October 3, 2010 @ 06:42 PM
STI Guy

i enjoyed this movie more than i enjoyed inception.
October 3, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
NoStress

I was hoping throughout this movie that someone would just beat the shit of Mark. He was such an arrogant prick, but I guess thats what made him interesting.

Then again, if you were in the his shoes at the time.. would you have done the same thing?

burr

October 3, 2010 @ 08:05 PM
Constellations

mark was hilarious though, i loved when he put that lawyer in his place, and when he said he deserved recognition for showing the holes in harvard's computer security

\X/

October 3, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
m3pwr

Saw it, but I ll give it a 7.5/10... that Asian chick could get it for sure though...
October 3, 2010 @ 09:00 PM
STI Guy

"hmm let me check the math. hmm yeah i got the same number"

"im 6'5" 220 and there's two of me"

shit cracked me up.
October 6, 2010 @ 07:13 PM
hiphopspaz

Life as We Know It: Movie Review

Life as We Know It opens with the start of a blind date between Holly (Katherine Heigl) & Eric aka Messer (Josh Duhamel). Messer shows up an hour late and the two bump heads before they even leave the house. Needless to say, they cancel the date and Holly calls her best friend (who is engaged to Messer
October 6, 2010 @ 07:15 PM
hiphopspaz

I Spit on Your Grave: Movie Review

I Spit on Your Grave is a brutal and graphic remake of the 1978 film Day of the Woman. In this new version, a young writer named Jennifer heads out to a secluded cabin on a lake to work on her new book. On her way to the cabin, she stops by a local gas station to fill up and ask for directions. The not-so-slick station attendant tries to hit on Jennifer with no luck at all, in the process embarrassing himself in front of his two friends.

Jennifer arrives to her rented cabin and takes some time to just relax at the lake with some wine and sunbathing before getting to her writing (Yes, the sunbathing is crucial to the whole needing to see the female lead in a bikini scene). Meanwhile, the three redneck gas station attendees start taking about how stuck- up those city girls are, not giving them the time of day. The guys then decide to teach Jennifer a lesson for thinking that she is too good for them.

The guys break into Jennifer
October 10, 2010 @ 08:16 PM
hiphopspaz

My next review will be for Jackass 3D. I already wrote my review for RED. But I can't post it till at least 48 hours before release
October 11, 2010 @ 01:43 PM
Trollinator

^why is that?

I want to see the world burn

October 11, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
hiphopspaz

^why is that?

Embargo. If I post a review for a movie on my site more than 48 hours before the film is released. The studio can ban me from their screenings.
October 15, 2010 @ 01:22 AM
hiphopspaz

Jackass 3d

Jackass 3D: Movie Review

The first question you might be asking yourself. After over a decade of seeing these man-children performing some of the dumbest and grotesque acts imaginable, is this stuff still funny? The answer is HELL YES! The Jackass team is back for their third big screen movie and even though these guys are quite a bit older, it does not stop them from giving it their all, to make us laugh our asses off.

Jackass 3D is probably one of the easiest films to review because if you have seen the first two films starring Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Bam Margera, & Company, and you enjoyed them. Jackass 3D is more of the same
October 15, 2010 @ 01:23 AM
hiphopspaz

RED: Movie Review

RED: Movie Review

RED (Retired & Extremely Dangerous) is a film that should have been retired before it even started production. Based on the DC Comics property, RED is about retired CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) being hunted down by government agents who have orders to terminate him for reasons that are not quite clear at first. When the agents come to his house and shoot it to shreds, Frank is able to fight back and get away.

Frank
October 15, 2010 @ 04:33 AM
Jacksonicon

Happy
WELL, IT
October 16, 2010 @ 09:10 AM
dalek

Jackass 3D was nowhere near as funny as the second one. I feel like they actually took a step back with it.
October 16, 2010 @ 09:59 AM
9inchesofsole

really thats suckssad
October 16, 2010 @ 01:20 PM
hiphopspaz

Jackass 3D was nowhere near as funny as the second one. I feel like they actually took a step back with it.

I agree that it's not as funny as the second one, but I think much of it has to do with them getting older and I feel this might be the last one they do. But it still have more than enough laughs for me and I was not let down.
October 16, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
dalek

I agree that it's not as funny as the second one, but I think much of it has to do with them getting older and I feel this might be the last one they do. But it still have more than enough laughs for me and I was not let down.

Yeah... I think I was just expecting "bigger and better." They spent too much time talking about what they did than actually doing anything. And some of the stunts, Bam's 3rd Rocky attempt, had potential to be fantastic, but didn't deliver.

But... (trying not to spoil) the Wee-man skit at the bar was amazing.
October 16, 2010 @ 05:40 PM
hiphopspaz

Yeah... I think I was just expecting "bigger and better." They spent too much time talking about what they did than actually doing anything. And some of the stunts, Bam's 3rd Rocky attempt, had potential to be fantastic, but didn't deliver.

But... (trying not to spoil) the Wee-man skit at the bar was amazing.

How about the bit with the cup of sweat ??????? I almost lost it with that one
October 21, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
hiphopspaz

Conviction: Movie Review
Conviction: Movie Review

Conviction is based on a true story about a woman, Betty Anne Waters (Hillary Swank) who puts herself through law school so that she can represent her brother Kenny (Sam Rockwell), who has been convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. She believes her brother is innocent. Betty Anne is a high school dropout and a mother of 2 boys. Kenny is a father as well to a baby girl.

