Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
November 27, 2012 @ 11:23 AM
dalek

But in the comics there is characterization. Everyone in the show is just a caricature of themselves. Michonne is the brooding girl with a mysterious past. We get it. Daryl shoots a cross bow. We get it. Andrea is a whore. We get it. Maggie and Glenn are in love. We get it.

They force feed us the same thing every week. The only character who has developed from the first episode is Rick. He's the only one who has changed. Everyone else is EXACTLY the same as they were in earlier episodes.

In the comics, I cared when people died. When Lori died in the comics, I felt it. When she died in the show? Meh.
November 27, 2012 @ 05:18 PM
ekREV

But in the comics there is characterization. Everyone in the show is just a caricature of themselves. Michonne is the brooding girl with a mysterious past. We get it. Daryl shoots a cross bow. We get it. Andrea is a whore. We get it. Maggie and Glenn are in love. We get it.

They force feed us the same thing every week. The only character who has developed from the first episode is Rick. He's the only one who has changed. Everyone else is EXACTLY the same as they were in earlier episodes.

In the comics, I cared when people died. When Lori died in the comics, I felt it. When she died in the show? Meh.

you dont think daryl's character has developed? him and rick got a bromance going on now and will be tested when the confrontation between him and merle comes up.

as far as glenn...he went from a whimpy pizza delivery boy to getting beaten and about to take a bullet for team rick so that the governer wouldnt know where the prison is.

andrea backtracked from past seasons..she was pretty badass last season killing walkers and now she goes back to becoming a helpless woman which annoys the crap out of me and makes me hate her.

michonne...i can go w/o the facial expressions. lol. but that's her character. badass woman w/ a sword w/ no remorse. this is her first season so i'll give her a pass until next season.

i used to hate carl but as soon as he capped his mom, has gained my respect.

lori was annoying and was the most hated. people thought she would be one of the main characters cuz she's rick's wife and would give birth w/ no issues. but for her to go out the way she did...it was a sad.
November 27, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
chief

she's an idiot for having the baby to begin with

•••

November 27, 2012 @ 06:02 PM
drewblocka

man you guys suck lol. i feel like this show has great character development. think of all the characters when first introduced to now.

Rick went from being a cop to him killing people now he has had to adapt to the zombie world

Glenn for sure became a real nigga since it started. him headbutting merle and not giving up his camp should really show that. and that zombie 1v1 scene. and hes getting his fuck on. respect.

even maggie has changed since we seen her.

Herschel developed alot.

andrea is still a weak minded basic bitch who sways back and forth depending who her friends are at the time

and its a zombie scenario. people die quick.

daryl went from being a mean ass redneck to a caring ass redneck

/rant

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

November 27, 2012 @ 06:52 PM
jaded

People love to hate this show just because it's popular. I saw on another forum people were actually arguing over the direction abandoned cars were facing...if that's the kind of shit you focus on, then how could you ever enjoy a show?

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 27, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
99%Shit

People hate on it because it's drivel. It's entertaining, but only if you ignore 75% of what goes on. I watched TWD instead of BE on Sunday, immediately regretted that after watch Boardwalk last night.

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 27, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
jaded

Boardwalk Empire is on an entirely different level, I don't think it's even fair to compare the two. It's like saying you watched The Big Bang Theory instead of Breaking Bad and immediately regretted it. At the end of the day, this is a comic book adapted for television, it's not an organized crime series based on true events on HBO.

November 27, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
NZOO

People love to hate this show just because it's popular. I saw on another forum people were actually arguing over the direction abandoned cars were facing...if that's the kind of shit you focus on, then how could you ever enjoy a show?

0_o lol @ that level of reaching..

This show is aight, but the game does a better of job of executing this "universe" and way people interact.

Don't badmind me.

November 27, 2012 @ 08:50 PM
ekREV

i wish shane was still alive. dude was a savage when it came to killing and he wouldve been badass against woodbury.
November 27, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
gakidou134

THE WALKING DEAD VIDEO GAME > THE WALKING DEAD SHOW..thats why is topped watching the walking dead lol
November 27, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
MeroWavy

lol link
November 27, 2012 @ 09:48 PM
MeroWavy

lmao they killed t dog off for no reason
November 27, 2012 @ 10:07 PM
jaded

Only one black guy is allowed in their group at any given time.

