Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 25, 2010 @ 02:21 AM
araw at bituin

IMO, the fact that they're wearing the same clothes shouldn't mean anything. think about it. when you were a kid, did you have a shitload of clothing? nah, because you would be quick to outgrow them. i know that in a lot of pictures of me as a child, i was wearing the same exact outfits. haha. just my 2 cents.

http://instagram.com/qyel

July 25, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
young idiot

lol that sounds like a reason to have a shitload of clothes -- BECAUSE you'd outgrow them so often.
July 25, 2010 @ 02:36 AM
Jr Llaban

saw this movie lightweight zooted and it blew my mind. figured out most of the movie 2/3 of the way in but enjoyed every minute of it. Definitely going to go see it again.
July 25, 2010 @ 03:26 AM
metalslug

www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/fullcredits#cast. . there are two different kids listed on the imdb page so I'm pretty sure that he was in reality.
July 25, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
Trollinator

well we ended seeing the little kids face

so im sure he was in reality.

I want to see the world burn

July 25, 2010 @ 03:42 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

They actually aren't wearing the same clothes. It's been noted that in memories, the girl is wearing a salmon colored dress or something, but at the end she's wearing a similar salmon colored dress/shirt with a white shirt underneath. I think the clothes were intentionally similar, but they're not the same.
July 25, 2010 @ 03:42 PM
young idiot

well we ended seeing the little kids face

so im sure he was in reality.

or he gave in and that was exemplified by his willingness to finally see their faces
July 26, 2010 @ 12:24 AM
Juki

lol, I read acouple pages and how come yall cant see the movie was clearly reality. Otherwise the whole story loses credibility and it had pretty good plot.

The ending was a joke by the directors just to make everyone talk and leave the door open to whatever you can imagine. CLEARLY the top wobbled before the credits. It even fell before in previous scenes meaning at some point there was REALITY.

Like some of you, I figured out alot before it happened (the first scene gave away too much) but the movie was amazing overall. I gotta see it again.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 27, 2010 @ 07:28 AM
uncle kwan

peeped it lastnight and liked it. i wasnt confused at all being that the movie made alot of sense to me. great movie, but i will not watch again.
July 27, 2010 @ 08:22 AM
Riziko

Did u guys also wonder if this is a real word we live in after leaving a cinema?I was so blown away that I was thinking about it all day.Even had a dream based on Inception.Shit was intensecoolcool
July 27, 2010 @ 10:09 AM
goldANDsacks

CLEARLY the top wobbled before the credits. It even fell before in previous scenes meaning at some point there was REALITY.

i thought the whole point of the totem was that nobody else was allowed to use it or touch it.

in the first 5 minutes of the movie, saito spins cobb's totem. wouldn't that negate the whole purpose of the totem?

(assuming you forget that the top was originally mal's, and you accept that cobb re-purposed it for himself).
July 27, 2010 @ 02:20 PM
Speeker

July 28, 2010 @ 03:45 AM
Carlton C-Note Banks

i thought the whole point of the totem was that nobody else was allowed to use it or touch it.

in the first 5 minutes of the movie, saito spins cobb's totem. wouldn't that negate the whole purpose of the totem?

(assuming you forget that the top was originally mal's, and you accept that cobb re-purposed it for himself).

No, it would only matter that Saito (or anyone else for that matter) knew how it worked if the owner of the totem was in that Saito's (or that person's) dream. The totem tells you if you're in someone else's dream. If another person knows how it works and you're in his/her dream, that person that knows can use it against you. But if you're not in that person's dream, then it doesn't matter because the only people that know how the totem works are not the ones controlling the dream. It's not just a matter of if someone touches it or uses it then it's automatically and absolutely obsolete. There was more to it than that.
July 28, 2010 @ 10:43 PM
HabsFan

The top falls after the credits.
July 28, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
itzkin

Movie was great in my opinion. I loved every bit of it. However I think hes stuck in limbo. So many things interrupted the entire movie that ONLY leo knew so someone was affecting the dreams and I think the people are just projections.
July 28, 2010 @ 11:52 PM
young idiot

The top falls after the credits.

you joke, but i considered waiting for the credits to finish. these days, there's always some bonus shit.
July 29, 2010 @ 01:50 AM
Brooklyn_718

I must say props to who ever did the styling for this movie. Everyone was very very well dressed.
July 29, 2010 @ 08:13 AM
sjem

I've come to the conclusion that whether or not he was in reality at the end doesn't matter, everything in the film was leading up to Cobb having this big, emotional moment with his kids and seeing their faces and that's what happened. Which is why I think that once he spins the top at the end he doesn't wait to see it drop/stay because he's accepted that this moment is more important.
July 29, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
flow

watched the german premier today
was good
at the end it's just the question if we're all sleeping, nothing else

it was genious ironic that someone was sleeping during the movie =)

the prestige is still my favourite tho
July 30, 2010 @ 12:11 AM
dots...

