Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
January 31, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
flow

^ inception just got the idea of dreams into dreams, but beside that it was a pure action movie... no deep story where the viewer can feel with the character like in memento, following, prestige, batman. it was just cool to watch... matrix had a similar but the more complex idea, but the viewer had to know the material of computers a bit.

seems to me like with inception he thought "i can play with the twist of dreams too, let's make a movie". of course this sounds a bit harsh, but p.e. in the dark knight he really made me believe how whole gotham city turned into chaos (which no movie did before), that the joker wasn't meant to be the usual criminal. in prestige there is neither good or bad (as i thought first), it's just the life for the perfect magic, it's nature versus science, with tesla it got a possible background of history.
January 31, 2011 @ 03:15 PM
sjem

Inception's about Cobbs character more than the whole dream stuff imo. The whole film is building up to his emotional moment of being able to see his kids again after going through all he has gone through, which is why in the end the whole dream/real life thing doesn't matter to him.

So I can see where you're coming from, Inception appealed to the masses because of it's numerous set pieces and action sequences but I think there was character depth in there aswell.
February 4, 2011 @ 08:32 PM
DStyles

I just finished watching the movie(Super Man Returns 2006) and that shit sucked.

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

February 5, 2011 @ 12:39 AM
tmwtg

You guys know there's no Lois Lane in this new one, right?
February 18, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
xVILLN

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

February 18, 2011 @ 01:11 PM
goldANDsacks

so this IS coming out in 2012. i read that, similar to sony pictures and spider-man, warner brothers was forced into fast tracking this because of some legal thing that would've lost them money.

i wonder why they chose this guy. more i see about this superman curse, more i question why anyone would touch it.

not lose money, lose the property. this is prob the same thing going on with sony and marvel (spider-man, x-men, fantastic four, ghost rider, punisher).

the movie studio bought the rights to the characters from the comic publishers and they have to keep using them or else the rights will expire and go back to Marvel or DC. that's why even though the last ghost rider and fantastic four movies sucked balls, they're still planning to make more. (ghost rider 2 is filming now, fantastic 4 reboot is in pre-production)
February 18, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
goldANDsacks

^ inception just got the idea of dreams into dreams, but beside that it was a pure action movie... no deep story where the viewer can feel with the character like in memento, following, prestige, batman. it was just cool to watch... matrix had a similar but the more complex idea, but the viewer had to know the material of computers a bit.

seems to me like with inception he thought "i can play with the twist of dreams too, let's make a movie". of course this sounds a bit harsh, but p.e. in the dark knight he really made me believe how whole gotham city turned into chaos (which no movie did before), that the joker wasn't meant to be the usual criminal. in prestige there is neither good or bad (as i thought first), it's just the life for the perfect magic, it's nature versus science, with tesla it got a possible background of history.

youre just being a movie snob.

inecption was not "just a pure action movie". it was as deep and thought-out as nolan's other movies, it just had the budget and means to have big set pieces and sequences like a "pure action movie".

if you haven't noticed, each of Nolan's movies have been progressively bigger and bigger. to me, that's a wonderful sign that each movie he does, he's learning some new technique and getting experience with bigger set pieces to bring to his next movie.

but i have not seen a drop in quality.

inception has great character development. i think Cobb was a very well developed character. you really feel bad for him when Mal kills herself and you really want him to reunite with his kids. the best part of that movie is the ending.

is it a dream? is it real?... truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter b/c you get to see Cobb back with his kids (which is all you really want for the guy after everything he goes through). then you realize.... Cobb doesn't care whether its a dream or real either. wait a minute.... in a sense... Cobb is YOU.

O_O

much deeper than "a pure action movie"
February 18, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
tmwtg

He looks the part.

I think Snyder knows what he's doing. Nolan definitely recommended Cavill though.
February 19, 2011 @ 07:22 AM
flow

youre just being a movie snob.

inecption was not "just a pure action movie". it was as deep and thought-out as nolan's other movies, it just had the budget and means to have big set pieces and sequences like a "pure action movie".

if you haven't noticed, each of Nolan's movies have been progressively bigger and bigger. to me, that's a wonderful sign that each movie he does, he's learning some new technique and getting experience with bigger set pieces to bring to his next movie.

but i have not seen a drop in quality.

inception has great character development. i think Cobb was a very well developed character. you really feel bad for him when Mal kills herself and you really want him to reunite with his kids. the best part of that movie is the ending.

is it a dream? is it real?... truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter b/c you get to see Cobb back with his kids (which is all you really want for the guy after everything he goes through). then you realize.... Cobb doesn't care whether its a dream or real either. wait a minute.... in a sense... Cobb is YOU.

O_O

much deeper than "a pure action movie"

lol wtf, how is cobb me???
i couldn't give less a fuck if he finally sees his children... they were in the movie for about 2 minutes, you can barely see their faces and you think that's a great story?
it's the same in prestige: if you think it's about seeing his daughter you're missing the whole point. the child is just a catch in the story for the average viewer, nolan could have replaced it with everything (there's a name for such things, but i forgot).

well i could see a drop (a big one) in the quality of the story. the movie didn't really leave up questions for me, i just didn't care at the end. this shows me there a parts in the story, nolan didn't think far enough. i been amazed in all his earlier works, just not in this one. i think it's cause he was the only writer of inception.

a bigger movie doesn't mean it has more quality in the story...
if you ever dreamed in your life, you would know that the movie really didn't showed the dreams well. dreams are way more complex, blurry and incomplete (i didn't even really get how it worked with the machine in the movie tho). it's so fuckin hard to imitate dreams, and nolan just didn't good.

