May 14, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
I Love Nikes

which shows better
heroes or lost?
havent seen any episodes of lost yet
May 14, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
W33ZY

fianle was weak. especially the end wtf!? just juliette bangin on the bomb? and we arent even sure if it went off...it just went all white and that was the end. jacob was dope though! Why did he ahve to die? lol
May 14, 2009 @ 07:38 PM
sellme

weak?? Are you kidding me, that shit was amazing.

Jacob was a motha fuckin baws.

Edit: Oh and in the scene with Jacob and black shirt dude, Jacob was cookin up a red herring. har har
May 14, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
*ER!C

Yeah now that I see Taweret (thanks Eric) it looks to be a statue of that deity. It does play into a lot of the birthing mythos of the show as well.

Oh & if things in LOST world are as they have been the 'other' that is seen w/ Jacob in the beginning, who finds 'the loophole' to kill him, seems to be (betting good money on this) Esau the biblical brother to Jacob.

lol np my nig...and yea that Esau and Jacob thing makes alot of sense
and to the dude that thinks Jacob is dead, they wouldnt kill of someone as important as him after 1 episode..that n*gga is definitely still alive
May 14, 2009 @ 08:49 PM
mYslead

which shows better
heroes or lost?

lol @ heroes ... really.
May 14, 2009 @ 08:52 PM
Potsnu

which shows better
heroes or lost?

Hereos has gone downhill during Season 2. Same old bullshit, Sylar never dies, etc.

fianle was weak. especially the end wtf!? just juliette bangin on the bomb? and we arent even sure if it went off...it just went all white and that was the end. jacob was dope though! Why did he ahve to die? lol

Weak? Are you insane? Every one of their finales have been awesome. Always giving you some answers, while giving you more questions.

I hope no one compares this to religion, always a pet peeve of mine. The same way when people say The Matrix was about religion.

I have a few ideas about Locke right now. I don't think Locke was always the person at the beginning of the finale, the guy in black wanting to kill Jacob. I think Locke became a vessel for him when he died and was brought back to the island. Hence his body being outside the statue, while he was inside the foot.

There is also a strong possibility that Locke is the smoke monster manipulating himself into an image, the same way he became Ben's daughter, Christian Sheppard, and Mr. Ecko's brother.
May 14, 2009 @ 09:31 PM
*ER!C

due to the introduction of the guy that wants to kill jacob, i think that he has been on the island the whole time (smoke monster)...i started to believe this because when ben was in the temple( i think thats where it was) his daughter said that he had to do everything Locke wanted...I think that he did this because that would be the only way Ben would kill Jacob....I also believe that he is the smoke monster because in the beginning of the finale Jacob said to him "I'm guessing the reason you're here is because of the ship" as if he is never by that part of the island which made me think he lives in the temple on the other side of the island where the smoke monster lives. Also it seemed like he didn't want people coming to the island as if he wanted to defend it from people which also made me believe this as the smoke monster is a "defense system".
idk maybe im lookin into this too much
any ideas?
May 14, 2009 @ 09:54 PM
I Love Nikes

mmm i think ima start watching this then
sounds interesting
May 15, 2009 @ 04:46 AM
tomoffin

holy shit. that double episode was the best thing in television since the season 3 finale, through the looking glass. simply brilliant.

So many WTF moments and so many questions. So Locke is indeed dead and we can suppose that the man in black (from the first scene) was in his body. But what if it was the same dude being in Jacob's form who was visiting all the lost folks in the flashbacks. If he wasn't able to kill Jacob himself, he needed some mortals to do it. So did the man in black orchestrate everything that has happened. And which one is the bad one, Jacob or the man in black? And WTF are they, gods, angels?!!? So lost right now.

Also, was it because of Juliet exploding the bomb that the original incident happened or did she manage to reset everything. And WTF was up with the Lost logo in the end, it was different this time, maybe a sign that everything will change in season 6 or something.

Cant think right now. Crazy episode. So many months to wait.sad
May 15, 2009 @ 07:15 AM
dick_grayson

due to the introduction of the guy that wants to kill jacob, i think that he has been on the island the whole time (smoke monster)...i started to believe this because when ben was in the temple( i think thats where it was) his daughter said that he had to do everything Locke wanted...I think that he did this because that would be the only way Ben would kill Jacob....I also believe that he is the smoke monster because in the beginning of the finale Jacob said to him "I'm guessing the reason you're here is because of the ship" as if he is never by that part of the island which made me think he lives in the temple on the other side of the island where the smoke monster lives. Also it seemed like he didn't want people coming to the island as if he wanted to defend it from people which also made me believe this as the smoke monster is a "defense system".
idk maybe im lookin into this too much
any ideas?

I know Damon & Carlton (exec producers) have stated many times how much the Stand by Steven King has played a large role in the series so Esau is very well 'The Man in Black' (if anyone knows the Stand or even Dark Tower, you'll know what I'm referring to)
I don't think that the smoke monster necessarily took the form of Locke, why now would it do that? The smoke monster seems more of a morality compass, if you're good & intentions are right & you can be saved then yeah it probably wont kill you. This isn't to say that 'The Man in Black' doesn't have control over the smoke monster, I just don't see why he wouldn't have used the body of Christian Shepard to kill Jacob, that's all.
& totally 'The Man in Black' did not want peeps on the island because he seems to know the woes of man & how they will fight & kill & it's an endless cycle of death. Where as Jacob wants to keep believing in them & that they will be good once.

to I love Nikes, you're really gonna start watching now? After reading the most recent posts? That looses a lot on the drama & mystery of the show already. Not hating on you just warning you that a lot of the magic is sorta gone now.
May 15, 2009 @ 08:57 AM
tomoffin

^In relation to references from literature in Lost, it's getting clearer and clearer each episode how much this series has borrowed from the Watchmen by Alan Moore. The complex characters and the changing timelines. I think that Damon said in an interview that the Watchmen has been one of the most important influences to Lost.

