Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 4, 2012 @ 02:04 AM
Trespace

I would've okay with spiderman 4 over this one, they would have john malkocih as vulture and that would've been sick. But if this new series does something with carnage then that could possibly be one of the best spiderman movies ever made.

I havent seen this movie yet but im kinda glad they didnt make a spider man 4, raimis directing was pretty bad. If
raimi tried to do carnage i think he wouldve butchered the character because a lot of his villains end up being a complete 180 of the comic book versions. From what ive been hearing this movie is better than the raimi films so if they did do something with carnage hopefully they could pull it off right.
July 4, 2012 @ 02:32 AM
adam5

If spiderman 3 wasn't shit then raimis wouldn't be critiqued as a director, because the first two films compared to the new installment were amazing.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:12 AM
Trespace

They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
Trespace

^ they should do the maximum carnage storyline (the one from the comics) thatd be the soo dope if they pulled that off.
July 4, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
R.

Watching this tonight whoop whoop. cool
July 4, 2012 @ 03:38 AM
adam5

They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.

Well if your going off the comics then yeah its going to look bad for not following those story lines word for word, I was born in 91' and never got around to having time to read the comics so most my knowledge comes from the fox spiderman tv show. But some examples come to mind that i can mainly think of to prove your point and that would be doc oct in the 2nd film, who else do you felt that they changed too much?
July 4, 2012 @ 05:05 AM
....ICK

**SPOILER**
Who do you think was in dr conners cell at the end? My guess is norman osborn

All my friends are black but my wives are white

July 4, 2012 @ 09:09 AM
R.

Think its Hobgoblin.
July 4, 2012 @ 09:53 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

i've been hearing a lot that they've changed the lizard from his personality in the comics to pretty much be a norman osborn substitute since it would seem too same-y for them to do green goblin again. can you guys confirm this?
July 4, 2012 @ 05:35 PM
Izuna

Well if your going off the comics then yeah its going to look bad for not following those story lines word for word, I was born in 91' and never got around to having time to read the comics so most my knowledge comes from the fox spiderman tv show. But some examples come to mind that i can mainly think of to prove your point and that would be doc oct in the 2nd film, who else do you felt that they changed too much?

But don't they change the whole story of the comic books up multiple times??? they have shit like "Earth-625" "Earth-999" "Earth392"
So why are the Comic Book Collector nerds getting so pissy over little plot changes? I feel bad for the people in charge of Marvel Movies because they have to choose which version of the character's universe they are going to portray or else an army of nerds will be furious.

btw was this movie any good?

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| http://soundcloud.com/izuna ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

July 4, 2012 @ 06:08 PM
adam5

^Honestly it was okay, nothing great. It only got me more excited for batman and made me appreciate spider 1 &2 and avengers a lot more.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:11 PM
tmwtg

This new franchise could do a lot of things right: introduce Venom/Carnage correctly, kill off Gwen Stacy.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

just seen it. there were cool moments while he was spider-man like the stan lee thing and... nothing else really. he took off his mask all the time for like no reason, the lizard looked like shit, the parent thing was unresolved, he was on a phone in the fucking sewers, etc.. the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

it wasn't even glaringly terrible. it was just kinda eh as far as what spider-man can be. it was like a good romantic comedy with spider-man pasted onto it.

and fucking lol at all the product placement. MY GOD like 15 sony logos.
July 4, 2012 @ 06:49 PM
tmwtg

the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

Not surprising because they're fucking each other irl.
July 4, 2012 @ 08:22 PM
cody2

Is the 3D necessary? I just ask because the normal 2D version is going to be playing for $2 next week at a local cinema and I don't know if I'd be missing out.
July 4, 2012 @ 08:29 PM
adam5

Is the 3D necessary? I just ask because the normal 2D version is going to be playing for $2 next week at a local cinema and I don't know if I'd be missing out.

i saw it in imax 3d and there was nothing special about it, might've been cuz i saw it in the ghetto. Either way normal 2d should be alright
July 4, 2012 @ 08:35 PM
cody2

Cool, thanks. It'll save me some money seeing it in 2d next week then.
July 4, 2012 @ 08:36 PM
adam5

This new franchise could do a lot of things right: introduce Venom/Carnage correctly, kill off Gwen Stacy.

This. Drop gwen stacy and bring in felicia hardy (someone incredibly hot though to play her part)

the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

Not surprising because they're fucking each other irl.

The interaction scenes between them seemed longer than the action scenes. I really hope they make the sequel better with less of that romantic comedy shit
July 4, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
revs boi

i thought the film was pretty good. I had low expectations though. Disregarding story changes one thing for sure is that the new Peter Parker is a lot better than Toby's emo Spidey from the original films who say's fuck all and just stares blankly. The new one is a lot more comic accurate. This Spider-man actually cracks jokes and is sarcastic. His moves and combat during fight sequences is also more authentic to the comics. He comes across as really agile and nimble compared to the original Spider-man films.
July 5, 2012 @ 03:13 AM
9inchesofsole

^
co-sign. I actually like this better than the Sam Raimi "Spiderman".
July 5, 2012 @ 03:25 AM

Inactive

Spiderman 3 is the movie of our generation. Who mad?
July 5, 2012 @ 05:41 AM
Shoutbox

for those of you who have seen it how does it compare to sam raimi's spiderman?

more like along side the first 3, this one is....?
July 5, 2012 @ 08:10 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

this makes you care about peter/gwen/aunt may/uncle ben more than the other ones did with mary jane and them. but imo the villains in every previous spider-man movies are all better than the lizard and even though andrew garfield is the better peter the fight scenes in the raimi films were more ambitious. everyone remembers the fights in them, but these were kind of an afterthought. other than the stan lee shit lol.
July 5, 2012 @ 11:23 AM
9inchesofsole

stone > dunst
July 5, 2012 @ 06:27 PM
DaPark

Ehh, average but liked how it was much in-depth with the parents and uncle/auntie situation.

hb weindis "No wonder drake makes love songs. Seeing all these 10's around toronto. damn. Just gained alot of dislike for my city."

July 5, 2012 @ 07:41 PM
VNDTAkast

stone > dunst

All day.

I actually thought the movie was great. The cast was on point. And I definitely didn't mind seeing the origins of spider man all over again. Even though that was one of the main issues I was having going into the movie.

This one alone topples all 3 past Spiderman's. K. Dunst as mary jane? that was awful.

Instagram: VNDTAkast

July 5, 2012 @ 07:56 PM
9inchesofsole

**SPOILER**
Who do you think was in dr conners cell at the end? My guess is norman osborn

it's been confirmed its not Norman Osborn
July 5, 2012 @ 08:02 PM
TwiggyDig

for those of you who have seen it how does it compare to sam raimi's spiderman?

more like along side the first 3, this one is....?

I thought the original Toby M movie was better, just as an overall movie. yet i thought the actors were much better in this one.

Yet I liked the OG movie cuz there was more action, the Villain was a million times better and the story was just better.
July 6, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
goldANDsacks

what r u talking about? even within the comics there's multiple versions of each character's "persona". the first two raimi spider-man movies were so on point in this category. they were an homage to the original golden-age spider-man. the first two movies oozed that cheesy goodness that you find in comic books from the 60's - 70's.
July 6, 2012 @ 02:55 AM
Shoutbox

so i was watching the old spiderman movies on FX and im sorry but they were pretty bad. the effects and the cheesy acting completely ruin the great casting they had going on. i understand your point gold, about it being an homage to the golden era spiderman, but still.

Please login first to reply.