The Walking Dead

November 07, 2010 @ 21:02:45
O.P.P. GODDAMN.. this fucker better get his shit fucked
November 08, 2010 @ 02:05:21
is this true? that there are only 6 eps of this season?

WTFFFFFF.

dat deceiving tactic was dope as fuck. wearing that intestines n shit as they were showing respect to the victim. Even in the worst times, they still got respect n dignity for one another.. well except that redneck fucker lolol.

Glenn is a dope character btw.

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

November 08, 2010 @ 05:01:46
2nd episode even better than pilot.
Oficially my favourite show atm

Oh btw this scene was badasssmokeyface
November 08, 2010 @ 05:04:14
A good episode, but not better than the pilot, IMO. Things got a little too cheesy for me in this ep.

Geeks?
November 08, 2010 @ 05:12:18
All zombie movies/shows must be cheesy to some point
It's part of the genre after all
November 08, 2010 @ 05:32:04
No. I agree. Like zilla's stated, it can't be as depressing as the comic.

But there are just some things they're doing that I don't like. But I don't want to spoil anything...
November 08, 2010 @ 06:12:11
lol what did you spoil before that prompted atilla to act like a bitch? say it in code that only comic book readers will understand.
November 08, 2010 @ 06:30:22
smokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfaceI LOVE THIS SERIES smokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyface

&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&) That N*GGA GOT HIS ASS BEAT haaaa &)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)&)

Also that axe scene was good need moar!!!!!!!!!!
November 08, 2010 @ 06:39:09
when is it coming out in the uk?
November 08, 2010 @ 07:57:07
it already has. the pilot was last friday, on fx at 10, with no adverts. that'll be the regular timeslot. i dunno when it repeats, check the planner.
November 08, 2010 @ 14:18:35
second ep was ehh, pilot had that drama suspense going for it. this ep. i knew what was going to happen to easily.
November 08, 2010 @ 15:28:20
^^
I thought the second ep. was good. I mean I expected what would happened, but for some reason I still got scared. Maybe its cause I imagined myself in that situation or maybe I was just tired haha.

The trailer for the next episode looks exciting!
November 08, 2010 @ 16:30:01
The Walking Dead Renewed for Season 2

...holler
November 08, 2010 @ 16:30:59
November 08, 2010 @ 16:38:23
Yeah I gotta agree, the second episode wasn't as good as the first. Can't wait for the next episode blushing
November 08, 2010 @ 17:46:09
I enjoyed the episode, more immediately than last week.

However, and this is an early impression of what is more or less a long pilot, this episode was even more spoonfed than last week. Breaking Bad perfectly balances between action and drama. TWD instead has Rick doing some bs movie speech about what a moral guy he is, pre transgression. Really? And that bs soapy thing of keeping a bad guy alive, after a showcase of what a dick he is?

I expected more than just True Blood. TV's likable underachiever.
November 10, 2010 @ 00:57:31
I liked this one more immediately than the pilot, and yet, it felt more blunt. Keeping in mind that these 6 episodes are kinda like an extended pilot, I have to say, the show could stand to aim higher. I felt like it couldn't handle being action heavy and not beating us over the head with characterisation.

Breaking Bad is the perfect example of a show that balances drama and action without sacrificing either. So moments like Rick saying he was gonna tell his young son about some zombie he hacked to shit doesn't ring true for me as anything other than a tv show telling me that this is a morally grounded guy. There's a reason cheese isn't a good thing; it takes you out of the experience.

Then there's stuff like that scene where we see how much we should dislike the guy that ends up handcuffed to the roof, with him basically summing himself up with a few universally dickish sentences. AND THE GUY HE'S BEING SUCH A DICK TO STILL WANTS TO HELP HIM, BUT DROPS THE KEY. AND THE TOOLS GET KNOCKED CON♥♥♥♥UOUSLY CLOSER TO THE ♥♥♥♥♥ HATING GUY, WHO WE CLEARLY HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF.

I mean, I still enjoyed it the way I enjoy True Blood -- it had a quick short-term resolution, it was exciting to see Glenn and Rick masquerading as walkers. But I just kinda expected more. I guess we'll see over the next 4 weeks what kinda show this is gonna be.
November 10, 2010 @ 00:59:29
foreal, racist guy is gonna be back.

i'm gonna guess the survivors are in some desperate situation, racist guy pops up and has the chance to help them, but he doesn't.
November 12, 2010 @ 00:57:51
i find it funny how so many zombie movies and now this show uses the same method to start the story. a guy goes into a coma and wakes up to find that the whole world gets fucked up with zombies. he goes around learning about what happened. is there seriously no other way to start zombie stories?
November 12, 2010 @ 05:03:44
OMG !! Its too much horrible..
November 12, 2010 @ 05:10:03
Originally posted by Inactive User
i find it funny how so many zombie movies and now this show uses the same method to start the story. a guy goes into a coma and wakes up to find that the whole world gets fucked up with zombies. he goes around learning about what happened. is there seriously no other way to start zombie stories?

pretty much all zombie movies are relatively low budget. to show a zombie apocalypse in progress would be expensive. if the i am legend prequel ever gets made, it'll be the closest we get.
November 12, 2010 @ 05:28:35
Really though... I'm not even interested in the beginning stages of a zombie outbreak. I hate how long it usually takes for people to figure out that they are, in fact, zombies.
November 12, 2010 @ 05:47:57
it would be difficult for it to still be dramatic and have the characters be THAT aware, though. like, zombies as a word doesn't sound very threatening, and it's almost meta to have them have zombies in their universe -- i assume that in TWD, zombie fiction doesn't exist. i hope geeks doesn't replace walkers on the show.
November 12, 2010 @ 14:39:03
I like that the zombies are able to handle simple tools and carry simple memory. just like dawn of the dead. it's slow paced, like other amc dramas, heavy on the drama as well. i enjoy it.
November 14, 2010 @ 12:55:58
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Talk about mega bitch. Ricks wife cheats on his ass, then when Rick comes back first thing she does is give that fucking bitchy stare and tell him to send his ass back to Atlanta and save some dam crazy racist from about 10000000 zombies? notsureifsrs
November 14, 2010 @ 13:16:44
lol spoiler alert?
November 14, 2010 @ 13:25:49
it was in the preview they showed after the show.. thought most of you woulda seen it

regardless, added warning
November 14, 2010 @ 13:50:51
well pardon me, good sir. i don't think anyone likes lori. i do hope rick isn't gonna be one of those amc husbands that has a cuckolding wife and puts up with... oh, wait.
November 14, 2010 @ 17:05:33
^^^lol'd
November 14, 2010 @ 17:29:34
Really though... I'm not even interested in the beginning stages of a zombie outbreak. I hate how long it usually takes for people to figure out that they are, in fact, zombies.

Agreed. It's been done a million times. Couldn't care less about the initial stages of the outbreak. Much more interesting to see how people survive in the long run.
Please login first to reply.
x