Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 15, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
inkwell

saw it
yo, i thought it was a really badass film....the alien design was awesome, and the weapons were fucking sweet! Plus, i really liked the commentary on the fucked up nature of the human race and how we have this built-in desire to control and destroy...its sick really, but hey i loved the film. If you get motion sickness easily sit as far back as you can i was about to hurl at some points, but im real delicate like that razz
August 15, 2009 @ 04:17 PM
Hogg513

i heard it was good
August 15, 2009 @ 04:19 PM
deep

Seeing this in two hours. So pumped right now.
August 15, 2009 @ 04:30 PM
W33ZY

it was pretty dope...kinda liked the documntery type feel...
August 15, 2009 @ 07:13 PM
mixtape_03

just saw it 30 mins ago, real good film. great storyline, shows some of America's flaws and brings out some truth. esp with the "terrorist" part. . highly suggest you go see this!
August 15, 2009 @ 09:38 PM
deep

Ya'll are crazy for saying this movie was alright and only giving it a 3.5. This movie was phenomenal. Probably the best movie I've seen in a long time and definitely goes in my top 5. The way it ended with the metal flower was so perfect. I never saw it coming. I just thought Christopher was going to come back and change Vickers back. Completely blew me away and I still can't take it all in.

Great movie.
August 15, 2009 @ 09:53 PM
Darter

this was amazing in every way, 9 out 10 for sure. I think it could be the start of a great sifi saga. Just hope it makes enough money for them to make the sequel.
August 15, 2009 @ 10:12 PM
no1collector

Most of my friends who loved G.I. Joe or Transformers found this movie to be boring. IMO, it's because this movie is more of a mental film than an action flick. It touches on racism, morality, (non)human rights, etc. I liked it and gave it a 8/10.
August 15, 2009 @ 10:24 PM
deep

Def not the movie of the summer. Transformers took that all ready.

*I almost dosed off during District 9.

I think its a decent movie for the theaters but i dont think it has replay value, meaning ill go back to see it or even buy for my own collection.

I don't know. District 9 is definitely up for movie of the year. Transformers probably will be too.
August 15, 2009 @ 10:40 PM
TheOne

I need to seee it
August 15, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
chex

Transformers probably will be up for movie of the year because it's Transformers. I didn't like #2. Dragged on way too long, but I'm looking forward to D9.
August 16, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
srconan

fuck im grounded, i hella need to see this shit asap.

Fuck Off

August 16, 2009 @ 10:43 AM
Rebels of the Future

fucking dope movie! This is the movie to see for the summer!
August 16, 2009 @ 11:13 AM
owensA

I don't know. District 9 is definitely up for movie of the year. Transformers probably will be too.

Are you talking about the Oscars? B/c Transformers 2 was one of the worst reviewed films of the year.
August 16, 2009 @ 12:10 PM
Chewbakka

I really liked this movie. It was beautifully written, the directing made it feel more "raw" than other sci-fi movies, and all the actors were superb, especially main character. The transition from a calm simple fun-loving guy to a wimpering scared hopeless half-breed was definately amazing. The plot was great, and I love how it wasn't cliche at all. Best movie to come out in a while, in my opinion. 5/5.
August 16, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
prolifick21

great film, loved the political and social commentary in it.
August 16, 2009 @ 12:39 PM
AlphaTrion

Amazing movie. Way more than your average sci-fi blow-em-up.
August 16, 2009 @ 07:29 PM
modernmischief

Movie was DOPE as hell my only complaint was that I wish the camera was a tad bit steadier some parts it's moving so fast you can't see anything and hurts your eyes,but by the end of the movie the movie the aliens grew on me which was cool.
August 16, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
DJ_SAV_ONE

heard it was dope, cant wait to see. ppl have misguided me before though lol
August 16, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
noLs_a**owed

I think its a decent movie for the theaters but i dont think it has replay value, meaning ill go back to see it or even buy for my own collection.

i hope your not serious, they fucked up Transformers 2 sooo much. they are better off scrapping it and making a Beast Wars.

District 9 was good i go to the movies damn near every weekend. and this is by far the best movie that i can remember.

a stand alone film that makes you think. ending is perfect, i don't believe their will be a sequel and it makes you wonder what happens upon the return. good shit
August 16, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
deep

I really really hope there isn't a sequel. It would probably kill it.
August 16, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
koedog.

There is BOUND to be a sequel.

**Somewhat Spoilers**

District 10, Christopher saying "I promise I'll come back for you", Christohper saying "I have to take my people out of here, I don't want them to be medical experiments"

@KOEsher INSTAGRAM & TWITTER

August 17, 2009 @ 01:57 AM
Chewbakka

^lol wth, that doesnt mean there's BOUND to be a sequel.
August 17, 2009 @ 02:40 AM
ASSHOLE

during the movie, you'll find out that you'll be hating on both aliens and the humans--sometimes it flip flops.

You'll be able to relate to the main character. This relation doesn't come from his background, but really it's the way he reacts to situations and the way he solves his problems. He's scared, but also human, and I felt like the movie did a pretty good job of highlighting this aspect of his character. Although, I did feel like they smothered the audience with these qualities, but it's entirely bearable and, really, not that noticeable once you're out of the theater and you do a post-movie reflection.

The aliens, I wasn't sure how to feel about. First, you kind of feel bad for them because of how they were found. Then you kind of hate them for a while. Once Wikus runs off into District 9, though, you really get an intimate look at the aliens. This is where you really get a taste of their character, and form some sort of sympathy for them.

The action was pretty fuckin bomb, also.

long story short: Movie was dope. Go see it.
TwiggyDig

no shit was perfect. It made me feel like that shit was real. Like politics and all that shit. You just came in expecting the wrong movie ma brotha
TwiggyDig

during the movie, you'll find out that you'll be hating on both aliens and the humans--sometimes it flip flops.

You'll be able to relate to the main character. This relation doesn't come from his background, but really it's the way he reacts to situations and the way he solves his problems. He's scared, but also human, and I felt like the movie did a pretty good job of highlighting this aspect of his character. Although, I did feel like they smothered the audience with these qualities, but it's entirely bearable and, really, not that noticeable.

The aliens, I wasn't sure how to feel about. First, you kind of feel bad for them because of how they were found. Then you kind of hate them for a while. Once Wikus runs off into District 9, though, you really get an intimate look at the aliens. This is where you really get a taste of their character, and form some sort of sympathy for them.

The action was pretty fuckin bomb, also.

long story short: Movie was dope. Go see it.

I HATED the humans. go see the movie
August 17, 2009 @ 02:42 AM
tomoffin

cant wait to see this, the trailers look amazing!
August 17, 2009 @ 02:56 AM
KevinsThatDude

Movie was so fucking dope! Definitely the best summer flick of this year, might even be the best movie of the year.

spoilers maybe?

Christopher's going to come back and wreck havoc on earth. coolcool
August 17, 2009 @ 03:15 AM
WojieWorldPeace

Really? Because Transformers was a HORRIBLE MOVIE.

Even the ACTORS AND ACTRESSES of the film could only describe the movie as just a bunch of crazy crashes and explosions.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

August 17, 2009 @ 03:15 AM
WojieWorldPeace

only the special effects did.

No wonder why you like shitty movies.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

Please login first to reply.