Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 27, 2011 @ 05:34 PM
hiphopspaz

The Rite: Movie Review
The Rite: Movie Review

It
February 3, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
hiphopspaz

Sanctum: Movie Review
Sanctum: Movie Review

Don
February 4, 2011 @ 12:08 AM
Trollinator

i'll be waiting for your review on Battle:LA

I want to see the world burn

February 10, 2011 @ 11:26 PM
hiphopspaz

Gnomeo & Juliet: Movie Review
Gnomeo & Juliet: Movie Review

In the brief yet funny prologue, we are told that this story has been told many times before but this version is different. That is a statement I can agree with. This new version is aimed squarely at youngsters. Instead of the teenage star crossed lovers Romeo & Juliet we get Garden Gnomes.

Gnomeo (voice of James McAvoy) is the prince of the Blues (Gnomes dressed in blue). Juliet (voice of Emily Blunt) is the princess of the Reds (Gnomes dressed in red). The Blues & Reds live in the backyard gardens of neighboring homes. The two Gnome families are enemies and the only time they have any contact is during a lawnmower race between Gnomeo & the Gnome bully Tybalt (voice by Jason Statham).

One afternoon a mud covered Gnomeo follows a ninja disguised Juliet (not knowing it
February 10, 2011 @ 11:27 PM
hiphopspaz

Just Go with It: Movie Review
Just Go with It: Movie Review

Just Go with It happens to be the funniest Adam Sandler movie in the last 6 years. (Longer, if you were not a fan of 50 First Dates). It feels like Sandler has not made me laugh all that much since the 90
February 17, 2011 @ 02:52 PM
hiphopspaz

I Am Number Four: Movie Review
I Am Number Four: Movie Review

I Am Number Four is the latest teen fantasy novel turned movie. With studios about to put out the final Twilight and Harry Potter films, new franchises are needed to keep the kids coming back. The downside to these franchise starters is that if the first film is not successful, we never get to see how the rest of the story plays out. I Am Number Four was entertaining enough for me to be interested in what will follow in the next installments. That is,if the movie makes enough money for the studio to green light a sequel.

In the beginning of I Am Number Four, two young men hiding out in the jungle are viciously attacked by some sort of animal and a group of non-human beings. Next we cut to the beaches of Florida where another young man (Alex Pettyfer) is hanging out with a group of kids, when suddenly a line of symbols burn into his leg. It turns out that this young man is an alien and whenever someone from his race dies, a new symbol will appear on his body.

The young man who goes by the name John Smith packs up and moves to Ohio with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant). They move from town to town so that the aliens who are hunting them down do not find them. When John enrolls in the local high school he befriends the nerdy Sam (Callan McAuliffe) and the beautiful Sarah (Dianna Agron from TV
February 17, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
hiphopspaz

Unknown: Movie Review
Unknown: Movie Review

Unknown is very original, the story borrows from so many films like Taken, The Fugitive, Double Jeopardy, & countless others. Truth be told, if I disliked a movie just because it wasn
February 24, 2011 @ 03:33 PM
hiphopspaz

Hall Pass: Movie Review
Hall Pass: Movie Review

What the hell happened to the Farrelly Brothers? The guys behind such comedy classics as Kingpin, Dumb & Dumber, There
February 25, 2011 @ 01:00 AM
hiphopspaz

Drive Angry 3D: Movie Review
Drive Angry 3D: Movie Review

Drive Angry 3D is one of those B-Movie throwbacks that was made for people who enjoy films like Grindhouse, Piranha 3D, & Machete. I enjoyed each of those films but not many people went to see them in the theaters. I have a feeling the same will be true for Drive Angry 3D, and that will be a damn shame because this is one insanely fun flick.

Nicolas Cage plays Milton, a man who escaped from hell to not only avenge the murder of his daughter, but to also take back his infant granddaughter from the cult who intends to sacrifice her. With the help of a take-no-sh*t waitress named Piper (Amber Heard), they hit the road after Cult Leader Jonah King (Billy Burke) and his followers.

