SPIDER-MAN reboot

July 03, 2012 @ 16:08:03
Anyone watch it yet? Watching it on Wednesday. For those he did watched it, was it a good reboot?
July 03, 2012 @ 16:30:51
Anyone watch it yet? Watching it on Wednesday. For those he did watched it, was it a good reboot?

It's badass! This dude is a much better Peter Parker. Im already excited for the sequel

All my friends are black but my wives are white

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 03, 2012 @ 20:45:18

It's badass! This dude is a much better Peter Parker. Im already excited for the sequel

Sequel!!!!!!!!! you spoiled it -_-

I want to see the world burn

July 03, 2012 @ 20:53:12
Saw the midnight showing, it was pretty good. Way better than spiderman 3, but sucks compared to spiderman 1 and 2. The whole movie he's just getting his ass beat and then out of no where beats doc connors.

Toby was a way better spiderman, the social network guy didn't fit the roll imo
July 03, 2012 @ 21:05:00
^ Is there a Stan Lee cameo in this one?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 03, 2012 @ 21:21:12
^ Is there a Stan Lee cameo in this one?

Yes there is. Pretty funny one too.
July 03, 2012 @ 21:39:03
I would've okay with spiderman 4 over this one, they would have john malkocih as vulture and that would've been sick. But if this new series does something with carnage then that could possibly be one of the best spiderman movies ever made.
July 03, 2012 @ 21:39:42
Also what happened in the end credits? i didnt bother to stick around for them
July 03, 2012 @ 21:53:20
Originally posted by Inactive User

Sequel!!!!!!!!! you spoiled it -_-

Not really of course theyre going to continue it

July 04, 2012 @ 02:04:52
I would've okay with spiderman 4 over this one, they would have john malkocih as vulture and that would've been sick. But if this new series does something with carnage then that could possibly be one of the best spiderman movies ever made.

I havent seen this movie yet but im kinda glad they didnt make a spider man 4, raimis directing was pretty bad. If
raimi tried to do carnage i think he wouldve butchered the character because a lot of his villains end up being a complete 180 of the comic book versions. From what ive been hearing this movie is better than the raimi films so if they did do something with carnage hopefully they could pull it off right.
July 04, 2012 @ 02:32:49
If spiderman 3 wasn't shit then raimis wouldn't be critiqued as a director, because the first two films compared to the new installment were amazing.
July 04, 2012 @ 03:12:59
They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.

July 04, 2012 @ 03:17:45
^ they should do the maximum carnage storyline (the one from the comics) thatd be the soo dope if they pulled that off.
July 04, 2012 @ 03:24:45
Watching this tonight whoop whoop. smokeyface
July 04, 2012 @ 03:38:11
They were way better than the 3rd that is true but both they were all crappy adaptations of spider man. The action was cool yes but most of the characters and villains were butchered and/or changed from their comic book personas even when they didnt need to be.

Well if your going off the comics then yeah its going to look bad for not following those story lines word for word, I was born in 91' and never got around to having time to read the comics so most my knowledge comes from the fox spiderman tv show. But some examples come to mind that i can mainly think of to prove your point and that would be doc oct in the 2nd film, who else do you felt that they changed too much?
July 04, 2012 @ 05:05:42
**SPOILER**
Who do you think was in dr conners cell at the end? My guess is norman osborn

July 04, 2012 @ 09:09:53
Think its Hobgoblin.
July 04, 2012 @ 09:53:42
i've been hearing a lot that they've changed the lizard from his personality in the comics to pretty much be a norman osborn substitute since it would seem too same-y for them to do green goblin again. can you guys confirm this?
July 04, 2012 @ 17:35:50

Well if your going off the comics then yeah its going to look bad for not following those story lines word for word, I was born in 91' and never got around to having time to read the comics so most my knowledge comes from the fox spiderman tv show. But some examples come to mind that i can mainly think of to prove your point and that would be doc oct in the 2nd film, who else do you felt that they changed too much?

But don't they change the whole story of the comic books up multiple times??? they have shit like "Earth-625" "Earth-999" "Earth392"
So why are the Comic Book Collector nerds getting so pissy over little plot changes? I feel bad for the people in charge of Marvel Movies because they have to choose which version of the character's universe they are going to portray or else an army of nerds will be furious.

btw was this movie any good?
July 04, 2012 @ 18:08:42
^Honestly it was okay, nothing great. It only got me more excited for batman and made me appreciate spider 1 &2 and avengers a lot more.
July 04, 2012 @ 18:11:05
This new franchise could do a lot of things right: introduce Venom/Carnage correctly, kill off Gwen Stacy.
July 04, 2012 @ 18:19:00
just seen it. there were cool moments while he was spider-man like the stan lee thing and... nothing else really. he took off his mask all the time for like no reason, the lizard looked like shit, the parent thing was unresolved, he was on a phone in the fucking sewers, etc.. the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

it wasn't even glaringly terrible. it was just kinda eh as far as what spider-man can be. it was like a good romantic comedy with spider-man pasted onto it.

and fucking lol at all the product placement. MY GOD like 15 sony logos.
July 04, 2012 @ 18:49:04
the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

Not surprising because they're fucking each other irl.
July 04, 2012 @ 20:22:06
Is the 3D necessary? I just ask because the normal 2D version is going to be playing for $2 next week at a local cinema and I don't know if I'd be missing out.
July 04, 2012 @ 20:29:08
Is the 3D necessary? I just ask because the normal 2D version is going to be playing for $2 next week at a local cinema and I don't know if I'd be missing out.

i saw it in imax 3d and there was nothing special about it, might've been cuz i saw it in the ghetto. Either way normal 2d should be alright
July 04, 2012 @ 20:35:12
Cool, thanks. It'll save me some money seeing it in 2d next week then.
July 04, 2012 @ 20:36:22
This new franchise could do a lot of things right: introduce Venom/Carnage correctly, kill off Gwen Stacy.

This. Drop gwen stacy and bring in felicia hardy (someone incredibly hot though to play her part)

the best stuff was gwen/peter and basically all their interactions, which isn't surprising given the director.

Not surprising because they're fucking each other irl.

The interaction scenes between them seemed longer than the action scenes. I really hope they make the sequel better with less of that romantic comedy shit
Please login first to reply.
x