300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
September 29, 2010 @ 12:39 AM
hiphopspaz

OK, So now whenever I have a new review, I will post it in this thread.
You can read all my reviews at this link.
keepitclassic.com/http:/example.org/topics/uncategorized/movies/
September 29, 2010 @ 12:39 AM
hiphopspaz

The Social Network: Movie Review

Director David Fincher (Fight Club, Seven, Panic Room) has brought us another cinematic work of art with The Social Network. This is not the first film that Fincher has brought us that is based on real people and events. Unlike 2007
September 29, 2010 @ 10:19 AM
fanaticore

Mark Zuckerberg didn't like the film, and It's not base on an official story (I thought it was based on popular social network Facebook)

Not an anticipated film for me . . .
September 29, 2010 @ 01:12 PM
mr.jack

Mark Zuckerberg didn't like the film, and It's not base on an official story (I thought it was based on popular social network Facebook)

Not an anticipated film for me . . .

isn't it based on the guy who made facebook?
September 29, 2010 @ 01:49 PM
hiphopspaz

isn't it based on the guy who made facebook?

Yes. The movie is not about facebook, but about the people behind the creation of facebook
September 29, 2010 @ 02:32 PM
xVILLN

this movie looks like it'll be very entertaining.cant wait to see it

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

September 29, 2010 @ 02:34 PM
hiphopspaz

this movie looks like it'll be very entertaining.cant wait to see it

It's a great movie
September 29, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
JStorm803

...Brenda Song..<3.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

September 30, 2010 @ 04:19 PM
hiphopspaz

LET ME IN: MOVIE REVIEW

Let Me In is a remake of the 2008 Swedish film Let the Right One In. This American version is directed by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) and in my opinion, happens to be the best horror film so far this year. Granted, we are at the start of October and have a handful of horror movies coming to multiplexes over the next few weeks. I can&#8217;t picture any one being as well crafted and acted as Let Me In.

When a lonely young boy named Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee) meets Abby (Chloe Moretz), a 12 year old girl that just moved into the apartment next door, they have a very short exchange of words before she tells him they cannot become friends. Owen pretty much brushes it off because he is used to not having friends. The only kids he interacts with at school are the ones who bully him to such a point that it forces him to act out fantasies of revenge when he is alone.

Owen also spends his nights watching apartments across the courtyard through his telescope. McPhee does an amazing job as Owen. He is a skinny little kid who looks like he is on the verge of becoming something dangerous himself. Every emotion that McPhee emotes through Owen feels real and you feel his sadness.

Even though Abby stated that she could not be friends with Owen, the two of them still form a close bond. They are both alone and desperately need to connect with someone. Moretz shows that she can really grab your attention on screen. I loved her in Kick Ass & 500 Days of Summer in which she showed us her comedic skills, but this time, she shows us something completely different. She is a vampire but she is also a lonely little girl. She has to feed on blood to live but Moretz makes us still care about her.

Richard Jenkins plays Abby&#8217;s caretaker. He is not her father, but he looks after her in many ways. Jenkins is terrific as well. He has no desire to go out and kill people to feed Abby, but he does it out of love. He does not want her to die, so he does what he must.

Let Me In is a horror film with heart. Abby&#8217;s and Owen &#8216;s characters are magnetic together. You believe how much they love each other and you sometimes forget that they are not even teenagers yet. Well, let me correct that. Even though Abby is 12, she has been that age for a very long time. I have never seen the original film, so I cannot compare the two. I can tell you that Let Me In may not be a very scary movie, but it is a great film none the less. The acting is top notch all around. The New Mexico location feels so isolated & eerie. This film feels like a modern classic.

By: Marc Ferman
September 30, 2010 @ 05:28 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

i actually heard this movie was amazing.
September 30, 2010 @ 06:31 PM
ReZ

Apparently one critic said TSN is "like Fight Club, without Marla."

The original Let Me In was so good.
October 1, 2010 @ 01:41 AM
Dorsal

Holy fuck this movie is good, everyone must see it asap
October 1, 2010 @ 02:36 AM
Virung&#259;

Yeah I just watched it, fuckin excellent
October 1, 2010 @ 08:31 AM
young idiot

lol if all your reviews are gonna go in this thread, why specify in the thread title that the review is for the social network? lmao.
October 1, 2010 @ 11:17 AM
Trollinator

Yes. The movie is not about facebook, but about the people behind the creation of facebook

ohhhh

I want to see the world burn

October 1, 2010 @ 02:42 PM
Blazed

Shit was great, went to see it last night. I can't wait to see it again. Mark Zuckerberg is a beast.
October 1, 2010 @ 06:15 PM
hiphopspaz

lol if all your reviews are gonna go in this thread, why specify in the thread title that the review is for the social network? lmao.