The film takes you through a few flashbacks to show why the bond is so tight between this brother and sister. To say that they had an unstable childhood is an understatement. Kenny was always getting into trouble, but he always protected his little sister no matter what. The two siblings fought for each other even as children. This makes us understand why Betty Anne decided to sacrifice her family and life to help her brother. She would not just sit and wait for the legal system to help him.

A few days before I watched Conviction, I saw the people that the film was based on Larry King Live. I found the story fascinating and Conviction does a great job in laying out the events that took place in their lives. Swank & Rockwell are perfectly cast as brother and sister. Rockwell
October 21, 2010 @ 03:35 PM
hiphopspaz

Stone: Movie Review
Stone: Movie Review

From the first few minutes of the movie Stone, I knew that this was not going to be a very good movie. I had no idea how bad it would actually turn out to be. Let me tell you, Stone is pretty bad. As the film opens a young Jack (Enver Gjokaj) runs up to his daughter
October 21, 2010 @ 11:26 PM
hiphopspaz

Paranormal Activity 2: Movie Review
Paranormal Activity 2: Movie Review

Here we are again, exactly one year later. Paranormal Activity was a huge surprise hit that made oodles of cash in October 2009 so the studio of course green lit the sequel right away. Now we have Paranormal Activity 2. The surprising thing here is that the sequel out-scares the first film and fans of P.A are sure to love P.A. 2.

I was not a big fan of the first Paranormal Activity movie. I felt it dragged until the last 15 minutes or so, then it really kicked things up. I have similar problems with the sequel. The film drags on like the first movie, but where the sequel pays off is in the final act. We get a handful of jumps and I feel that
October 28, 2010 @ 09:50 PM
hiphopspaz

Tron Night: First Thoughts (The Tron Legacy Preview)
Tron Night: First Thoughts (The Tron Legacy Preview)

Tonight I attended Tron Night, which was a 25+ minute presentation of footage from the upcoming film Tron Legacy. Back in 1982, my mother took me to see the original Tron film at the AMC Marina Eight Theater in Miami (which no longer exists). That theater was torn down when the much bigger AMC Aventura 24 multiplex opened up just 2 blocks over. So I found it only fitting to invite my mom as my plus 1 to the Tron Night event.

Tron was one of my favorite films growing up, and even though the film was ahead of its time, I would be lying if I told you that it held up well over the years. The effects are extremely dated and it really is not a great film, but Tron still holds a soft spot in my heart. When I found out that they were making a new Tron and it was also mix of a sequel/reboot. I was pretty excited.

I did have some reservations about attending tonight
October 28, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
9inchesofsole

^
thanks for the early preview review, im also excited to see this. tron has to be my favorite movie growing up.
November 4, 2010 @ 12:03 AM
hiphopspaz

Due date - movie review
Due Date: Movie Review

To say that there are absolutely no laughs in Due Date would be unfair, but when you have director Todd Phillips (The Hangover, Old School) and on screen talent like Robert Downey Jr. playing against Zach Galifianakis, you would expect a lot more than just a couple of laughs. Due Date has to be this fall
November 4, 2010 @ 12:05 AM
hiphopspaz

Megamind: Movie review
Megamind: Movie Review

The new computer animated film Megamind is a pretty decent entry from Dreamworks Animation (who brought us the far superior Kung Fu Panda & How to Train Your Dragon). What helps make Megamind succeed though is the casting of Will Ferrell as the voice of Megamind. I never felt that Ferrell was good at carrying a film on his own. He fares much better as part of a team Stepbrothers, Anchorman &Old School. But in Megamind, he steals the show. We also have David Cross as Minion, Megamind
November 6, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
indecisive

Sorry, but Due Date was relatively funny. I saw pieces from the film that were funny that were not shown in the previews. Also, the dude doesn't act that way through the ENTIRE movie. False review, preventing my brother from seeing the movie. Zack Galifsdkhdsadssl;kaa(however you spell it) acts like he does in the Hangover etc. I believe it's a good movie, but to each his own.cool
November 7, 2010 @ 12:16 AM
hiphopspaz

Sorry, but Due Date was relatively funny. I saw pieces from the film that were funny that were not shown in the previews. Also, the dude doesn't act that way through the ENTIRE movie. False review, preventing my brother from seeing the movie. Zack Galifsdkhdsadssl;kaa(however you spell it) acts like he does in the Hangover etc. I believe it's a good movie, but to each his own.cool

Can't be a false review if it's just my opinion. But I never really saw a change in Downey's characters personality. He was still an ass by the end of the film
November 7, 2010 @ 08:53 AM
dalek

Spaz, how was Sam Rockwell's performance in Conviction?
November 7, 2010 @ 01:59 PM
hiphopspaz

Spaz, how was Sam Rockwell's performance in Conviction?

I thought he was really good, and yes his character was kind of a dick...but it was a drama
November 7, 2010 @ 04:37 PM
dalek

I thought he was really good, and yes his character was kind of a dick...but it was a drama

He's my favorite actor right now.

Please login first to reply.