February 16, 2008 @ 01:21 PM
m-a-r-c

What about desmond and penny?

does anybody remember the season finale, the person that died. you guys have an idea of who it might be?

I think its hurley that died. why? cause jack starts flippin out and tells kate we have to go back to the island. a couple of episodes back hurley starts telling jack that they have to go back to help. so therefore jack wants to fullfill hurleys wishes after he dies. maybe?
February 16, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
magneticman

nope
February 16, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
FU2_amark

def not hurley in the casket. so far the options that make the most sense are ben or michael.
February 16, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
K BOOG

great possible explaination...

Ok, I'm spitballing a bit now, but if you haven't seen all of series 3 of LOST and you don't want any potential spoilers, stop reading NOW!

Right... I have a few theories about LOST that I feel like discussing with anyone else who loves the series.

Firstly, watch this video - it's a clip that's been released from series 4. A new orientation video for a station called "The Orchid" - www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bTvAUVPyLI

There's a LOT you can take from it.
Firstly, what is the freeze frame of a building? Where is it?

Next, there's a flicker where you see, "God loves you as He loved Jacob". Note 'loved', past tense. Interesting.

Now, the really interesting bits. You see a rabbit appear from nowhere with 15 on it, the same number as the rabbit in the guy's hands. My theories start from here, and that theory is that they're experimenting with time travel. He speaks of the Casimir effect that is generated at the station. The Casimir effect is basically about the way energy is produced when two items with certain properties change when they get too close. And from the wiki page on it - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect - it says: "Exotic matter with negative energy density is required to stabilize a wormhole. Morris, Thorne and Yurtsever pointed out that the quantum mechanics of the Casimir effect can be used to produce a locally mass-negative region of space-time, and suggested that negative effect could be used to stabilize a wormhole to allow faster than light travel."

Basically it's feasibly allows the creation of a portal in space time where objects can travel faster than light, meaning they appear places before they've happened, aka time travel.

This could explain why the rabbits were made to be kept apart.

This would also explain a lot of other things that were brought up in the 3 series.

The plane was found at the bottom of the ocean with all the passengers dead on-board. I think that the magnet in the first hatch that got blown up at the end of series 2 was preventing something (I don't know quite what), but when Desmond didn't get back in time and it failed (ultimately crashing the plane) a rift was created. This meant that the plane crashed BOTH in the ocean (real time) and on the island (another period of time). I think it's important to note that we know the island is / was volcanic from what the school teacher said in series 3, so what if the island wasn't there in real time, but was created by an eruption in this "new" time. This is also explain why Juliet had to take all the sedative when she travelled to the island - because it wasn't a "normal" journey, it involved passing through time, or possibly dimensions.

Also, Desmond sees the future. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he has memories of doing something before. When he has the flashback to being in London when the hatch explodes, I think he's actually sent back in time. Quite how he gets back again, I'm unsure, but I think that the fact that he arrives woken up naked in the jungle is because only he was able to pass through some kind of portal.

At the end of series 3, it appears that they've gotten off the island as Jack and Kate meet up. I think that the person that Jack discovers is dead in the clipping is Ben as he would have been taken off the island when everyone was collected. As John said at the funeral, he was neither family nor a friend, and it would make sense why Kate said "why would I go" when questioned about it. Maybe this isn't a flash of the future though, but a previous past or something like that.

Saving the best concept until last, and my MAJOR thought, is about Jacob. When Ben introduces Locke to him, he tells him that "Jacob feels the same way about technology as you do". At the end of series 3, when Jack is radioing for help, Locke walks off. I think that if they DID leave the island, Locke stayed behind, and that Jacob and Locke, are in fact the same person....
February 16, 2008 @ 04:28 PM
DREWKKAKE

good thoughts^

but the casmir effect wouldnt work for the planes cause the pilot's ring finger.

and i dont think we can rule out anyone but kate and jack for dying because they are playing these off island flashes out of order.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

February 16, 2008 @ 04:59 PM
BlandMoney

K BOOG makes alot of good points.

