Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
July 11, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
Trespace

^ it was closer to the comics in that it spent more time on the origin story AND did it right. Plus they pulled off the villain well.
July 11, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
goldANDsacks

^ gotta disagree. like the lizard had absolutely no motivation to become evil. he goes from nice scientist guy to evil monster in one quick scene. the whole "i'm gonna turn the whole world into lizards" comes out nowhere and was uncalled for.
July 11, 2012 @ 02:11 AM
adam5

^ gotta disagree. like the lizard had absolutely no motivation to become evil. he goes from nice scientist guy to evil monster in one quick scene. the whole "i'm gonna turn the whole world into lizards" comes out nowhere and was uncalled for.

this. At least in the previous spidermans the villans had legit reasons for why they turned evil.
July 11, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
Trespace

It was a side effect of the syrum though. Even as curt connors he wanted to successfully regenerate limbs and bring that cure to the world but ends up transforming into a lizard with massive power so basically Its the story of a scientist gone mad thinking he's doing the right thing for humanity to become powerful top class lizards like him. I dont see how thats not motivation for the lizard being evil.
July 11, 2012 @ 02:27 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

It was a side effect of the syrum though. Even as curt connors he wanted to successfully regenerate limbs and bring that cure to the world but ends up transforming into a lizard with massive power so basically Its the story of a scientist gone mad thinking he's doing the right thing for humanity to become powerful top class lizards like him. I dont see how thats not motivation for the lizard being evil.

there's no seed. it's not like the power of being the lizard corrupts a decision he was having trouble with. he had no notions of turning people into lizards before or making people stronger. he just wanted to cure people, and most importantly, himself. it was dumb and x-men did it better.

so was dis a fail or wut?

yes lol

and ita with gold about peter's attitude. he wasn't funny, he was mean. and he never becomes anything more than that. he barely talks in the last fight scenes and his general demeanour is kind of "cool dude".
July 11, 2012 @ 08:17 PM
Trespace

^ even in the comics he had the plot to turn humans into reptiles. I dont see how its uncalled for but to each his own. I honestly thought it was done way better than the raimi villains. They at least stayed true to the villains motives and characteristics in the comics.
July 11, 2012 @ 08:34 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

imo even in the mythology of spider-man lizard has never been a skrong character to base a big story around. it's like the villain in iron man 1 isn't the most compelling so they made it about iron man and why tony stark would become iron man. where they could've done that with this and compensated in like, they chose to make it about peter's love life and raised all these plot points and then cut them out of the film and the result is disjointed and kinda nonsensical.

and most importantly, doesn't make us care about peter.
July 11, 2012 @ 08:59 PM
trolos714

Maguire>Garfield, but Stone>Dunst. After finally watching this movie I have to say that I think this movie focused way too much on building Peter Parker up as a regular guy, and not focusing enough on him being spiderman.

HB 325 PostHardcore/Metalcore/MelodicHardcore/Punk/PopPunk/ Skacore

July 11, 2012 @ 09:37 PM
Trespace

I feel like that was the point though. It wasnt so mich about spider man but about peter parker BECOMING spider man. So they built it up for a better sequel. Ar first i didnt like the whole broken promose thing at the end but if they're doing what i think they're doing for the sequel it will be pretty damn epic. Also I liked garfield's performance more than maguires though i still think maguire did a pretty decent job.
July 11, 2012 @ 09:54 PM
Sam

Any speculations of who that is at the end talking to Connors? Also hope future sequels will do with the clone saga, that sh*t with Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider was DOPE
July 12, 2012 @ 02:19 AM
goldANDsacks

a serum turning someone evil is pretty cheap. i think the best comparison would be the first raimi spider-man where a serum turns norman osborn into the green goblin. only with norman, he was already a pretty ruthless businessman and asshole. he was a bad father and only cared about work. then, his corporation and position was threatened by the shareholders who wanted to cut him out. he tested the serum out of desperation and it amplified his evil characteristics. but they were evil characteristics that were already existing in the character before turning into the green goblin.

compared to curt conners who was a nice and friendly scientist who suddenly turns evil. ok, that's kind of like dr. octopus in spider-man 2. only doc ock lost his wife in the accident and that was the straw that broke his back. in his mind, he had to complete his experiment no matter what or else his wife's death would have been in vain. he didn't want to be a villain, he wanted to complete his experiment. he even tells spider-man in their first encounter to stay out of his way. then harry hires doc ock to hunt spider-man and he becomes spider-man enemy. but this was all so he can receive resources to complete his experiment.

curt conners on the other just turns evil. he starts hunting peter parker at his school... why? because he found out that he's spider-man? but WHY does he want to kill off spider-man? what did spider-man ever do to him? if anything, he should thank spider-man/peter parker for giving him the equation to make the serum. it just doesn't work out to me.

they could have played some angle where conners was mocked in the scientific community for his research and thus his true motivation was to prove everyone wrong and say fuck you all. they could have had moments before he turns into the lizard where you can tell he's salty and wants some kind of revenge and recognition (like how they do in Breaking Bad with Walt) but they kind of abandoned that too. i dunno. does this make sense? i'm just typing now.

i'm a huge spider-man fan. i wanted to love this movie and gave it so many chances. and this movie wasn't that bad. i'm cool with them redefining characters and stories because that's what they do in the comics. but saying this was better than the first two, i'd have to disagree.
July 12, 2012 @ 03:56 AM
Trespace

Nah b^ in the movie connors was fird by ratha if thats any compensation i guess. And he goes after peter because he sees his name all over the cameras he sets up and stuff. The serum gave connors lizard like power and everything but it also screwed with his mind. Whether its a cheap way to make someone evil or not is opinion but i thought he was a good first movie villain compared to the raimi films killing off the green goblin at the end. Like seriously? He was spider man's biggest nemesis. Him being able to go head to head with the green goblin from the getgo? Cmon

Dock ock sucked because they made him out to be this everyday lovable guy. Then after he becomes evil and builds the fusion thing he says he was never evil all along and that his arms were in control the whole time. That was lame
July 12, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
Trollinator

Well I hope carnage shows up in one of these future spider-man films.

