February 18, 2010 @ 03:02 AM
drewster

I thought it was great, dont go in expecting the Departed tho.

Thats what i heard

Also that the focus is more on the movies detail to light and effects which makes it look to good in trailers
February 18, 2010 @ 07:12 AM
Kingkoor

After you guys see it, if you need me to tie up some loose ends for you guys let me know. The movie leaves some things open for question where the book breaks pretty much everything down. Upon further reflection this movie was an excellent adaptation from the book.
February 18, 2010 @ 03:48 PM
frrresh

by the way rumors are that scorsese is gonna do a remake of taxi driver with Lars von Trier(Director/writer of antichrist) and apparently de niro would play the same character yet again...but this could all be bs so dont take my word for it....

cheers
February 18, 2010 @ 07:38 PM
sjem

Yeah it is bs.
Von Trier’s business partner Peter Aalbaek Jensen tells ScreenDaily that “what is written” by the Danish film magazine “is not true.” He confimed that the two directors had met at the Berlinale but said rumors von Trier wanted to re-make Taxi Driver were “rubbish”.

Read more: Lars von Trier Has No Plans To Remake Taxi Driver | /Film www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/15/lars-von-trier-has-no-plans-to-remake-taxi-driver/#ixzz0fwRg2byZ
February 19, 2010 @ 01:47 AM
Laponius

definitely seeing this this weekend
February 19, 2010 @ 12:31 PM
Jonney E

cannot wait to see scorsese's latest picture

Subscribe to me on YouTube @ http://jonneye.com

February 19, 2010 @ 10:06 PM
Capt Baho

just watched it. very good. if you like mind fuck movies, this is perfect.
February 19, 2010 @ 11:19 PM
Eaton

fucking awesome

http://mattbiggavel.tumblr.com/ http://twitter.com/#!/mattchv SUPREME FS LARGE ITEMS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/168404/

February 20, 2010 @ 09:59 AM
alberto1989

Saw it yesterday with my girl, I enjoyed it a lot
February 20, 2010 @ 03:43 PM
9inchesofsole

yeah movie was good, like what capt. said totally fucks with your mind.
February 20, 2010 @ 06:35 PM
Hobbes.

Movie was much better than I thought it would be. Felt pretty unsure/uncomfortable with what I was watching pretty much the whole time (in a good way). Not to mention all the little things that would change, creating excellent mindfucks.
February 20, 2010 @ 09:55 PM
fatmonstercock

It was so sick. Scorsese fuckin delivered on this one, the dream sequences were amazing.
February 20, 2010 @ 11:17 PM
Mo Helio

yeah it was a dope movie.

Scorsese delivers...again.
February 21, 2010 @ 12:27 AM
ThatHipsterHapa

Just came back from watching it. Definitely thought provoking. Great movie.
February 21, 2010 @ 12:30 AM
vinftw

After you guys see it, if you need me to tie up some loose ends for you guys let me know. The movie leaves some things open for question where the book breaks pretty much everything down. Upon further reflection this movie was an excellent adaptation from the book.

yeah, movie i thought was iight, was not what i expected, can you pm me, i'm confused what happens in the end and what he meant by what he said.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208326 WTAPS BDU

February 21, 2010 @ 01:11 AM
Leviathan

Yeah it is bs.

Thank god. but if you think about it why would scorsese want to remake one of his masterpieces in the firt place?
February 21, 2010 @ 01:41 AM
FFFiasco

dicaprio hasnt acted since whats eating gilbert grape razz
February 21, 2010 @ 09:56 AM
Vancouver

I thought this movie was sick. I thot I had this shit pieced together then I kept getting fucked like every 10 minutes and then finally in the end I was like no way this is happening. what a great movie IMO
February 21, 2010 @ 11:25 AM
Shaun

I'm gonna have to check this out.
February 22, 2010 @ 01:07 AM
swla

hah the book and the movie have almost the same exact dialogue. The movie ended did leave it ambiguous whereas the book ending has a definite ending.

swlosangeles.com

February 22, 2010 @ 12:59 PM
Kingkoor

hah the book and the movie have almost the same exact dialogue. The movie ended did leave it ambiguous whereas the book ending has a definite ending.

True but the book goes deep into the realtionship between dicaprio and his wife, but more importantly it pays alot of attention to the code, the anagrams and the 4.
February 22, 2010 @ 01:33 PM
Super Nintendo Chalmers

dicaprio hasnt acted since whats eating gilbert grape razz

confused confused Really b? I disagree.

I thought it was a great movie. IMO, scorsese gets better with every flick. Not saying that each flick is better than the last, just saying, his ability grows. I loved this joint.
February 22, 2010 @ 05:19 PM
POLjb

someone explain the ending to me
February 22, 2010 @ 09:30 PM
Alan_Watts

the movie reminded me too much of memento and it definitely needed wayy more violence...i usually really like dicaprio flicks, the departed and blood diamond were great movies but this shit kinda sucked..
February 24, 2010 @ 11:50 AM
Potsnu

Saw the movie last night. I loved the movie the whole way up until the lighthouse "reveal". At that point I was slightly disappointed since it felt like another Identity plot twist. However after sitting on it for a bit, I still think it was a great movie.

The art direction, the images, the emotions they evoked were fantastic. What makes this a great movie is that there is no clear cut definitive answer. You can interpret the movie a number of ways and you can still be right. Of course the 3 scenarios I drew up:

1) There is a conspiracy and Teddy realized he can't get off the island so he would rather get lobotomized. Probably the most far fetched one.

2) Teddy was never cured. He told the doctors exactly what they wanted to hear. However after sitting on the steps and the realization he would have to live his life pretending to be insane, he would rather get lobotomized.

3) Teddy was cured. He faked his relapse so that he doesn't have to live his life knowing he killed his wife.

Other interesting things:

I noticed right at the beginning Chuck couldn't remove his gun from his holster. This actually led me to believe he was in on it the whole time.

Electric fence looked familiar because he has seen it before!

When asked if Dr. Sheen ever made a pass at her, she said she wanted water cos the doctor was right in front of her.

The guards were on edge because Teddy was roaming freely on the island.
February 25, 2010 @ 10:36 PM
wiznerd1

this shit was crazy but way too long
February 25, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
aztecasteve

this movie was great
although sort of saw the ending coming
although one can argue both ways
February 26, 2010 @ 03:17 PM
yoneek

Flick had me straight silent on the way home, lol cool
Anyone catch the part where Leo was interrogating that axe lady and she asks Leo's partner for a glass of water. when he gives her the cup of water, it shows her holding nothing but still making the drinking motion. And in the scene right after it shows the cup of water on the table??? wtf?! confusedconfusedconfused
February 27, 2010 @ 06:48 PM
KRS-1

This Movie Fucked With My Head
February 27, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
nasDAQ

This Movie Fucked With My Head

i was already high as fuck, how do u think i felt?

burned a blunt right before the movie started.. im sittin there thinkin' the shit is 3d for the first 10 min. But nonetheless the movie was crazy.. i might go see it again with other people.
Some parts cracked me up.. like when he's holding his dead daughter and shes like, "I'm Dead"
Being high, i crack the fuck up in the theatre lol

Please login first to reply.