How To Make It In America

November 19, 2011 @ 21:06:24
^Supreme is a basic brand for sure but they are subtle with their designs. Instead of focusing on "how loud can we make this?" they focus on using different materials and patterns. What specifically annoyed me about their logo was how basic their font was, the font just looked off with what they were trying to pull off.
November 19, 2011 @ 22:55:55
Supreme has been around since 94, staying successful & relevant is harder than you all think.
November 19, 2011 @ 23:33:38
Supreme has been around since 94, staying successful & relevant is harder than you all think.

exactly
November 20, 2011 @ 04:41:00
sometimes its not about the money,you guys is herms

i see where cam is coming from,them dudes put blood sweat and tears into crisp

I feel like ben is going to do the right thing and say forget nancy and yoshi

cause he going to roll with his homie

you guys are wack,if you believe in something and love something money is not mandatory,its a bonus

I see what ur saying but it doesn't apply to this show. I said this last week, but Ben and cam really haven't Invested that much into crisp. It makes no sense for cam to be so loyal to it. Really, they've been working on that shit for like a year at most? They made a tee and some hoodies to fill one lookbook? And everything just kind of fell in their laps. From the deal with the japanese guy to meeting yosi. It was all like "hey lets talk to this person and see wht happens." I didn't see any blood sweat or tears... Or at least the show doesn't convey that.

This is their first venture into the fashion industry and Cam thinks he can run shit? i like how Yosi said "come with me, I'll teach u the industry." it makes so much more sense to take the deal, get the experience, and make the money to start a new brand on their own money and their own terms.

Cam is a fucking idiot. I wanna just punch him in the face.

Why would you try to sell the rasta monsta spray? How much money are u gonna make off that? Assuming they have 500 bottles, and they make $10 profit off each bottle, they get $5000. How are they gonna manufacture 5000 hoodies at $1 each to sell the Gadzooks?

And the whole weed spray is linked to rasta monsta thing is because they are using the same name and logo. Ppl like the weed spray because of the name (according to Dom). Just make a new fucking logo for the weed spray! Isn't that what Ben does for a living? With a different logo Rene and Cam can make the case that the name is a coincidence and is unlinked to the drink. Then Rene can tell the Caribbean league and Skate shop to take it up with whoever makes the weed spray.

Heh. This show...

Bro you doing too much with this analysis man. Its an HBO 30 min show. Take it for what it is.

i liked this episode and I'm really liking this season. All the events really fit in with the narrative of the story line. Look back at the hate this season got on this forum from the first few eps. Look at all the discussion the past few eps have created on this board.
November 20, 2011 @ 04:52:05
Originally posted by Inactive User
sometimes its not about the money,you guys is herms

i see where cam is coming from,them dudes put blood sweat and tears into crisp

I feel like ben is going to do the right thing and say forget nancy and yoshi

cause he going to roll with his homie

you guys are wack,if you believe in something and love something money is not mandatory,its a bonus

I see what ur saying but it doesn't apply to this show. I said this last week, but Ben and cam really haven't Invested that much into crisp. It makes no sense for cam to be so loyal to it. Really, they've been working on that shit for like a year at most? They made a tee and some hoodies to fill one lookbook? And everything just kind of fell in their laps. From the deal with the japanese guy to meeting yosi. It was all like "hey lets talk to this person and see wht happens." I didn't see any blood sweat or tears... Or at least the show doesn't convey that.

This is their first venture into the fashion industry and Cam thinks he can run shit? i like how Yosi said "come with me, I'll teach u the industry." it makes so much more sense to take the deal, get the experience, and make the money to start a new brand on their own money and their own terms.

Cam is a fucking idiot. I wanna just punch him in the face.

Why would you try to sell the rasta monsta spray? How much money are u gonna make off that? Assuming they have 500 bottles, and they make $10 profit off each bottle, they get $5000. How are they gonna manufacture 5000 hoodies at $1 each to sell the Gadzooks?

And the whole weed spray is linked to rasta monsta thing is because they are using the same name and logo. Ppl like the weed spray because of the name (according to Dom). Just make a new fucking logo for the weed spray! Isn't that what Ben does for a living? With a different logo Rene and Cam can make the case that the name is a coincidence and is unlinked to the drink. Then Rene can tell the Caribbean league and Skate shop to take it up with whoever makes the weed spray.

Heh. This show...

