Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
April 23, 2008 @ 06:40 PM
yao.bling

^they are ending it in 2010 for a total of 6 seasons. The second part of season 4 starts tomorrow.
April 25, 2008 @ 01:42 AM
BlandMoney

Gun's don't kill people, People kill people [!]
Tonights show was def. worth the wait[!]

[CENTER][SIZE="3"]Ep. IX. The Shape of Things to Come[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I. Alex gets a shot in the head via "boat gunmen", Keamy
_ A. Damn I knew those guys on the boat with semi-automatics were gonna storm the island but damn that was cold.
_ B. In retaliation / means to escape Ben "calls" the smoke beast by entering a trap door in his home and doing something [?]
_ C. Ben states "so he changed the rules" - referring to Charles Widmore and a battle that has been going on for more than we realize.
_ D. Ben in a flash-forward is in Charles Widmore's bed room and states that he is now targeting Penny Widmore as a result.
__ D1. Charles states - ~"I know what you are and that you got everything you now have from me..." - Ok so maybe this isn't your regular protagonist vs. antagonist plot between Widmore and Linus, could it be that Linus funds the others by stealing / stole from Widmore [?] but there has to be more than money fueling this feud. At the end of the episode Charles implies that the island belong to him[!] Alright so a Charles-Dharma-Hanso Foundation link.
__ D2. Charles states - "You'll never find her (Penny Widmore)" in response to Ben's death threat - This is the reason why Penny is at the polar research station, protection.
__ D3. Kind of convenient that Desmond ends up on the island thru a wrecked Widmore boat - Could Charles Widmore have used Desmond knowing that his love for Penny and thus a drive to "save" her -to- protect her from Ben's eventual strike[?]

II. Ben is playing by a new set of rules or rather a lack-of
_ A. So, Ben can control the smoke beast[?] does this mean he is responsible for when it kills[?] and if so the beast is not sentient and specific people were killed for a specific reason[?]
_ B. Ben is a clever one, I think he manipulated Sayid via the murder of his wife to recruit him as an assassin.
_ C. Snorkel in the Sahara desert[?] remember that polar bear unearthed by Charlotte Lewis in the desert w/ the Dharma logo around its neck[?] Yep, Ben has used the theorized Dharma "time machine" to leave the island. + this is further proven when he requests the date from the hotel clerk in Iraq he emphazies the year "2005?"

III. Locke + Hugo/Hurley as "special" in some way[?]
_ A. Remember when Hugo comes upon Jacobs house in a past episode, he "wishes" it away (ie. this isn't the first time Hugo displayed a wishing ability, 1. he starts a van on the island that had no engine. 2. Charlie's ghost is wished away when it appears at the mental institution. 3. The creation of a functional imaginary friend "Dave" way back in season1 who breaks him out of a mental institution. 4. Food supplies fall from the sky as a drop. 5. Hugo never loses at a game of chance from season 1-4)
__A1. Hugo's wishing the house to another location makes him essential to Locke and Ben finding it which is why he wasn't allowed to head back to the beach with Sawyer, Claire and Miles.
_B. Throughout the series Hugos keeps mentioning a "curse"
__B1. The lottery curse - numbers garnered while Hugo is in the mental institution lead to a string of "BAD" luck
__B2. The deck collapse - a party deck collapses right when Hugo steps on it killing 2x
__B3. The death curse - various people around Hugo die in strange ways.
__B4. The plane curse - Hugo thinks the plane crash maybe his fault.
_C. The existence of "SPECIALS" was already established by the others with the kidnap of Walt. Some of the others actually feared him.
_D. Like all the Oceanic survivors there is a link between Hugo and Locke - Locke worked for a box company that Hugo owned as result of the wealth he garnered by winning the "cursed" lottery. See a pattern[?]
__D1. John Locke can see Jacob an apparition of sorts that only he and Ben can see.
__D2. John sees an apparition of Walt before he kills Naomi.
__D3. I believe that John is a "SPECIAL" just as Hugo, note the fact that Locke paralysis was "healed" on the island (ie. some people are healed on the island yet other people can obviously die and gain injuries) + John can see Jacob.
_E. SPECIALS - as Locke, Ben, Jacob, Walt, Hugo and Rose.

