Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
November 28, 2011 @ 06:34 PM
VOMITSPIT

Hershel said that bringing walkers to the barn was Otis's job, so he was the one who brought Sophia there. Shane killed Otis before they started looking for Sophia while they were at the farm, this is before they even mentioned anything about a little girl so I doubt Hershel knew. But I didn't know there was gonna be a fuckin' gap 'til Feburary that's fuckin' wack cause it's been a boring slow ass season so far and they cut the shit when it finally gets good.

Black Supreme Safari, Actual Pain, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

November 28, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
TheCityOfChi

But Maggie & Hershel both knew that walkers were in there and who each one was. So I'm pretty sure it was discussed that there was a little girl in there that theydidn't know who she was. At that point I'm pretty sure Hershel put 2 and 2 together and realized who it was and thats why he wanted them to leave. Thats what I think at least
November 28, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
jaded

If Otis and that other kid brought her in, it's entirely possible that Hershel and Maggie had no idea she was in there. I don't think Hershel was going out there to check on them or anything, and Otis was killed before the rest of the group got to the farm and let them know they were looking for a little girl. I think it's entirely possible that no one left on the farm knew Sophia was in the barn.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 28, 2011 @ 08:49 PM
VOMITSPIT

We can't know for sure if they knew everyone in the barn as it was never stated. Hershel rounded up any walker he came across, family or not, stranger or not, but guess we'll figure that out in Feb. Got a feeling someone in the group is gonna get killed by Hershel or his daughter tho.

Black Supreme Safari, Actual Pain, and more: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/220068

November 28, 2011 @ 08:50 PM
Beach2theBay

The internet has really ruined watching tv/movies haha. Niggas have to analyze the fun and imagination out of everything.
November 28, 2011 @ 08:52 PM
TheCityOfChi

If Otis and that other kid brought her in, it's entirely possible that Hershel and Maggie had no idea she was in there. I don't think Hershel was going out there to check on them or anything, and Otis was killed before the rest of the group got to the farm and let them know they were looking for a little girl. I think it's entirely possible that no one left on the farm knew Sophia was in the barn.

Don't you think it would've came up in conversation though? I mean they live on a farm outside of a small town. Hershel knows everybody in the town. Maggie knew her mother or whoever else was in that barn. Plus Hershel identified those other walkers just by there clothes and stuff. I'm pretty sure he knew there was a random girl in the barn and eventually realized it was most likely this little girl they had been looking for.
November 28, 2011 @ 09:10 PM
VOMITSPIT

Anyone else surprised about Hershel's reaction when everyone found out he had walkers in the barn. This dude was calm as fuck with that "yea I know they're in the barn don't bother 'em" attitude, I thought he was about to slaughter all them niggas in there sleep after they found out. There gotta be some shit up with him.

November 28, 2011 @ 09:16 PM
jaded

Anyone else surprised about Hershel's reaction when everyone found out he had walkers in the barn. This dude was calm as fuck with that "yea I know they're in the barn don't bother 'em" attitude, I thought he was about to slaughter all them niggas in there sleep after they found out. There gotta be some shit up with him.

Well it's like Rick said, he has no idea of what things are like because he has been isolated on the farm and left alone for the most part. He sees the walkers in his barn as a handful of people who are sick, not creatures capable of killing them quite easily. To him this is just something they have to wait out, it's not a new world that they have to get used to.

November 28, 2011 @ 09:17 PM
jaded

double post

November 28, 2011 @ 09:18 PM
NipSlipNinja

I find it hard to believe they didn't know a child walker was in there, you guys forget they were feeding them chickens the entire time. And Otis knew they were looking for a little girl because he asked what they were doing in the woods.
November 28, 2011 @ 09:20 PM
jaded

Don't you think it would've came up in conversation though? I mean they live on a farm outside of a small town. Hershel knows everybody in the town. Maggie knew her mother or whoever else was in that barn. Plus Hershel identified those other walkers just by there clothes and stuff. I'm pretty sure he knew there was a random girl in the barn and eventually realized it was most likely this little girl they had been looking for.

Well he said he didn't know the guy, he just recognized the coveralls, right? In an effort to hide the walkers in the barn, maybe they just didn't want to risk mentioning there was a little girl among them. It's a lose-lose situation anyhow, so if he did know, he just chose to keep it to himself.

November 28, 2011 @ 09:26 PM
DREWKKAKE

fuck im so mad i looked in this thread this morning and still havent seen the episode. so mad. but so excited. cool

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

November 28, 2011 @ 09:27 PM
Ceekay

Hershel is an id. He thinks zombies are "people" and proceeds to feed them and keep them "alive". Can't believe he's a doctor/farmer/faggot.
Shane is an unstable dude, but at least he could put two and two together - referring to him putting rounds in that zombie to show Hershel people die when that happens to them. Logic > Hershel. Man, I wanna punch him in the face, do his daughter, and eat his chickens.
November 28, 2011 @ 09:30 PM
jaded

I find it hard to believe they didn't know a child walker was in there, you guys forget they were feeding them chickens the entire time. And Otis knew they were looking for a little girl because he asked what they were doing in the woods.