Bro you doing too much with this analysis man. Its an HBO 30 min show. Take it for what it is.

i liked this episode and I'm really liking this season. All the events really fit in with the narrative of the story line. Look back at the hate this season got on this forum from the first few eps. Look at all the discussion the past few eps have created on this board.

boog speaks the truth.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off Lucasj : I drink milk like it's nut

November 21, 2011 @ 01:06:56
So much passion up there ^. I like the amount of analyzing that Boogz did. Considering it's true. C'mon they are basically implying there's no blood sweat or tears being put in at this time. Just random come ups and pitfalls.

Foamposite "White Out" I Air Jordan IX / XI / XIII I XIV Retro 2013 "He Got Game" I OGs I Nike SBs I Margeilas

November 21, 2011 @ 01:29:21
yeah they should just sell. is this the last episode? i kinda could go for like 5 more. i feel like the season was far too short.

free max b 2013

November 21, 2011 @ 03:08:51
People just hate the fact that this show makes "Making it" look too easy. The writing imo is on point and keeps me watching for what's going to happen next.

Don't badmind me.

November 21, 2011 @ 03:49:42
Bruh this shit crazy.

Crisp X Supreme coming soon watch.
November 21, 2011 @ 04:23:53
Anyone got a Link for the Season Finale?

Foamposite "White Out" I Air Jordan IX / XI / XIII I XIV Retro 2013 "He Got Game" I OGs I Nike SBs I Margeilas

November 21, 2011 @ 04:41:03
Boom, season finale of How To Make It In America.

http://www.officialhype.org/2011/11/watch-how-to-make-it-in-america-ep-8.html
November 21, 2011 @ 04:53:51
jaded
Finale was good smokeyface

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 21, 2011 @ 05:07:55
i want some CRISP selvedge !
November 21, 2011 @ 05:30:07
The finale was better than I expected. I thought shit was gonna go downhill and maybe end with a bad cliffhanger. Ben did his thang. smokeyface
November 21, 2011 @ 05:31:03
That "Fuckin Crisp" reminded me a lot of those Supreme x A.P.C. jeans they did a few years ago. Same color stitching and placement
November 21, 2011 @ 05:32:45
I have a horrible feeling that HBO won't renew for a third season.
November 21, 2011 @ 05:34:54
^
Sad. Second season was actually good and watchable compared to the first.

Finale was the first episode I actually laughed out loud. Which is a good thing because I never found myself laughing at Entourage.

Pusha's chinese new year verse too smokeyface
November 21, 2011 @ 05:48:57
That "Fuckin Crisp" reminded me a lot of those Supreme x A.P.C. jeans they did a few years ago. Same color stitching and placement

That's because it is, lol.

Solid finale. I had a feeling Ben was going to bail on Yosi when they showed him slaving away doing design work.
November 21, 2011 @ 05:57:23
jaded

I don't know, HBO is pretty good about letting shows get off the ground and build a following. I think it'll be back.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 21, 2011 @ 05:58:29

fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk. hb fam unite, its petitioning time.
November 21, 2011 @ 06:10:35
in real life, NO ONE would turn down a $200k check. finale was decent
November 21, 2011 @ 06:29:52
Yea the fuckin crisp was a total bite on supreme. But the finale was pretty good, east bound should start up soon to take my focus of how to make if for a few months. I hope a few more seasons get made.
November 21, 2011 @ 06:47:19
good finale ,
i wish shit would just work out so fucking perfectly in my life,
as everything seems to in this show
November 21, 2011 @ 08:12:24
I liked the finale other than the stuff with Rasta Monsta. I would have liked to have seen Domingo get fucked up. I can't see Rene just forgetting about that especially that it caused him to lose his fiance.
November 21, 2011 @ 08:14:19
i want some CRISP selvedge !

CRISP x APC x SUPREME
November 21, 2011 @ 09:03:49
Damn i wish i could solve all my problems in under 30 minutes smokeyface

shit this ep put a fucking smile on my face and it's 4 AM over here lol...

FREE CAPO

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

November 21, 2011 @ 10:12:38
Drewbacca
lol. it always gets better before the finale. next season they will have some crazy bigass unrealistic brand.

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

November 21, 2011 @ 11:24:31
Good episode.
I lol'd when cudi kicked in the door when cam was talking to that jamaican cat.
That "fuckin crisp" stitching was laughable as well.blatant as fuck.
November 21, 2011 @ 16:34:43
in real life, NO ONE would turn down a $200k check. finale was decent

200k was just one of many checks, dgaf I'd use that money to flip on the denim brand..

Don't badmind me.

November 21, 2011 @ 16:44:32
lol at the homo jamaican leader and lol at fuckin crisp.
Please login first to reply.
x