Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
May 23, 2010 @ 10:54 PM
line-one

Just thought things over and I think this is what actually happened. Everything that happened on the island was real, as Christian pointed out.

They were not dead from the plane crash. They all died at different times after wards (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Frank, Richard). Hell they could have died on the Ajira plane for all we know.

The alternative reality (sideway flash) was purgatory. It was a place for them to gather before they could move on, hence why there were details that deviated from the original time line before they boarded Oceanic 815.

At some point, Hugo and Ben die on the island as well. That's why he said he was a good #2 and vice versa. I really doubt Hugo ever got immortality, since Jack never enchanted the water with magical words or whatever Jacob did.

That's my take on it.

Thats was my original thought and im leaning more and more towards it. Im still not sure though. The last scene after the final Lost of the crashed plane with nobody around just one set of footprints makes me wonder if they did all die in the flight.

and yeah i would have liked to know about the island really more about the statue I know Jacob said visitors built it and all but i want more.
May 23, 2010 @ 10:55 PM
scarjo

Just thought things over and I think this is what actually happened. Everything that happened on the island was real, as Christian pointed out.

They were not dead from the plane crash. They all died at different times after wards (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Frank, Richard). Hell they could have died on the Ajira plane for all we know.

The alternative reality (sideway flash) was purgatory. It was a place for them to gather before they could move on, hence why there were details that deviated from the original time line before they boarded Oceanic 815.

At some point, Hugo and Ben die on the island as well. That's why he said he was a good #2 and vice versa. I really doubt Hugo ever got immortality, since Jack never enchanted the water with magical words or whatever Jacob did.

That's my take on it.

yeah this is pretty much it.
May 23, 2010 @ 10:57 PM
K BOOG

[B]They were not dead from the plane crash. They all died at different times after wards (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Frank, Richard). Hell they could have died on the Ajira plane for all we know.

The alternative reality (sideway flash) was purgatory. It was a place for them to gather before they could move on, hence why there were details that deviated from the original time line before they boarded Oceanic 815.[/B]

That's my take on it.

yeah, true. Good thinking. Christian said 'you needed them and they needed you to move on'...'everything was real'....'some died before, some died after'....

but I'm still confused.
May 23, 2010 @ 10:58 PM
bobby

So the sideways universe all season never really existed? I dont get it. Why did Locke say to him he didn't have a son? Was this world just imaginary all season? Were they only off the island in his mind? I dont get it.

supposedly, none of this ever really existed. 6 years of everyone finding themselves bruh cool
May 23, 2010 @ 10:59 PM
chill.

I guess they can't really answer all these questions or else it would take away from being Lost. The writers probably wanted to answer just enough to allow the fans to interpret wtf just went down haha.
May 23, 2010 @ 10:59 PM
Drebrooklyn

we can all take what we want from the ending but this is bs...when will a series ever end and not put people through this analysis bs
May 23, 2010 @ 11:01 PM
bobby

hopefully they'll clear some stuff up on jimmy kimmel(sp), since the season is over i don't see any reason they wouldn't be able to answer questions
May 23, 2010 @ 11:02 PM
Striker

im speechless, im still in shock, and still gotta collect myself.
May 23, 2010 @ 11:03 PM
K BOOG

supposedly, none of this ever really existed. 6 years of everyone finding themselves bruh cool

yeah, I get that. But the timeline/flash forward shit has be bugging.
May 23, 2010 @ 11:06 PM
Striker

dat jimmy kimmel. cool
May 23, 2010 @ 11:15 PM
J THRILLLAH

The plane taking off was like E.T. in Elliot's bike.

May 23, 2010 @ 11:20 PM
AlphaTrion

[B]They were not dead from the plane crash.
They all died at different times after wards (Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Frank, Richard). Hell they could have died on the Ajira plane for all we know.

At some point, Hugo and Ben die on the island as well. That's why he said he was a good #2 and vice versa.

[/B]

100% Agree. Everything that happened was real. The sideways flash was the "purgatory" if you wanna call it that...but everything that happened in the previous 5 seasons and in the "island Present" of season 6 was all real.

Christian said "Some of them died before you, some of them died long after." Meaning Hugo, Lapidas, kate, sawyer, ben, etc. all lived long lives after the island but once everyone was dead they met in the sideways flash so they could move on together. My question is why some stayed behind in purgatory? Like Ben, Ana-lucia, Ethan and a few other of those background characters.

Also...WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WITH WALT? They were making such a big deal out of him for the first 3 seasons...he's got special powers, he means so much to the island, gets "tested" by the others then for the last two seasons all we get is

"Hey John"
"Hey Walt"
"Later."
May 23, 2010 @ 11:28 PM
frrresh

also anyone notice the shoe on the tree/bamboo at the end?? I think overall there are different ways you can look at the ending...there isn't just one right specific answer...and i always thought LOST would stand for something but i guess not....but i think overall the show was about people who were living pathetic and bad lives and who were also "LOST" got put together so that they could have a purpose so to speak and so that they could all move on,etc...but of coarse there are some loose ends and we are left unanswered on some things.

