Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 31, 2010 @ 11:45 PM
daaangster

January 31, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
frrresh

^bingo....fuck ive prolly watched it like 30 times now.

cheers
February 1, 2010 @ 08:51 AM
JRacing

lol, i had to sit tru desperate housewives to watch that trailer, AWSOME!! only 1 more day.
February 2, 2010 @ 11:48 PM
sellme

Hmmm, the smoke monster is Lock? I remember when the smoke monster killed Mr echo, i paused it ( dvd) and you could see all sorts of people inside the smoke...So i think the smoke monster has a pretty deep meaning.

The fuck are you talking about? The smoke monster is the dude in the black shirt who was sitting with Jacob on the beach. We don't know his name yet.
February 3, 2010 @ 01:43 AM
frrresh

The smoke monster is jacobs nemesis as people are calling who is disguising himself as locke...people are callin him flocke...fake locke. Apparently the man in black aka MIB his name is esau...which is in the bible or some shit....anyways what you guys think of the premier??? Pretty fuckin sweet in my opinion...im back in lost mode for real...tuesdays from now til may will be sick....after that i dunno what im gonna do...am i the only one who like looks super forward to this show...and like my school work goes downhill like shit when lost is on....its like a drug.haha

cheers
February 3, 2010 @ 02:08 AM
young idiot

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that was insane
February 3, 2010 @ 02:47 PM
JRacing

It was awsome, i'm not reading anymore spoilers, they kinda ruined the premier since i had an idea what was going to happen.

I'm also glad that their won't be any breaks between episodes, also the series finale is scheduled May 23 a sunday night.
February 3, 2010 @ 05:53 PM
K BOOG

I dont know. I really dont like the idea of after ALL that time on the island there is a temple right in the middle of it with a whole other group of people on it yet they have neve been seen/discussed before. Didn't want to have to learn about another group of people and all that type of shit. all I want are ANSWERS. Dont know why they brought Juliet back just to say 'it worked', obviously talking about the bomb. But if 'it worked' why are they still there? And the scenes on the plane I believe is what happens/happend if they didn't crash. That's how their lives would have played out. If that's the case, why was Desmond on the plane sitting next to Jack? Wouldn't he still be in the hatch hitting the code? Uhhh I WANT ANSWERS!! Im pissed. Instead of answers I have to find out about this temple and all these people and who they are and what they're about.
February 3, 2010 @ 06:35 PM
Striker

I dont know. I really dont like the idea of after ALL that time on the island there is a temple right in the middle of it with a whole other group of people on it yet they have neve been seen/discussed before. Didn't want to have to learn about another group of people and all that type of shit. all I want are ANSWERS. Dont know why they brought Juliet back just to say 'it worked', obviously talking about the bomb. But if 'it worked' why are they still there? And the scenes on the plane I believe is what happens/happend if they didn't crash. That's how their lives would have played out. If that's the case, why was Desmond on the plane sitting next to Jack? Wouldn't he still be in the hatch hitting the code? Uhhh I WANT ANSWERS!! Im pissed. Instead of answers I have to find out about this temple and all these people and who they are and what they're about.

Kinda agree here,
Desmond was supposed to be on the island after getting shipwrecked.
The temple no being seen till now, uhh I agree there too, and the Japanese dude, NOW he shows up.
And the man in black, he is the smoke monster and fake locke.
February 3, 2010 @ 07:02 PM
604_mike

The fuck are you talking about? The smoke monster is the dude in the black shirt who was sitting with Jacob on the beach. We don't know his name yet.

Yeah, I dunno what the fuck I was thinking. I had just packed a bowl so I guess I forgot that the fake locke was that dude that they showed having the convo with Jacob on the beach WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back when that pirate ship was coming to the island...But there has to be more to it than " The new Locke is the black monster." Thats weak imo. But for real 2-3 seasons ago when the black smoke killed Mr echo, I paused it and you can see all sorts of people within the smoke...maybe it's the souls of the people the smoke has claimed or some shit.

I can't help but feel the island has some sort of hell vs heaven type shit. Least thats what I get from it, ever since Jack's dad said they were in hell, I can't help but think in some wierd way he's sort of right? Also, im gonna make a guess that the statue represents Jacob or this nemisis dude. Like theyre gods who are on this Island or somethin....

Also, does part of any of you not want to know the answers? I know that I enjoy the show mostly because Im always wondering why/what next? If things gets anwered...im nervous I might not like it as much.lol.
February 3, 2010 @ 11:08 PM
young idiot

I think they showed that they could answer stuff without making it unsatisfying. I mean, the fact that they showed -- not explicitly -- that Not!Locke was the Monster, without him having to say "I am the Monster" is such a good thing about this show. They really believe in their audience.

