December 6, 2010 @ 04:46 PM
nostalgia

you think everyone dieing would have been a better ending, how would there be a second season?
December 6, 2010 @ 08:25 PM
Vancouver

Dam these guys need to get some better special effects... Season 2 should be way better since they know what they did wrong with this and apparently fired the writers. Also where the fuck was Morgan and his kid man, they were supposed to be in this episode. My guess is that the original ending had them all dying in the CDC and Morgan and his kid arrive while shit blows ups. But when they found out it was up for a 2nd season they had to re-write it and make that shit fast. Hence the crappy special effects maybe?
December 6, 2010 @ 08:29 PM
dalek

Dam these guys need to get some better special effects... Season 2 should be way better since they know what they did wrong with this and apparently fired the writers. Also where the fuck was Morgan and his kid man, they were supposed to be in this episode. My guess is that the original ending had them all dying in the CDC and Morgan and his kid arrive while shit blows ups. But when they found out it was up for a 2nd season they had to re-write it and make that shit fast. Hence the crappy special effects maybe?

Doubbbbbt it. It was pretty much a given they were gonna get a second season.
December 6, 2010 @ 08:36 PM
YDNA

Season finale was intense! cool
I wonder what the CDC dude said to Rick though. I got high hopes for season 2

Something with the blood tests perhaps? Laurie's pregnant?suprisedsuprised
December 6, 2010 @ 08:40 PM
nostalgia

Lori might be infected I think.
December 6, 2010 @ 09:32 PM
STI Guy

how do you do a thread title change?
December 6, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

Inactive

Lori is pregnant with Shane's kid.

Yes, I think if the majority of them died that would be fuckin awesome. I would love for it to play out like this...

Daryl and Shane threaten the doc with shotgun/bow and arrow. Rick tries to intervene and Shane pushes him away and shoots the doc in the chest. This shocks everyone... T-Dog jumps on Shane to stop him and Daryl fires an arrow right in his back without remorse. Partially a payback for what happened to Merle.

Everyone is fuckin going nuts and screaming. Shits a mess. Rick runs over to the doc who is dying and begs for the code. Doc whispers something in his ear. Shane runs over with the shotgun and points it at Rick demanding he tell him what the Doc said. Rick reverses the gun on Shane and knocks him out cold. T-Dog and Shane are pretty much incapacitated at this point.

Rick enters the code and the doors open. Everyone does a mad dash to the exit not caring about anything else. Black woman stays with T-Dog as he gasps for air. Rick tries to carry Shane, but time is running out. He either leaves Shane or risks the lives of his family. Lori looks at Shane in sadness and disgust and urges Rick to leave him.

They all run to the front where they try to get out but can't. Carol remembers the grenade and they blow the glass open. However, they wasted too much time. The explosion goes off and they're caught in the wave before they can get to safety. Dale jumps on top of Andrea trying to save her from the blast, but they both die. Rick, Lori, and Carl attempt to jump over a barrier for cover, but aren't fast enough and Carl is caught in the blast blowing up 1/2 his body into chunks. Carol and her daughter are burnt alive.

Daryl makes it out of the blast only suffering burns. Rick and Lori make it, but have lost Carl which sends them both into a psychotic rage. Everyone else else is dead. Rick and Lori sit there crying and screaming while Daryl tries to get them to STFU.

It starts turning dark and you see walkers in the distance. Yea I just made that up right now.
December 6, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
Spankbank

Lame season finale
December 7, 2010 @ 01:16 AM
tomoffin

Lori is pregnant with Shane's kid.

This is what I think as well.

Didn't like the season finale that much..sad
December 7, 2010 @ 01:55 AM
Muff Rider

i dont know if its been posted
But here if the comic if u want to read them
twd-comix.info/view/The_Walking_Dead/1

Lurk'in Since 06

December 7, 2010 @ 01:11 PM
young idiot

after some thought, there were some redeeming qualities in the finale, but they were the same as the rest of the season: the logic of getting these characters to the point they're at in the finale is sound.

we needed to see rick reunite with his family and introduce the group and establish that tension with shane, we needed a mission to both present conflict with asshole survivors (merle), set up obvious future villans (not a spoiler since merle isn't in the book), and to set out rules for what the zombies are like. then they had to show why they couldn't stay in atlanta, including someone turning (amy), and then in this last episode, show that the only hope they'd ever have of returning to a regular world was gone. and then they're on the road.

so it sets up season 2 well, and that i appreciate. the only problem is that, apart from shane, darryl, glenn, and morgan (who don't get enough focus), it's not compelling tv. who gives a shit if jacqui is left behind? clearly no one, because even THE OTHER BLACK PERSON flees without her. add to that the acting of rick and andrea, which i think is inconsistent as hell, combined with the dialogue, and it's just the feeling that it could be so much better. but that hope is why i'll watch next year.

that, and darryl axing zombie heads off.
December 7, 2010 @ 01:35 PM
YungBrooklyn

I saw nothing wrong with the first 5 epsiodes, its just like zilla said they had to build up the story and bring in the plot lines that they're probably going to expand on next season. Its just the finale that was a huge letdown. They showed us nothing to hold us over for the 2nd season. Halfway through the episode i was thinking they'd all die and the next season starts with a new set of people, but i like this group and hoped they would just give us a little bit of insight into the next season.
December 7, 2010 @ 02:03 PM
dalek

after some thought, there were some redeeming qualities in the finale, but they were the same as the rest of the season: the logic of getting these characters to the point they're at in the finale is sound.

we needed to see rick reunite with his family and introduce the group and establish that tension with shane, we needed a mission to both present conflict with asshole survivors (merle), set up obvious future villans (not a spoiler since merle isn't in the book), and to set out rules for what the zombies are like. then they had to show why they couldn't stay in atlanta, including someone turning (amy), and then in this last episode, show that the only hope they'd ever have of returning to a regular world was gone. and then they're on the road.

so it sets up season 2 well, and that i appreciate. the only problem is that, apart from shane, darryl, glenn, and morgan (who don't get enough focus), it's not compelling tv. who gives a shit if jacqui is left behind? clearly no one, because even THE OTHER BLACK PERSON flees without her. add to that the acting of rick and andrea, which i think is inconsistent as hell, combined with the dialogue, and it's just the feeling that it could be so much better. but that hope is why i'll watch next year.

that, and darryl axing zombie heads off.