I know. I thought I could edit it each time I added a new review and it would not let me. I kinda wish I could delete this thread and start over again.
October 1, 2010 @ 06:51 PM
young idiot

ask a mod
October 1, 2010 @ 07:04 PM
9inchesofsole

movie was pretty good.
October 1, 2010 @ 07:08 PM
young idiot

better than THE RULES OF ATTRACTION?
October 1, 2010 @ 07:35 PM
frrresh

Overall a very good film. Acting was superb, I only wish it was more closer to what actually happened but its a very entertaining film. I don't know if it should be considered movie of the year but at least in my opinion it was a very well made film. David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin joined forces and created a great movie. Jesse Eisenberg should receive some recognition for his performance as the acting and dialog was top notch.

cheers
October 1, 2010 @ 09:10 PM
ReZ

props to sorkin and fincher for a story that could've lost the audience's attention, but successfully retained it...with acclaim. btw, fuck stanford. go bears
October 2, 2010 @ 02:55 AM
ignorantian

loved it. brenda song is sexy.
October 2, 2010 @ 10:06 AM
9inchesofsole

i still cant see andrew garfield playing the new peter parker/spider man.
October 2, 2010 @ 08:00 PM
Constellations

really dope movie. why was rashida jones in it though? she had like 3 lines the whole movie confused
was a little disappointed

\X/

October 2, 2010 @ 08:23 PM
Bron-Tron

October 3, 2010 @ 12:08 AM
Juki

Overall a very good film. Acting was superb, I only wish it was more closer to what actually happened but its a very entertaining film. I don't know if it should be considered movie of the year but at least in my opinion it was a very well made film. David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin joined forces and created a great movie. Jesse Eisenberg should receive some recognition for his performance as the acting and dialog was top notch.

cheers

So what really happened then? Please tell me the Napster guy does not own 6 percent of FB. Overall, I thought the movie was realistic and balanced. It wasn't really biased toward anyone. It seems like they show the story well from all sides but it probably did leave out alot.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

October 3, 2010 @ 12:54 AM
frrresh

I'm not completely quite sure what actually happened. The movie is based off the book called 'The accidental billionaires. The real Mark Zuckerberg admitted the the film was interesting and fun but everything that happens in the movie wasn't what really happened back in early 2000. Natalie Portman actually met with Aaron Sorkin a couple times apparently because she actually went to Harvard during the facebook creation era. There is a lot that people didn't get from the movie as the creators didn't want to portray the youngest billionaire in the world as being a rich, snobby asshole. I'm sure there was a lot more information regarding the lawsuits and who actually had the original idea, Mark or those jock brothers. I don't have an account but if I did, it would sort of give me a strange feeling while on it. When the movie was over, I sat there thinking, "500 million people have a facebook account and most of them probably have no idea where facebook came from, who the people were that created it and what their original motives for it were either".

Who else thought music was terrific the entire film? That scene in the club where you practically had to lean your head closer so that you can hear what they were both saying was genius in my opinion, very clever.

cheers, sorry about the thesis.
October 3, 2010 @ 06:20 AM
arizonaicedtea

I'm not completely quite sure what actually happened. The movie is based off the book called 'The accidental billionaires. The real Mark Zuckerberg admitted the the film was interesting and fun but everything that happens in the movie wasn't what really happened back in early 2000. Natalie Portman actually met with Aaron Sorkin a couple times apparently because she actually went to Harvard during the facebook creation era. There is a lot that people didn't get from the movie as the creators didn't want to portray the youngest billionaire in the world as being a rich, snobby asshole. I'm sure there was a lot more information regarding the lawsuits and who actually had the original idea, Mark or those jock brothers. I don't have an account but if I did, it would sort of give me a strange feeling while on it. When the movie was over, I sat there thinking, "500 million people have a facebook account and most of them probably have no idea where facebook came from, who the people were that created it and what their original motives for it were either".

Who else thought music was terrific the entire film? That scene in the club where you practically had to lean your head closer so that you can hear what they were both saying was genius in my opinion, very clever.

cheers, sorry about the thesis.

Who cares... I'm sure billions of people use toothbrushes and they don't know who invented it
October 3, 2010 @ 01:18 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

I guess I need to see this lol It does look like a good film

Please login first to reply.