IV. 2x Factions as behind the scenes
_ A. There appears to be 2x factions: 1st that lead by Jacob namely Ben, Locke and the Others. 2nd that lead by an unknown source namely Widmore, Hugo + survivors and Desmond.
_ B. I believe that Jacob's faction has the goal of altering the current timeline. While the X's faction wishes to preserve it.
__ B1. Time and time again we see some unknown force moving the Oceanic survivors away from their "destiny" of sorts.
___B1a. Hugo wins the lottery
___B1b. Sawyer's deportation from Australia
___B1c. Charlies heroin stash is supplied by the past actions of Mr. Eko. (note that Mr. Eko was killed by the smoke beast now revealed to be under some control by Ben - could it be that Jacob eliminated Mr. Eko when it seemed that he would become a positive force for the survivors + X's faction)
___B1d. Various other links:
Hurley - Locke _ Locke works at Hurleys box factory
Hurley - Libby _ @ same mental institution
Jack - Claire _ half brother/sister
Sawyer - Christian Shepard _ share a drink at a bar
Ana-Lucia - Jack Shepard _ share a drink at a bar
etc. the main point is everyone is connected and at some point ie. one person causes a series of events that either leads to anothers placement on the island or the eventual death/salvation of another.
_ C. Those "SPECIALS" have the ability to alter/manipulate reality/time in some fashion are used as pawns by both factions because they are not hindered by destiny.
April 25, 2008 @ 06:10 AM
magneticman

got a bit boring before but was a good-ish episode, the monster bit was well overdue. I lolled when random survivors kept getting shot like lemmings though haha, "Get back inside!!" x 3.

I'm not even going to lie, the show has 'lost' it's magic, it used to be mysterious with a relatively small cast, but now something is very different - of course you could argue this was inevitable, but i definitely don't enjoy it as much as season 1 and 2.

Plus, over the years the theories people are coming up with are getting more and more audacious, it's alright sometimes but ruins the suspense especially when the show delivers something paltry in comparison - and some of you are taking this waaaay too seriously btw - just an observation.
April 25, 2008 @ 06:20 AM
dick_grayson

I think the smoke monster is just sort of a "wild beast" that Ben has locked up. It seems more like a force that is just contained & that Ben has some little control over.
The smoke monster seems to take the lives of people who have bloody & problematic pasts. (ie. Mr. Eko, the boat men) Though it seems that Keamy is still alive which I'm not sure how he would have survived.
April 25, 2008 @ 11:39 AM
magneticman

he survived? where? 0:00
April 25, 2008 @ 12:03 PM
BlandMoney

he survived? where? 0:00

Yeah I missed that also, I don't think he survived. The Smoke Beast was pretty chaotic, I doubt anyone was spared.
April 25, 2008 @ 01:20 PM
tomoffin

omg Ben is so cooold blooodeed. damn what an episode.
April 25, 2008 @ 04:03 PM
dick_grayson

it showed him alive in the preview for next week, sorry.
April 25, 2008 @ 05:49 PM
Mr.Londoner

smokey killed them fast and fucking furious, episode was excellent, just because of that scene..

with another jacob encounter coming.. can't really complain.
April 26, 2008 @ 01:07 PM
todrunk2walk

latest episode was crazy imo
April 28, 2008 @ 03:50 AM
SantoAngelo

the last episode was pretty OG Ben let his daughter die to keep the island that some shit that going to haunt him for the rest of his miserable life. Then again they would have just took the island and killed both. So in away he sparred himself to avenge his daughter which he couldn't have done if dead. Thats a fucking predicament right there.
April 29, 2008 @ 04:27 PM
yao.bling

^ I don't think that's what would have happend. It's been made relatively clear that Ben always has some sort of understanding as to "what is going on". In Ben's mind, he "knew" that they wouldn't kill Alex, until they did... hence why he said "he changed the rules".

As it stands right now, it seems that Ben and Widmore are playing some sort of "game" in which there are rules that need to be abided by.

That being said, I didn't really enjoy last weeks episode as it layed the framework for Lost becoming (for lack of a better term) really gay.... The main reason I've become such a fan of the show is because it's always had such great twists and turns, never really settling for the most obvious answer.. until now.

This whole intergalactic game of chess that Ben and Widmore seem to be playing, seems like such a cop out of so many questions that need to be answered.

I'm going to wait until the season finale before stating my theory on the entirity of the show, but I can say it involves the 4 toed statue, orange juice and vile vortices.
April 30, 2008 @ 12:43 PM
magneticman

well, the vortex is kind of blatant in my eyes, and i read somewhere that a lot of characters have had orange juice, so that could be interesting.

but to be frank, Lost is done in my eyes, it's still entertaining enough to watch, but it's got a set course now and it is getting more and more boring, and all theories i see now are pretty much the same and converging. Unless they pull off an amazing twist, this show is going to peter out..
May 1, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
BlandMoney

Am I the only one would could have gone without seeing tonights ep X. it was basically an emo tale of Jack telling us everything we already knew + a couple minor things (ie. Charlotte can speak Korean, Hurley mumbling things that can be taken as psychosis or hints) the pace seems to be slowing down I mean an entire episode to remove an appendix [?] The preview for next week showed some hope with a Locke centered ep. though.
May 2, 2008 @ 03:47 AM
magneticman

I think it was quite a good episode, some good character development.

