May 7, 2013 @ 02:06 AM
reversal

I'm easily pleased when it comes to movies. This movie managed to make me disappointed. Like others have said the movie was like Tony Stark 3, I can't remember a fight scene in any part of the movie that made me think "yo, that was cool." Shit was like a christmas comedy. 
May 7, 2013 @ 02:59 AM
JStorm803

I'm a comic fan..and to be honest I really wouldn't have minded if Ben Kingsley was the Mandarin the entire time, it's just..the twist that I hated, as funny as it was.

The mk42 is an ugly armor, and War Machine's colors should have stayed grey/silver.

And WTF was up with the armors breaking apart so easily.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 7, 2013 @ 03:42 AM
yippeekifyayMF

Anyone else thought the part where he saved the people falling in the sky cool? I thought it was!
May 7, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
rocketjuice

Movie was okay... To me I liked the other two better. Pretty much what Reversal said I don't remember any badass fight scenes at all, nothing too memorable.
May 7, 2013 @ 05:20 AM
Spankbank

I'm a comic fan..and to be honest I really wouldn't have minded if Ben Kingsley was the Mandarin the entire time, it's just..the twist that I hated, as funny as it was.

The mk42 is an ugly armor, and War Machine's colors should have stayed grey/silver.

And WTF was up with the armors breaking apart so easily.
Stupid how iron patriot was war machine and not iron man...fuck that stupid twist. Leave it to hollywood to fuck it all up. I was expecting so much from this movie since it was Mandarin as the villain.

The mark42 broke apart easily because it was a prototype, as for the other armors it's because those dudes had super human strength. 
May 7, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
Pantic

It was an avengers setup, the ending confirmed he will wear the bleeding edge armor in avengers 2, which is the most awesome thing ever gonna happen 
May 7, 2013 @ 06:51 AM
tmwtg

^ That's the armor he has inside his body, right?

Wonder how they're going to show that on-screen; could be dope.
May 7, 2013 @ 06:59 AM
Blarg

Overall I think it was a pretty good film, lots of comic relief.  Didn't like how it strayed really far from the comics with the mandarin twist and iron patriot though.
May 7, 2013 @ 02:10 PM
Jay_Bird

To be honest the movie sucked, and was way to long and boring, I was highly disappointed.

Even the ending after the credits was wack.

edit

the only thing I liked about this film, was that he was going through the whole movie in the shitty prototype suit, but besides that, this movie has nothing on part 1, maybe a tie with part 2
May 8, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
YoungRizal

Any of you guys know where I can read marvel comics online?

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

May 8, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
SoleFresh87

Ummmm..Ok , WTF  with Madarin tho ? 

My theory would be that the writers couldnt tie in the real version of him so they made this comical verison? 

Shit still woulda dope if Madarin had all the powers and all , but whatever...

Instagram @g87vrse *ArtMusicFlimLife*

May 8, 2013 @ 08:43 AM
blaagh

Anyone else thought the part where he saved the people falling in the sky cool? I thought it was!
I thought it was corny as fuck when they were cheering and shit after he dropped them in the water.

est. mcmxcii

May 8, 2013 @ 04:40 PM
Pantic

I thought it was corny as fuck when they were cheering and shit after he dropped them in the water.
Nah it was cool as fuck, really embodied what superheroes are about for once, instead of pure fighting scenes with tons of effects. 
May 8, 2013 @ 05:24 PM
yippeekifyayMF

Nah it was cool as fuck, really embodied what superheroes are about for once, instead of pure fighting scenes with tons of effects. 
Yeah true. I thought they captured the emotions of the people he saved well. That's what they are there for anyway, to save lives.
May 8, 2013 @ 07:23 PM
goldANDsacks

everyone got that this movie was an allegory for current affairs in America, right?

**SPOLERS**

Tony Stark represents USA. it starts with him on top of the world (to the general public's eye - Americans) but really he is going through internal turmoil and strife. he's doubting himself and hiding behind weapons and power to overcompensate. Then he's challenged by the Mandarin (China, no. the scary thing about the Mandarin is that he and the extremis solders have a new technology that can out-tony-stark tony stark. then it's revealed that the Mandarin is actually a facade and it's really a secret corporation running the show.  This comes in the wake of the greatest "Price Fixing Scandal Ever" (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425) yet, the "news" only cares about how China is hacking our computers and other types of fear mongering. too bad in real life, "tony stark" and "aldrich killian" are actually working together. we're all doomed.  
May 8, 2013 @ 08:01 PM
yippeekifyayMF

everyone got that this movie was an allegory for current affairs in America, right?

