May 25, 2010 @ 05:27 PM
dizzzzle

Go back and watch, Smokie killed Eko because smokie was trying to manipulate him via his brothers from but Eko didn't "repent" and became of no use to MIB when he figured out he could manipulate him so he killed him and moved on to the next one like Jay-z.

after wasting all that time, going back and watching has to be the last thing id want to do right now
May 25, 2010 @ 08:25 PM
K BOOG

How did Jack know that he could kill MIB by taking that pillar out of the ground?

And if that's all it took, why didn't Jacob take it out and have someone do it waaayyy sooner?
May 25, 2010 @ 08:46 PM
young idiot

Another nitpick would be how Jack:

a) survived the light when Desmond barely did
b) got out of there
c) jumped so fucking high in order to punch Locke in the face
May 25, 2010 @ 09:07 PM
young idiot

OH YEAH: where the eff is Geronimo Jack's Beard?
May 25, 2010 @ 09:13 PM
chin_chilla

Unanswered Lost Questions:
www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291
May 25, 2010 @ 09:16 PM
Juki

yeah Im kinda thinking they all died on the original flight 815. They had to experience the island and learn from it inorder to move on. Still lots of questions, but right now im happy they did pretty well ending it. In sure after thinking about it over the next couple days There will be things that just make me made than they didnt answer, but as for now Im happy

So basically it was Purgatory like everyone guessed a long time ago.

Just thought things over and I think this is what actually happened. Everything that happened on the island was real, as Christian pointed out.

They were not dead from the plane crash. They all died at different times after wards (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Frank, Richard). Hell they could have died on the Ajira plane for all we know.

The alternative reality (sideway flash) was purgatory. It was a place for them to gather before they could move on, hence why there were details that deviated from the original time line before they boarded Oceanic 815.

At some point, Hugo and Ben die on the island as well. That's why he said he was a good #2 and vice versa. I really doubt Hugo ever got immortality, since Jack never enchanted the water with magical words or whatever Jacob did.

That's my take on it.

this doesnt explain all the supernatural stuff that happened on the island. Or how the "magical Island" existed anyway. and how they had to protect it and etc....plus Jacob choose them all before hand, to bring to the island so that they could solve their problems and move on. I think all the island stuff was just fantasy make believe like Alice in wonder land/wizard of oz only they were dead not dreaming.

No wonder they could see dead people and people came back to life. Jacob was like GOD. And MIB, or ESAU or ABEL or what ever they insinuated him to be was evil or the Devil.

I think the alternate reality was just showing how their lives are/would be (in a parallel universe) if they survived the flight and come to know what they learned in the island. I guess it made them appreciate life more and understand things like life in general.

So there are 2 realities in a sense. Or two ways to look at the show.

So... What the fuck was the point of the show? What was the point of the MIB? We never find out why they're protecting the island. "We'll all die." "Something bad will happen to all of us."

This was so disappointing.

There are a million questions left unanswered. The Flocke/Jack "fight" was so anti-climatic. I didn't give a fuck if Lapidus/Myles/Alpert got off the island.

Yea, thats why they say the show was about the people. In that sense it was amazing. But if your looking for answers to the whole sci-fi/religious/supernatural stuff, it was a disappointment.

personally I think the show was as good as it could've been. You cant please everyone. Another season could've answered more questions but I like the ending as it is.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

May 25, 2010 @ 10:25 PM
frrresh

jack didn't know he could kill the man in black after des. moved the rock thing...he was just pissed off that desmond could have possibly died doing it and took his frustrations out on locke's face...and then he saw the blood from his mouth...he hardly survived the light also....and we can only assume he eventually got out of the cave place by himself and then passed out on the rocks...yeah ofcoarse they could have done another season , maybe even a few more but it would have made the show laughable essentially...what journey do they have to go on next ya know...there is a bonus 20 minutes of footage included with season 6 dvd's so maybe some of the shit you guys want will be on them...just never made it into the show..

cheers
May 25, 2010 @ 11:32 PM
young idiot

NITPICK: when Jin says "we'll see you there" to Sawyer, he's speaking like Daniel Dae Kim speaks in real life, if a little bit higher. Jin never had that much of an American affection to his accent.
May 26, 2010 @ 01:04 AM
frrresh

^yeah i know what you mean...dunno what was up with that...im looking forward to seeing whats on the dvd special features for s.6...apparently there is gonna be a sort of missed questions & answers type thing...but i bet damon and carlton once they are done with their radio silence will begin talking about the stuff they left out of the show,etc..

cheers
May 26, 2010 @ 01:05 AM
young idiot

Definitely, they have to do a commentary at the very least.
May 26, 2010 @ 10:37 AM
BH88

sorry if this sounds really stupid, but im just fuckin confused.

them meeting at the church, was it in their afterlife or was it in their next life ?
May 26, 2010 @ 02:01 PM
K BOOG

May 26, 2010 @ 03:07 PM
young idiot

sorry if this sounds really stupid, but im just fuckin confused.

them meeting at the church, was it in their afterlife or was it in their next life ?

It's not stupid, I think they left it open to interpretation. Personally, I think they were going to the afterlife. And everything we saw in the sideways was some kind of shared consciousness -- not exactly a purgatory, but close enough.