cheers
May 23, 2010 @ 11:45 PM
line-one

they said that walt was hard to write in because the actor was so young at first that he has gone through so many changes they cant film flash backs or sideways with him, and he aged 6 years wile time in the show was only 3ish. But they had built him up so much making him seam so special and then nothing.
May 24, 2010 @ 12:19 AM
frrresh

kinda got a theory about everything now....everything that happened on the island was real....but the whole sideways flashes...everyone was dead...they created a place where they could all meet when they all died...whole bit about locke telling jack he didn't have a son was true...jack, ben and hugo stayed on the island...hugo & ben and possibly des. longer to protect it and whatnot but jack died when his eye shut.

cheers

ps-this is gonna bug me for a couple weeks for sure....also whole jimmy kimmel special was a waste of time...haha i actually thought there would be legit alt. endings..

cheers
May 24, 2010 @ 12:32 AM
frrresh

also to add....and so i guess when they do die they cant remember shit all about their life so the little flashes sort of "refresh" their memories so they can all meet up...with the help of desmond being the constant.
May 24, 2010 @ 01:03 AM
BH88

any someone post links to watch last episode... thanks !!
May 24, 2010 @ 01:34 AM
metalslug

Yup, I'm with Potsnu. They all died on the Island at different times, and the alternate reality was a meeting place so that they could all move on together.

christian shepherd even said that. the island was real and all of it did occur but they died at different times. they just created the alt timeline to find each other when everyone was ready.
May 24, 2010 @ 01:35 AM
frrresh

damn just watched it again....it was a pretty fuckin touching ending...that music gets me every time. I can see why damon and carlton are laying low for a while to let the fans really think about the show and all but I'm sure at some point they are gonna do some sort of a q&a.
May 24, 2010 @ 01:37 AM
metalslug

did anyone catch how they moved the tree off ben? i think i missed that
May 24, 2010 @ 01:53 AM
frrresh

^yeah ben had super tree moving arms...anyone here bidding on the auction this summer....some of the stuff looks cool but you know the $ is for sure goin to pay back all the money they borrowed from abc.
May 24, 2010 @ 02:33 AM
auszero

100% Agree. Everything that happened was real. The sideways flash was the "purgatory" if you wanna call it that...but everything that happened in the previous 5 seasons and in the "island Present" of season 6 was all real.

Christian said "Some of them died before you, some of them died long after." Meaning Hugo, Lapidas, kate, sawyer, ben, etc. all lived long lives after the island but once everyone was dead they met in the sideways flash so they could move on together. My question is why some stayed behind in purgatory? Like Ben, Ana-lucia, Ethan and a few other of those background characters.

Also...WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WITH WALT? They were making such a big deal out of him for the first 3 seasons...he's got special powers, he means so much to the island, gets "tested" by the others then for the last two seasons all we get is

"Hey John"
"Hey Walt"
"Later."

I think the notion of the sideways flash being purgatory is misleading. Christian Sheppard said that they created that place. So it started in the 70's when they detonated the bomb at the Dharma station. I would imagine they picked that time as it was before the likes of Juliet came to the island. I also feel it followed Jack because he was always the one who had the most trouble letting go.

As for the others they weren't part of this created meeting spot as none of them had strong connections with the core cast, and thats why they were only brief characters. Ben had more to contemplate and come to terms with as he murdered a lot of people. I did think it was weird to not at least see Michael there.
May 24, 2010 @ 02:50 AM
young idiot

That was probably the most satisfying ending to a series I've ever seen. I've never been more scared than when Locke threatened to kill Rose & Bernard.

Only thing I had a problem with is that Desmond being special was explained poorly, I thought. The show drifts from sci-fi to fantasy too often, and it overcomplicates things.

But why did they have to move on from purgatory? Jack in particular had a good fucking life (a son!), and I feel like Desmond fucked it up for everyone for no apparent reason. It didn't have any effect on what happened on-island.

Also: Jack fly jumping Locke has to be the best thing ever.
May 24, 2010 @ 04:47 AM
rUmmeh

Yo what the fuck is MIB's name? I missed that...
May 24, 2010 @ 05:25 AM
DJ_Skye

Yo what the fuck is MIB's name? I missed that...

like alot of other question . . . they didnt answer that
May 24, 2010 @ 05:26 AM
dalek

So... What the fuck was the point of the show? What was the point of the MIB? We never find out why they're protecting the island. "We'll all die." "Something bad will happen to all of us."

This was so disappointing.

There are a million questions left unanswered. The Flocke/Jack "fight" was so anti-climatic. I didn't give a fuck if Lapidus/Myles/Alpert got off the island.
May 24, 2010 @ 05:28 AM
dalek

MIBs name was likely Esau, if we're going with the whole bible thing.
May 24, 2010 @ 05:31 AM
rUmmeh

Oh I thought it was mentioned because people a few pages back said it was in this episode. TROLLED.

Was anyone else expecting Keanu Reeves to show up after the light and be like "I know Kung Fu", then Morpheus walks in and goes "Show me". LOST.
May 24, 2010 @ 05:46 AM
young idiot

I don't think they're hiding the name from us; it's like that in the show as well. It's not unheard of in some cultures for certain people to not have given names. I mean, does anyone ever ask what Jacob's last name is?
May 24, 2010 @ 05:53 AM
dalek

Honestly... I feel like nothing makes sense in this show. I have a million unanswered questions. And I bet if I went back and watched the whole series again, I'd have a million new unanswered questions.

Please login first to reply.