**SPOLERS**

Tony Stark represents USA. it starts with him on top of the world (to the general public's eye - Americans) but really he is going through internal turmoil and strife. he's doubting himself and hiding behind weapons and power to overcompensate. Then he's challenged by the Mandarin (China, no. the scary thing about the Mandarin is that he and the extremis solders have a new technology that can out-tony-stark tony stark. then it's revealed that the Mandarin is actually a facade and it's really a secret corporation running the show.  This comes in the wake of the greatest "Price Fixing Scandal Ever" (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/everything-is-rigged-the-biggest-financial-scandal-yet-20130425) yet, the "news" only cares about how China is hacking our computers and other types of fear mongering. too bad in real life, "tony stark" and "aldrich killian" are actually working together. we're all doomed.  
Cool.
May 9, 2013 @ 01:56 AM
reversal

**SPOLERS**

Try again.
May 9, 2013 @ 01:06 PM
tmwtg

Ummmm..Ok , WTF  with Madarin tho ? 

My theory would be that the writers couldnt tie in the real version of him so they made this comical verison? 

Shit still woulda dope if Madarin had all the powers and all , but whatever...
I think they tried to take it the "realism" route here; that is, no overblown, exaggerated villain. It "made sense" that Killian was the Mandarin, since he was the one with the resources.

I honestly don't think it was a smart move. Marvel can get away with the more fantasy/comical stuff; don't know why they didn't do it this time around.
May 10, 2013 @ 12:18 AM
Jay_Bird

when they did that to the mandarin, honestly I said this whole entire movie is bull$hit. I thought dude was going to be like bin laden times 10, and they did that to the character

this movie was bad, it had a chance if he would have stayed the same way through the whole movie, I mean I understand Iron man is suppose to be half comedy, but damn they fucked up
May 12, 2013 @ 12:16 AM
trolos714

I'm easily pleased when it comes to movies. This movie managed to make me disappointed. Like others have said the movie was like Tony Stark 3, I can't remember a fight scene in any part of the movie that made me think "yo, that was cool." Shit was like a christmas comedy. 
This. But what really made me mad was that they barely made any variability with the different armors. 

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

May 13, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
mcnugget

cool stuff

and its gone

May 14, 2013 @ 06:12 AM
chief

just got back from seeing this. REALLY disappointed with the mandarin turning out the way it did. they made him look/sound so fucking boss in the trailers

•••

May 22, 2013 @ 07:11 PM
jmac100394

I thought they did the extremis storyline well, but I kind of wish that since they were gonna make it about extremis anyway, that they could have just left out the mandarin completely.  
May 23, 2013 @ 12:00 PM
nataslives

monotonous piece of shit.
June 6, 2013 @ 02:14 PM
andrews

If it wasn't for RDJ, this movie would have fallen flat on its face. Unimaginative and lacking, what's the point of IM3.. Just teach Pepper or Rhody to control the robots and you're all set Tony Stark..

If they do decide to make another one after this, I hope Jon Favreau returns to the director's chair..
June 21, 2013 @ 01:36 PM
Rudemiester

Movie was corny.. Thumbs down.
June 24, 2013 @ 06:08 AM
sanil.tamng

Iron Man 3 was very good movie though  at the end Tony Stark destroys all of his suit was a very bad idea i wonder what happens if iron man 4 comes 
June 25, 2013 @ 04:15 PM
goldANDsacks

Iron Man 3 was very good movie though  at the end Tony Stark destroys all of his suit was a very bad idea i wonder what happens if iron man 4 comes 
he builds a new suit. 
June 27, 2013 @ 01:04 AM
Jay_Bird

Iron man 3 is better then 2, but 1 is better then 3 hands down.
June 27, 2013 @ 06:50 AM
danai

iron man 3 wasn't that good....1 and 2 were more exciting. 1 was probably the best.

Please login first to reply.