February 1, 2011 @ 09:56 PM
ReZ

EXCLUSIVE: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to reunite with his Inception director Christopher Nolan in The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros. I'm not sure what role he'll play, but I'm told that he will be in the movie when Nolan starts production this spring.

www.deadline.com/2011/02/joseph-gordon-levitt-in-talks-to-join-the-dark-knight-rises/
February 2, 2011 @ 12:06 AM
ryfly

Wow release date is summer so it's going to be packed. Can't wait!
February 2, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
9inchesofsole

That's dope that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in the new movie, I also want to know what chracter his gonna be playing.
February 2, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
Trollinator

Joseph is that dude, he pulled it off in inception with an outstanding performencecool

but maybe robin?

I want to see the world burn

February 2, 2011 @ 03:43 PM
C_Augustus_O

Nightwing

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

February 2, 2011 @ 06:04 PM
9inchesofsole

Maybe as Edward Nigma, but no Riddler.
February 3, 2011 @ 03:46 PM
goldANDsacks

Joseph is that dude, he pulled it off in inception with an outstanding performencecool

but maybe robin?

Robin has no place in this version of Batman. he needs to be that lone ranger against the world. I can see JGL playing some minor role like a lawyer or cop just to screw with us. but you know, JGL bears a striking resemblance to....

jussayin...
February 3, 2011 @ 04:59 PM
flow

dude's got basically the same face
February 3, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
soyou

Couldn't pull a source on you, but i'm pretty positive they're not going to do anything with the Joker, leaving it for Heaths legacy, not even a CG Joker, or a small snippet.

As far a JGL goes, I'm either with the Edward Enigma given that Nolan said No to Riddler in this movie, or Jason Todd's Redhood. Only other logical candidate would be Hush
February 5, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
Awww SNAP

ddddddaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnn can't wait
February 7, 2011 @ 02:29 AM
soyou

Michigan's WILX News is reporting that Christopher Nolan was scouting locations in Grand Ledge's Fitzgerald Park last week for "The Dark Knight Rises."

Grand Ledge officials revealed that crew members were looking at the water treatment plant inside the park that is being considered as the location of Robin's hideout.

This news is a bit surprising, considering that Christian Bale previously stated that he would leave the franchise if Robin were to ever appear in these Batman films. But Nolan has a way of selling his ideas, and the rumored storyline may need Robin if Bane (Tom Hardy) ends up breaking Batman's back.

And since Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception) has recently been cast, many are now assuming he may be the next Robin.

hmm
February 7, 2011 @ 07:39 AM
Denny Crane

Grand Ledge officials revealed that crew members were looking at the water treatment plant inside the park that is being considered as the location of Robin's hideout.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EztemITwSrs
February 7, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
0ptic

I just dont see a traditional Robin character fitting into Nolan's version. Shits gotta be dark
February 7, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
DREWKKAKE

lol why are you guys so afraid of robin. dick grayson. why cant his parents be murked and keep everything gritty

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

February 7, 2011 @ 07:14 PM
9inchesofsole

I just dont see a traditional Robin character fitting into Nolan's version. Shits gotta be dark

Nolan can make it dark. trust. maybe not as robin but as darkwing
February 7, 2011 @ 09:47 PM
Jaylib

February 7, 2011 @ 09:53 PM
Dave_k

yeah, he made it work perfect for the joker after all, and two face. he knows what he's doing. the two he's done only got better. i doubt after dark knight he'd let down, considering all the hype it's gonna get
February 7, 2011 @ 10:09 PM
9inchesofsole

My fault nightwing. LOL
February 7, 2011 @ 10:53 PM
C_Augustus_O

lol @ darkwing

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

February 7, 2011 @ 11:00 PM
soyou

lol why are you guys so afraid of robin. dick grayson. why cant his parents be murked and keep everything gritty

I would really hope they don't go Dick Grayson, hes way to boy wonder for these movies. I think Jason Todd would be the better choice. They should bring him in, then kill him, basically do something like Death in the Family, and Under the Hood. Hes got more to bring in than the other Robins.
February 8, 2011 @ 09:13 AM
goldANDsacks

the Jason Todd story doesn't work unless Dick Grayson is established first. The whole reason Batman had allowed himself to take on another side-kick was b/c Dick Grayson worked out so well. then he's proven wrong...

