March 29, 2014 @ 10:09 PM
fernyysanchez

i think it was fitting that everyone met the mom before Ted. made it seem more epic. cant wait to see how it all ends lol
April 1, 2014 @ 01:28 AM
Black Manta

I'm ok with the ending. Then again I never really watched it consistently.

Tracy was fine, though sad

LTE bands will make her dance.

April 1, 2014 @ 04:09 AM
unoedoe

The feels. I grew up watching the show.
April 1, 2014 @ 05:06 AM
PersianRugs

A lot of negative feedback on how this ended.

I'm not a fan of how they tied up Barney's storyline.
April 1, 2014 @ 06:36 AM
fernyysanchez

A lot of negative feedback on how this ended.

I'm not a fan of how they tied up Barney's storyline.
Barney's side of the story was the most fucked up part. Karma got him for playing all those girls? they could've at least showed who the woman he knocked up was. i guess the writers wanted to show how Barney found happiness in something he never wanted (a kid) but Barney's last scene was him being tired because of the kid? come on!

Ted going back to robin made me even more mad.. how could he go back to her? smh!!!!!
April 1, 2014 @ 06:39 AM
GoRubio

I personally didn't like the way they ended it.
But another thing. I watched an episode the other day, and it was with Robin telling how she met the father, and it was supposed to be Barney. Soooooooooooooooo... IDK. The last season was so great, and the last episode was alright, but just the way the ended everything sucked. 
April 1, 2014 @ 08:57 AM
chief

In terms of nostalgia, it was a great episode because it featured a lot of running jokes. I didn't like how they quickly went through the years though. It was like the opposite of how the rest of the season was stretched out over the wedding weekend.

It was sad to see Barney and Robin divorce, especially since he devised the most epic play for his proposal. I didn't like how they tied up Barney's story at all though. There wasn't any epic Barney send off at all. It was just him being proud to be a father and that just didn't do it for me.

How the fuck you gonna kill off the mom after we waited 9 seasons to see her? Have mixed feelings about Ted going back to Robin after he was supposedly so in love with the mom. But I thought it was cool how they brought it full circle with the blue french horn.

Edit: So I just read the last scene with his kids where they persuade him to call Robin was filmed back in 2006 because they realized the kids would age too quickly. In my opinion, they should have completely cut this scene and gone with a different ending, rather than try and rework the story that was naturally unfolding within the series...

•••

April 1, 2014 @ 10:29 AM
Pantic

Real life ending, that's cool, no fairy tale bs.
April 1, 2014 @ 05:21 PM
fernyysanchez

I personally didn't like the way they ended it.
But another thing. I watched an episode the other day, and it was with Robin telling how she met the father, and it was supposed to be Barney. Soooooooooooooooo... IDK. The last season was so great, and the last episode was alright, but just the way the ended everything sucked. 
that episode was before Robin was told she wasn't able to have kids. so it was while she thought she was pregnant with Barney's child i believe. I think that's why they always had her with dogs lol 

In terms of nostalgia, it was a great episode because it featured a lot of running jokes. I didn't like how they quickly went through the years though. It was like the opposite of how the rest of the season was stretched out over the wedding weekend.

It was sad to see Barney and Robin divorce, especially since he devised the most epic play for his proposal. I didn't like how they tied up Barney's story at all though. There wasn't any epic Barney send off at all. It was just him being proud to be a father and that just didn't do it for me.

How the fuck you gonna kill off the mom after we waited 9 seasons to see her? Have mixed feelings about Ted going back to Robin after he was supposedly so in love with the mom. But I thought it was cool how they brought it full circle with the blue french horn.

Edit: So I just read the last scene with his kids where they persuade him to call Robin was filmed back in 2006 because they realized the kids would age too quickly. In my opinion, they should have completely cut this scene and gone with a different ending, rather than try and rework the story that was naturally unfolding within the series...
the fast forwarding through the years had me confused lol had to rewind and look at the dates. but they made Ted look so stubborn for going back to Robin after all those years. 
April 1, 2014 @ 06:54 PM
chief

I just watched the last 15 minutes or so again. Even though they filmed the last segment of the kids in 2006, it was such a copout.

Ted meets her on the train platform and they have their first conversation under the yellow umbrella. The camera cuts to future Ted facing the audience and says "And that kids, is how I met your mother". Cut to credits.

That's how it should have ended, without them cutting back to the kids for a final scene. Ted wasn't just telling his kids the story of how he met the mother. He was telling all the people who grew up over 9 years of watching the show, how he met the mother.

•••

April 1, 2014 @ 10:50 PM
fernyysanchez

I just watched the last 15 minutes or so again. Even though they filmed the last segment of the kids in 2006, it was such a copout.

Ted meets her on the train platform and they have their first conversation under the yellow umbrella. The camera cuts to future Ted facing the audience and says "And that kids, is how I met your mother". Cut to credits.

That's how it should have ended, without them cutting back to the kids for a final scene. Ted wasn't just telling his kids the story of how he met the mother. He was telling all the people who grew up over 9 years of watching the show, how he met the mother.

way better ending!!!! i guess they wanted to add one last shock to the audience by telling us that the mother was dead for 6 years.
April 2, 2014 @ 07:38 PM
taylabrewer

My girlfriend was disappointed in this ending, and I don't blame her. Kind of anticlimactic.

Please login first to reply.