Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
June 14, 2013 @ 08:12 AM
rocketjuice

Fight scenes were amazing!
June 14, 2013 @ 09:26 PM
Black Manta

Just got back from seeing it. Don't listen to these BS reviews saying it was serious or had too much action. They're basically complaining because it's not the Superman they know from the 80's. In reality it's much better.

The final battle was epic. Easy 9/10 in my book. Definitely see it in IMAX.

LTE bands will make her dance.

June 15, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
ReZ

Yawn, go read All-Star Superman instead. Zack Snider with the Terrance Malick swagger jack.
June 15, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
playboyxxx

corny but effects were cool i guess. overall dont waste your money

pink like hamilton

June 15, 2013 @ 06:25 PM
Pantic

Pretty dope movie, Zod was the best villain out of all these superhero movies no doubt. Wish he kicked some more asses tho
June 15, 2013 @ 09:40 PM
beathead

Got back from watching it in IMAX. Dope movie.. It has that Dark vibe/style we get from The Dark Knight franchise/Synder films. Fight scenes and CGI were incredible. It had a lot of emphasis on destruction and speed. There were certain scenes where i thought that transaction could've been better (especially the first appearance of General Zod to Earth); however, you can't be perfect in everything.  Also, like the Dark Knight franchise.. the movie had the serious note to it.  Overall, solid/good movie. If a sequel comes out.. which will probably happen.. expect the franchise to get better.
June 16, 2013 @ 06:14 AM
YoungRizal

Got back from watching it in IMAX. Dope movie.. It has that Dark vibe/style we get from The Dark Knight franchise/Synder films. Fight scenes and CGI were incredible. It had a lot of emphasis on destruction and speed. There were certain scenes where i thought that transaction could've been better (especially the first appearance of General Zod to Earth); however, you can't be perfect in everything.  Also, like the Dark Knight franchise.. the movie had the serious note to it.  Overall, solid/good movie. If a sequel comes out.. which will probably happen.. expect the franchise to get better.
Co signing this. They did Superman a justice

FS - Supreme Nupste, WTAPS Parasmock ETC

June 16, 2013 @ 08:41 PM
fugguts

anybody caught LexCorp and wayne enterprices in space?? cool
June 16, 2013 @ 11:53 PM
tmwtg

^ Audience clapped when they showed the LexCorp trucks.

I didn't see the Wayne Enterprises. Which scene was that?
June 19, 2013 @ 02:21 AM
shakintheD

good movie, i like how serious it was. the camera style reminded me of chronicle. some of the transitions were too abrupt and the flashbacks could've been placed much better but overall it was a solid movie. the action scenes were DOPE, lol @ whoever thinks there was "too much action" in a SUPERHERO movie

i do understand why many people didn't like it though, they probably expected some grandiose, over the top movie like the avengers (any superhero movie for that matter). some scenes were kinda dry especially the beginning and the scenes jumped all over the place. it felt like an indie film

not something i would put in my favorites, but i will probably watch it again

i would simp so hard for amy adams tho cool
June 19, 2013 @ 11:03 PM
R.

Definitely watch this in IMAX. cool cool cool
June 20, 2013 @ 09:48 PM
zilla

i think the first hour or so is incredible. i loved the opening scenes on krypton, coulda lasted longer, and i liked that the story kept moving while showing us parts of his childhood. it made me want all-star superman even more (they should def do that for a third film).

when zod and his goons start fucking up earth, the momentum of the film kinda fell flat for me. it looked very cool (the whole film, in fact, had a look that matched nolan's batman in how distinctive they were; something the marvel films lack). but it was like 45 minutes of fighting and until the last part with zod, it had no emotion.

when spider-man is fighting the green goblin, you feel it. same with bruce trying to save gotham. superman wasn't trying to save metropolis, or he would've led the fight elsewhere. he was more concerned with punching shit, which is weird cos superman is usually non-violent.

and then w him killing zod, i thought they coulda done more with that. zod in this film is a tragic character bound by his genetics and almost mentally ill. so superman having to put him down coulda been soooo good to set up his no killing rule for the next couple films (it even coulda mitigated the destruction here, since the film seemed to be going for an inexperienced superman who had never even flown or joined the daily planet til he was 33).

but then he just kinda gets over having killed the last known of his people and is all smiley and shit at the daily planet?

i think if they go for lex as a villain for the next one (like making joker the villain for tdk) it'll be interesting to see him deal with an intellectual threat. overall i liked it but it didn't quite do what it could have. it tried, though.

oh, and not really any quotables like nolan's batman. wamp. i hope snyder comes back.
June 20, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
ThaGoldenBoy

i think the first hour or so is incredible. i loved the opening scenes on krypton, coulda lasted longer, and i liked that the story kept moving while showing us parts of his childhood. it made me want all-star superman even more (they should def do that for a third film).

