Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
November 28, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
NZOO

Finale predictions are too much..

Don't badmind me.

November 28, 2012 @ 10:06 PM
Flynt Flossy

for those of you who watched both Boardwalk empire and The Walking Dead which one is more entertaining to watch?
In other words, if both shows aired at 8:00pm sunday nights at the same time which one would you watch.
November 28, 2012 @ 10:25 PM
jaded

In terms of pure entertainment, probably The Walking Dead. If you want story, character development, great acting, great characters, etc. go with Boardwalk.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 28, 2012 @ 10:33 PM
califoreigner

dvr
November 29, 2012 @ 03:41 AM
*ER!C

best part of last episode was my guy capone at the end...such a fuckin boss, goddamn!
November 29, 2012 @ 05:46 AM
99%Shit

for those of you who watched both Boardwalk empire and The Walking Dead which one is more entertaining to watch?
In other words, if both shows aired at 8:00pm sunday nights at the same time which one would you watch.

I download both at ~22:10 and watch whichever finishes first.

Boardwalk is definitely the better show though. Near 'The Wire' calibre.

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 29, 2012 @ 12:44 PM
Beach2theBay

HELL NO. Boardwalk is not even fucking with The Wire. Boardwalk is barely fucking with Sons of Anarchy. The Wire's character development, interweaving story lines, and acting is far beyond what Boardwalk could ever be. I fucks with Boardwalk Empire but NO.
November 29, 2012 @ 04:09 PM
NZOO

@beach2thebay You gonna take that back since two of the top writers from The Wire will be writing the next season of Boardwalk...

Don't badmind me.

November 29, 2012 @ 05:19 PM
Beach2theBay

Nah. Regardless of who's writing the show its too late for BE to catch up. Comparing BE to the Wire is like comparing a nice beat to a symphony. Just not in the same league.
November 29, 2012 @ 05:25 PM
NZOO

Nah. Regardless of who's writing the show its too late for BE to catch up. Comparing BE to the Wire is like comparing a nice beat to a symphony. Just not in the same league.

The Wire actually got worse compared to the first 3 seasons of it so it maybe reverse for BE. They are still both good shows, but I think BE probably going to grow into a hit like past HBO shows.

Don't badmind me.

November 29, 2012 @ 07:03 PM
99%Shit

HELL NO. Boardwalk is not even fucking with The Wire. Boardwalk is barely fucking with Sons of Anarchy. The Wire's character development, interweaving story lines, and acting is far beyond what Boardwalk could ever be. I fucks with Boardwalk Empire but NO.

Season 5 of The Wire sucked doe. Every BE season has been on point so far, we'll have to wait and see.

narsha.narsha.narsha

November 29, 2012 @ 07:57 PM
Beach2theBay

Don't get me wrong. I like Boardwalk and I've been watching since day one. It's just not on the same level as the Wire. There weren't any stars on TW because everyone was an essential part of the cast. Bubbles was just as important if not more so than Avon. I'mma stop though. I could talk about the Wire for days haha.
November 29, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
GucciTarantino

Pantic...........
December 3, 2012 @ 03:27 AM
jaded

That was a crazy finale

December 3, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
NZOO

Harrow is a problem cool it ended well imo..

Don't badmind me.

December 3, 2012 @ 04:15 AM
dieseldan

richard harrow raised hell.
December 3, 2012 @ 06:30 AM
Joseph Khur

maaaaan my nigga Harrow was quickscoping mothafuckas left and right
December 3, 2012 @ 02:35 PM
White Walls

Damn what a finale. Perfectly done. Harrow cool cool cool

Aight Season 4. Let's go.

http://nickcrockett.tumblr.com/ http://theweightless.tumblr.com/

December 3, 2012 @ 02:54 PM
99%Shit

Harrow a boss.

narsha.narsha.narsha

December 3, 2012 @ 06:57 PM
jaded

Nucky orchestrated that perfectly. So much backstabbing cool

December 3, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
White Walls

Nucky orchestrated that perfectly. So much backstabbing
THIS. My jaw was on the floor man. I thought the closing scene was dope where Nuck dropped the flower off of his suit. Still can't get over Harrow cleaning house either. His exit kind of worried me, but he'll be back in S4.