Your Casimir effect + destroyed magnet S.2 + Desmond naked in the jungle = Time Rift makes sense.

In that episode wasn't Desmond in the past but with the knowledge of his future self. I always figured it to be the wandering of his unconscious mind while he was knocked out from the blast to further explore the character like Lost usu. does, but right after that episode was when Desmond officially became a Precognitive. It is reasonable to assume that the blast affected him in some way maybe his mind is able to travel into his future and past self [?] Your plane argument also makes some sense minus the ring on the pilots finger point-DrewP. Has anyone ruled out the plane being staged by Dharma as a cover up / also in season 1 did the entire plane crash on the island or only part of it ( I forget )?

I gotta go back and start reviewing the older seasons I forgot alot of the minor details.
February 16, 2008 @ 05:22 PM
magneticman

he didnt make those points he copy and pasted
February 16, 2008 @ 08:20 PM
K BOOG

yeah, someone found them on a lost blog and i just copied and pasted to share because i thought it was interesting

also, remember there are two skeletons on the cave?

and remember the toy truck locke found when trying to find that polar bear in the cave?

where is jack shepheards body?

great thread with these 'forgotten things' on the imdb boards.
February 17, 2008 @ 11:50 AM
dick_grayson

def not hurley in the casket. so far the options that make the most sense are ben or michael.

If anyone is in the casket i think it would be either Ben or Locke.
both men have/had huge effects on Jack & it would explain why
no one wanted to go to the wake because no one on the island really liked either of them, especially Ben.
just a thought.
February 17, 2008 @ 11:54 AM
magneticman

well it isnt ben because we just saw him in sayid's flash-forward

i personally think it is michael, because he is coming back and i think something epic is gonna happen with him..
February 17, 2008 @ 01:40 PM
m-a-r-c

you could be right. it would probably be michael
February 18, 2008 @ 05:34 AM
DREWKKAKE

the show is getting sped up and they will probably end up dropping some plot lines.. sad

plane crash must have been staged though. can someone find a clip of the pilot in the very first season and see if hes wearing a ring?

February 18, 2008 @ 12:58 PM
yao.bling

that doesn't mean anything, as we can't say when each flash forward is. For all we know, the Sayid flash forward could have been way before the Kate/Jack one.

as for the theories that K-Boog brought up, i think there's definitely some good points, however combined they don't work out.

If I were going to believe some/most of the thoughts brought up, it would be this/these:

The Dharma Initiative was conducting teleportation and/or replication experiments rather than time travel. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling out time travel, just that I think at the Orchid, teleporation/replication was the main focus (think the presitge). This would explain the polar bear in the middle of the dessert and why .

Now, The whole Desmond thing I like a lot, and out of everything I've thought of/read, it makes the most sense.

As for the "dual" plan crash and island theory, I find that very hard to believe. And find the whole Oceanic/Dharma/Abaddon company cover up a lot more logical.
February 18, 2008 @ 12:59 PM
yao.bling

that doesn't mean anything, as we can't say when each flash forward is. For all we know, the Sayid flash forward could have been way before the Kate/Jack one.

as for the theories that K-Boog brought up, i think there's definitely some good points, however combined they don't work out.

If I were going to believe some/most of the thoughts brought up, it would be this/these:

The Dharma Initiative was conducting teleportation and/or replication experiments rather than time travel. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling out time travel, just that I think at the Orchid, teleporation/replication was the main focus (think the presitge). This would explain the polar bear in the middle of the dessert and why .

Now, The whole Desmond thing I like a lot, and out of everything I've thought of/read, it makes the most sense.

As for the "dual" plan crash and island theory, I find that very hard to believe. And find the whole Oceanic/Dharma/Abaddon company cover up a lot more logical.
February 20, 2008 @ 01:55 PM
yao.bling

ok..... i just found this ( it's from september 06 ) and was released as part of the lost experience (online game). Please note that it does disclose a lot of information on the dharma initiative, and also introduces something completely unheard of on the tv show thus far.

