FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
July 6, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
backlikethat

Spider-Man 2 >
July 6, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
PlatinumRespect

i havent seen it yet, but i thought i'd post this in here to see if you guys noticed this and agree:

reference article for the second video:
http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/was-the-untold-story-cut-from-the-amazing-spider-man/
July 6, 2012 @ 06:12 AM
Trespace

They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.

what r u talking about? even within the comics there's multiple versions of each character's "persona". the first two raimi spider-man movies were so on point in this category. they were an homage to the original golden-age spider-man. the first two movies oozed that cheesy goodness that you find in comic books from the 60's - 70's.

Spider-Man wasn't a golden age superhero,he was around during the silver age of comic books..
And no, I wouldn't say they were really that great but I know they followed/were inspired by some pretty important plotlines in the comics. It's been a while since I've seen the first two films but from what I remember the Spider-man 2 film was inspired by the Spider-Man No More story and the first film had some elements of the gwen stacy story arc even though she wasn't even in the first film lol. (The part where the green goblin dies by his own glider was taken from "the night gwen stacey died" story arc).
July 6, 2012 @ 06:21 AM
adam5

i havent seen it yet, but i thought i'd post this in here to see if you guys noticed this and agree:

reference article for the second video:
http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/was-the-untold-story-cut-from-the-amazing-spider-man/

I agree with the article and videos. If i would have watched the trailers numerous times, or had watched them before i went to go see spiderman then i would've been more keen to notice those flaws. Bottom line is this spiderman was okay, not great like the 1st two but there is still a chance for the sequel to be amazing and that's what im looking forward to. I'll probably watch the movie again this weekend just to get a better understanding off everything.
July 6, 2012 @ 11:24 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i remember while watching thinking most of the bigger scenes had been spoiled in either the trailer or one of the 25 minutes' worth of clips up online. that's not cool
July 7, 2012 @ 02:41 AM
playboyxxx

i liked it this shit was great tbh, the beginning was slow but after that i thought it was really well done

edit:
i went in with no expectations and i didnt watch trailers or read previews or none of that shit. so i wasnt dissapointed

pink like hamilton

July 7, 2012 @ 02:41 AM
playboyxxx

AND EMMA STONE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE

pink like hamilton

July 7, 2012 @ 03:23 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-the-amazing-spider-man-has-99-problems-but-an-uncle-be/
July 7, 2012 @ 07:46 AM
goldANDsacks

They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.

what r u talking about? even within the comics there's multiple versions of each character's "persona". the first two raimi spider-man movies were so on point in this category. they were an homage to the original golden-age spider-man. the first two movies oozed that cheesy goodness that you find in comic books from the 60's - 70's.

Spider-Man wasn't a golden age superhero,he was around during the silver age of comic books..
And no, I wouldn't say they were really that great but I know they followed/were inspired by some pretty important plotlines in the comics. It's been a while since I've seen the first two films but from what I remember the Spider-man 2 film was inspired by the Spider-Man No More story and the first film had some elements of the gwen stacy story arc even though she wasn't even in the first film lol. (The part where the green goblin dies by his own glider was taken from "the night gwen stacey died" story arc).

excuse me, silver age. you know what im talking about though. when i think of the inspiration for the tobey mcguire spider-man (and the raimi movies in general), i think of this everytime:

and just read those speech bubbles. they're so cheesy. which is why im a fan of raimi's (intentional) cheesiness.
July 7, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
mrsquintyeyes

i liked it because in the end they didn't kill off the villain.
like the spidermans from 2001.
its like they killed off venom, which means they would have never been able to lead to carnage
who doesn't like carnage?
July 8, 2012 @ 02:51 AM
Rizal

Can someone elaborate to me the teaser at the end part of the movie
July 8, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
Jahbs.

^ had to leave before credits ended did something happen after it ?
July 8, 2012 @ 03:16 AM
Rizal

Dr. Lizard was locked up and was either talkin to himself or there was another man in his cell waiting and was talking about the "truth" about Peters dad. along those lines
July 8, 2012 @ 02:58 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol it's funny how many people left before it was over but still say it was alright
July 8, 2012 @ 05:40 PM
Spankbank

Dr. Lizard was locked up and was either talkin to himself or there was another man in his cell waiting and was talking about the "truth" about Peters dad. along those lines

LOL, if you saw it you'd know it was another man and not himself. It's either Mysterio, Jackal, or Noman Osborn, don't know why people might speculate it's shocker. It has to be someone that knows the secrets of Richard parker.
July 8, 2012 @ 07:32 PM
Trollinator

I was thinking it was Noman Osborn.