Edit: I'm sure Nucky will put two and two together and let Eli whack Mickey Doyle too, after he sold him to AR.

December 3, 2012 @ 09:04 PM
Drigguh

THIS. My jaw was on the floor man. I thought the closing scene was dope where Nuck dropped the flower off of his suit. Still can't get over Harrow cleaning house either. His exit kind of worried me, but he'll be back in S4.

Edit: I'm sure Nucky will put two and two together and let Eli whack Mickey Doyle too, after he sold him to AR.
i'm pretty sure it's implied that nucky had doyle call rothstein to take the bait....
December 3, 2012 @ 09:31 PM
jaded

Yeah, Nucky knew how to get Rothstein on his side and get rid of him once the dust settled. That distillery is owned by Andrew Mellon, Doyle was in no position to bargain with it. The idea of being the biggest bootlegger in the country enticed Rothstein, so he went to Masseria with the heroin deal on the condition that Masseria pull all support from Gyp. In exchange for arranging the deal with Masseria, Rothstein was promised 99% ownership of the distillery. Then, when Masseria's men were on their way back to New York, Chalky's men and Capone's men wiped them out. It looked like Nucky also asked Gillian to help with Gyp, but she failed. I'm sure the idea was that he'd be high on heroin and all alone, and Nucky and Eli could just walk in and kill him. The only thing left that Nucky had to do was call Gaston Means and request that Andrew Mellon report Rothstein to US Attorney Esther Randolph for bootlegging.

December 3, 2012 @ 09:39 PM
White Walls

Oh ok. Makes sense. Guess that was just wishful thinking on my part cool

December 3, 2012 @ 09:45 PM
jaded

Now that Masseria's entire crew is wiped out, I think we'll start to see the rise of Salvatore (Lucky Luciano) and Meyer next season in New York along with Capone and his crew back in Chicago. The real mafia stuff is about to get going I think.

December 3, 2012 @ 09:50 PM
White Walls

Yep. The focus has been pulling more towards them all season. Van Alden's gonna be working for Capone lmao.

December 4, 2012 @ 06:17 AM
Iggle

Yeah, Nucky knew how to get Rothstein on his side and get rid of him once the dust settled. That distillery is owned by Andrew Mellon, Doyle was in no position to bargain with it. The idea of being the biggest bootlegger in the country enticed Rothstein, so he went to Masseria with the heroin deal on the condition that Masseria pull all support from Gyp. In exchange for arranging the deal with Masseria, Rothstein was promised 99% ownership of the distillery. Then, when Masseria's men were on their way back to New York, Chalky's men and Capone's men wiped them out. It looked like Nucky also asked Gillian to help with Gyp, but she failed. I'm sure the idea was that he'd be high on heroin and all alone, and Nucky and Eli could just walk in and kill him. The only thing left that Nucky had to do was call Gaston Means and request that Andrew Mellon report Rothstein to US Attorney Esther Randolph for bootlegging.
I think everything's right except for the Gillian part. I think Gillian wanted to kill Gyp on her own. When she was talking to Nucky, I think she was in her young teenage state and was talking about how the Commodore raped her. That's why Nucky was confused about what she was talking about at first and then had that "oh god" look on his face after.

#pedogangweindis

December 4, 2012 @ 06:59 AM
Drigguh

yeah, i thought gillian was talking about when she first met the commodore
December 4, 2012 @ 07:37 AM
Replicant

i'm pretty sure it's implied that nucky had doyle call rothstein to take the bait....
There was that part where he says "big rat takes the big bait" or something like that. 

Considering Nucky wants to start from a clean slate and only keep around him the people he can trust it makes sense to me that he setup Doyle. 

December 4, 2012 @ 08:14 AM
jaded

I think everything's right except for the Gillian part. I think Gillian wanted to kill Gyp on her own. When she was talking to Nucky, I think she was in her young teenage state and was talking about how the Commodore raped her. That's why Nucky was confused about what she was talking about at first and then had that "oh god" look on his face after.
Yeah, maybe so. When she said "Nucky...you came", I assumed that they had spoken and planned it, but maybe she was just rambling.

Please login first to reply.