I want to see the world burn

July 12, 2012 @ 05:07 AM
cityofsavages

Well I hope carnage shows up in one of these future spider-man films.

yeah, Carnage is pretty much the most raw of all villains in Spider-Man.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

July 12, 2012 @ 06:19 AM
trolos714

Any speculations of who that is at the end talking to Connors? Also hope future sequels will do with the clone saga, that sh*t with Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider was DOPE

Wasn't he talking to himself in that cell? Or a hallucination or something?

July 12, 2012 @ 06:38 AM
cityofsavages

Wasn't he talking to himself in that cell? Or a hallucination or something?

Yeah I thought he was talking to himself or hallucinating that's why the other version of himself asked if told Peter the truth about his father, he held back info when he talked to Peter about the work he and his father had done.

City of Savages Clothing http://shop.thecityofsavages.com "Live Free or Die"

July 12, 2012 @ 06:21 PM
TheAbstrakt

this shit was so average. cast was a lot better but thats it

i hope they switch up the director for the sequel
July 12, 2012 @ 07:09 PM
adam5

this shit was so average. cast was a lot better but thats it

i hope they switch up the director for the sequel

This. Hope they do and get someone really good
July 12, 2012 @ 07:26 PM
Andretti

the last spiderman movies just ended 4 years ago why the fuck did they make a new one?! fucking stupid as shit.
toby macguire was a pussy though

floral fam man til the death - floral family man til the death

July 12, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
NZOO

Every movie, same shit.. they need a spin off focusing on "Venom/Carnage" with good actors.

Don't badmind me.

July 13, 2012 @ 11:38 AM
xVILLN

Caught a stream of this tonight.Shit was so meh I couldn't wait for it to end.
Good thing I didn't waste money on this.
All I have hope in now is Batman.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

July 13, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
Sam

Just a thought, Spiderman is never going to be anything like Nolan's Batman.. it's like Nolan made a new "standard" when it came to superhero movies, imo his take on Batman really spoiled us..
July 13, 2012 @ 06:17 PM
goldANDsacks

but i thought he was a good first movie villain compared to the raimi films killing off the green goblin at the end. Like seriously? He was spider man's biggest nemesis. Him being able to go head to head with the green goblin from the getgo? Cmon

ah, i get what u mean now. but consider this. spider-man 1 was first modern superhero movie that started this whole craze. you could argue that there was no telling how successful it would be when they made it and didn't necessarily plan on the opportunity to make 2 - 3 more sequels. so if it had been a stand-alone movie, green goblin (and his death) makes sense.
July 13, 2012 @ 06:57 PM
trolos714

Just a thought, Spiderman is never going to be anything like Nolan's Batman.. it's like Nolan made a new "standard" when it came to superhero movies, imo his take on Batman really spoiled us..

Wow. I was thinking the exact same thing after watching the new spiderman. It made me more anxious to see Batman.

July 14, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
Trespace

Batman is a completely different character than Spiderman. The Spiderman movies will never be the same as the Batman movies because they're completely different tones, you can't compare the two.
July 14, 2012 @ 03:16 AM
jaeyoung

Batman is a completely different character than Spiderman. The Spiderman movies will never be the same as the Batman movies because they're completely different tones, you can't compare the two.

I agree, they are different. But Nolan's cinematography is nothing compared to Raimi or Webb. The Batman Trilogy has amazing elements to it. These Spiderman movies are so bland -- average guy, bitten by cross-specied spider, becomes Spiderman, falls in love, conflict, resolution. The movie wasn't bad, it was just fun to watch.

Batman is a work of art. Spiderman is just entertainment. At least the films are, because I was always a Spidey fan.
July 14, 2012 @ 04:09 AM
Trespace

^True. The films thus far havent gone very in depth with the themes of spider man, but i think with this next sequel there will definitely be some more depth in both the plot and character of peter parker/spider man. The first batman movie i wasnt impressed with but i think people revere the second film because the both ledger's performance and the plot were superb, but the plot was also very dark. If people want a spider man movie to be as good as the dark knight they're basically asking for spider man films to be a lot darker.

If they're doing what i think they are (using a certain comic book storyline that lead the way to the bronze age of comics) then theyre heading in that direction for spidey. Hopefully theyll eventually introduce carnage as well if not in a spidey film then at least in an avengers team up type deal. If marvel plays its cards right theyll be rolling in dough and praise.
July 16, 2012 @ 11:54 PM
me>u

saw it today.... could've used more action as him act. catching bad guys..

the fight with the lizard in the school was dope though

instagram: funthera

July 17, 2012 @ 11:00 AM
revs boi

http://trenhaile.net/the-amazing-spiderman-vfx/

shot break downs
July 17, 2012 @ 05:44 PM

Inactive

Spiderman doesn't need to be dark. It needs better casting and actors willing to go all in... e.g. Downey, Bale, Ledger.

Please login first to reply.