is great then a lot more films got shunned than just drive or shame. i liked it but there were better films not nominated or even completely ignored by most awards shows.
February 27, 2012 @ 02:17:58
Honestly, Drive should be up for Best Adaptation and Best Picture, Even though I saw the descendants and it's a pretty good film too. George Clooney is in top form in the film
February 27, 2012 @ 09:16:15
Gosling is a damn good actor, I just don`t like the idea of making from him another Hollywood Cutie - this will spoil him.

already happened.. plus he's not a good actor.. especially judging him from this movie where he said 12 words..

His character was meant to be a Clint Eastwood "Man With No Name" Archtype. He wasn't meant to say much. You we're supposed to feel his actions, which Gosling did perfectly. The Driver looks somewhat harmless, maybe a bit sociopathic, but Gosling portrays his Visceral and Sensitive side expertly

True dat.
Anyway, no matter how many words he said in that movie he was perfect in "Lars and the real girl"(also said mayby.. maximum 15 words), "Fracture", "stay" "half nelson", "the believer". But i don`t want to see him as another bollywood lollipop
March 03, 2012 @ 03:49:46
you guys should watch valhalla rising - by the same director has the same stoic then hyperviolent pace. pretty cool - think its still on netflix instant

Got curious and checked this out.
Way better film than Drive.

March 05, 2012 @ 16:29:58
You should check out Bronson too. Same director and starring Tom Hardy. Its about Charles Bronson the famous UK Prisoner and his life. Violent as fuck and has the same kind of retro soundtrack.
March 07, 2012 @ 07:07:33
all the cars in this movie are automatics...thought that was weird
March 09, 2012 @ 16:24:25
still not sure how i felt about this movie. expectations were too high i guess.
March 09, 2012 @ 17:42:41
this movie is awesome
March 04, 2014 @ 06:04:25
Just watched it, this guy is a great actor. This, Place Beyond the Pines, Gangster Squad... Even Notebook.

I'm boutta watch Only God Forgives here soon

instagram: prxsh

Please login first to reply.
x