the best part watching the movie wasn't part of the movie for me. when i watched it in cinema a viewer was sleeping during the whole movie -> that's what genius! kinda interactive movies, playing with audience. that's what really leaved up the questions to me "do i really exist watching this movie? how did i come to the cinema? ...". i would love to see more such movies in cinema.

it's not a bad thing to just entertain the viewer. it's just not my thing... i like to getting crazy after watching a movie.
February 22, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
goldANDsacks

if you ever dreamed in your life, you would know that the movie really didn't showed the dreams well. dreams are way more complex, blurry and incomplete (i didn't even really get how it worked with the machine in the movie tho). it's so fuckin hard to imitate dreams, and nolan just didn't good.

a genius part of the movie is that they didn't have to explain the dream machine or how it works. nolan was able to tell the story in a way where the audience just accepts that such a machine exists without questioning it too much b/c you're too engaged in other parts of the story.

i'm not sure about your dreams, but not all of my dreams are complex (howconfused, blurry, or incomplete. sometimes i have regular ass dreams (like the other night i dreamt that i applied for a new credit card). anyways, while you're dreaming, you never realize that you're in a dream (unless youre lucid) and it feels like real life. only when you wake up do u realize u were dreaming, and sometimes, it can get a little confusing. was this a dream or a memory? in that respect, the movie does an amazing job at this b/c some scenes.... there's still a debate of whether or not it was a "dream" or "real".

if you think that the dream sequences in the movie Inception need to have to kind of distinguishable trait (like blurriness, B&W, etc.) then you definitely missed the point of the movie. the whole concept was to blur the lines b/w reality and dreams.
March 27, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
C_Augustus_O

Amy Adams Portraying 'Lois Lane' In Superman: Man Of Steel!

OMG am so fucking happy, she is fucking perfect

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

March 28, 2011 @ 06:17 AM
doller99

The movie is really awesome..
>sad>sad

March 28, 2011 @ 04:17 PM
mugen_101

agreed ^
March 28, 2011 @ 10:05 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

i wish these non-creator -owned comic book movies could be made enough that they become more like comics, like creative teams changing, and one-offs like all-star superman or old man logan. not everything has to be a trilogy with "origin, aftermath and open ending"
March 29, 2011 @ 12:41 PM
goldANDsacks

i wish these non-creator -owned comic book movies could be made enough that they become more like comics, like creative teams changing, and one-offs like all-star superman or old man logan. not everything has to be a trilogy with "origin, aftermath and open ending"

been saying that. they're jumping pretty quick with the reboot button these days, so i can see that happening in the future where movies are done more like the comic series. once every origin story has been exhausted i guess...
March 29, 2011 @ 12:56 PM
C_Augustus_O

there is no way there can be a live action movie of all star superman, there is just to content to cover even the animated movie didn't do it justice

Old man Logan was brilliant and i don't see that happening either unless they make it rated R

March 29, 2011 @ 01:31 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

only seen all-star superman animated. i think it worked well enough, and it'd gain fans of the comic itself.

cmon tho, you can make anything pg-13. just imply lots of stuff, like violence, and be moderate with language and sex. i read a zack snyder interview talking about getting sucker punch down to a pg-13 and i was astounded to learn that taken got a pg-13. as did limitless and salt. not that it's surprising that the mpaa is biased towards violence, but whatever.
March 29, 2011 @ 08:35 PM
C_Augustus_O

the hulk eating wolverine would get an r rating lol js

March 29, 2011 @ 09:59 PM
lee714

any trailers so far? or if anything pictures?
March 29, 2011 @ 10:10 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

the hulk eating wolverine would get an r rating lol js

fuckin lol'd
March 30, 2011 @ 01:23 AM
C_Augustus_O

any trailers so far? or if anything pictures?

still in the pre production stage, casting not done and shooting starts in the summer

April 10, 2011 @ 05:04 PM
C_Augustus_O

Warner Bros. confirms the casting of Michael Shannon as General Zod in Zack Snyder

April 10, 2011 @ 06:13 PM
tmwtg

I don't think it so much matters who's playing Zod as much as how he's going to be portrayed.

We all know Zod as the one from the OG Superman movie. Let's see how Snyder plays this up.

PS - Michael Shannon is a legit actor.
April 13, 2011 @ 03:39 PM
S.Delivery

Just announced General Zod will be the villain for this.
June 15, 2011 @ 07:20 PM
9inchesofsole

Russell Crowe to Play Jor-El in Man of Steel!

Russell Crowe will play Superman's biological father Jor-El in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, reports Variety.

He will be joining Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon and Antje Traue in the new film, coming to theaters in late 2012.

Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder are producing the anticipated film, which is expected to start shooting next month.
June 16, 2011 @ 01:46 AM
stevedavis

"Russell Crowe to Play Jor-El in Man of Steel"

man of steel?
August 1, 2011 @ 11:05 PM
xVILLN

concept poster,but still cool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

August 1, 2011 @ 11:27 PM
gnar

Zack Snyder for the win.
August 2, 2011 @ 07:09 PM
TheAbstrakt

are they gonna try and blend this with nolan's batman universe like marvels doing with thier movies?
August 3, 2011 @ 09:31 AM
Mr.Mittens

IMO, ALL the superman movies have been ass. I've always felt like he's just too much "hero" for one hero, which is probably why its hard to make a good movie.

Seeing Chris Nolan as the producer and Zak as the director brings hope. As for villians, I would LOVE to see Doomsday.

http://twitter.com/CrazyHates

Please login first to reply.