Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 5, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
DaPark

How much different is the book from the TV series? Thinking of getting into the books

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

July 5, 2012 @ 06:13 PM
jacobsever

How much different is the book from the TV series? Thinking of getting into the books

I can't speak firsthand, as I haven't read the books yet; but my friend has read & watched, and says they are very similar. The show just leaves out a LOT of backstories/side stories/information that couldn't fit.

July 5, 2012 @ 08:55 PM
jhov85

season 3 (book 3) is going to be CRAZY!!!! so many people who never read the books are going to be yelling WTF

Kobe Easter (9.5) & Foamposite White Out (10 &10.5) brand new/DS 4sale. http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/198467

July 5, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
Boness

Shits it's been a proven fact that Jamie is unfuckwitable when it comes to that sword

Jamie the king slayer nigga

My du, u biased cus he self proclaims he can handle every knight but Baristan Selmy is prolly the best knight, the old man that was fired cus he let Robert baratheon die by the boar attack, Loras Tyrell, Brienne & Jon Snow >>>> King slayer. I am yet to see what's gonna happen to Baristan, Joffrey dispense was like a betrayal to him, I hope he joins the north coolcool

3rd season is going to be crazy, people say the 3rd book is the best and they are splitting in two seasons, wanna rly see what's up at Dorne, the place that was never conqueredcoolcool
July 5, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
WavyShogun

Shits it's been a proven fact that Jamie is unfuckwitable when it comes to that sword

My du, u biased cus he self proclaims he can handle every knight but Baristan Selmy is prolly the best knight, the old man that was fired cus he let Robert baratheon die by the boar attack, Loras Tyrell, Brienne & Jon Snow >>>> King slayer. I am yet to see what's gonna happen to Baristan, Joffrey dispense was like a betrayal to him, I hope he joins the north coolcool

3rd season is going to be crazy, people say the 3rd book is the best and they are splitting in two seasons, wanna rly see what's up at Dorne, the place that was never conqueredcoolcool

Now your underestimating Jamie....fighting in his own words is the only thing he's good at. I think he would fuck up Selmy and Loras. Brienne and Jon idk how they would do against him. Brienne is just big as fuck, he might be too fast for her. Give Jon a lil more battle experience and he could be a match for Jamie. He killed Ned's bodyguard on some g-shit with the knife to the face lol
July 6, 2012 @ 07:29 AM
indecisive

My brother has read all the books up to this point in time and seen all the episodes and absolutely recommends that you read the books if you like the show.
July 6, 2012 @ 03:39 PM
Boness

Now your underestimating Jamie....fighting in his own words is the only thing he's good at. I think he would fuck up Selmy and Loras. Brienne and Jon idk how they would do against him. Brienne is just big as fuck, he might be too fast for her. Give Jon a lil more battle experience and he could be a match for Jamie. He killed Ned's bodyguard on some g-shit with the knife to the face lol

I know several people that read the books, they didn't spoil shit but @ the scene where every guard near Jofrrey points their sword to Baristan Selmy neck he says 'If I draw my sword I would kill all of you' and there was like 20 guards standing there and my homies said he would fucking smash everybody.

And when Jaime talks to his cousin before he kills him he says that Baristan is one of the finest knights using 'He was a painter who only used red' to describe him. Dude is bad as fuck but we haven't seen literally nothing from him.
July 6, 2012 @ 04:47 PM
Jay_Bird

Yeah I remember when he said he would kill all those guards when he was forced to retired

But Jamie would fuck up Loras and brienne easily and Jon snow, Jon snow just picked up a sword when he got with the night watch

The only person that would give him a run for his money is selmy

Who you guys think would have won between the hound and bron , that would have been a good fight
July 6, 2012 @ 05:01 PM
Boness

^^Bron would win cus he's faster and then if he pulls some flaming object hound would shit his pants standing defenseless.

Anyways I guess it's too soon to dictate who's best swordsman, there are loads of great knights that need to be introcuded, and the princes of Dorne are some badass rulers coolcool

But Assassins from Braavos >>>> any knight in existence, Jaqen h'gar is just some serious snake compared to all of em, he can kill everybody he wants.

And do you guys remember when Robert wanted to hire an assassin from braavos to kill daenerys? Hiring an assassin costs the same amount of gold of three armies, that's why nobody can mess with em
July 6, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
Jay_Bird

Bron is crafty too and a dirty fighter so I think he would take the hound too

Yeah those assassins are cold as fuck,they can change their appearance too
July 10, 2012 @ 09:13 PM
WavyShogun

if i've only watched the first two season of this series and decided i wanted to read the books, would i be missing a lot of information by skipping the first two books to go straight to the third one?

I'm currently on the second book....I would say read the 1st two. You notice some things different but it jus dives deeper into the characters way better then the show.
July 11, 2012 @ 07:23 PM
Jay_Bird

if i've only watched the first two season of this series and decided i wanted to read the books, would i be missing a lot of information by skipping the first two books to go straight to the third one?

