April 13, 2010 @ 04:39 PM
goldANDsacks

can't believe theres not already a thread on this movie.

yeah, it's gonna happen.

Joss Whedon is in final negotiations to direct.

good news for fanboys!
April 13, 2010 @ 04:44 PM
young idiot

There's no way this can end happily. I don't think this film will happen in 2012.
April 13, 2010 @ 06:02 PM
method47

Id rather Jon Favreau direct and just make it basically Iron Man 3 feat. The Avengers.

I mean, there's no way they can make it work with all these people, right? Its gotta go one way or another, and IMO the best way to do it is feature Tony Stark as that main dude, and if that's the case, get Favreau.

Still I can't wait. I don't see a way that Marvel will let this get screwed up.
April 13, 2010 @ 07:11 PM
young idiot

The only problem with that, is that Captain America and Thor are supposed to be joint leaders with Iron Man. I mean, we don't even know how good the Thor or Captain America movies will be.

But, gah, this is a nightmare.
April 13, 2010 @ 10:10 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

I have faith...(...)

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

April 13, 2010 @ 11:42 PM
ReZ

Id rather Jon Favreau direct and just make it basically Iron Man 3 feat. The Avengers.

I mean, there's no way they can make it work with all these people, right? Its gotta go one way or another, and IMO the best way to do it is feature Tony Stark as that main dude, and if that's the case, get Favreau.

Still I can't wait. I don't see a way that Marvel will let this get screwed up.

April 13, 2010 @ 11:43 PM
Spankbank

Captain America better not let me down...he's my favorite Marvel Character =/
April 14, 2010 @ 04:10 AM
STI Guy

haha good point rez. also dare devil was a huge fail. no way avengers will make it to theaters in 2012. there's still like 4 movies that are planned to come out before that. if they pull off some crazy miracle and work 24/7 around the year maybe. if spiderman is in the avengers movie i hope they give him the robot suit that tony stark makes for him. or did that happen in civil war?
April 14, 2010 @ 09:06 AM
goldANDsacks

haha good point rez. also dare devil was a huge fail. no way avengers will make it to theaters in 2012. there's still like 4 movies that are planned to come out before that. if they pull off some crazy miracle and work 24/7 around the year maybe. if spiderman is in the avengers movie i hope they give him the robot suit that tony stark makes for him. or did that happen in civil war?

robot suit spider-man was during the civil war.

that in itself would be a sweet movie too, but Spider-man definitely won't be in Avengers b/c Sony technically holds all movie rights to the Spider-man character.

btw Jon Favreau already turned down the offer to direct the Avengers movie (i think they went to him first), but he's still on the movie as a producer.

true Daredevil, Punisher (both of them), and Ghost Rider sucked ass. but they weren't Marvel Studios movies. The only two movies to be done directly by Marvel so far are Iron Man and the second Hulk. so far they're 2/2 in my book.

Avengers is scheduled for a May 2012 release.
April 14, 2010 @ 10:51 AM
Wishez.

Disney owns marvel.
April 14, 2010 @ 11:22 AM
C_Augustus_O

I'm told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios' The Avengers.

The film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson).

i have faith that the movie would come out good, but.....

https://twitter.com/#!/C_Augustus_O

April 14, 2010 @ 01:22 PM
damnwitless2

suspended

true Daredevil, Punisher (both of them), and Ghost Rider sucked ass. but they weren't Marvel Studios movies. The only two movies to be done directly by Marvel so far are Iron Man and the second Hulk. so far they're 2/2 in my book.

exactly

All I do is smoke weed, blow lines, and listen to MF DOOM. And rap. http://www.facebook.com/SpacemanNYC

April 15, 2010 @ 01:45 AM
brokelyn

ya'll are so pessimistic. like that dude up there said, Marvel is 2/2 so far. the Thor, Captain America, and whatever else solo movie that leads up to The Avengers will probably follow suite.
April 15, 2010 @ 01:53 AM
young idiot

I dunno about 2 for 2. The Incredible Hulk had problems. It was too long and there were only like 2 or 3 action scenes -- which became a problem when a lot of the talk-y stuff was kinda boring. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the 2003 Hulk was better -- he got bigger as he got angrier, it was more of a character story and I liked how it was presented. But the 2008 one looked better.