To make things even tougher, the devil sent his bounty hunter/grim reaper played by that amazingly awesome William Fichtner. He calls himself The Accountant. If I had one major complaint about the film is that I wanted more Fichtner. He plays the character straight but each time he opens his mouth its pure magic. Most of the time when Fichtner shows up in a film (even his brief scene in The Dark Knight) he tends to elevate things and I am hoping one day we will finally see him be a lead in a big Hollywood film. I am glad that he was at least spread throughout the film.

Drive Angry 3D is a hard
March 3, 2011 @ 11:47 PM
hiphopspaz

Movie Reviews
I screened a bunch of movies this past week. Here are all the reviews (Except for PAUL. I can't post that review till the films release)

Beastly: Movie Review

Beastly, the much delayed modern-day take on
March 11, 2011 @ 12:30 PM
hiphopspaz

Mars Needs Moms: Movie Review
Mars Needs Moms: Movie Review

OK, so here is a movie that I did not expect to like at all, even though I am a fan of Disney animated films. The problem was that the trailers did nothing for me. While I would not be quick to call Mars Needs Moms a good film, I will say that it is entertaining and has quite a bit of heart. It
March 11, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
hiphopspaz

Battle: Los Angeles: Movie Review
Battle: Los Angeles: Movie Review

Battle: Los Angeles delivers exactly what the ads for the film promise. We get lots of aliens, lots of soldiers, lots of things blowing up and very little of anything else. This is a major problem for a film that runs just under two hours. To make things even worse, the shaky camera work may endues headaches for some. It sure did for me, and that
March 11, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
Trollinator

been waiting for that spazcool

thanks

I want to see the world burn

March 18, 2011 @ 03:35 AM
hiphopspaz

Paul: Movie Review
Paul: Movie Review

Director Greg Mottola (Superbad, Adventureland) has brought the UK duo of Simon Pegg & Nick Frost to the US for the new sci-fi/comedy PAUL. Not only do we get Pegg & Frost as the leading actors, but we also get a supporting cast that includes Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Blythe Danner, John Carroll Lynch, Sigourney Weaver and Seth Rogen as Paul. With a roster like that and an R-rating, you would expect the film to have more than enough
March 18, 2011 @ 03:37 AM
hiphopspaz

Limitless: Movie Review
Limitless: Movie Review

I had few expectations for the new film Limitless. The premise seemed promising and the fact that Robert De Niro was in it did not help matters. How many good films can you name that De Niro has been in the last decade? It
March 24, 2011 @ 02:10 PM
hiphopspaz

Sucker Punch: Movie Review

Sucker Punch successfully achieved something that no other film has done before. It made me feel like a complete pervert. Seriously! It
March 31, 2011 @ 02:25 PM
hiphopspaz

Insidious: Movie Review
Insidious: Movie Review

Director James Wan (Saw, Dead Silence) has proven he is capable of delivering a solid and original horror film. Even though SAW was his break-out film, the little seen follow up DEAD SILENCE is one of the best horror films of the past decade. Wan
March 31, 2011 @ 02:26 PM
hiphopspaz

Source Code: Movie Review
Source Code: Movie Review

Source Code is Director Duncan Jones more mainstream follow up to his previous film
April 7, 2011 @ 02:36 PM
hiphopspaz

Win Win: Movie Review
Win Win: Movie Review

Writer/Director Tom McCarthy (The Visitor, The Station Agent) brings us the new film Win Win. Paul Giamatti plays Mike Flaherty, a small town attorney that has fallen on hard times financially. In order to support his family, Mike decides to become the legal guardian of his dementia stricken client Leo Poplar (Burt Young) in order to collect a $1,500 per month fee. Even though Leo wants to remain living in his home and the court approves it, Mike checks Leo into a senior home just to avoid the extra work it would take to watch over him.