Gotta watch the season finale again. Thank god there's still one more season to go, it will be a sad day to television when Lost ends.
May 15, 2009 @ 04:45 PM
sellme

I hope no one compares this to religion, always a pet peeve of mine. The same way when people say The Matrix was about religion.

The biblical Jacob/Essau references from the OT are undeniable dude..
May 15, 2009 @ 05:28 PM
JStorm803

I had a feeling it was a biblical reference in some sort of way, but the episode was dope.

"I keep myself so lifted I'm accustom to new heights."

May 15, 2009 @ 07:24 PM
dick_grayson

Variable
some new developments:

darkufo.blogspot.com/

read specifically 'Things I Noticed - The Incident'

The Jacob scenes were all good, but the most vital one by far was his visit with Hurley. Here, Jacob takes the time to actually speak with Hugo. He convinces him that he's not crazy, which is all-important to getting Hurley back on the plane. It's probably the one thing he needed to hear, and leaving him that guitar case to remind him of Charlie was probably another great motivator in Hugo boarding that flight. What's in it is another story.

I believe Hurley is the most special character on LOST when it comes to ultimately changing the game. He's the dark man's nightmare: someone who's totally above judgment. Hugo is the one pure, good, innocent and untarnished person lost in a sea of people who did some really bad shit. Nothing can ever corrupt him: not even the tremendous amounts of money or power associated with winning the lottery. Hugo's untouchable, and Jacob knows it. He allows Hurley make his own decision, and his decision was to come back to the island.
May 15, 2009 @ 08:09 PM
DREWKKAKE

yeah we know hurley has a large importance to the show. But what we see is both jacob manipulating and just visiting the people to check up on them.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

May 17, 2009 @ 01:38 AM
SantoAngelo

I always thought Desmond had a huge role, but I think the islands finally done with him. Same with Walt, they hype that kid to be the second coming.

I think we have closure on Walt, Desmond, Bernard & his wife, and the dog.
May 17, 2009 @ 03:13 AM
*ER!C

na...i think walt and the dog are still important in some way....we just gotta wait and see but i agree with u on desmond that nig is finished
May 17, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
peabe

especially after the sexual harassment case
May 18, 2009 @ 07:48 AM
Shaun

Today is catch up day. 1 plus a double episode behind.
May 18, 2009 @ 03:27 PM
Theo Zissou

My theory on where the next season goes. well at least starts smile I'll white out in case it ends up true and spoiler'ish razz

What happened, happened. So they didn't change anything with the setting off of the bomb. Juliet really did die down there. When Jacob said they are coming. I think he's referring to the people he touched. Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Jin, and Sayid. When the bomb went off those people were sent from the 70's to 2007. I'm wondering if anything will be said about miles though, he wasn't shown to be touched(at least not yet). so he could of died in the blast or remained in the 70's. Anyways those originals now back in there own time will either join or fight against Locke's impersonator. hey? smile
May 20, 2009 @ 09:45 PM
kobe4318

Huge LOST fan
My thoughts...
1. The show is NOT done with either Walt or Desmond (especially Walt, ever since that episode in season 1 called "special" {the walt centric episode} i just think he has a major part to play still). Ms. Hawking said that the Island isnt done with Desmond so I assume he'll either go back willingly or be forced back
2. 1977 Losties will wind up in 2007 somehow
3. Season 6 will focus on the "good vs evil/ black vs white" theme that has been focused on throughout the show
Can't wait til Jan. 2010!
May 25, 2009 @ 08:50 AM
Shaun

After damn near 5 seasons without missing a single episode I've actually lost interest now, just to much unravelling still going on for my liking, I'm no longer in suspense...maybe I'll watch the last couple episodes of S5 & S6 in a couple years or something. sad
May 25, 2009 @ 01:12 PM
mYslead

I always thought Desmond had a huge role, but I think the islands finally done with him. Same with Walt, they hype that kid to be the second coming.

I think we have closure on Walt, Desmond, Bernard & his wife, and the dog.

I think they still are, all of them, keeping them under wrap for the big finale.
May 28, 2009 @ 10:26 PM
pattyc

Just started watching this show, fucking awesome so far.
June 14, 2009 @ 08:26 PM
Theo Zissou

Yeah they may be done with Rose and Bernard. I'm pretty sure we are going to see Walt and Vincent again. I bet Vincent is going to be in the series finale razz
June 30, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
Affinity

It's actually a quite interesting concept but they are milking it so bad, I gave up after watching the first season (which was pretty mediocre).
August 17, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
daaangster

bump

any news on season 6 coming out next year?
August 18, 2009 @ 03:56 AM
tomoffin

bump

any news on season 6 coming out next year?

I think it premieres next February.

I've tried not to think about Lost since S5 ended, I will just get pissed of about the long wait till it starts again.
August 18, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
daaangster

yeah i know. i seriously cant wait to see ohw it all ends.
August 18, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
young idiot

Yeah, so this was revealed a little while ago, but it's not posted here, so...

The title of the final, sixth, season premiere is:

"LA X". (The spacing is deliberate, apparently).

Please login first to reply.