Word. I almost feel like the first season was just one lonnnnnnggggg introduction to the characters and the world of The Walking Dead. Hopefully, with a 13 episode season, they'll be able to do a lot more stuff.
December 7, 2010 @ 11:35 PM
Otacon

i like the sitting dead
December 8, 2010 @ 05:51 AM
thephreak

i thought that the doctor was gonna be a villain when his wife's brain samples got burned up. thought that the reason he took the blood samples was to figure out which person maybe had some type of DNA or some weird shit related to the disease that he could study cuz he said that all the other samples are necrotic after his specimen was burned up.

anyway... i thought it was a decent finale, got me wonderin what the fuck was whispered. hope it's something bigger than just lori is pregnant with ricks kid. the portrayal of rick's relationship with his wife and shane in the show failed for me. idgaf bout them

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

December 8, 2010 @ 09:35 AM
JStorm803

Kinda wish they had better special effects when Rick used that grenade to blow the window..or at least used a real explosive.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

December 8, 2010 @ 11:51 AM
young idiot

nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/walking_dead_writers_fired.html

apparently the real story behind a bunch of people leaving the show, behind the scenes. includes an interesting bit about fx developing powers, which i could definitely see as having the shield influences.

and reading back on the first 6 issues or so, i can't help but think how shocking and brilliant it was. the show changed a lot that it didn't need to. but whatever, i'm beating rick's dead horse now.
December 8, 2010 @ 02:19 PM
drtmcgrt

FUCK! I read everything from chapter 1 to 36 and now the fucking link is down. confused

http://instagram.com/rasheedovich/

December 8, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
Fredinsac

Damn, I've missed the last two episodes because the show kinda sucks and reading the previous comments doesn't entice me to start watching again either. Guess I'll watch just so I have something to talk about at the water cooler.
December 8, 2010 @ 04:11 PM
tree fiddy

omg thank you for this, i literally spent 10 straight hours reading this, yesterday. it took me a total of 15 hours to finish, good thing i finished before it went down coolcool

anyone know where i can find issue 79?
December 8, 2010 @ 04:17 PM
YDNA

that link doesnt work for me...anyone have a working link?
December 8, 2010 @ 04:50 PM
young idiot

omg thank you for this, i literally spent 10 straight hours reading this, yesterday. it took me a total of 15 hours to finish, good thing i finished before it went down coolcool

anyone know where i can find issue 79?

you can torrent it, and use cbr to view it. it only released recently, so it might be a week or whatever before it's up on that site muff rider posted.

p.s. i miss tony moore so much. charlie adlard is awful.
December 8, 2010 @ 06:26 PM
dalek

you can torrent it, and use cbr to view it. it only released recently, so it might be a week or whatever before it's up on that site muff rider posted.

p.s. i miss tony moore so much. charlie adlard is awful.

I think it's just that Tony Moore is SOOOOOO good, that anyone in comparison would look awful.

Really... who can compare to that?
December 8, 2010 @ 06:50 PM
young idiot

i dunno, at least other good artists (pia guerra, john romita jr, michael avon oeming, hope larson) have their own style that works for them. the way twd has been drawn since #7... why was he hired?
December 9, 2010 @ 03:58 PM
thephreak

Q: So fess up. What did Jenner whisper into Rick's ear?

A: "You know the most important thing to remember in life, like the most important thing in life? If I could tell you one thing that's the most import thing to get by and have a happy life, it's that -- [Emmerich begins mumbling] -- and that's exactly what it is." Did you hear me?

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/12/noah-emmerich-interview.php

from AMC's interview with Noah Emmerich who plays Jenner. kind of rules the pregnant thing out just from the first couple lines, unless Emmerich just made the whole thing up

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

December 9, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
young idiot

i don't think he ruled it out at all. in fact, i'd bet money that it's what everyone thinks it is.
December 9, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
thephreak

i wouldn't consider news regarding your wife being pregnant with your best friends kid the one thing that's most important to get by and have a happy life... the having a new kid part, yes. but not the best friend part

December 9, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
dalek

i wouldn't consider news regarding your wife being pregnant with your best friends kid the one thing that's most important to get by and have a happy life... the having a new kid part, yes. but not the best friend part

I don't think he told him it's Shane's.
December 9, 2010 @ 05:24 PM
thephreak

i guess you can't really find out who the father is from that one blood test anyway...but really, anyone with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together and figure out that there is no way the baby can be Rick's. He's fuckin retarded if he doesnt find it su♥♥♥♥ious from the get go

edit: and i have no idea why s-u-s-p-i-c-i-o-u-s is censored

December 9, 2010 @ 05:39 PM
dalek

i guess you can't really find out who the father is from that one blood test anyway...but really, anyone with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together and figure out that there is no way the baby can be Rick's. He's fuckin retarded if he doesnt find it su♥♥♥♥ious from the get go

edit: and i have no idea why s-u-s-p-i-c-i-o-u-s is censored

Why couldn't the baby be Rick's? They banged the first night he got back.

Please login first to reply.