when zod and his goons start fucking up earth, the momentum of the film kinda fell flat for me. it looked very cool (the whole film, in fact, had a look that matched nolan's batman in how distinctive they were; something the marvel films lack). but it was like 45 minutes of fighting and until the last part with zod, it had no emotion.

when spider-man is fighting the green goblin, you feel it. same with bruce trying to save gotham. superman wasn't trying to save metropolis, or he would've led the fight elsewhere. he was more concerned with punching shit, which is weird cos superman is usually non-violent.

and then w him killing zod, i thought they coulda done more with that. zod in this film is a tragic character bound by his genetics and almost mentally ill. so superman having to put him down coulda been soooo good to set up his no killing rule for the next couple films (it even coulda mitigated the destruction here, since the film seemed to be going for an inexperienced superman who had never even flown or joined the daily planet til he was 33).

but then he just kinda gets over having killed the last known of his people and is all smiley and shit at the daily planet?

i think if they go for lex as a villain for the next one (like making joker the villain for tdk) it'll be interesting to see him deal with an intellectual threat. overall i liked it but it didn't quite do what it could have. it tried, though.

oh, and not really any quotables like nolan's batman. wamp. i hope snyder comes back.
The pacing was abit dodgy I felt. But I think that's one of the problems with trying to cram an origins story into a typical film length. At the end of the day you can't make the film like 5 hours lol.

Whilst it was entertaining, I remain abit unconvinced with Superhero films. I can't compare them to the ATG films, I always have to compare them to other Superhero films, which for me says alot about their overall quality. They still seem like mindless fun, that includes the deceptively 'deep' Nolan Batman films.
June 21, 2013 @ 01:39 PM
Rudemiester

It was better than all previous incarnations but it's still a superhero called Superman... He'll never lose or even die. That takes away from it all.
June 21, 2013 @ 05:01 PM
goldANDsacks

It was better than all previous incarnations but it's still a superhero called Superman... He'll never lose or even die. That takes away from it all.
that's what makes superman so interesting. he's a god. if he can't die or can't get tired, then he has no excuse not to save everyone from every problem in the world. but he has his own life too. how does he juggle his responsibilities with his personal desires/plans? how much faith should he leave in the hands of humanity to solve their own problems? how does he decide when to intervene and when not to intervene? if he can do anything he wants, how does he decide what is morally right? for example, let's say superman hears two planes going down in opposite directions. one is a small plane with one passenger who is a normal everyday person. the other is a jumbo plane full of criminals. which one does he go for? these are the types of high concept scenarios that superman faces. much more intriguing when the struggle isn't "can i save them?" but rather "should i save them?"
June 21, 2013 @ 05:12 PM
goldANDsacks

The pacing was abit dodgy I felt. But I think that's one of the problems with trying to cram an origins story into a typical film length. At the end of the day you can't make the film like 5 hours lol.

Whilst it was entertaining, I remain abit unconvinced with Superhero films. I can't compare them to the ATG films, I always have to compare them to other Superhero films, which for me says alot about their overall quality. They still seem like mindless fun, that includes the deceptively 'deep' Nolan Batman films.
i agree with u guys. i felt like some parts of the story just jumped to conclusions without proper foundation to get there. for example. i felt like the Lois/Clark relationship just kind of formed out of nowhere. they needed a scene where superman is like "this is WHY i can trust you" and lois going "this is WHY i'm now in love with you". same with him putting on the suit. there's no proper progression of clark becoming superman. he just kind of puts on the suit, trains a little in the snow, and now all of a sudden he's superman and knows how to do everything and handle everything. 
June 21, 2013 @ 05:46 PM
generalzodshannon

Pretty dope movie, Zod was the best villain out of all these superhero movies no doubt. Wish he kicked some more asses tho
zod didn't really do shit in man of steel
June 23, 2013 @ 06:45 PM
suparise71

I watched it again in 3d and i was high! i was trippin out the whole time

I personally think the best superhero movies are the batman trilogy
And i think this superman movie is sort of how i felt about batman begins, they both were good films but they wernt amazing 

Then the Dark Knight came along and became one of my favorite film ever Then DK Rises was even more better. With rises it had my emotions pulled so much that i nearly cried at parts 

Anyway i think yall guys need to wait for the sequels cause i think if they are done like how nolan did his batmans then i think they could be as good or if not better than the batman series

- Tracy Jackson 

https://twitter.com/tracyjackson71

June 24, 2013 @ 05:59 AM
sanil.tamng

in my opinion this superman movie i'm waiting so much for it i'm so excited to watch it and the superman costume has been also changed and finally superman has got sense to wear his underware under his custume hahaha if i remember  it was this the name of new superman movie "man of steel"
June 25, 2013 @ 04:18 PM
goldANDsacks

zod didn't really do shit in man of steel
zod was awesome because he was fighting out of a sense of duty, not evil. when he basically said "my sole reason for existence is to make sure kryptonian race lives on, by any means necessary". that was like. damn. i respect that. 

Please login first to reply.