November 27, 2012 @ 10:28 PM
Dino Spumoni

lmao they killed t dog off for no reason

Only one black guy is allowed in their group at any given time.

They promised we would learn more about T-Dog this season and those fucks lied. They made his character pretty much pointless. I honestly thought that token shit was dead in Hollywood... smh
November 28, 2012 @ 12:45 AM
zilla

lol we learned after he died (from glenn) that he was saving people before the show started

also another vote for the game being what fans of the comics that dislike a lot of the show want. the game perfectly captures the mood/deep characters/"what would you do in this scenario"-ness of the comics. i even prefer the game to the comics.

i'm gonna go ahead and say i don't think any of the character changes are consistent. most of the changes happen between seasons. daryl is merle but sober in season 1 but gets softened up for s2. rick is an aloof good guy in one scene and ready to kill any and everyone threatening his or his family's safety in the next. glenn is a coward when faced with merle last week but brave enough to withstand torture this week.

i like daryl tho. idk.
November 28, 2012 @ 01:22 AM
clo562

Can't wait for next week's episode, things are definitely about to go down. I'm predicting a few characters not making it pass the next episode but it should open the doors to introduce new ones.
November 28, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
tmwtg

i wish shane was still alive. dude was a savage when it came to killing and he wouldve been badass against woodbury.

I don't think he would've been okay with the Governor, haha.
November 28, 2012 @ 04:03 AM
dalek

lol we learned after he died (from glenn) that he was saving people before the show started

also another vote for the game being what fans of the comics that dislike a lot of the show want. the game perfectly captures the mood/deep characters/"what would you do in this scenario"-ness of the comics. i even prefer the game to the comics.

i'm gonna go ahead and say i don't think any of the character changes are consistent. most of the changes happen between seasons. daryl is merle but sober in season 1 but gets softened up for s2. rick is an aloof good guy in one scene and ready to kill any and everyone threatening his or his family's safety in the next. glenn is a coward when faced with merle last week but brave enough to withstand torture this week.

i like daryl tho. idk.

As usual, I agree. I think that's what is wrong with the show. Even when there is "character development" it kind of just happens. You're right in that a lot of what people perceive as character changes happened in between seasons. Very easy cop out.
November 28, 2012 @ 06:11 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

andrea is still a weak minded basic bitch who sways back and forth depending who her friends are at the time

daryl went from being a mean ass redneck to a caring ass redneck

/rant

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

November 28, 2012 @ 06:17 AM
Blarg

Andrea is so fuckin thirsty, lmao.
November 28, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
R.

Gonna start watching this. cool
November 29, 2012 @ 06:33 AM
darkseid

Just caught up on this and Glenn is that nigga. He went from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Killing zombies, taking beatings like it's nothing and got Maggie. I hope he and Maggie don't die though.

T-Dog though...why'd he have to be named that? Lol...RIP.

Pretty Young Thug

November 29, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
real nigga

Just caught up on this and Glenn is that nigga. He went from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Killing zombies, taking beatings like it's nothing and got Maggie. I hope he and Maggie don't die though.

T-Dog though...why'd he have to be named that? Lol...RIP.

T-Dog is better than Theodore

#3jeanshawty #nomeatjustsauce

November 29, 2012 @ 03:14 PM
mrteebonilla

Supreme4Sale:CDG3HoodieRedSzM//Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS14PBG#

December 3, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
tmwtg

cool cool for Michonne for doing what had to be done.
December 3, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
NeoGohan

Goddamn this episode is one of my favorites so far. non stop action and some long awaited confrontations. But they need to realize that its okay to have more than one black guy on the show. It was a strong end to the half of the season.
December 3, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
$$$$$

Fuck dat hoe andrea. Feed her to the zombies already.
December 3, 2012 @ 03:34 AM
mrteebonilla

Ok so Governor still needs to go, Andrea still is a slut, and Michonne shouldve sliced that mutherfuckers head off!

Supreme4Sale:CDG3HoodieRedSzM//Proxy/Pre-Order Service PM for info #TeamTony #CokeWave #ToneSosa #SS14PBG#

December 3, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
mrteebonilla

@jaded fix thread please :/ ha

December 3, 2012 @ 04:02 AM
jaded

Thread should be fine.

Please login first to reply.