SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
December 24, 2010 @ 12:18 PM
bdotwells

wow, boss movie. Great script, the language was on point. Reminded me of an americanized shakespeare. Also very funny. Anybody else go see it?
December 24, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
sjem

Fucking UK release, February smh.
December 24, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
kilogram

was definitely a lot funnier than i thought it would be

wasn't disappointed, just kind of expecting a darker western
December 25, 2010 @ 09:36 PM
goldANDsacks

liked the movie. jeff bridges was a badass. did anyone see the original john wayne version? this trailer has a lot of the same scenes as the new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN-j4GDqjv4&feature=related
December 25, 2010 @ 09:51 PM
Virungă

was definitely a lot funnier than i thought it would be

wasn't disappointed, just kind of expecting a darker western

qft I was expecting a typical Cohen bros film
December 26, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
dalek

qft I was expecting a typical Cohen bros film

A typical Coen brothers movie is funny...
December 26, 2010 @ 12:31 PM
neato torpedo

Me and my brothers saw this high last night, they loved it, i really hated it. I thought the story was poorly written, acting was whatever, and there where some stupid parts in it that killed it (spoiler? she falls down that hole with the snakes) I felt like they just got a grumpy ole drunk marshall, paired him with a witty clever girl and threw up a texas ranger whose too into himself for his own good and let it play out. Like a little cartoon show where they throw two characters together..
done ranting, its whatev
December 26, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
ReZ

A typical Coen brothers movie is funny...

Dark comedy is present in nearly all their films. Probably the most mainstream accessible film they've put out. Should be noted that they did not watch the earlier film prior to producing this, but solely read the novel.
December 27, 2010 @ 11:59 AM
nostalgia

I liked it, I came in with no expectations so it turned out a pretty unique movie without watching the OG movie.
December 29, 2010 @ 10:49 AM
goldANDsacks

Me and my brothers saw this high last night, they loved it, i really hated it. I thought the story was poorly written, acting was whatever, and there where some stupid parts in it that killed it (spoiler? she falls down that hole with the snakes) I felt like they just got a grumpy ole drunk marshall, paired him with a witty clever girl and threw up a texas ranger whose too into himself for his own good and let it play out. Like a little cartoon show where they throw two characters together..
done ranting, its whatev

u know the movie is based on a book written in 1968? long before any of these "cartoon shows where they throw two characters together". if anything, those cartoons are more based on True Grit.
December 29, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
neato torpedo

Still, its a re-make of the john wayne one, and even though that movie is still based on the book that version was nothing like this one as far as the characters went.

all i'm saying is i didnt like it..agree or disagree idc
December 30, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
ClydeFrazier

everyone killed it. favorite movie this year cool

Melo Gang All Day

December 30, 2010 @ 12:42 PM
AlphaTrion

Great film. Didn't beat No Country for Old Men as my favorite Coen bros. film but was still got high on my list.

Still, its a re-make of the john wayne one, and even though that movie is still based on the book that version was nothing like this one as far as the characters went.

Technically, it's not a remake. Coen Brothers didn't base this off the original movie. Like someone else mentioned, they went solely from the book. The original version was nothing like this one because the original differed a great deal from the book in terms of tone, what happens in the story, and how it ends.
December 30, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
jaded

done ranting, its whatev

That all happened in the book.

Snakes go underground in winter, so they were in the cave when she fell in, and she was bitten by a rattler. Although in the book I think she also breaks a leg or arm from the fall.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 31, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
bdotwells

That all happened in the book.

Snakes go underground in winter, so they were in the cave when she fell in, and she was bitten by a rattler. Although in the book I think she also breaks a leg or arm from the fall.

I think she just got tangled in some vines.

I agree with dude this movie didnt top no country for old men for me, but its still very close.
January 5, 2011 @ 04:19 AM
polyphasic

You will find the perfect blend of all the ingredients that a good movie should has/
January 5, 2011 @ 05:24 AM
dalek

So, I finally saw this. It's definitely a good movie. But I was expecting more considering the directors, cast, etc. I don't even think it's in the top 5 directed by the Coens.
January 5, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
sjem

Just watched this and i thought it was really good, standout performances from practically all of the cast.
January 5, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
BubbaC18

Gotta be the funniest western I've seen, "I'm a Texas Ranger"
January 9, 2011 @ 04:03 PM
vince24L

I loved it. Espesually the acting all around.
Theres not too many younger kids between 13-21 who would be going to watch a western if it wasnt for the COEN at the bottom. So it's cool to see younger people in the theatre with you. broaden.
February 8, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

ending killed it for me. i think i stopped really enjoying it when they split up with the texas ranger. this definitely goes in the miss column for the coens.

i don't feel like any character's inner stuff got resolved. stuff just kinda happened, as it often does in their films. it's a depressing experience.
February 9, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
clurr

just seen this film and thought it was quality. the book was still better though..!
February 14, 2011 @ 01:19 AM
Vancouver

Just watched this and i thought it was really good, standout performances from practically all of the cast.

this. the girl will win an oscar and if she doesnt thats bs

Please login first to reply.