I loved the ending though, so eerie that Claire just followed her 'dad' into the jungle, if it's the last we see of her then that would be great. Maybe she was meant to die in the explosion and the island balanced it out?
May 2, 2008 @ 12:56 PM
yao.bling

^I think ghost dad is taking her to jacob's cabin for some reason. the episode basically showed up why jack and kate turned out they way they did in the season 3 finale, and layed the groundwork for the story off the island (worse before getting better).

ps - anyone who didn't laugh at the smoke alarm going off when christian shepard "appeared" definitely isn't into this show enough.
May 2, 2008 @ 04:20 PM
BlandMoney

^
I thought that the beeps emanating from the smoke alarm were beeps denoting that that battery was running out of power and not the much louder / higher intensity beeps which denote an actual fire [?]
May 2, 2008 @ 05:34 PM
yao.bling

smoke monster.......

smoke alarm........
May 2, 2008 @ 05:44 PM
magneticman

that's not funny at all tbh, if that's intentional. talk about a tenuous link lol
May 3, 2008 @ 08:31 PM
BlandMoney

What's everyone thoughts on these apparitions of people appearing left and right [?] Are they spirits (half dead / half alive), the islands / smoke monster "will" as a physical manifestation [?] How about Jack's dad + the Claire half-sister link - thus raising Aaron but Charlie stating "You're not supposed to be raising him" [?]

At first when Mr. Eko was confronted by Yemi's apparition then promptly killed by the smoke monster, I figured there must be a link seeing as how Mr. Eko "looked down" the smoke beast during their first encounter. + Mr. Eko stated "~You're not Yemi..." or something along those lines.

Then we find out that Ben can control / call the smoke beast to some degree but yet even as powerful and violent the smoke beast may seem Keamy survives with a couple other merc's, so this beast is not infallible and may react like an attack dog with orders but no real intelligence.

[CENTER]
Overall thoughts:[/CENTER]
-Smoke Beast and Apparitions as antagonistic forces bc. the former destroys while the latter guides.
-Smoke Beast as technological bc. uhmm if Dharma can make a time machine why not [?] + it is a rather effective deterrent as a security system.
-These apparitions seem to be Omnipotent in their knowledge (how is this so even a time displaced soul isn't omnipotent they just know what they've seen and experienced not everything), they know exactly what the person they contact "should" do, weird - (I think yao-bling mentioned something about freewill etc.. ) technically a person "should" only do what they would do without any outside influence not what someone tell them. - These apparitions may not be as "good" as the try to appear (ie. they act similar -to- demons that attempt to influence humans but can not exert control over them)
May 4, 2008 @ 11:07 AM
Shaun

Back on in the U.K. tonight...still hooked.
May 8, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
fer de lance

I dont know if anyone else has pointed this out but almost all the main characters that came from the plane have father issues, and it seems that they are all coming out of the woodwork now. Just a thought.
May 9, 2008 @ 01:03 AM
DREWKKAKE

saw this tonight. crazy shit man.

so they get off, but im pretty sure we are going to be seeing more of the island when they are off the island. which is dope

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

May 16, 2008 @ 02:39 AM
m-a-r-c

oh my god. been gone for a while guys, but im back now.

tonights episode = HOLY SHIT!

SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER SPOILER ALERT

first of. loved the part when jack finds out about claire, that shit made me FLIP! And then he looked over at aaron. that part was beyond best moment in television.

second. sun and her dad, finally she gets to stick it to her , loved that part.

third. ben is fuckin crazy, that i love it.
May 16, 2008 @ 05:30 AM
magneticman

really liked this episode, best one in a long fucking while

really anxious to see what actually happens to the others while the 6 get off, the circumstances etc.
May 16, 2008 @ 10:00 AM
todrunk2walk

lastest episode was fuking crzy, best imo is when jack founds about claire
May 16, 2008 @ 02:02 PM
m-a-r-c

lastest episode was fuking crzy, best imo is when jack founds about claire

YESSSS!
May 19, 2008 @ 02:03 AM
tomoffin

Great episode. Cant wait for the season finale, gonna be some unbelievable shit I believe!
May 19, 2008 @ 02:44 AM
DREWKKAKE

hmmmm.

someone answer the questions im about to put with their theories.

why do only the 6 of them get off and not the rest

what does locke do to the island

does anyone secretly get off

does jack threaten buttsecks to everyone if they dont go with the story

god im so confused and cant wait for thursday

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

May 19, 2008 @ 11:55 PM
enriquecb4

good show

Please login first to reply.