but also, we need Joker to kill Jason Todd or it won't be right.
February 8, 2011 @ 09:21 AM
lwinn84

are catwoman and bain the two bad guys then? any more confirmed?
February 8, 2011 @ 10:22 AM
DREWKKAKE

you guys forget its a comic book which is a clusterfuck of villains anyways. id say nolan could do justice to having multiple "villains" that might not even all serve their purpose as villains in the movie. catwoman is in there sure but she might not be a villain. shes a thief that will best batman throughout half the movie. bane is the main villain. possibly with the help of hugo strange. and joseph gordon levitt could always play dick grayson but never put on the robin suit you know?

February 8, 2011 @ 10:45 AM
soyou

the Jason Todd story doesn't work unless Dick Grayson is established first. The whole reason Batman had allowed himself to take on another side-kick was b/c Dick Grayson worked out so well. then he's proven wrong...

but also, we need Joker to kill Jason Todd or it won't be right.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't think these movies source material is their strongest points, Nolan has basically been making them his own. The more "darker" Robin, Jason Todd, would be much more fitting than the good boy sidekick Dick Greyson. From the sounds of it, with the whole Robin's hideout, its pretty possible seeing it as Todd since he was found on the street as a small time criminal trying to steal the bat mobile tires. Also, killing him off rather quickly would be the best solution as well, and seeing as Jason brings even more to the table dead than alive with Hush, and Redhood.

But agreed it will be a damn shame we wouldn't get to see Heath beat the shit out of JGL with a crowbar for 15minutes.

bane is the main villain. possibly with the help of hugo strange. and joseph gordon levitt could always play dick grayson but never put on the robin suit you know?

Well my initial guess behind Robin is the fact we might actually get to see Bane break Batman, or Robin, but probably Batman.
February 8, 2011 @ 12:34 PM
goldANDsacks

i'm telling you guys.... JGL is gonna be some minor character (a lawyer, mobster, cop).

I remember when The Dark Knight was at this point (pre-filming and everyone speculating on the plot). There was a big announcement when Anthony Michael Hall was cast and rumors spread that he was going to be the Riddler. then it was clarified that'd he'd be pre-Riddler Edward Nygma.

http://www.filmjunk.com/2007/07/09/anthony-michael-hall-is-the-riddler/

... he ended up playing a TV reporter.

February 8, 2011 @ 04:28 PM
ReZ

^lol

btw, Jason Todd can suck a fat one. Damian >
February 8, 2011 @ 10:31 PM
Dave_k

are catwoman and bain the two bad guys then? any more confirmed?

but i dont think catwomans character will be fully catwoman yet. it's her, but not at the superhero point yet if i remember right
February 9, 2011 @ 02:28 AM
DREWKKAKE

^nah they said that they had the costume tests and she tried on her catwoman outfit, shes not JUST selena kyle.

lol rez you are skipping like 4 boy wonders but yes damian is dope.

and it doesnt matter which robin character they would even pick if they had one. Nolan can put any type of spin on it to fit his little batman world

February 9, 2011 @ 08:54 AM
goldANDsacks

^nah they said that they had the costume tests and she tried on her catwoman outfit, shes not JUST selena kyle.

lol rez you are skipping like 4 boy wonders but yes damian is dope.

and it doesnt matter which robin character they would even pick if they had one. Nolan can put any type of spin on it to fit his little batman world

agreed, Nolan can put any spin on his characters and any Robin could work for a new original/modified story. BUT, if you want to tell THE jason todd story (death in the family/red hood) you need to have Dick Grayson as an established character.
February 9, 2011 @ 09:43 AM
Dave_k

agreed, Nolan can put any spin on his characters and any Robin could work for a new original/modified story. BUT, if you want to tell THE jason todd story (death in the family/red hood) you need to have Dick Grayson as an established character.

is this the last one Nolan is doing?

Please login first to reply.