Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 19, 2010 @ 09:25 PM
goldANDsacks

Darren Aronofsky is directing Wolverine 2. In Japan. It's Happening.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=34377

this makes up for Robocop fizzling out.
October 19, 2010 @ 10:47 PM
ReZ

I hope they use Millar's Enemy of the State story arc. Fuckin amazing
October 28, 2010 @ 11:44 AM
9inchesofsole

yes!!!!
October 28, 2010 @ 03:56 PM

Inactive

This could be great or a complete shitstorm cluster fuck like the first one.
October 28, 2010 @ 04:13 PM
jaded

The first one sucked so much dick I wouldn't even want to make a sequel to it. If he's really going to make a Wolverine movie, he should start fresh and do his own like Chris Nolan did with the Batman franchise.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

October 28, 2010 @ 06:38 PM
Jay_Bird

yall nigs stupid

that movie was dope,yall only saying it sucked because the movie leaked a year before it came out
October 28, 2010 @ 08:06 PM
STI Guy

^nah you just have bad taste. wolverine is my favorite x-men and i thought it would be hard to make a crappy movie with him in it. well they succeeded.
October 28, 2010 @ 09:03 PM
9inchesofsole

^
im with you man, i grew up reading his comics. hollywood just totally fucked up his origin story.
October 28, 2010 @ 11:46 PM
kpwaffles

cant wait cant wait
they were filming the first one at my school
got to see gambit
October 29, 2010 @ 02:05 PM
ReZ

plot info...anyone who reads the comics...Daken?? smile

BleedingCool recently reported on a few leaked plot details in Wolverine 2. If you read all the info, then you pretty much know the whole plot, if you know at least a bit about Wolverine.

"Zen: A Japanese man “who arranges for Logan’s release” from a Canadian prison and “offers to answer questions about his origin if he’ll accompany him to Tokyo”.

Shingen: Shingen’s father was the master of The Hand, an order of ninja. Instead of allowing his son to take leadership of the order, Shingen’s father killed himself and left the Hand without a master. This pretty much defines Shingen now. That’s how it works in these kinds of stories.

Kenuichio: Shingen’s illegitimate son, but not recognised as an heir. An expert Samurai, he will adopt his “Silver Samurai” guise in the movie and attack Logan “several times”.

Mariko: Shingen’s daughter, and Logan’s chief love interest.

Yukio: Logan’s bodyguard and lust interest.

Frank Sinatra: “Japan’s answer to Frank Sinatra. A Yakuza higher-up who provides Logan with information”."

Wolverine: Origins ends with Logan shot in the head with an adamantium bullet, causing him severe memory loss. Add all these plot points together and you pretty much have the whole story. What do you guys think? Will this be a good flick? Who should play these characters?
October 29, 2010 @ 03:09 PM
EMBASSY3T3RNAL

They should've let Arnovsky do the first one like Hugh Jackman wanted, but better l8 than never i guess... should be good though as long as they bear hug the source material 2nd time round
October 29, 2010 @ 03:18 PM

Inactive

yall nigs stupid

that movie was dope,yall only saying it sucked because the movie leaked a year before it came out

LOL you serious? You have horrible taste. The action was mediocre at best, the acting was sub par, and the story was horrible. Dope movie.
October 30, 2010 @ 04:37 AM
jaded

yall nigs stupid

i hope you're joking.

that movie was a piece of shit, the acting was horrible, the special effects blew, and the story was retarded. they even managed to ruin a cool character like gambit.

if i was making another wolverine movie, i'd start fresh with a new actor and everything, like chris nolan did with batman, or what they did with the hulk (using ed norton).

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 1, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
goldANDsacks

i hope you're joking.

that movie was a piece of shit, the acting was horrible, the special effects blew, and the story was retarded. they even managed to ruin a cool character like gambit.

if i was making another wolverine movie, i'd start fresh with a new actor and everything, like chris nolan did with batman, or what they did with the hulk (using ed norton).

thats essentially what they're doing with the new director and new feel for the series. there's no need to replace hugh jackman though. he wasn't the problem in the last one (as he's successfully played wolverine in the much better x-men movies (maybe not so much X3)).

i read that hugh jackman is actually the one who brought on darren aronofsky (they worked together on The Fountain).

i can't wait to see what aronofsky's new vision is. though this is technically a sequel, in my mind its pretty much a reboot. i've liked everything aronofsky's done so far. this movie has some Dark Knight potential.
November 1, 2010 @ 03:10 PM
JStorm803