Wait a second...if it was all a dream, wouldn't Mal have gave him a kick?
July 30, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
Virungă

watched the german premier today
was good
at the end it's just the question if we're all sleeping, nothing else

it was genious ironic that someone was sleeping during the movie =)

the prestige is still my favourite tho

Do European Theaters show Hollywood movies dubbed in the local Language?
July 30, 2010 @ 03:08 AM
flow

yes
but we got english theaters too
July 30, 2010 @ 03:14 AM
iggy-koopa

Wait a second...if it was all a dream, wouldn't Mal have gave him a kick?

by stabbing him? nah
July 30, 2010 @ 03:45 AM
It's Only Hype

im a little confused about what influence you have over the dream. anyone sharing the dream can project something in it? like Mal shooting Fischer in the "snow level"?
edit- the subconscious i mean, specifically. projecting the subconscious

www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/board/thread/167257951

If you all have time and want to check out the post it's there.

I want to reiterate how masterful the movie was again as well :]

"Nolan would never take the "eeet was aaaaalll a dreeeeaaaammmmm" cliche way out. But the fact that he cut the film before the top falls over does have a meaning. He is planting a seed of doubt in your mind. He uses inception on the audience to have them question the ending. The concept of the movie thus becomes reality to the viewer, a heavy thing to think about and something that hasn't been done before. "

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cool
July 30, 2010 @ 06:45 AM
kola49

Thoughts after 2nd watch
It is reality.

Reality = Airplane.
Dream #1 - Dreamer-Yusef = Van/kidnapping of Fischer
Dream #2 - Dreamer-Arthur = Hotel Scene
Dream #3 - Dreamer-Eames = Snow level
Dream #4/Limbo Dreamer-Cobb/Saito - Enter the world created by Cobb and Mal. They have filled it with their own subconscious. So it is a place that Cobb has already spent time in.

From the Snow level Fischer is shot by Mal. This is when Juno tells them to go deeper and ride the kicks up. Fischer should already be in limbo because Mal shot him. Juno and Cobb decide to go deeper so they hook up fischer to the machine and they all go down. At first it is only Mal Cobb and Juno. But once Eames uses the defib on Fischer in the snow level he suddenly appears in the dream area created by Cobb since they are all hooked into the machine. Juno and Fischer jump off as their kick whereas Cobb stays in order to find Saito who had died in the first dream because he got shot in the cab. Cobb then washes on shore and is brought in by Saitos men. Since saito died early he is much older than Cobb because of the expanded time in the 4th dream/limbo. Cobb does not die in his dreams until he drowns in the first dream which is why he is washed up on shore. Earlier in the movie it states that once you go into limbo it becomes your reality. What made them realize that it wasnt was the totem spinning and they re-narrate their convo about honoring promises, taking a leap of faith, becoming young men again. Saito touches the gun (which implies that they kill themselves) thus failing back into the airplane which is the real world. Killing yourself is the only way out of limbo. But because they believe it is their reality it takes a leap of faith to kill themselves to get back to the real world

Afterthought 1: Movie Timeline is a Dream's Timeline. Cobb explains to juno that in dreams we often do not remember how we got to the beginning of the dream and that if we can retrace how we got there then it is reality. Like a dream the audience was thrown into one of the last scenes right from the Getgo. The first scene is with the old saito and cobb washed on shore. Then it cuts to the beginning of the story where everyone meets each other and so on. Nolan presents the first scene which is actually one of the last scenes. Then we as an audience are taken along the ride by Nolan thru the steps to how we got to that first scene. Thus creating the whole 'dream' sequencing.
July 30, 2010 @ 10:02 AM
gaws

"Nolan would never take the "eeet was aaaaalll a dreeeeaaaammmmm" cliche way out. But the fact that he cut the film before the top falls over does have a meaning. He is planting a seed of doubt in your mind. He uses inception on the audience to have them question the ending. The concept of the movie thus becomes reality to the viewer, a heavy thing to think about and something that hasn't been done before. "

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cool

this.