I mean, we didn't even get any title cards saying, "in an alternate reality" -- we just go straight from the previouslies to what happens when the h-bomb going off makes it so that 815 never crashed.

With regards to the Desmond thing, part of me thought he wasn't really there, but really I just think that there ARE gonna be changes to these people's lives if their paths never lead to the island. For example, I bet Hugo never uses those particular numbers to win the lottery -- so he's the luckiest guy alive. Boone not getting Shannon was probably a back-up plan to the actress not returning to the show. But other changes, like Jack being nervous instead of Rose, Jin & Sun not being married (I don't think I saw rings).

It's like that episode of Futurama where there's like an infinite amount of realities, one with a gold Bender, a smart Fry, and so on.

That was definitely up there with the season 3 finale as one of the best episodes of Lost, EVER. If not, at least the best premiere.

ETA: Yep, the lady asking Sun to admit she speaks english addresses her as Paik -- not Kwon.

Oh, shit, did anyone notice Sayid's voice being different at the end?
February 4, 2010 @ 12:40 AM
eeyo

I don't think there will ever be a show as awesome as lost.

2% discount of total amount if you spend $100 on DVDBESTONLINE.COM
February 4, 2010 @ 10:11 PM
604_mike

I think they showed that they could answer stuff without making it unsatisfying. I mean, the fact that they showed -- not explicitly -- that Not!Locke was the Monster, without him having to say "I am the Monster" is such a good thing about this show. They really believe in their audience.

I mean, we didn't even get any title cards saying, "in an alternate reality" -- we just go straight from the previouslies to what happens when the h-bomb going off makes it so that 815 never crashed.

With regards to the Desmond thing, part of me thought he wasn't really there, but really I just think that there ARE gonna be changes to these people's lives if their paths never lead to the island. For example, I bet Hugo never uses those particular numbers to win the lottery -- so he's the luckiest guy alive. Boone not getting Shannon was probably a back-up plan to the actress not returning to the show. But other changes, like Jack being nervous instead of Rose, Jin & Sun not being married (I don't think I saw rings).

It's like that episode of Futurama where there's like an infinite amount of realities, one with a gold Bender, a smart Fry, and so on.

That was definitely up there with the season 3 finale as one of the best episodes of Lost, EVER. If not, at least the best premiere.

ETA: Yep, the lady asking Sun to admit she speaks english addresses her as Paik -- not Kwon.

Oh, shit, did anyone notice Sayid's voice being different at the end?

Some good points...Im really intersted in the lifes of the Lost crew if they dont crash...so many possibilities. Didn't Hugo tell some guy at the beginning of the flight that he won the lottery and thats how he owns the chicken chain?

It would make sense that Desmond wouldnt be on the island though, if Charles Whitmore's life is altered because of the bomb, he may never come in to contact with Penelope or Charles...so he will never boat around the world and crash on the island. BAM.

All I know is I cant wait till Tues.
February 5, 2010 @ 12:22 PM
GOSTBRAND

You know how the smoke monster took the body of Locke, does anyone think it is possible that Jacob is taking the body of Sayid? Jacob told them they HAD to take Sayid to the temple and assured them there would be major consequences if they didn't. The smoke monster took over Locke's dead body and it is likely that Jacob (or someone?confused was using Christian's dead body before that.
February 5, 2010 @ 01:30 PM
young idiot

Why would he not continue to use Christian's body? I mean, you'cve got a point about the idea of Jacob using someone else's body. He touched Hugo, Sayid, Jin & Sun as adults -- and Jack, Kate & James as grown ups. This could be why, going back to him surveying Sayid's body.

But I dunno. I was thinking the consequences were like when Ben got healed there last season, like he might lose his innocence or whatever. But Sayid hasn't been innocent for a long time.
February 5, 2010 @ 03:31 PM
GOSTBRAND

Yeah, I'm not sure. Like everything with Lost each answer seems to bring a hundred more questions. But, when the smoke monster killed Jacob he needed a new "host" and Locke's body happened to be available on the island.
February 5, 2010 @ 04:16 PM
WojieWorldPeace

They might as well change the time slot to go on after Days of our lives, because this show has turned into a day time soap.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

February 5, 2010 @ 04:32 PM
Potsnu

The one thing I still want to know is whether Christian Shepard was the smoke monster or not and why wasn't he used as the loophole to kill Jacob. Then again and maybe I'm over thinking this, perhaps Christian was indeed the smoke monster and the intent was to get Locke to turn the wheel so that he would end up back in the real world in order for him to die and return as a corpse. Locke is much more persuasive in getting someone to kill Jacob than Christian.