Iron Man was spectacular, though, don't get me wrong.
April 15, 2010 @ 11:10 AM
goldANDsacks

Incredible (second) Hulk was def not as good as Iron Man, but it was still a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

the best thing about the second Hulk (and the Marvel Studios movies so far) is that they stay pretty faithful to the source material. I think that's why fanboys appreciate the second hulk so much more than the first one.

I remember watching the first Hulk and thinking.... wtf... this is trying to get waaaay too deep and artsy. This isn't the Hulk from the comic books/tv show. the second one was much more familiar and even had tributes to the 80's TV show. Even if it wasn't the greatest movie, it portrayed the Hulk in the way that the fans were expecting, which makes it a win.

so yeah, i hope the Avengers does the same.

I just read today that Iron Man 2 will have a scene after the credits (like the first one) where they bring in Thor and Captain America (though its unknown to what extent).
April 15, 2010 @ 12:06 PM
On3sizefitsall

I cant wait till iorn man 2 come out!!!
April 18, 2010 @ 04:26 PM
method47

Marvel didn't screw up Ghost Rider, or Daredevel, or Fantastic Four, etc. Marvel has full control over The Avengers and they aren't gonna let it get fucked up. Theyd best not.
April 18, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
PKMN Trainer Red

Spider-man 1 was the best marvel movie imo.

also, Disney owns Marvel.
April 18, 2010 @ 07:09 PM
rx7-fc

they'll probably use Cap as the main focal point in the movie.

Yes, Disney owns Marvel but to an extent, Marvel still has full control over it's productions.
April 18, 2010 @ 07:23 PM
ReZ

Joss Whedon is helming this film.
April 19, 2010 @ 01:17 PM
goldANDsacks

Spider-Man 1 wasn't a Marvel movie. it was a Sony movie.

Even though Marvel created Spider-Man, they sold off a bunch of their characters during their financial crisis in the 90's. Fox bought the x-men and sony bought spider-man. that's why neither of them are gonna be in the Avengers movie.

i mean, if they had the opportunity to add in spider-man and wolverine, they definitely would. They are arguably the two most recognized superheros after batman and superman.

and yes, disney owns marvel. disney owns alot of things: ESPN, ABC, Miramax, Pixar...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney

this just makes me think a Marvel-Pixar movie should happen! (i believe they're doing Ant Man this way actually...)
April 20, 2010 @ 06:39 PM
EtanNuetron

/\ ant man with real people would look weird. like indian in the cupboard
April 22, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
Phlipstar

Sounds like it's going to be one huge cluster fuck.
April 23, 2010 @ 07:59 AM
LUC∆S

yes disney does own marvel, but them owning marvel willl have absoutly nothing to do with what the movies turn out to be. The only effect it will have on the marvel films is more distribution in theaters. meaning they willl be even bigger blockbusters with an even bigger budget now that disney owns them. But marvel still has 100% production control with zero disney influence. So dont expect hannah montanna to pop up in one of these films
April 23, 2010 @ 09:14 AM
tribecalledvic

imo it would be better if they brought in cap in the avengers movie
instead of getting his own movie
they unfreeze him and then finish forming the avengers like they did in the ultimates
April 24, 2010 @ 03:57 AM
tony_stark

It'll be a challenge but I think they can manage the Avengers flick. Iron Man was great and if they can make the rest of the movies in the same manner it should be all good.
April 24, 2010 @ 10:07 AM
Silver Bullet

Did they sign up Ed Norton for this?I remember there was some trouble with that but i can't remember what happened.
April 24, 2010 @ 11:08 AM
young idiot

He's not signed for anything, but they're on good terms now, it seems.
April 25, 2010 @ 01:34 PM
n31ld0wn

cant wait
April 25, 2010 @ 06:54 PM
DREWKKAKE

i think it was that ed didnt like how they cut the hulk. so he did it himself or some shit..

wolverine and spiderman werent on the original team anyways. they were just on the new avengers. and they would probably be making the movie about them trying to find the hulk. correct me if im wrong but isnt that how the original avengers actually got together?

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

Please login first to reply.