I liked this flick tbh, it went by fast. Peter>Spider-man>villain>loves Gwen>Shows Identity>MORE MOVIES & villains

I want to see the world burn

July 8, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
Rizal

I liked this flick tbh, it went by fast. Peter>Spider-man>villain>loves Gwen>Shows Identity>MORE MOVIES & villains

word his growth to Peter to spiderman didnt take 2/3rd of the movies. pretty dope. the end credit is prolly Osborn. He'd prolly use that same science design/machinery with the green smoke and turn him into schizo/goblin
July 8, 2012 @ 08:21 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

lol his growth didn't take long because he didn't grow and he was never peter parker. he was well-acted, but idk how anyone familiar with spider-man can say that was ever peter.
July 8, 2012 @ 08:54 PM
Trespace

word his growth to Peter to spiderman didnt take 2/3rd of the movies. pretty dope. the end credit is prolly Osborn. He'd prolly use that same science design/machinery with the green smoke and turn him into schizo/goblin

Yeah, even during the movie it sorta felt like they were slightly hinting at norman osborne/ green goblin being the next villain in the sequel. Theyve already established gwen stacy as parkers girlfriend too so if they have goblin in the sequel they have the perfect setup to correlate to the comics. If not my second guess would be mysterio.
July 8, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
Spankbank

Possible spoilers, read on at your own discretion. There seems to be a few plot holes though, IF it is Norman Osborn, how did he get healed? Did Rajit some how get the "cure" to him after the bridge scene? Is he already insane with green goblin being his alter ego? Like hikaru said, it seemed like the movie was hinting towards green gob being the next villain and all the shenanigans with it following more closely with the comics, BUT, didn't Gwen have an affair with Norman Osborn in the comics? (Not sure if I remember correctly doe)
July 9, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
Trollinator

Oh yeah, Who were they trying to save. That Indian guy with the black suit? He just kept talking about their heads being chopped off!!

PS

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXP9OpafnA

July 9, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
Trollinator

Is this how mysterio turned evil

skip to 2:45

July 9, 2012 @ 02:11 PM
domingodean

hated this flick. corny, cheeze, lame, that high-school bully-victim plot will not make it, to many cringe worthy scenes. the cherry on top was that last scene about breaking promises .puke. thank god didn't go to 3d. the first tobey maguire spiderman was much more enjoyable than this.
ohhh and that crane scene followed by his limp run. fuck that shit.

17000 ferrari

July 10, 2012 @ 01:36 AM
TTHX

Wasn't a fan of this one to be honest. I liked the first two spiderman movies much more. I felt that Garfield looked like he was about to cry in about every other scene with those watery eyes all the time. Also the entire opening scene of the movie I felt was kind of unnecessary, or at least didn't need to be in that great of length.

I also felt like the anguish and frustration that Parker goes through wasn't well explored or portrayed in this version. It was more like a teenage drama on TV how things played out.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

July 10, 2012 @ 03:27 AM
goldANDsacks

ohhh and that crane scene followed by his limp run. fuck that shit.

yeah i was like... ok, he's even struggling just to get to the fight. if he beats the lizard, that's bullshit.
July 10, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
WOLFdayz

i really liked this one,
garfield is way better spidey in my opinion , fuck tobey maguire

also i find emma stone sooo sexy
July 10, 2012 @ 10:23 AM
Spankbank

Oh yeah, Who were they trying to save. That Indian guy with the black suit? He just kept talking about their heads being chopped off!!

PS

enjoy

Lol, were you not paying attention? They were trying to save Norman Osborn

As for the first 2 spiderman being better than this one...I don't know about that. This movie stayed more true to the comic than the Tobey Maguire ones. I just liked how he was more comical while in his suit AND the fact his suit looked like it was straight out of the comics
July 10, 2012 @ 09:33 PM
jaeyoung

garfield>maguire

stone>dunst

The story could've been much better.. they fucked up the whole movie when they cut off those scenes. Oh well, I still enjoyed this more than the previous franchise.
July 10, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
DStyles

The only good thing about this was Emma Stone other than that confused

Last.fm - DStyles23 Xbox Live GT: DStyles23

July 11, 2012 @ 01:13 AM
goldANDsacks

PS

enjoy

Lol, were you not paying attention? They were trying to save Norman Osborn

As for the first 2 spiderman being better than this one...I don't know about that. This movie stayed more true to the comic than the Tobey Maguire ones. I just liked how he was more comical while in his suit AND the fact his suit looked like it was straight out of the comics

lol r u trolling? how was this more like the comics? how was he "more comical in suit"? oh, that one scene when he's being a douche to the car thief? that wasn't spider-man witty.... that was just douchey. and just one scene. as far as the costume...

classic comic costume:

old movie costume:

new movie costume:

say what you want about the old movies, but the costume is a straightforward translation.

Please login first to reply.