Anyway, I've got another nitpick -- if the sideways was some kinda purgatory, then does that void the explanation of the whispers? Or do you stay on the island if you can't forgive yourself enough to make it to the mainland in your mind, on the way to the afterlife?

/mindfuck
May 26, 2010 @ 05:01 PM
swla

the whispers were people who died on the island and couldnt "move on" like michael. Does anyone else think that the island was some sort of gateway to hell? There have been so many hints or what i would like to call hints to this. the DHARMA people made a map that referenced "cerebrus" activity which is the monster that guards the gates of hell. also when EKO died the last words were " i saw the devil". idk just super bored.

and btw when jack gave hurley the power to be the protector wasnt the island still sinking? the source wasnt in effect meaning that he shouldnt have actually gotten the power right? i mean the only reason they were able to kill MIB is because the source was unpluggled

swlosangeles.com

May 26, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
scarjo

May 26, 2010 @ 06:03 PM
Homeless

May 26, 2010 @ 06:18 PM
young idiot

and btw when jack gave hurley the power to be the protector wasnt the island still sinking? the source wasnt in effect meaning that he shouldnt have actually gotten the power right? i mean the only reason they were able to kill MIB is because the source was unpluggled

There was a lot of stuff like that this season that seemed like lazy writing. I liked the finale, but why even include all that stuff if they're not gonna do anything with it -- or worse, if it's not even gonna be logical within the show itself?

I mean, they had three years to plan for this. Even if you take out the time during the season when they would be writing and filming simultaneously for different episodes, they had the off-season to at least come up with a framework. The idea of the show definitively saying there is life after death is enough of something to ponder on, without all these other mysteries, and nonsensical plotlines.

But stuff like that is why Lost will never be on the same level as The Wire. But then, Lost was more important as a show than The Wire was.
May 26, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
frrresh

found out on the season 6 dvd's there is gonna be 12-14 minutes of hurley and ben becoming number 1 & 2...they couldn't fit it in the 2.5 hours so theres gonna be a shit ton of extra stuff.

cheers
May 27, 2010 @ 03:03 AM
swla

a writeup from a writer at BAD ROBOT:

Good stuff on here! I can finally throw in my two cents! I've had to bite my tongue for far too long. Also, hopefully I can answer some of John's questions about Dharma and the "pointless breadcrumbs" that really, weren't so pointless ...
First ...
The Island:
It was real. Everything that happened on the island that we saw throughout the 6 seasons was real. Forget the final image of the plane crash, it was put in purposely to f*&k with people's heads and show how far the show had come. They really crashed. They really survived. They really discovered Dharma and the Others. The Island keeps the balance of good and evil in the world. It always has and always will perform that role. And the Island will always need a "Protector".

Jacob wasn't the first, Hurley won't be the last. However, Jacob had to deal with a malevolent force (MIB) that his mother, nor Hurley had to deal with. He created the devil and had to find a way to kill him

swlosangeles.com

May 27, 2010 @ 07:14 AM
daaangster

anyone know where i can find an HD torrent of the finale?
May 27, 2010 @ 09:36 AM
DJ_Skye

This pretty much sums up lost cool

ww. youtube.com/watch?v=G-DShnvNNv0&feature=related
May 27, 2010 @ 10:23 AM
K BOOG

^^^^^great write-up. Makes a lot of sense. Anxious to hear what he has to say about the 'sideways' world. Really anxious.
July 5, 2010 @ 05:34 PM
young idiot

I really really really really want that failsafe key/necklace thing that they're selling at the LOST auction this summer. I wonder how high the price will get to?
July 6, 2010 @ 06:09 PM
frrresh

any of you guys gonna buy the complete collection?? I want to but having seasons 1-5 already on dvd...theres really no point...thing is that from what I have heard...theres a lot of extra shit with the whole collection.

cheers
July 6, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
swla

im thinkin about gettin the bluray one. i only have season1 on dvd and i really 'want' the whole collection

swlosangeles.com

July 12, 2010 @ 07:14 AM
owenleelife

LOST=my favorite. the greatest TV-show in history. Love it.
July 12, 2010 @ 08:29 AM
J THRILLAH

I woke up this morning, thinking, "..hey, they never solved that on Lost!"

Insta: @jthrillah

July 14, 2010 @ 12:18 AM
frrresh

been having lost withdrawal a lot lately. I really wanna go to oahu to check out some of the filming spots. Who else is gonna drop 2 hundo for the complete set...i saw a sneak preview of some of the bonus shit and there was a lot of behind the scenes from the pilot that they kept so i prolly will splurge on it haha.

cheers
July 14, 2010 @ 12:29 AM
young idiot

i'll definitely get this at some point. everyone that i know that doesn't watch lost, i want them to see it at least once in their lives. them videos they were doing right before the finale, about how it defined an era in television -- hit the nail on the head. i definitely feel like lost had a huge impact on tv.
July 15, 2010 @ 01:05 AM
frrresh

It will always be my all time favorite show ever..there wont ever be anything that could top lost. What the fuck did we watch before lost is what i wanna know haha. Like the actors have said if you have a discussion about television in 20 years and look back on what there was...you absolutely have to mention lost...i think it changed tv forever personally...

cheers

Please login first to reply.