Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 6, 2010 @ 03:23 AM
aRPeezee

You may already know what the secret scene at the end of Iron Man 2 is, but that won
May 6, 2010 @ 10:27 AM
sjem

It's not anything to do with Cloverfield and it's set around the 70's/80's.

This is the trailer description for anyone like me that's not in America.

SPOILERS MAYBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trailer lasts about one minute and a half.
It begins with the Green MPAA screen, followed by the Paramount Pictures logo. No Bad Robot at the header.
A train rushes by the screen. We notice that it has lots of cargo.
Text comes on the screen: “In 1979, The U.S. Air Force Closed A Section of AREA 51.”
We see the railroad crossing light blinking and ringing as the camera pans up we see some sort of light moving in the background. What is it? A UFO?
More Text: “All The Materials Were To Be Transported To A Secure Facility In Ohio.”
No, it appears to be the headlights of a yellow 1970’s truck, which skids in a 180 degree motion, and suddenly pulls onto the tracks.
Point of view of the truck heading into the light.
Black screen and white text: “From Producer Steve Spielberg”

We see the truck explode as it hits the train.
Then… the cargo train is heading towards the car explosion - BAM. It is wrecked, thrown from the tracks like a wild snake. The flaming metal body flipping towards the camera. Cars flying through the air. It is INTENSE.
Another black screen and the text: “And Director JJ Abrams”
The camera really slowly moves in on the wrecked pieces of the train, most of which is now just scrap metal. At least one car remains intact.
Black screen, white test: “Next Summer”
We see some sparks.
Black screen, white text: “It Arrives”
We pull up on one of the train cars with a US Airforce logo. The wheel on the door begins to spin out of control as we pull in closer. The wall of the door begins to bend like some huge force is punching it from the inside.
Cut to one second of a close up of an 8mm camera lens.
Cut to black. White text: “Super 8″
The credits at the end were pretty bare.
Paramount Pictures Presents, An Amblin Entertainment/Bad Robot Production
“Super 8″
PRoduced By Steve Spielberg JJ Abrams Bryan Burk
Written and Directed by JJ Abrams
And the bottom featured the Amblin Entertainment, Bad Robot and Paramount Pictures Logo.
It definitely feels like a late 1970’s Spielberg film, think Close Encounters of a Third Kind. I’m excited to see what the actual movie is about.

www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/06/exclusive-jj-abrams-super-8-teaser-trailer-description-revealed/#ixzz0nAC7nXUP
May 6, 2010 @ 04:21 PM
sjem

More information for you

The trailer was shot independently of the film a month ago, and the special effects were done under the cover of Abrams new NBC series Undercovers
Variety says the film will begin principal photography in Fall 2010.
The film
May 6, 2010 @ 05:55 PM
aRPeezee

i hate J J Abrams and his teasers.

what a great marketing.

anyone know who's in this movie? imdb doesnt have any info for this film.
May 6, 2010 @ 07:01 PM
young idiot

WTF, I get a Sex and the City 2 trailer, but you lot get fucking Super 8?
May 7, 2010 @ 12:14 AM
KevinsThatDude

May 7, 2010 @ 01:00 AM
Exo

Watch it before its down.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECsrx7VC3I&feature=youtube_gdata

oooooooh snap cool
May 7, 2010 @ 03:14 PM
frrresh

this looks interesting....but it most likely is gonna be another alien/monster type movie...but im sure jj abrams has something up his sleeve with this.

cheers
May 7, 2010 @ 06:15 PM
9inchesofsole

Holy shit! Can't wait to see more. I thought their gonna show this during the Iron Man previews
May 8, 2010 @ 12:23 AM
ReZ

Anyone follow the viral marketing of Cloverfield before? I think it'll be like that again.

Apparently Abrams pays homage to Spielberg films, so you can expect grandeous, captivating sci-fi.

And for the record, it is not related to Cloverfield whatsoever.
May 9, 2010 @ 01:40 AM
aRPeezee

according to some intellect, the movie is about aliens and a guy name "Dan Morris".
Dan Morris is a retired Air Force. He has some what connection to Area 51 and UFO's.

in addition, a couple of intellects is diagnosing the trailer. and they found an alien within 22 seconds of the clip. here's a photo.

also, a kid is found in the trailer.

enjoi....
May 9, 2010 @ 09:14 AM
sjem

Also this is in the trailer.

Which apparently says "The scariest thing I ever saw"
May 9, 2010 @ 07:16 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

after Cloverfield didn't Abram say he wanted to do a movie about area 51?

I remember reading that somewhere

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

May 11, 2010 @ 02:26 AM
D2theRama

You may have seen the movie trailer for the Steven Spielberg-produced JJ Abrams-directed sci-fi film Super 8 attached to Iron Man 2 or bootlegged online, but did you notice the Easter eggs hidden at the end of the trailer that launched the film’s viral marketing efforts?

