April 27, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
bonemarrow

this will be great

http://www.last.fm/user/basedvern

April 28, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
hiphopspaz

I screened it the other night

Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5): Movie Review

It’s been 10 years and since THE FAST & THE FURIOUS launched the careers of stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. You would think that a franchise built on fast cars and cheesy dialogue would have run out of gas by the first sequel, but it seems by the box office numbers that fans of the FAST/FURIOUS movies just can’t get enough. The most surprising thing though is that the fifth movie in the franchise is actually the best. I have enjoyed each of the films (except for 2Fast 2Furious). None of them are considered high art, but they are fun and never try to be anything more.

FAST FIVE starts out with an extended version of Dom Toretto’s prison bus escape that was hinted at in the end of FAST & FUROUS. Now wanted fugitives Toretto (Vin Diesel), his sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) and former FBI agent Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) are hiding out in Rio de Janeiro. One of the many fantastic action sequences is when the three of them attempt to steal a few cars that were seized by the DEA from a moving train. Things go terribly wrong and federal agents are killed in the process. In comes Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson). Hobbs is the go-to agent that is sent to find the “most wanted” fugitives.

It turns out that one of the stolen cars had a hidden chip inside that belongs to a corrupt businessman named Reyes (Joaquim De Almedia). This chip contains the information of where Reyes hides his hoard of cash. Reyes of course wants his chip back along with Dom and Brian dead. The boys on the other hand have something else in mind. In comes just about every character that wasn’t killed in the four previous chapters. We even get one character that was killed in the 3rd film TOKYO DRIFT. It makes sense since the events of FAST FIVE take place before TOKYO DRIFT.

Vince (Matt Schulze) is back from the first film, Roman and Tej (Tyrese and Ludacris) are back from 2FAST 2 FURIOUS, Han (Sung Kang) is back from TOKYO DRIFT, and Gisele (Gal Gadot) is back from FAST & FURIOUS. They are all here to help Dom, Brian, & Mia execute a plan to steal one hundred million dollars from Reyes.

FAST FIVE works very well for a number of reasons. The first would be Director Justin Lin. Lin took over the franchise with the 3rd film and since then has made each film less reliant on street racing, allowing the stories and the characters to evolve. Brian and Dom have matured and so have their actions. In this new chapter Mia is now pregnant and Brian has to start thinking about being a father. There is a sense of family here and we finally see the blossomed friendship between Dom and Brian that has had a rocky road. Lin also knows how to film great action sequences involving cars. I already told you about the train sequence, but that is nothing compared to the two cars dragging a bank vault though the city streets, destroying cars and buildings along the way. This has to go down as one of the best car chase sequences in film history. For the life of me I can’t even figure out how it was done. This is something I hope is covered in the DVD extras.

Another reason the film excels is with the cast. All the returning members work great together. Many of them actually meet for the first time. Dom and Mia were absent in the 2nd film, so they haven’t met Roman and Tej until now. Even though I did not like the 2nd film, I did like Tyrese as Roman. Here he is given some funny moments and there is some good bantering going on. Speaking of good bantering, Santos (Don Omar) and Leo (Tego Calderon) are a hilarious part of the crew. They don’t speak a word of English but almost every other subtitled word that shows up on screen from them is gold. They bicker like an old married couple. It’s also nice to see Dwayne Johnson thrown into the franchise. Johnson brings just enough bad ass attitude to go up against Dom Toretto. My one disappointment was with how poorly the brawl between Toretto and Hobbs was shot. I knew this fight was coming but was let down by its execution.

Make sure to stay through the credits at the end of the movie for a surprise scene involving two more characters from the series past. I am actually excited to FAST SIX.

By: Marc Ferman

keepitclassic.com/2011/04/fast-five-fast-furious-5-movie-review/
April 29, 2011 @ 07:12 PM
TALIBAN

I'm bouta see it tonight in XD, and everybody said it was good. I guess $14.50 for a ticket is worth it. I'M READY
April 29, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
Beach2theBay

so is this a prequel or not?
April 29, 2011 @ 09:00 PM
KevinsThatDude

It's a prequel, saw it last night. These movies aren't even about racing anymore but I actually enjoyed it.
April 29, 2011 @ 11:58 PM
Trollinator

i forgot wat movie after 2

I want to see the world burn

April 30, 2011 @ 03:33 AM

Inactive

The Rock is yoked as fuck in this movie. Fucking fighting scenes with Vin Disel is bad ass. I dont know how this film will not make you want to: 1. drive faster 2. hit the gym.
April 30, 2011 @ 11:13 AM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