I'm currently on the second book....I would say read the 1st two. You notice some things different but it jus dives deeper into the characters way better then the show.

alright cool, i ordered the 4-book set from barnes n noble for like $20.

Man I'm goin to hit that site up that's a good deal
July 11, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
jhov85

I can't wait until friday! I got my Comic con tix and I'm going to the Game of thrones panel with the cast!!

Kobe Easter (9.5) & Foamposite White Out (10 &10.5) brand new/DS 4sale. http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/198467

July 11, 2012 @ 09:42 PM
jhov85

I bought the first 4 books in a box set from amazon brand new for $17 shipped. Might want to check out amazon. Also, if your a student you get a free amazon prime membership for 6 months.

July 12, 2012 @ 11:14 PM
jacobsever

Got that too, had a BN giftcard for $25. Free books!

July 14, 2012 @ 06:05 AM
KingPin

just finished watching the first 2 seasons. cant wait for the 3rd.
July 14, 2012 @ 06:51 AM
olegdl

hey guys, https://twitter.com/IMDbArno/status/223911332536254464

it's a long wait but i'm sure it'll def be worth it!

http://eightmethods.tumblr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/olegdeleon http://www.purveyr.net

July 14, 2012 @ 12:16 PM
Boness

hey guys, https://twitter.com/IMDbArno/status/223911332536254464

it's a long wait but i'm sure it'll def be worth it!

At least it starts 2 weeks before than usual
July 15, 2012 @ 03:16 PM
Crows

After the 2nd season I flew through all of the books, A Storm of Swords is easily the best cool

But Assassins from Braavos >>>> any knight in existence, Jaqen h'gar is just some serious snake compared to all of em, he can kill everybody he wants.

No he can't, he is bad ass though cool
July 30, 2012 @ 09:53 PM
WavyShogun

I hope George Martin dont die before he finishes the series........
July 31, 2012 @ 02:17 PM
harlyz1

Well i was a little slow getting on the whole Game of Thrones wagon, but fuck man. Kinda pissed i watched the 2 seasons so quick. Think ima have to invest in the books. But seriously i can only see it getting even fucking better.
August 5, 2012 @ 02:54 PM
Sam

I hope George Martin dont die before he finishes the series........

For the show he's stated that he gave key points to the producers if he were to die.. but for the books, I takes like a minimum of atleast 5/yrs? He's in his early 60s I believe.. I think he'll finish it on time.

I wish that there were more episodes in the seasons.. but I'm guessing production value and cost will not mash. I haven't read any of the books but just from reading the plot outlines, they're leaving out a lot of stuff..

Seems like the show is on a faster pace, I wonder what would happen if the show caught up to the book before it ends? If they make each of the next upcoming seasons one half of a book, it would make sense.. given that 10 episodes per year.. equaling out to around 6yrs..

some pics of the new season for House Tully, pretty cool..
August 5, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
Jay_Bird

its no way its going to be more episodes in the season, all that cgi alone had to hit them a few million

not to mention sets and props
August 6, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i don't think they can really afford to do more than 7 or 8 seasons. sopranos was hbo's most successful show ever and it had 7 seasons (if you count the second half of season 6 as another season).

this show is too expensive and has too few viewers. they make enough overseas/on home video for it to work, but really they're gonna have to abridge shit. i think for the upcoming books having so many concurrent storylines it'd make more sense to have episodes that focus entirely on one area/group of characters to speed it up. inching along every episode with 11 different plots isn't gonna be enough.

and look at what it did for an episode like blackwater, in terms of the quality of that episode.
August 6, 2012 @ 07:35 AM
stillwild

the show recorded record viewers with the first episode.
HBO has racks, fuck what you heard.

www.stillwild.co / online store that celebrates nature!

August 6, 2012 @ 07:36 AM
stillwild

season 3 (book 3) is going to be CRAZY!!!! so many people who never read the books are going to be yelling WTF

your boy hahaha.

i almost shat myself when Ned died in the first season.

August 6, 2012 @ 07:52 AM
SEToverSet

for the book readers, did you guys still enjoy the series while knowing what was gonna happen? i read books 1 & 2 after i watched the show, and i'm halfway through storm of swords. idk if i wanna spoil the story for myself.
August 6, 2012 @ 08:07 AM
ReZ

AHHAAHAHAH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/iwan-rheon-game-of-thrones_n_1711215.html
August 6, 2012 @ 08:42 AM
jacobsever

Just finished both seasons for a second time, and I have a question.

In the second to last episode of the season two, Stannis invaded King's Landing and Tywin came and defeated him, it showed Stannis captured by two guards and being hauled away screaming...

Then in the next episode, it showed Stannis back at his home with Melisandre. If he was being dragged away by two Lannister men, why would they let him go? How did he get back to his home? Lannisters haven't seemed to show any mercy in the past. And this man just invaded their city with the intention of overthrowing them and taking the Throne. How did he get away?

August 6, 2012 @ 08:49 AM
stillwild

No, no.
I think it was his own men dragging him away, because being Stannis, he simply couldnt just give up, despite the obviously bad odds.

Please login first to reply.