February 2, 2010 @ 01:38 PM
goldANDsacks

alot of people don't like remakes. especially because hollywood shits them out every other day. but some things deserve remakes more than others. i dont want to use this thread for people to talk about how pointless/stupid/unoriginal remakes are. we know. we've heard these arguments many times before. that's not gonna stop them. so just accept it. and list what remakes you'd REALLY like to see happen.

this can apply to both movies and tv shows.

they should totally bring back the TV show Quantum Leap. the one-hour mystery/sci-fi genre is so in right now. it'd be the perfect thing to replace Lost.

I'd also like to see a remake of Back To the Future. now, the original is one of my favorite all time movies, so i understand that it's kind of disrespectful to the originaly/un-needed.

but still.

imagine a Back to the Future remake that comes out in 2015, where Marty has to travel back in time to 1985 to make sure his parents get together. maybe instead of debuting rock and roll at the dance, he can debut hip hop or something. if done right, this could be awesome.
February 2, 2010 @ 01:52 PM
flow

...I'd also like to see a remake of Back To the Future. now, the original is one of my favorite all time movies, so i understand that it's kind of disrespectful to the originaly/un-needed.

but still.

imagine a Back to the Future remake that comes out in 2015, where Marty has to travel back in time to 1985 to make sure his parents get together. maybe instead of debuting rock and roll at the dance, he can debut hip hop or something. if done right, this could be awesome.

nowadays timetravel isn't that interesting anymore...
but they should do remakes in the style christopher nolan did with batman

nonetheless i would see a real "the pretty and the beast" from disney
February 2, 2010 @ 02:23 PM
99%Shit

Stray Dog, set in modern day Japan, but in the same 'noir' style as Kurosawa

narsha.narsha.narsha

February 2, 2010 @ 02:39 PM
MachineGUNjesus

they should remake shindlers list, except this time, they show the lighter side of nazi's, maybe they organize volleyball tournaments for the jews, and have casual nights, like hawaiian shirt thursdays with jew luows, and how about the germans finally fucking win for a change huh? cuz can i be real for a second....how wrong was hitler really? like seriously, it wasnt that that bad, you know? like....you KNOW??? read a fucking book sometime bro, stop buying into all this steven spieldberg anti nazi propaganda

....and how about some fucking color, this aint the fucking 40's, i feel like i should be doing the charleston and robbing banks with machine gun kelly when i watch that shit...get with the fucking times spieldberg
February 2, 2010 @ 06:43 PM
young idiot

I think they should remake the Harry Potter films. The current ones are only good for the most epic moments, and they don't capture enough of the characters. In particular, since around the third film, a lot of Ron's lines (saying things he would realistically know since he's the only one of the trio to grow up in a wizarding family) have been taken away by Hermione.

I dunno when or how, though, considering how much money the current franchise is bringing in. Daniel Radcliffe is so recognisable as Harry Potter, it'd probably take a generation for this to be possible.
February 2, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
AntonyT

they should remake shindlers list, except this time, they show the lighter side of nazi's, maybe they organize volleyball tournaments for the jews, and have casual nights, like hawaiian shirt thursdays with jew luows, and how about the germans finally fucking win for a change huh? cuz can i be real for a second....how wrong was hitler really? like seriously, it wasnt that that bad, you know? like....you KNOW??? read a fucking book sometime bro, stop buying into all this steven spieldberg anti nazi propaganda

....and how about some fucking color, this aint the fucking 40's, i feel like i should be doing the charleston and robbing banks with machine gun kelly when i watch that shit...get with the fucking times spieldberg

u crassssy milk
February 2, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
MachineGUNjesus

how did you knooooooowwwwwwwww &)&)&)
February 6, 2010 @ 02:31 AM
Denny Crane

No remakes.
February 6, 2010 @ 05:49 PM
TeddyGramz

I dont think remakes work out so good....
I heard they are remaking Red Dawn that might actually turn out good idk

But if anything some movies should be continued but with better scripts
Like Jumanji.....
The 1st one was dope to me
I think they should definitely make a sequel
February 6, 2010 @ 08:00 PM
Lo Pan

NO to Back To The Future remake.
February 7, 2010 @ 03:56 AM
fishaddict

they're remaking karate kid.
i dont think thats gonna be a good remake razz

some remakes are good
February 7, 2010 @ 04:02 AM
Yom

NO NO NO

if anything like this ever happened id have to kill lots and lots of ppl

it would not be awesome, it would be a fucking atrocity

www.nagoyayom.com

February 7, 2010 @ 07:03 PM
99%Shit

I dont think remakes work out so good....

They can work out well, like in the case of The Magnificent Seven, but Hollywood just doesn't put effort into remakes anymore, so they just fail miserably.

narsha.narsha.narsha

February 7, 2010 @ 07:11 PM
araw at bituin

They can work out well, like in the case of The Magnificent Seven, but Hollywood just doesn't put effort into remakes anymore, so they just fail miserably.

How is that compared to the original btw?

http://instagram.com/qyel

February 7, 2010 @ 07:54 PM
99%Shit

It's not better, but it was a good watch, and the best adaptation of Seven Samurai to come out, perhaps even the best Kurosawa adaptation made. They had it fairly easy though, Kurosawa had already been the largest influence on Western films for quite some time, so it wasn't a huge stretch to turn 7S in M7. I really should buy this movie, I just keep putting it off whenever I see it at the store.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Please login first to reply.