Yesterday I noticed that during the last seconds of the trailer, some letters flash through the lens of the film camera. I even asked on Twitter if anyone could figure out what the letters spelt.

The awesome sleuths at the UnfictionForum were able to screencapture all of the letters:

The spelt: “Scariest Thing I Ever Saw”

The website ScariestThingIEverSaw.com was register a little over a week after the film’s official website super8-movie.com, and by the same registration company. The website shows a PDP-11 16-bit microcomputer display:

[/CENTER]

If you try to print all pages, you get prompted with the following message:

Stop posting publicly. I can answer your questions.
I have proof.
>>>>

If you follow all the prompts on the green screen you will end up on a countdown screen.. CrispyG4 at unfiction calculated how long the countdown goes:

The number ticks every 5 seconds. 134640 parts. Start at 6000 so subtract those 6000 from the total: 128640. Times that by 5, you get 643,200 seconds until the countdown ends. Divide that by 60, 10720 minutes. Divide THAT by 60, get 179 hours. Which is just around 7 1/2 days. So, probably around Noon on the 15th?

So it appears that something will be revealed or unlocked on May 15th 2010. My first guess is that it could be the date when the movie trailer officially goes online.

Also, the guys at Super8News noticed the mention of a name “D, Morris” in the green screen terminal and decided to cross reference the name with UFOs and Area 51. This is the information they uncovered:

Dan Morris is a retired Air Force career Master Sergeant who was involved in the extraterrestrial projects for many years. After leaving the Air Force, he was recruited into the super-secret National Reconnaissance Organization, or NRO, during which time he worked specifically on extraterrestrial-connected operations. He had a cosmic top-secret clearance (38 levels above top secret) which, he states, no U.S. president, to his knowledge, has ever held. In his testimony, he talks of assassinations committed by the NSA; he tells how our military deliberately caused the 1947 ET craft crashes near Roswell, and captured one of the ETs, which they kept at Los Alamos for 3 years, until he died. He talks about the intelligence teams that were charged with intimidating, discrediting, and even eliminating witnesses to ET/UFO events. He talks about Germany’s re-engineering of UFOs, even prior to WWII. He talks about our current energy crisis — and the fact that we haven’t needed fossil fuels since the 1940s, when free energy technologies were developed — but have been kept from humanity. This is the real reason for the secrecy of the ET/UFO subject. “What the people in power right now don’t want us to know is that this free energy is available to everybody.” In conclusion, he warns against the weaponization of space and the shooting down of ET craft — this could force them to retaliate, and that would be our destruction.

Also of interest is this screen grab from Carlton Halpert, which he took right before the letters zoom by the camera lens at the end of the trailer:

Is that a face of a scared kid? Or a space alien?
May 11, 2010 @ 03:17 PM
Jaylib

The studio just put the trailer up for good

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPcta5V5dA0&feature=player_embedded
May 11, 2010 @ 03:40 PM
karl winslow

I don't even care about the actual movie, I just love seeing all of the viral marketing unfold, listening to all the theories, that was the best part about Cloverfield, really.
May 11, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
goldANDsacks

I don't even care about the actual movie, I just love seeing all of the viral marketing unfold, listening to all the theories, that was the best part about Cloverfield, really.

agreed big guy.

could this be Super 8?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Skies
May 11, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
aRPeezee

D2theRAMA... i think all of ur stuff has been posted. but not word for word.

thanks for the insight though..

upside down train car. look closer in the middle, could it be an alien?
May 16, 2010 @ 10:17 AM
May 16, 2010 @ 01:03 PM
Kingkoor

Word I'm gonna print and send the card in. Maybe get something cool back.
August 29, 2010 @ 10:38 AM
sjem

August 29, 2010 @ 07:55 PM
ReZ

lol, I got this shirt from comic-con. no clue it pertained to super 8

February 7, 2011 @ 12:59 PM
Trollinator

I want to see the world burn

February 7, 2011 @ 01:14 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

ima not watch anymore trailer for this. don't wanna have any expectations.
February 7, 2011 @ 01:24 PM
Trollinator

All i want to know what the fawk that thing is?

I want to see the world burn

February 7, 2011 @ 02:29 PM
gabe26

E.T. >sad
March 11, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
MLiPictures

March 12, 2011 @ 01:54 AM
xVILLN

coolcoolcoolcool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

March 12, 2011 @ 12:06 PM
Its_SONIC

this gonna be good
March 12, 2011 @ 01:12 PM
Kingkoor

Yeah, I dont know why but it feels like its gonna have the elements of Stand By Me, which is dope. This looks better every-time I see new stuff about it.

Please login first to reply.