When Mike stops by Leo
April 7, 2011 @ 02:37 PM
hiphopspaz

Soul Surfer: Movie Review
Soul Surfer: Movie Review

SOUL SURFER is based on the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm in a shark attack and still went on to become a champion surfer despite all odds. The story of Bethany Hamilton is definitely one that should have made a very good movie, the problem is, while watching SOUL SURFER, I kept feeling I was watching a poorly made direct-to-video release, terrible acting included. I decided to do a little digging on the film
April 7, 2011 @ 02:39 PM
hiphopspaz

Hanna: Movie Review
Hanna: Movie Review

In the opening moments of the new film HANNA from Director Joe Wright (Atonement, The Soloist), we see young Hanna (Saoirse Ronan) hunting, killing and cleaning a member of the local wildlife. As she digs through the animal
April 7, 2011 @ 02:40 PM
hiphopspaz

Arthur: Movie Review
Arthur: Movie Review

Within the first 5 minutes of the new movie ARTHUR, it
April 7, 2011 @ 02:42 PM
hiphopspaz

Your Highness: Movie Review
Your Highness: Movie Review

Director David Gordon Green has decided to follow up his 2008 stoner comedy PINEAPPLE EXPRESS with a brand new stoner comedy called YOUR HIGHNESS, both films star the very talented James Franco. To be fair, this is a totally different movie in almost every way. It is also a lot less funny.

Danny McBride plays Prince Thadeous, a lazy pot smoking prince who is a disgrace to his kingdom. His brother Prince Fabious (James Franco) is a brave warrior who has just rescued the virgin Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel) from captivity. Unfortunately, Belladonna is abducted again by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux) so the brothers embark on a journey to rescue her.

YOUR HIGHNESS does deliver a few laughs here and there, most of which come from the awesome Danny McBride, Franco does have a some funny moments, like when he tries to sing to Belladonna and it sounds like an awful karaoke performance. Overall, the movie is just weak. Natalie Portman shows up nearly halfway through the movie and she is terrific as Isabel, an elusive warrior who joins up with the Princes on their quest. I would have to say that Portman is arguably the best part of the film and I found myself wishing she was on screen a lot more. Isabel does deliver a few choice lines, which I will not write here because I would like to keep this review profanity free. I also have to give credit to Justin Theroux as a Leezar. He has one scene in which he grabs a little flying angel, tears off its wings, grinds it down to dust and then snorts it. Yep, that
April 15, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
hiphopspaz

Rio: Movie Review
Rio: Movie Review

It looks like summer came early this year and delivered our first great family film of the season with RIO. Not only does it deliver beautiful animation and effective 3D, but we also get some talented voices behind each character and a few entertaining musical numbers thrown in. To top it off, we are also given an engaging story that will please children and parents alike.

When a domesticated macaw named Blu (Jesse Eisenberg) and his owner/best friend Linda (Leslie Mann) learn that he is one of the last two of his kind in the world, they travel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, so Blu can mate with a feisty female macaw named Jewel (Anne Hathaway). Things hit a snag when the endangered macaws are kidnapped by crooks who sell rare and exotic birds to the highest bidder. When the pair escapes, Jewel learns Blu cannot fly. This fact makes winning their freedom a much more difficult task, especially since they are both chained together. Even though the thugs want to recapture the escaped macaws, it
April 16, 2011 @ 02:37 AM
metalslug

rio... smh
April 28, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
hiphopspaz

Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5): Movie Review
Fast Five (Fast & Furious 5): Movie Review

It’s been 10 years and since THE FAST & THE FURIOUS launched the careers of stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. You would think that a franchise built on fast cars and cheesy dialogue would have run out of gas by the first sequel, but it seems by the box office numbers that fans of the FAST/FURIOUS movies just can’t get enough. The most surprising thing though is that the fifth movie in the franchise is actually the best. I have enjoyed each of the films (except for 2Fast 2Furious). None of them are considered high art, but they are fun and never try to be anything more.

FAST FIVE starts out with an extended version of Dom Toretto’s prison bus escape that was hinted at in the end of FAST & FUROUS. Now wanted fugitives Toretto (Vin Diesel), his sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) and former FBI agent Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) are hiding out in Rio de Janeiro. One of the many fantastic action sequences is when the three of them attempt to steal a few cars that were seized by the DEA from a moving train. Things go terribly wrong and federal agents are killed in the process. In comes Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson). Hobbs is the go-to agent that is sent to find the “most wanted” fugitives.