BE WARNED that while this may increase your knowledge on the show, it may lead to revealing something/s that you had never even considered.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc
February 20, 2008 @ 02:09 PM
magneticman

i guarantee it wasnt ben

that vid has been around for a while, i thought it was a bit lazy how they change the emphasis of the numbers and dharma;

i think during season 3 they were just writing anything, they just have too many arcs...
February 20, 2008 @ 06:06 PM
yao.bling

i guarantee it wasnt ben

that vid has been around for a while, i thought it was a bit lazy how they change the emphasis of the numbers and dharma;

i think during season 3 they were just writing anything, they just have too many arcs...

don't tell me you think it was saywer, especially after stating "the time-shift bollocks is nonsense imo".
February 20, 2008 @ 06:14 PM
magneticman

no, i think it's michael personally
February 22, 2008 @ 12:04 AM
Jimmy

is kate's son, claire's son???
February 22, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
DREWKKAKE

yeah. some how the people realized they were being left. and she gave the ***** to kate.

i think kate is with sayid's group for some reason

"he" is waiting

BEN.

February 22, 2008 @ 02:44 AM
m-a-r-c

that show is trippy. so i'm guessing jack knows claire is his sister in the flash forward. why else would he not want to see the baby?
February 22, 2008 @ 03:37 AM
magneticman

at the beginning Locke picks up a book called VALIS (by Philip K. Dick)

when i googled it i got: "VALIS is a 1981 science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. The title is an acronym for Vast Active Living Intelligence System"

iiiiinteresting...

*shit i didnt even clock it could be claire's baby..

so that means claire isnt one of the 6..
February 22, 2008 @ 08:54 AM
K BOOG

that show is trippy. so i'm guessing jack knows claire is his sister in the flash forward. why else would he not want to see the baby?

wow. i totally forgot about that storyline. your prolly right.
February 22, 2008 @ 11:42 AM
yao.bling

what i took from the episode:

In the courtroom they mentioned that there were 8 survivors, yet we all know that there were only 6 that made it off the island (oceanic 6). Now, assuming that Aaron isn't considered one of the 6, that leaves 2 people unaccounted for. I'll get back to this in a later post.

Based off the above, I think that Claire dies, leaving Kate with the baby (maybe a dying wish or something). On top of that, I think that Jack was involved or at least feels responsible for Claire's death (especially if he's found out that it was his half sister). This would explain why Jack doesn't want to see the baby.

There has however been one theory that a friend of mine brought up that I could also see being true. He thought that both Claire and Aaron had died, and that Kate was indeed pregnant with Sawyer's baby. Kate then named her son Aaron in memory of Claire/Original Aaron. Jack, knowing that the baby was Sawyer's got pissed as fuck and never wanted to see that damn kid. /end rant.

Post more soon.
February 22, 2008 @ 12:01 PM
m-a-r-c

hahaha i love it.

There has however been one theory that a friend of mine brought up that I could also see being true. He thought that both Claire and Aaron had died, and that Kate was indeed pregnant with Sawyer's baby. Kate then named her son Aaron in memory of Claire/Original Aaron. Jack, knowing that the baby was Sawyer's got pissed as fuck and never wanted to see that damn kid. /end rant.

Post more soon.
February 22, 2008 @ 04:57 PM
Quick Draw

^i think it's pretty obvious that it's actually claire's baby. it's got blond hair which points to claire.
February 22, 2008 @ 05:21 PM
B2FiNiTY

sayid is killing people for ben to protect his friends. Protecting them from who, we don't know yet.
February 22, 2008 @ 05:24 PM
B2FiNiTY

They also played that suspenseful music right when she said "aaron".
February 22, 2008 @ 05:39 PM
yao.bling

^i think it's pretty obvious that it's actually claire's baby. it's got blond hair which points to claire.

sawyer is also blonde... but regardless, i also am under the belief that it's claire's baby.
February 22, 2008 @ 05:45 PM
KENNN

I knew that baby was going to be Aaron. I called it. Lost is fucking ridiculous.

Please login first to reply.