It's a prequel, saw it last night. These movies aren't even about racing anymore but I actually enjoyed it.

the only ones close to being about racing are 1 and 3

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

April 30, 2011 @ 10:23 PM
9inchesofsole

Yeah it was good and had a lot of action. And the scene after the credits was a total shocker!!
April 30, 2011 @ 11:19 PM
ozzycruzer7

By the far the best one in the series in my opinion. It was really dope.
April 30, 2011 @ 11:30 PM
StephonPurham

i just saw this ( great fucking movie ) i suggest you to go see this...on the way home my dad was hitting 105 down Goldenwest to the SpaceJam sound track....apperently he thought he was he was a character in the movie....
April 30, 2011 @ 11:59 PM
Sam

SO DOPE. IMAX was sold out, but gotta see it again but this time in IMAX thocool..

Han's too deep in this movie...and asian guy gets white girl yaa. I lold at everybody that rushed out after the last scene..
May 1, 2011 @ 12:00 AM
jerad

Pretty dope, some fine bitches in this movie
May 1, 2011 @ 08:58 AM
SupraRZ

Movie was legit. I guess that explains how Han had so much money in Tokyo Drift.
May 1, 2011 @ 09:51 AM
Cameltoe

Info on vin diesel new girlfriend in the movie?

May 1, 2011 @ 10:19 AM
cfis300

Info on vin diesel new girlfriend in the movie?

Wasn't she the girl from the last movie?
May 1, 2011 @ 11:27 AM
JStorm803

Pretty dope, some fine bitches in this movie

This is true. However, that time when that chick was walking in slo-mo didn't really do anything for me, she's sexy, just didn't have much to look at back there. Mmmm Jordana Brewster <3.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 1, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
SupraRZ

Wasn't she the girl from the last movie?

Nah, I think he means elena (the cop that worked with the rock)
Real name is Elsa Pataky.

Your thinking of Gisele (Gal Gadot).
She looked amazing as always &)&)&)&)
May 1, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
Its_SONIC

This is true. However, that time when that chick was walking in slo-mo didn't really do anything for me, she's sexy, just didn't have much to look at back there. Mmmm Jordana Brewster <3.

LMAO yea her body was WACK! 100% razz
best movie out of the series !!
May 1, 2011 @ 12:15 PM
flipppppin

if you thought any of the fast and the furious movies were good watch fast five. dope movie.
May 1, 2011 @ 01:27 PM
cfis300

Best movie out of the series!!
May 1, 2011 @ 03:47 PM
brannen

Good shit
May 1, 2011 @ 03:49 PM
tree fiddy

the rock was hilarious in this shit, his lines were so stupid
May 1, 2011 @ 04:16 PM
Youngfresh6def

Post a place for me to watch online
May 1, 2011 @ 04:54 PM
Legionnaire

This movie was seriously awesome, it delivered sooo hard, fuck the hate! I will be 80 watching Fast and the Furious 57! >sad

The black Skyline in the beginning had me drooling

GIVE ME THE FUCKING VEGGIES!
May 1, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
Youngfresh6def

not my favorite one, but it wasnt bad
May 1, 2011 @ 08:48 PM
mixtape_03

The Rock is yoked as fuck in this movie. Fucking fighting scenes with Vin Disel is bad ass. I dont know how this film will not make you want to: 1. drive faster 2. hit the gym.

+1

i just saw this ( great fucking movie ) i suggest you to go see this...on the way home my dad was hitting 105 down Goldenwest to the SpaceJam sound track....apperently he thought he was he was a character in the movie....

LOL'd
May 1, 2011 @ 08:53 PM
9inchesofsole

Can't wait for the sixth one, their in Berlin and wonders how Letty survives.
May 1, 2011 @ 08:57 PM
Juki

yea man his first 5 lines were ridiculous. He had too many one liners. He's good in the move though. By the way Jordana Brewster don't have much body either, Rocks female cop parter thoughcool

Doubleclutchhoops.com

May 1, 2011 @ 09:35 PM
ichigo81

when he shot old boy at the end with out looking at him, was fucking priceless

Please login first to reply.