Oh and btw,

It is NOT a dream: The WEDDING RING gives it away.

I have now seen this movie three times. The first time I saw it I thought it was not a dream and he was home. When I saw discussions to the contrary, I saw it again looking for any clues to tell whether he is dreaming the whole time, and questioned the ending thoroughly. It was not until I saw a post about someone saying he is only wearing a wedding ring when he dreams. Multiple people shot it down saying that they saw him wearing it in reality or that he was not wearing it in this dream or that one. My third viewing had me looking for the ring in almost every shot, seeing if his totem ever falls in a dream (Something someone said happened), looking at his children's faces to see if they are the same, etc.

My analysis as follows:

The Wedding Ring:

We start the movie with Cobb in limbo with Saito, he is wearing a ring. Step back to the beginning, he is trying to convince Saito to let him into his mind to help protect it, this takes place in a dream two layers down. He is wearing a wedding ring. Things go south and we wake up in the apartment, where we think an angry mob is really coming down the street. They threaten Saito's life with him thinking it is reality, only for him to discover otherwise. In this entire scene Cobb is wearing a wedding ring. Wake up on the train, NO WEDDING RING. In the hotel suite on the phone with his kids, NO WEDDING RING. On the roof talking to Saito, NO WEDDING RING. France, the architecture university, NO WEDDING RING. The coffee shop in Ariadne's first shared dream, Cobb is wearing his wedding ring, she freaks out. They wake up in the workshop, NO WEDDING RING. They go back under and Ariadne explores the physics of the dreamworld, again Cobb is wearing a wedding ring.

Cobb goes to see Eames, the entire time not wearing a ring. He meets the new chemist, still no ring. The chemist gives him a quick taste of his latest potion, in that scene we get a quick glimpse of his hand with a WEDDING RING. Wakes up, no ring. See the pattern?

So finally, the inception. We are on the plane, we clearly see is not wearing a ring. Level 1, WEDDING RING, Level 2, WEDDING RING, Level 3 WEDDING RING, Limbo he is wearing his WEDDING RING.

After he meets Saito as an old man, the conversation continues past what we saw in the beginning, yet even here he is wearing a WEDDING RING still. Then, when Saito reaches for the gun, we are on an airplane. He is not wearing a wedding ring here.

HERE IS THE KEY. As he is walking through the terminal, no ring, as he is greeted by father in law, no ring, when he gets home and spins his totem, no ring.

In his dreams he is married to Mul still, as she can still exist there. In reality, he knows she is dead and does not wear a wedding ring as he is no longer married. A simple yet easily unnoticed way to test which parts are reality.

Not done there, I investigated another thing, Cobb's totem:

I have seen many posts of people saying his totem falls when he is in others' dreams. This is simply not true. People say it wobbles and falls over in the beginning. I watched and listened closely, Saito spins the top and we hear it spinning as the scene cuts to the young Saito. Then, in the end when we see him old again, he looks down and it is still spinning, he knows he is not in reality and goes for the gun.

When Cobb uses inception on Mul, it continues and never stops. In the hotel after the failed Saito mission, it falls. A funny thing to note is that every scene in which the top spins endlessly he is wearing a WEDDING RING. In the scenes in which it topples, he is not.

Now, the awakening scene. Looks an awful lot like a dream right? Not really. He wakes up on the plane surprised, but everyone is smiling. They woke up from the sedatives, but Cobb and Saito were down in limbo. When they got back, everyone is happy to see he made it, Saito looks just as stunned only backing up the fact that he really snapped back to reality. They are all getting bags, going through customs, etc. Everyone looks at each other with a grin because they know inception worked and that Cobb is finally home. Not very dream-like except that it seems like a dream come true. Had the scene after he and Saito with the gun been him in his home, him on his way to his home, etc, I would think it is a dream. No, he awakens in EXACTLY the place he went to sleep to start inception. You never really know how you get to where you are in a dream do you? Then how does he know he is on a plane and just successfully completed inception on Robert Fischer, the man in front of him?

Finally, the home scene. Looks like a dream? In this case, yes it does. we see the children exactly where they were, doing the same thing, wearing the same clothes. They appear the same age. On my second viewing this was red flag that it was a dream. But on my third viewing I noticed slight differences, such as the kids looking slightly older. The cast list has two sets of kids listed, ones slightly older than the others. They are not voice casts but actual actors in the film. I especially noticed a difference as the camera pans towards the totem, I chose to focus on the back door with the kids. The girl is seen throwing herself on her father, in this scene she looks clearly older than the memory he has of her.