More slashing less lovey-dovey crap.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 1, 2010 @ 11:23 PM
young idiot

never really liked wolverine in solo storylines. what's it gonna be about, some domestic shit that anyone could go through? he can survive anything. they shouldn't have made him so prominent in x-men. 6 x-men films with actual group focus would've been better than what is currently happening. and it's not even like they can show him cutting anything unless it doesn't bleed, so it's pretty much samurai jack without jack.
November 2, 2010 @ 04:59 AM
incrediblehunk

After X-men i expect like this movie. and Its really according to our expectations.
November 2, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
sjem

What is it with the army of non english speakers attacking the Movies/TV section confused
November 2, 2010 @ 11:50 PM
goldANDsacks

never really liked wolverine in solo storylines. what's it gonna be about, some domestic shit that anyone could go through? he can survive anything. they shouldn't have made him so prominent in x-men. 6 x-men films with actual group focus would've been better than what is currently happening. and it's not even like they can show him cutting anything unless it doesn't bleed, so it's pretty much samurai jack without jack.

wolverine at this point is just this confused soldier who has no idea who he is/what he's done. this is the movie where he redefines himself and his identity into a bourne identity.

plus its wolverine vs ninjas. can't be that bad. i have faith in aronofsky. even if its domestic wolverine. if he can make a movie about a washed up semi-pro wrestler or a ballerina seem interesting, imagine what he can do with mutants.
February 1, 2011 @ 03:09 PM
goldANDsacks

Hugh Jackman talking about bulking up for Wolverine 2.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=35793

"Darren said with the last one,
February 1, 2011 @ 03:29 PM
10PIECE

Wolverine needs to be a Rated R movie.

http://cargocollective.com/BrancheC http://www.behance.net/BrancheC

February 1, 2011 @ 04:23 PM
goldANDsacks

Wolverine needs to be a Rated R movie.

rated R would be nice, but i'm fine with PG-13. The Dark Knight was PG-13 and it was as dark and gritty as it needed to be. i'm sure they're smart enough to make it work.

Then again, with this wolverine, we need some massive bloodshed.
February 3, 2011 @ 12:53 AM
primo

this isn't the same guy responsible for xmen 3 and new x-men coming out is it? if so, he needs to be stopped
February 3, 2011 @ 03:13 PM
goldANDsacks

this isn't the same guy responsible for xmen 3 and new x-men coming out is it? if so, he needs to be stopped

hell no.

X-Men 3 was directed by Brett Ratner (Rush Hour 1 - 3)

X-Men First Class is directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass)

The Wolverine will be directed by Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan, Requiem for a Dream)

Aronofsky is probably the most legit/respected director to do a superhero movie (other than Chris Nolan/Batman)
February 3, 2011 @ 07:33 PM
ThatPanic

I wanna see Aronofsky do a Robocop reboot after this.
February 4, 2011 @ 10:10 AM
goldANDsacks

I wanna see Aronofsky do a Robocop reboot after this.

that's not happening anymore the project fizzled out on the Robocop/studio end, and he picked up Wolverine 2 instead.
February 4, 2011 @ 11:03 AM
w)entandrew

lol the last movie was pretty shitty though. that gambit fight scene was retarded. gambit in general was stupid as fuck. movie should have been less corny more gritty.

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

February 4, 2011 @ 01:05 PM
pomp3o

Pretty sure this movie isn't actually titled Wolverine 2...going with "The Wolverine"
February 16, 2011 @ 07:43 PM
9inchesofsole

More Details Emerge on The Wolverine
With his latest, Black Swan, poised to claim as many as five Academy Awards (including Best Picture and Best Director), Darren Aronofsky is gearing up to enter the world of Marvel Comics with The Wolverine. While the film is set to star Hugh Jackman, reprising his role as the adamantium-laced mutant, Aronofsky reiterates to PopcornBiz that the film isn't planned as a follow-up to previous entries in the X-franchise.

"It's not a sequel," Aronofsky said, "...I just love working with Hugh Jackman and I think there's something to be done in that world that hasn't been done yet. I'm also excited to do something that everyone wants to make, as opposed to being the only person that wants to make the film at the beginning.
February 17, 2011 @ 04:07 AM
CGC U.K

I thought wolverine origns was about a 7/10 so there is definately room for improvement. I agree take him to a darker place this movie

Please login first to reply.