FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
February 9, 2011 @ 10:14 AM
goldANDsacks

is this the last one Nolan is doing?

yeah
February 9, 2011 @ 12:18 PM
C_Augustus_O

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be portraying Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer. He is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) who returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercly ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman.

This makes more sense

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

February 9, 2011 @ 12:37 PM
DREWKKAKE

lol where is that from?

and damnit. i really wish i had some say in the matter lol. cause it would have been an estranged son of a crime family that is crazy and talks through a puppet. aka the ventriloquist. shit would have been dope as fuck.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

February 9, 2011 @ 12:53 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

it's crazy how much we know about the film before it's even started shooting. i remember when the first i'd hear of a film was when the trailer came on in the cinema.
February 9, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
soyou

agreed, Nolan can put any spin on his characters and any Robin could work for a new original/modified story. BUT, if you want to tell THE jason todd story (death in the family/red hood) you need to have Dick Grayson as an established character.

You really don't have to establish Dick Grayson at all, I mean it would make the comic book fans happy yeah, but he could jump straight to Jason, shit he could go straight for Damian if he wanted, granted that wouldn't make much sense since hes Bruce's son. But regardless just retcon shit into play.

But the idea of no Robin, and its just the Holiday Killer is better. Bruce Wayne is still young in these films, as said from Nolan, to see a Robin, shit the batcave ain't even up yet. Plus there needs to be a minor villain in the movie to get shit rolling(Scarecrows minor part in the begining of TDK). Bat chases after Holiday, gets him, takes him to Arkam we meet Hugo(assuming he's going to be in), continues on, hears shit about Bane, then finds out Hugo is the puppeteer or some shit ect.

it's crazy how much we know about the film before it's even started shooting. i remember when the first i'd hear of a film was when the trailer came on in the cinema.

It's mostly theory crafting, and trolling to get the nerd hormones going. Lots of empty sources, and speculations. Nothing is fact other than Bane and Catwoman. I'm curious about the viral campaign we will get to see.
February 9, 2011 @ 01:36 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

February 9, 2011 @ 01:43 PM
goldANDsacks

You really don't have to establish Dick Grayson at all, I mean it would make the comic book fans happy yeah, but he could jump straight to Jason, shit he could go straight for Damian if he wanted, granted that wouldn't make much sense since hes Bruce's son. But regardless just retcon shit into play.

agreed he can make up whatever he wants. but then that would be a stark departure from THE (original) jason todd story (which is what i was trying to say). Dick Grayson's character is integral to the ORIGINAL jason todd story.

many ppl here were saying they wanted this movie to be the Death in the Family/Red Hood story. those stories need Dick Grayson.

the reason that Dick Grayson is important is b/c he's proof that Robin can work and has been successfully been done before. originally, Batman was against any sidekick b/c he would put another person's life in danger. After Dick Grayson turned out so well, Batman kind of ignores that argument w/ Jason Todd, but then it turns out to be a giant mistake. I think the real heart of the Jason Todd story is the relationship b/w Bruce-Jason-Dick. Its like, you need to see how well everything can work to really see how badly everything goes wrong.

If the first Robin was murdered, Batman would prob just quit or kill himself b/c he felt so guilty about bringing another person into this. The existence of Nightwing is Batman's redemption and proof that a sidekick can work.
February 9, 2011 @ 01:58 PM
9inchesofsole

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be portraying Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer. He is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone (portrayed by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins) who returns to Gotham to take over the underworld once fiercly ruled by his father before the arrival of Batman.

This makes more sense

coolcoolYes this will be dope, if he does. I just read that graphic novel last year.

February 9, 2011 @ 03:19 PM
tmwtg

this was perfect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg

Back in 2007/2008, I was really into the whole viral campaign of TDK.

I got a whole bunch of swag from the random I Believe in Harvey Dent campaigns in NYC.