It turns out that one of the stolen cars had a hidden chip inside that belongs to a corrupt businessman named Reyes (Joaquim De Almedia). This chip contains the information of where Reyes hides his hoard of cash. Reyes of course wants his chip back along with Dom and Brian dead. The boys on the other hand have something else in mind. In comes just about every character that wasn’t killed in the four previous chapters. We even get one character that was killed in the 3rd film TOKYO DRIFT. It makes sense since the events of FAST FIVE take place before TOKYO DRIFT.

Vince (Matt Schulze) is back from the first film, Roman and Tej (Tyrese and Ludacris) are back from 2FAST 2 FURIOUS, Han (Sung Kang) is back from TOKYO DRIFT, and Gisele (Gal Gadot) is back from FAST & FURIOUS. They are all here to help Dom, Brian, & Mia execute a plan to steal one hundred million dollars from Reyes.

FAST FIVE works very well for a number of reasons. The first would be Director Justin Lin. Lin took over the franchise with the 3rd film and since then has made each film less reliant on street racing, allowing the stories and the characters to evolve. Brian and Dom have matured and so have their actions. In this new chapter Mia is now pregnant and Brian has to start thinking about being a father. There is a sense of family here and we finally see the blossomed friendship between Dom and Brian that has had a rocky road. Lin also knows how to film great action sequences involving cars. I already told you about the train sequence, but that is nothing compared to the two cars dragging a bank vault though the city streets, destroying cars and buildings along the way. This has to go down as one of the best car chase sequences in film history. For the life of me I can’t even figure out how it was done. This is something I hope is covered in the DVD extras.

Another reason the film excels is with the cast. All the returning members work great together. Many of them actually meet for the first time. Dom and Mia were absent in the 2nd film, so they haven’t met Roman and Tej until now. Even though I did not like the 2nd film, I did like Tyrese as Roman. Here he is given some funny moments and there is some good bantering going on. Speaking of good bantering, Santos (Don Omar) and Leo (Tego Calderon) are a hilarious part of the crew. They don’t speak a word of English but almost every other subtitled word that shows up on screen from them is gold. They bicker like an old married couple. It’s also nice to see Dwayne Johnson thrown into the franchise. Johnson brings just enough bad ass attitude to go up against Dom Toretto. My one disappointment was with how poorly the brawl between Toretto and Hobbs was shot. I knew this fight was coming but was let down by its execution.

Make sure to stay through the credits at the end of the movie for a surprise scene involving two more characters from the series past. I am actually excited to FAST SIX.

By: Marc Ferman

keepitclassic.com/2011/04/fast-five-fast-furious-5-movie-review/
May 5, 2011 @ 03:01 PM
hiphopspaz

Thor: Movie Review

Admittedly, before walking into this movie I did not remember much about Thor. I am sure I had a few of his comics as a kid but I was more into The Incredible Hulk and Superman. I think what interested me most going into the film was Marvel
May 13, 2011 @ 12:14 PM
hiphopspaz

Priest: Movie Review
Priest: Movie Review

All the signs prior to the release of the new movie PRIEST point towards it being a complete waste of time and money. The first sign is that the film was completed nearly two years ago and its release kept getting pushed back. The second sign is that its star and director also collaborated on one of the worst releases of 2009, LEGION. The final sign the movie was going to stink was Screen Gems decided to ad post-converted 3D to help sell the film. This is why I was just as surprised as you might be when I tell you that PRIEST is actually a pretty entertaining and good looking B-movie. It
May 19, 2011 @ 02:38 PM
hiphopspaz

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Movie Review
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Movie Review

I remember when Johnny Depp first appeared as Captain Jack Sparrow in 2003
May 20, 2011 @ 12:19 PM
jofcndp

Hello, few questions when you get time
bit ly/fGJKo8]penis advantage

Please login first to reply.