Thoughts?

Btw I just have this feeling that Rousseau may still be alive.
February 5, 2010 @ 04:55 PM
GOSTBRAND

The lady from the airplane (Australian flight attendant) was at the Temple and she said (about the survivors), "they were from the first flight." Everyone thinks that the survivors on the airplane are in an alternate (parallel) reality, but maybe the survivors on the island are too (or instead).
February 5, 2010 @ 05:37 PM
frrresh

apparently the man in black aka flocke ...his main enemy isn't jacob...its someone else apparently..
February 5, 2010 @ 05:59 PM
young idiot

The lady from the airplane (Australian flight attendant) was at the Temple and she said (about the survivors), "they were from the first flight." Everyone thinks that the survivors on the airplane are in an alternate (parallel) reality, but maybe the survivors on the island are too (or instead).

I think they mean first as opposed to the second ajira flight. If the alternate realities mix, then they're, by definition, NOT alternate realities. That would fuck me up, and I'm sure that's not where they're going with this.

Potsnu -- that is a good point. The reasoning behind using Locke rather than anyone else. I suppose certain things -- like Alex dying, or the Monster escaping from the cabin, or Locke being special enough to hear him calling for help -- had to happen before the plan could take effect.

Also, how could the monster's enemy not be Jacob? He went to all that trouble to kill him, and wasn't even content with just that. He had to kick his barely alive body into a fire. That was fucking personal. I just wanna know what he meant when he said he wanted to go home. Where is home for an amorphous pillar of black smoke?
February 5, 2010 @ 11:44 PM
frrresh

who knows...maybe the man in blacks real enemy is jack or like one of those dudes in the temple...maybe even richard...apparently in the next few ep's theres gonna be more answers.

cheers
February 6, 2010 @ 12:36 AM
GOSTBRAND

Don't know if you guys follow Lostpedia, but they go DEEP. Here is the link to the review (breakdown) of the latest episode:

blog.lostpedia.com/2010/02/6x01-la-x-parts-1-2-review.html

It's great at helping you keep the staggering amount of Lost "facts" and information all in order.
February 6, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
Potsnu

Perhaps when the man in black refers to going home, he means the real world. That's assuming they weren't indigenous to the island. Jacob could get on and off the island at will, perhaps the man in black couldn't since the entire island probably has a boundary he can't cross? That's my guess. The temple probably keeps him at bay, which is why they are trying to defend it.

In regards to Richard, I'm pretty sure he was a slave on the Black Rock which reinforces why the man in black despises him so much since Jacob obviously looked after him all these years and was the one who brought them to the island. That would explain the comment about Richard in chains and why the Black Rock was shown coming to the island during their talk.
February 7, 2010 @ 09:09 AM
shakintheD

Is it worth watching season 3 til the end? I stopped watching after season 2 a long time ago since it was getting stupider
February 7, 2010 @ 10:39 AM
young idiot

DEFINITELY worth it. Season 3 gets a lot of hate for the scheduling, but it's the season where we get a lot of real answers about the others. And it's just very good in general.

But it depends on what you mean by your reasoning for not watching it anymore. By stupider, do you mean more outlandish? Because that doesn't stop. But I guess some people didn't sign up for that show when they noticed A POLAR BEAR ON AN ISLAND IN THE SOUTH PACIFIC OCEAN COUPLED WITH A FUCKING UNSEEN MONSTER. IN THE PILOT!
February 7, 2010 @ 02:05 PM
Hybrid Moments

I hate when people complain about how they stopped watching after season 2 cuz it "sucks" how it got "over the top". Like it wasn't over the top since season 1?? Take it for what it is, and by that I mean the best show ever created. Don't hate the shit cuz you can't wrap your puny minds around it.

Go watch Family Guy or some shit.
February 7, 2010 @ 03:04 PM
late for dinner

^ word

this shows sick on so many levels. its a shame it takes a pretty deep investment to really get the whole experience. cant wait for tuesday
February 7, 2010 @ 03:43 PM
todrunk2walk

first ep of seaons 6 was BONKERS
February 7, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
Striker

You know how the smoke monster took the body of Locke, does anyone think it is possible that Jacob is taking the body of Sayid? Jacob told them they HAD to take Sayid to the temple and assured them there would be major consequences if they didn't. The smoke monster took over Locke's dead body and it is likely that Jacob (or someone?confused was using Christian's dead body before that.

Na dude, smoke monster didn't posess locked body, locke stood dead. The smoke monster just took his form, and the monster also scans peoples memories, like with eko.

Now Jacob possessing sayid, I'm down or that theory.

Please login first to reply.