When I saw this teaser trailer for the first time, chills ran down my spine. Shit was serious.
February 9, 2011 @ 04:41 PM
soyou

I agree whole heartly but in a movie perspective, origon stories are quite sickening at this point. Trying to intergrate both the robins would take up two movies alone, then telling the story another movie on top. Granted we probably wouldn't get to see that far if Nolan ends on three. It would just be nice to see things goes that way, maybe I'm hoping to much for Hush and Redhood. Regardless I could still go with the robin without Dick, just bring him in then kill him.

But if holiday killer is truth maybe we will get to hear or see a Riddler cameo
February 9, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
goldANDsacks

I agree whole heartly but in a movie perspective, origon stories are quite sickening at this point. Trying to intergrate both the robins would take up two movies alone, then telling the story another movie on top.

lol truth. that's why my original point was that he's prob not gonna be Jason Todd, or if he is, it's not gonna be the original story but a heavily modified version.

i was speaking more towards people who were expecting Batman 3 to be the Red Hood movie.
February 9, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
goldANDsacks

When I saw this teaser trailer for the first time, chills ran down my spine. Shit was serious.

this happened to me too. i forgot what movie i was going in to see, but i remember i knew TDK trailer was gonna play and was more excited for that than the actual movie.

i also remember walking out of the theater after the movie, and the only thing i could think about was the TDK trailer.

damn... i really dont remember what movie i went to see though.

that part in the trailer when the joker goes "like me!" and it flashes a shot of him for the first time.... i yelled "OHHHHH SHIT!!!" really loud.
February 9, 2011 @ 09:45 PM
Dave_k

this happened to me too. i forgot what movie i was going in to see, but i remember i knew TDK trailer was gonna play and was more excited for that than the actual movie.

i also remember walking out of the theater after the movie, and the only thing i could think about was the TDK trailer.

damn... i really dont remember what movie i went to see though.

that part in the trailer when the joker goes "like me!" and it flashes a shot of him for the first time.... i yelled "OHHHHH SHIT!!!" really loud.

i remember liking TDK trailer more than the movie it played before too. i was so pumped for that movie
February 13, 2011 @ 04:49 PM
sjem

February 14, 2011 @ 05:49 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

this is turning into an inception reunion.
February 14, 2011 @ 08:42 AM
tmwtg

^ I think Nolan is dope in that he usually casts people who've been in his other movies.

You can say he's loyal like that.
February 14, 2011 @ 09:29 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

yeah, no other directors favour actors they've used before.
February 14, 2011 @ 12:04 PM
soyou

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, lol
February 14, 2011 @ 12:40 PM
C_Augustus_O

this is turning into an inception reunion.

cool

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

February 14, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
goldANDsacks

yeah, no other directors favour actors they've used before.

that's a joke right?
February 14, 2011 @ 01:13 PM
goldANDsacks

Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, lol

some directors definitely have their go-to actors:

Martin Scorsese - Leo DiCaprio (Gangs of NY, Departed, Shutter Island)

David Fincher - Brad Pitt (Se7en, Benjamin Button, Fight Club)

and Michael Caine has been in every Christopher Nolan movie since they first worked together (Batman Begins, Prestige, TDK, Inception, TDKR).
February 14, 2011 @ 01:28 PM
sjem

Yeah I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
February 14, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

yup.
February 14, 2011 @ 10:03 PM
poweredbykush

michael caine is so pimpin'
February 15, 2011 @ 01:02 PM
ReZ

February 15, 2011 @ 03:35 PM
goldANDsacks

hoax! ppl are claiming that this is from the set of Batman Begins.
February 16, 2011 @ 10:35 AM
CGC U.K

They should definately involve the penguin in the one I love him !!
February 21, 2011 @ 10:50 PM
pomp3o

Anyone see Hardy's workout for Bane?
I truthfully think this character is going to deliver no doubt.
February 22, 2011 @ 03:30 AM
Jake2545

^Link?
February 22, 2011 @ 05:04 AM
thephreak

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHqG75bg3cs&feature=player_embedded
He's tryin to go from 169 lbs to 198 lbs. He's about 5'9

I look how you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable and most importantly, I am free in all the ways you are not.

Please login first to reply.