Well Glenn was IN the barn and didn't see her, so there's another issue. Was she not in there yet? there was only about a dozen, so how did he not see her?

November 28, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
dalek

Shane is the best character in the show. By far. He's one of the most likeable assholes I've come across on a tv show.
November 28, 2011 @ 09:38 PM
VOMITSPIT

when Shane started to slaughter the walkers I just felt this slow ass season pickin' up faster every time he killed one, happy they're through bullshittin', disappointed about the wait. Why the long gap til feb.?

November 29, 2011 @ 01:22 AM
art vandelay

i'm pretty sure if hershel knew she was there she would've let them know, since he kept saying once they found her and carl was healed they should gtfo. it's not like he wanted them to stay or anything. and I doubt they do a head count of the walkers everytime they feed them. episode was cool though
November 29, 2011 @ 01:29 AM
yungm

when Shane started to slaughter the walkers I just felt this slow ass season pickin' up faster every time he killed one, happy they're through bullshittin', sad about the wait tho. Why the long gap til feb.?

because it takes time to produce episodes. lol
November 29, 2011 @ 02:18 AM
zuesmc2000

I'm a big fan of the series, but that's mostly because I'm a fan of zombie related media in general. Season 2 has been a tad on the slow side but I don't mind it as constant action would get a bit boring after awhile. The final episode was very welcome as it finally put to bed the tedious Sophia situation.

My favorite character has to be Shane, don't understand why so many people have an issue with him. He's just trying to get his and survive. That old twat Dale needs to get got, he's always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.
November 29, 2011 @ 02:52 AM
-alex

Damn, I cried during that ending scene.
November 29, 2011 @ 03:51 AM
PreggGopovich

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn when i saw sophia my jaw dropped.
and shane needs to start running things lol
November 29, 2011 @ 04:50 AM

Inactive

fuck this show. nothing makes sense. smh.
November 29, 2011 @ 06:38 AM
jaded

fuck this show. nothing makes sense. smh.

lol, what doesn't make sense? no offense but I'm pretty sure a child could follow what's going on...

November 29, 2011 @ 07:00 AM
Homes

damn I didn't realize I was the only one rooting against shane. he's a an asshole and a fuckboy. He's on herschels land. If he doesn't like Herschel keeping walkers in the barn then why doesn't he just leave? It's not his barn. And to just shoot the zombies that Rick and Herschel had and then open the barn and kill all of those, but suddenly not be about that shit when sophia comes out... once again Rick has to step up and do the man shit that shane can't. I'll admit rick is kind of a pussy (I would have fucked shane up at that point, and anytime he talked to my wife or kid the way he does) but he's a better leader than shane.

And herschel was right, it is reasonable to keep the walkers and wait for a cure. just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's impossible that those people could "come back"
November 29, 2011 @ 07:10 AM
jaded

realistically though, what are they going to cure? most of them are missing flesh, have huge wounds, missing limbs, etc. That one chick they shot didn't even have a nose, and Sophia had a massive open neck wound. Most of the walkers appear to be in various stages of decomposition. When that one split in half at the well you could see that his insides are rotted. What are they going to do, invent an injection and the next day they look normal again? these people are gone, that's what they're trying to get Hershel to realize.

November 29, 2011 @ 07:44 AM
Beach2theBay

I see where Hershel was coming from. He's a simple country veterinarian and two of those walkers were his wife and step son. I could see him wanting to keep them alive just in case a cure is possible. They really weren't much of a danger to anyone since Rick's crew didn't even know they were there for 2+ days. I'd have a hard time busting a cap in my mom's head too walker or not.

I like the combination of Rick and Shane. Shane is the brawn and Rick is the brain.
November 29, 2011 @ 03:50 PM
VOMITSPIT

because it takes time to produce episodes. lol

lol makes sense. I don't think Shane is so bad, I think he's actually necessary. I just don't like when he gets psychotic, makes it look like he'll eventually do something stupid when he's not thinking straight. (which he probably will..)

Fuck 'em all tho, as long as my niggas Daryl and Glen are coo cool

November 29, 2011 @ 04:28 PM
zuesmc2000

Herschel needs to read The Zombie Survival Guide
November 29, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
egoflexin

Shane did what was needed imo, the walkers were a danger and the farm is probably the safest place they would ever find. I'm interested to see how this Hershel relationship plays out now. And kinda lame sophia became a walker but whatever kids gotta die too
November 29, 2011 @ 04:52 PM
VOMITSPIT

Idk why cats were surprised and all emotional and shit that sophia was a walker. some dumb ass little kids gets lost in the forest, blows off half the season, and expects to get found are fine and undeflowered? Fuck that she had it comin' lol.

Please login first to reply.