Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 23, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
EddieB

Wait, if you Creature Swapped Tomato over to your opponent and killed it, you got to use its effect? I didn't know that. I think I was like 12 at the time of first Worlds and I just assumed everyone was using it to thin their decks and fish out Zaloog or Witch or something.
February 23, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
go0seMUFC

Yeah, you cleared the back, then swapped your Tomato for their creature. It really depended how you set up your first turn or if you went second, but either way, the effects were devestating for the opponent. You set your tomato, swap, and Don/Reaper OR you could set Tomato first turn. Then, assuming they set a creature you were then allowed to summon a second Tomato, Swap, bump heads with both your Tomatos, get both of their effects, then rape their hand or get Witch/Sangan and set up Jinzo next turn or some shit. Except I started playing triple Goats, so when they swapped, I gave them a goat and they gave me whatever. I would then Morph, suck up. Attack or Tribute for Airknight/Jinzo depending on what kind of deck they were playing. The game involved knowing pre-tournament information in bigger events like Regionals, Jumps, Nationals. I was the BIGGEST nerd when it came to this shit. Except I got to play around the country so no regrets.
February 23, 2009 @ 04:09 PM
kitren2

damn i can't remember any of the stuff your guys are talking bout and i had like 2000 cards and was really into it
February 23, 2009 @ 04:09 PM
frank101

Lol this brings back memories!!

Can anyone help, my little brother had the rarest card, u
had two, he already had one, than he got the other in a bag
(whiles he only bought like 10 in total).
February 23, 2009 @ 04:12 PM
frank101

lol found it, we was crazy happy lol ahhaha, this was it;

EDIT, this was the other we had, crazy collectors, too bad we sold it all, we cashed in tho;

February 23, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
Konglo

not the ultimate strategic cards, but i always ended up with these cards on my field and they helped me many times:

February 23, 2009 @ 04:37 PM
itZj0k3R

i got rare cards from when the first came out

anyone wanna buy some
February 23, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
soulamazing.

I'm the one that made this thread, and I seriously have no idea what you guys are talking about. Come to think of it, I never bothered to follow the actual rules, I just have a grip of cards. I did enter a tournament at the local mall once and got beat the first round. sad
February 24, 2009 @ 12:27 PM
go0seMUFC

not the ultimate strategic cards, but i always ended up with these cards on my field and they helped me many times:

If I ever lost to you under my competative state of mind in a competative event then I'm sure I would have been quite pissed to lose to such d0nkery. Of course that would rarely happen though and I was quite different back then.
March 2, 2009 @ 08:07 PM
HEIST.

Blue Eyes ftw.
March 2, 2009 @ 08:16 PM
hypebeast21

Its time to dddduududuudududduduududdudu-duellllllllllllll
March 2, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
bobba

Yeah I used to play, lol I still have my cards if anyone's interested I can sell all for cheap...
March 3, 2009 @ 01:00 AM
only cure

you scrubs, its all about .

http://omgadamho.tumblr.com/ http://cargocollective.com/adamho

March 3, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
Virunga

Holy shit I didn't know so many HBers were lunch time geeks.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

March 9, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
easy-e

you scrubs, its all about .

I remember this card. It won me SO many games before it got banned. The Yata-lock! Boy, do I feel like a loser right now...
March 11, 2009 @ 11:01 PM
Spankbank

cool
March 13, 2009 @ 06:01 AM
go0seMUFC

I remember this card. It won me SO many games before it got banned. The Yata-lock! Boy, do I feel like a loser right now...

Better than Pot, Graceful, Sinister, Witch? Quite debatable, wouldn't you say?
March 13, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
Zapzoid

This is still my favourite card, have him double sleeved, just looks badass
March 13, 2009 @ 09:46 PM
senornigel1256

I agree that Yata, among with the other cards you mentioned are beyond broken. anything that gives you a 2for1 was ridiculous. all it took was geki/featherduster with CED/BLS in hand to completely take over a game. (graceful after dw shit).

facking gyzarus ruined the metagame
First hands of DDraws/disc/reborn/DMoC/Allure/etc. was way too ridiculous. It also got really boring with the same fags winning multiple jumps with the same CC decks
Wow. I feel ashamed to know so much about this game. haha.
anyone wanna play?
haha
March 13, 2009 @ 11:38 PM
easy-e

I never said that Yata was better than either of those cards. I never referenced any other cards, nor did I say that Yata was the best card in the game. Thanks for the answer to the question I didn't ask razz

One of my favourite cards too when I played. I played a zombie deck, so it only made sense I used the Vampire Lord. At the time I played, you could only have 1 in your deck. I hear the limit is now 2...
March 14, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
Joweee

***** what ?

i just thought they looked tight
March 14, 2009 @ 12:57 AM
JakeF.Baby

nubz n00bz narbs

all you hear is papa dont hit me no more
March 14, 2009 @ 01:41 AM
waytoogojustin

cornarchs all day everyday.
March 14, 2009 @ 03:33 AM
go0seMUFC

I agree that Yata, among with the other cards you mentioned are beyond broken. anything that gives you a 2for1 was ridiculous. all it took was geki/featherduster with CED/BLS in hand to completely take over a game. (graceful after dw shit).

First hands of DDraws/disc/reborn/DMoC/Allure/etc. was way too ridiculous. It also got really boring with the same fags winning multiple jumps with the same CC decks
anyone wanna play?
haha

I quit after the Arizona SJC so I wouldn't know. Even got a featured match first round. That's something to feel ashamed off.

The best deck in Goat format though was the Cyber Jar/Morphing Jar/DMoC/Monster Reincarnation/Return/Triple Book of Moon deck I played in New Jersey. Then people saw it and made jankier versions.
March 14, 2009 @ 07:41 AM
EddieB

V-Lord! I forgot about this one! I used to play the Japanese game too (much cheaper because a lot of the good cards were released in Structures as commons etc, better kids to play online via IM and shit) and these were so popular in the Japanese metagame, especially because they weren't restricted. 3 Pyramid Turtles, 3 V-Lord, 3 Giant Rat, good shit.

Ahh, memories.

anyone wanna play?
haha

And I stopped playing before this Gyzarus came out but I just looked it up, ridiculous. That was a common?
March 14, 2009 @ 10:21 AM
Jim Jardashian

Yall niggz...
March 14, 2009 @ 02:37 PM
go0seMUFC

Any of you guys from Cali? Anyone attend any regionals, SJC, nationals?
March 14, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
abraham

March 15, 2009 @ 06:52 PM
go0seMUFC

^Is that guy playing at the library?! Wow!
March 15, 2009 @ 07:05 PM
senornigel1256

Any of you guys from Cali? Anyone attend any regionals, SJC, nationals?

im in socal.
i played too many regionals and a few sjc's and nats in 07 or 06. i dont remember.

Please login first to reply.