And of course, the totem itself. I watched each spin my third time through. It spun flawlessly for a while, began to wobble slightly, then started a hard wobble then fall. In the final scene it appears to be spinning smoothly for a long time, he probably gave it a lot of power. It starts to slightly wobble, and the screen goes black after it begins a HARD WOBBLE as if it is about to topple, not correct itself.

Conclusion: The movie isn't a dream, Cobb isn't caught in some "limbo that looks a lot like reality." Cobb spends the entire movie trying to get to his kids in reality, why would he settle for shades in a limbo? What proof is there that he is dreaming the whole time? If he is dreaming at the end, where is he dreaming? Limbo? So he goes from talking to Saito to just waking up on a plane, all as a part of a dream in limbo? Really? Think about it.

Nolan would never take the "eeet was aaaaalll a dreeeeaaaammmmm" cliche way out. But the fact that he cut the film before the top falls over does have a meaning. He is planting a seed of doubt in your mind. He uses inception on the audience to have them question the ending. The concept of the movie thus becomes reality to the viewer, a heavy thing to think about and something that hasn't been done before.

But all the evidence points to reality.

game over.
July 30, 2010 @ 01:00 PM
dots...

by stabbing him? nah

No i mean when Mal "killed herself" If it was all a dream then her jumping off the ledge would have woken her back up,why wouldn't she just give him a kick?
July 30, 2010 @ 01:32 PM
It's Only Hype

the train going through the city street was a projection from Cobbs subconscious?

and lol kola I like how you call Ellen "juno" in your post smile
July 30, 2010 @ 01:44 PM
Trollinator

It is reality.

Reality = Airplane.
Dream #1 - Dreamer-Yusef = Van/kidnapping of Fischer
Dream #2 - Dreamer-Arthur = Hotel Scene
Dream #3 - Dreamer-Eames = Snow level
Dream #4/Limbo Dreamer-Cobb/Saito - Enter the world created by Cobb and Mal. They have filled it with their own subconscious. So it is a place that Cobb has already spent time in.

From the Snow level Fischer is shot by Mal. This is when Juno tells them to go deeper and ride the kicks up. Fischer should already be in limbo because Mal shot him. Juno and Cobb decide to go deeper so they hook up fischer to the machine and they all go down. At first it is only Mal Cobb and Juno. But once Eames uses the defib on Fischer in the snow level he suddenly appears in the dream area created by Cobb since they are all hooked into the machine. Juno and Fischer jump off as their kick whereas Cobb stays in order to find Saito who had died in the first dream because he got shot in the cab. Cobb then washes on shore and is brought in by Saitos men. Since saito died early he is much older than Cobb because of the expanded time in the 4th dream/limbo. Cobb does not die in his dreams until he drowns in the first dream which is why he is washed up on shore. Earlier in the movie it states that once you go into limbo it becomes your reality. What made them realize that it wasnt was the totem spinning and they re-narrate their convo about honoring promises, taking a leap of faith, becoming young men again. Saito touches the gun (which implies that they kill themselves) thus failing back into the airplane which is the real world. Killing yourself is the only way out of limbo. But because they believe it is their reality it takes a leap of faith to kill themselves to get back to the real world

Afterthought 1: Movie Timeline is a Dream's Timeline. Cobb explains to juno that in dreams we often do not remember how we got to the beginning of the dream and that if we can retrace how we got there then it is reality. Like a dream the audience was thrown into one of the last scenes right from the Getgo. The first scene is with the old saito and cobb washed on shore. Then it cuts to the beginning of the story where everyone meets each other and so on. Nolan presents the first scene which is actually one of the last scenes. Then we as an audience are taken along the ride by Nolan thru the steps to how we got to that first scene. Thus creating the whole 'dream' sequencing.

makes sense to mesmile

I want to see the world burn

July 30, 2010 @ 02:38 PM
kola49

Me n my friends just called her juno when we were discussing the movie. its jus so much easier than ariadne.

and i love how the movie's timeline is just like a dream. get thrown in and we are like wtf during the whole movie then we are like ohhhh thats how they got there thus proving to the audience that we we are witnessing is reality and not all just a dream. But that last scene is just there for us to question whether or not we are dreaming. But like cobb did, he walked away and realized that being with his children whether dreaming or not is the only thing that is important to him. in the End reality is what WE make it and not what someone else does. For we do not share each other's reality.

Please login first to reply.