Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
November 14, 2010 @ 09:12 PM
Dysphoria

I'm tired of the cliche "Man on the edge,no reason left to live,looking for his wife and son" character,anyone else?

Don't watch the show?

Just a suggestion. haha
November 14, 2010 @ 09:59 PM
dalek

cool
November 14, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
AlphaTrion

I'm tired of the cliche "Man on the edge,no reason left to live,looking for his wife and son" character,anyone else?

He finds his wife his son in the first 3 episodes so it doesn't really describe this show at all.
November 15, 2010 @ 01:01 AM
brokelyn

damn, episode 3 was fucking swag. **SPOILERS**

i liked the idea of them going back to retrieve the guns, it's like a mission in a video game, and how they were making deals for lending each other tools. felt real realistic, same with the conversations and shit, particularly when the women were chatting it up while washing clothes haha. i thought dude had killed himself in the end!
November 15, 2010 @ 02:59 PM
young idiot

This episode made me like Shane 1000x more than I did in the book. If Rick hadn't lived, his plan would've worked fine. I like how they've left it ambiguous as to whether he told Lori that Rick was dead because he knew he wasn't and wanted her; because he actually thought Rick was dead; because he knew he wasn't and wanted Lori to not feel bad about it -- or just for some scenario involving him actually being in love with Lori.

The problem with a lot of these stories is that I don't think she's deserving of the anguish they're showing. I wish she was more obviously worth fighting over.

lol i just read that maybe merle could've just cut off a digit rather than his whole hand. lmao that never occurred to me.
November 15, 2010 @ 04:25 PM
dalek

Hmmm... MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMIC!!!! SKIP THIS POST IF YOU HAVEN'T!!!!

Merle cut off his hand. Doesn't that sorta cheapen when Rick gets his cut off? Or, perhaps, Merle is going to turn into The Governor. Then say something like "Rick, this is payback for making me lose my hand," and then cut ricks off.

Who knows. I'm really liking the show so far. I thought this episode was great. Maybe even better than the pilot.

Also... I agree about Shane. And, even though I hate to admit it, I like Lori a little more now that we know she didn't just assume Rick was dead on her own.
November 15, 2010 @ 08:22 PM
Spankbank

I lol'd @ the video game comment because that's exactly what I thought.
November 15, 2010 @ 11:23 PM
young idiot

omg dalek i wanted to say that shit last week about merle becoming that other character. and because of how the show is presenting itself, i wouldn't put it past them to telegraph it in that way. what if a helicopter took him away?

edit: oh yeah, defying the laws of physics, this episode went up from last week's 4.7 million viewers to 5.1. oh, my.
November 15, 2010 @ 11:52 PM
STI Guy

damn i wish the last episode showed more than just two zombies.
November 16, 2010 @ 12:12 AM
JStorm803

Lol they picked the Challenger apart. sad

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 16, 2010 @ 01:26 AM
NZOO

He should be smashing one of the blonde bitches instead of Ricks wife...

Don't badmind me.

November 18, 2010 @ 12:41 PM
stlfstj

I can't wait see what happened to the crazy dood on roof. how he got off? why isn't there any dead(confused zombies up too?
November 19, 2010 @ 12:18 AM
tomoffin

^ he cut his own hand off. I'm sure he'll be back at some point during season 1.
November 19, 2010 @ 06:27 AM
young idiot

i don't think it makes sense for him to have cut off his own hand with that hacksaw. if that ends up being the case, smh. the only thing holding this show back from greatness is the writing.
November 21, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
PiagetNoodle

he should be smashing one of the blonde bitches instead of ricks wife...

opp.
November 21, 2010 @ 10:01 PM
dalek

&)&)&)
November 22, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
young idiot

what a horrible episode. made the other ones look nuanced.
November 22, 2010 @ 04:41 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

really? i enjoyed this episode.

those two sisters reminisceing about the past and feeling all safe.

THEN HERE COMES THE MUTHA-FUCKIN' ZOMBIES RIPPING BITCHES APART. It showed how easily people can die any moment in that world. that latino gangster part was bit corny but it's all right.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

November 22, 2010 @ 06:02 AM
young idiot

i think i've been spoiled by the last couple years of tv. i might just have to resign myself to the fact that this is not breaking bad.
November 22, 2010 @ 08:46 AM
JStorm803

Good ep! Thought they were gonna shoot those boys up in that standoff.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

November 22, 2010 @ 09:04 AM
undercover.

dat facade
November 22, 2010 @ 10:16 AM
ReZ

what a horrible episode. made the other ones look nuanced.

lol, kirkman wrote this weeks episode
November 22, 2010 @ 10:20 AM
dalek

i think i've been spoiled by the last couple years of tv. i might just have to resign myself to the fact that this is not breaking bad.

While I agree about Breaking Bad (nothing else compares on tv, atm), I still think this show, so far, is up there with the best of the rest. Some things are a little bit corny, but it's still pretty great nonetheless.

But, I may be biased since I've been waiting for a zombie related television show since I was 12 and first saw NotLD.
November 22, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
nostalgia

I loved this episode, but how did they get back to camp so fast without a car and where is merle?
November 22, 2010 @ 12:33 PM
young idiot

lol, kirkman wrote this weeks episode

i think it showed, there was way too much exposition.

While I agree about Breaking Bad (nothing else compares on tv, atm), I still think this show, so far, is up there with the best of the rest. Some things are a little bit corny, but it's still pretty great nonetheless.

But, I may be biased since I've been waiting for a zombie related television show since I was 12 and first saw NotLD.

that's what's gonna keep me watching -- the fact that no other show is doing zombies long-term.

also, it's really really looking like merle is gonna become another character of the books. cauterising his own hand and shit.
November 22, 2010 @ 01:00 PM
tomoffin

Great episode. Kind of a slow start but the ending was just amazing.

I was afraid that after all the hype, walking dead would be a disappointment but I'm glad I was wrong. In my top 3 shows at the moment!
November 22, 2010 @ 01:46 PM

Inactive

i think it showed, there was way too much exposition.

that's what's gonna keep me watching -- the fact that no other show is doing zombies long-term.

also, it's really really looking like merle is gonna become another character of the books. cauterising his own hand and shit.

Definitely agree. It's a zombie fan's dream. Zombie movies are usually horrible because its so focused on surviving that the time restraints don't allow for character development or meaningful interactions. I like the pace it's going at now and how each event starts to mold the remaining characters in a different way.
November 22, 2010 @ 01:50 PM

Inactive

i don't think it makes sense for him to have cut off his own hand with that hacksaw. if that ends up being the case, smh. the only thing holding this show back from greatness is the writing.

Not sure I follow this. Why wouldn't it make sense? People have done this in real life situations under circumstances that were much less threatening.

He was abandoned and zombies were 30 feet away from him. Even if he realized that they wouldn't be able to get through to him he'd still have to face the reality that he's chained up, with no food or water. Either sit there and die or do something drastic to keep alive.
November 22, 2010 @ 02:08 PM
young idiot

lol i take it back, you can't comment on it after you know the outcome!
November 22, 2010 @ 02:35 PM
Tishamingo

Live in ATL and its fun to recognize shit and see it in a zombie Apocalypse. Ha

Please login first to reply.