Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
September 22, 2010 @ 02:08 AM
sjem

I'm on the bus with an asian (indian/pakistani) gideon look a like. I think he wants to know why I keep staring at him.
October 9, 2010 @ 05:38 AM
ruben

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world is romantic comedy. It is the story of a boy whose life is full of excitements and he is very much passionate about his love and truly awesome movie, I liked it.
October 16, 2010 @ 01:56 PM
Fixx

i thought this movie was horrible the plot and main acotr just was funny or anything to me..
October 18, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
illexpreshun

This movie is so underrated...visually, the best movie all summer.
October 18, 2010 @ 08:59 PM
OnlyOnes

This movie is good but then the novelty wears off pretty fast.
October 29, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
young idiot

Just saw it, and my god, I was so let down.

The jokes mostly didn't work -- just an endless stream of recycled lines from the books -- the romance was glossed over in favour of ticking the evil ex boxes, the evil exes weren't given enough time to mean anything.

That was the main issue; it was like watching a 30 Rock movie (it being a very densely joke-filled show), but if it was based on the entire show, and they just used jokes out of context and rushed everything. This film should not have been made. I can't imagine how forgettable it would be to someone unfamiliar with the books. Probably the only good thing about the movie is that it will attract more readers.]

God, what a shame.
October 31, 2010 @ 02:00 AM

Guess I'll just wait to rent it. I was looking forward to this, too. Damn.
October 31, 2010 @ 02:11 AM
xVILLN

it kind of pains me to say this,but i think the movie would have been better without the 7 ex's.
like,the way the movie was set up before he had the first fight with mathew pattel seemed fine to me.it just got really repetitive once the ex's started rolling thru.

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

October 31, 2010 @ 07:09 AM
sjem

Guess I'll just wait to rent it. I was looking forward to this, too. Damn.

If you haven't read any of the graphic novels then you'll probably like it.
November 5, 2010 @ 02:13 PM
ReZ

blu-ray torrent only took me an hour
November 5, 2010 @ 02:28 PM
Trollinator

its out already?

I want to see the world burn

November 12, 2010 @ 07:59 AM
young idiot

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LTJ-Akfa_w

best thing about the movie was the soundtrack
December 7, 2010 @ 07:32 AM
WordSpit

You dudes are wilding, I read the comic and seen the movie a whole bunch of times. This shit was illy.

If you read the comic than there is no way you could of been dissappointed. The character plot was sweet.
December 7, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
subigdog

^ yea i argee the movie was good thinking about picking it up with inception today but i think that was the whole point to the movie was for them to use the recycled lines and corny jokes thats what make the movie funny
December 7, 2010 @ 11:26 AM
WordSpit

Yea, it was the point, but that's one part of the movie. If you actually listen to the score and the back ground music it is totally mind blowing. Visually it is on a different platto .. They didn't spend money beefing it up with graphics. The graph was simple and effective.
December 7, 2010 @ 12:21 PM
sjem

You dudes are wilding, I read the comic and seen the movie a whole bunch of times. This shit was illy.

If you read the comic than there is no way you could of been dissappointed. The character plot was sweet.

Are you fucking serious? I don't see how anyone who read the novels could be anything other than disappointed. There was so much brilliance in the book that wasn't touched on in the film, the characters (Ramona) were completely different and I dunno I just felt that it was pretty repetitive which it wasn't in the book.
December 7, 2010 @ 12:38 PM
WordSpit

My man they manage to get the point across in 2hours. Not only did they do that, but they added in little new stuff that made it different from the book but still interesting.

The books will always be way better. But if they followed the book it would be a 4 hour movie. They still held true to the book and made it so other people who hasn't read the novel could relate.

I feel like your putting it under the microscope.
December 7, 2010 @ 02:36 PM
sjem

Why wouldn't I put it under the microscope, I'm not gonna just say "Oh it looked cool so yeah, sick movie". And if they found the time to add in new little things then why couldn't they have replaced them with stuff from the books like the fact that Ramona was actually a dick to Scott in general and elaborate on the whole Hyperspace (correct me if it's the wrong name) thing which was one of the great things in the books.

I dunno I just feel it could have been a lot better, obviously not better than the books but still, definitely room for improvement in terms of how it was adapted.
December 7, 2010 @ 02:50 PM
WordSpit

Yea, She def was a dick lol, but I'm not only judging on the visual, I'm judging on everything.

Ofcourse they could of colabed on the sub space high way a little more, or th fact gideon was hiding in her head. They could of even thru in the whole capturing of all his ex's but that doesn't take away from what they did.

We could look at Harry Potter in the same light, Lords Of The Rings...etc but we can't say it's not a brillant movie.
December 7, 2010 @ 02:57 PM
young idiot

i think it could've benefited from being double length, like kill bill or something. that way, they could've shown the timespan of the relationship to be a year like in the books, and a lot of the really good character stuff from volumes 4-6 could've been touched on.

i dunno how bryan lee o'malley is a fan of it. maybe it's just a money thing, or edgar wright is a really nice guy.
December 7, 2010 @ 03:08 PM
WordSpit

That would of prolly been a sicker idea im not going to lie. But I think bryans a fan because it accomplished his vision with out comprimising the true story.

Please login first to reply.