February 23, 2009 @ 15:12:18
^Then you obviously played during the beggining of the game with Beatdown being the deck to beat.

BTW EddieB, I see you're from Philly. You know a guy named LaBounty?

Yeah, stopped playing whenever Chaos came out, became so boring playing the same deck over and over.

And no, I don't.
February 23, 2009 @ 15:17:13
^Yeah, Chaos was also pretty fucking broken. I remember owning 2-3 of each when they weren't banned cause they were simply too fucking good to not play. I then changed my playstyle where I controlled the tempo of the game through triple Scapegoat and triple Magician of Faith. No one dared to play Crossout as the metagame was too fast for it and took advantage of other's style of play. With the infinite stalling + Metamorphosis, I was allowed to attack them and make it a 4000-5000 point game as opposed to an 8000, then use either Chaos monster or that plus Ring to win the game in one turn.
February 23, 2009 @ 15:19:14
Fuck, I almost forgot about Delinquent Duo, Forceful Sentry, and Confiscation. Three broken cards that should have never been released IMHO. Starting hand of Duo/Pot was almost an automatic win if going first. Of course it became more crucial to draw such starting hands as the game added cards to its pool. Because games would be ended with a string of plays between 4-7 cards. I remember explaining this concept to people and they would just look at me like a weirdo. I then proceeded to win TP1 packs and pulling Morphing Jars out of my ass. Then setting people up nasty style since I was the only one with Jar/Decree and shit. I also advocated such cards as Cyber Jar and Fiber Jar as I also believed cards that can swing the game to your advantage when losing couldn't be left out of any deck/side deck. I can go on and on how I personally pioneered Goats/Meta even before the Banned List along with a friend of mine. Mention Comic Odyssey to anyone that plays/played and they will either be full of hate, or be extremely respectful to what we accomplished as a team.

God, I feel so gay not having played this game for five years yet knowing exactly what you're talking about.

I fucked with Scientist/Meta for Baltars and shit. And then Megamorph to take advantage of that LP deficit. Never a big fan of the 'goats.

And definitely those three hand control cards should have been banned.

And was Royal Decree originally a TP card?
February 23, 2009 @ 15:22:28
Yeah, Decree was TP2 Ultra-Rare. As for Scientist, how could I forget. For the longest I didn't play it as my friends showed me a deck that took advantage of all the Tomato/Swap decks that were running around after the first Worlds. I knew the card was amazing, but I knew when to take advantage of it. It was a side deck card for sure, but not always Main Deck. Like I said, I played this game for so long that it became part of my life kinda. Sad, but true. Something I'm not ashamed of doing, unlike before though where I was afraid people might catch me playing or some shit.
February 23, 2009 @ 15:25:54
Wait, if you Creature Swapped Tomato over to your opponent and killed it, you got to use its effect? I didn't know that. I think I was like 12 at the time of first Worlds and I just assumed everyone was using it to thin their decks and fish out Zaloog or Witch or something.
February 23, 2009 @ 15:30:40
Yeah, you cleared the back, then swapped your Tomato for their creature. It really depended how you set up your first turn or if you went second, but either way, the effects were devestating for the opponent. You set your tomato, swap, and Don/Reaper OR you could set Tomato first turn. Then, assuming they set a creature you were then allowed to summon a second Tomato, Swap, bump heads with both your Tomatos, get both of their effects, then rape their hand or get Witch/Sangan and set up Jinzo next turn or some shit. Except I started playing triple Goats, so when they swapped, I gave them a goat and they gave me whatever. I would then Morph, suck up. Attack or Tribute for Airknight/Jinzo depending on what kind of deck they were playing. The game involved knowing pre-tournament information in bigger events like Regionals, Jumps, Nationals. I was the BIGGEST nerd when it came to this shit. Except I got to play around the country so no regrets.
February 23, 2009 @ 16:09:07
damn i can't remember any of the stuff your guys are talking bout and i had like 2000 cards and was really into it
February 23, 2009 @ 16:09:18
Lol this brings back memories!!

Can anyone help, my little brother had the rarest card, u
had two, he already had one, than he got the other in a bag
(whiles he only bought like 10 in total).
February 23, 2009 @ 16:12:06
lol found it, we was crazy happy lol ahhaha, this was it;

EDIT, this was the other we had, crazy collectors, too bad we sold it all, we cashed in tho;

February 23, 2009 @ 16:36:10
not the ultimate strategic cards, but i always ended up with these cards on my field and they helped me many times:

February 23, 2009 @ 16:37:25
i got rare cards from when the first came out

anyone wanna buy some
February 23, 2009 @ 17:57:56
I'm the one that made this thread, and I seriously have no idea what you guys are talking about. Come to think of it, I never bothered to follow the actual rules, I just have a grip of cards. I did enter a tournament at the local mall once and got beat the first round. smh
February 24, 2009 @ 12:27:16
not the ultimate strategic cards, but i always ended up with these cards on my field and they helped me many times:

If I ever lost to you under my competative state of mind in a competative event then I'm sure I would have been quite pissed to lose to such d0nkery. Of course that would rarely happen though and I was quite different back then.
March 02, 2009 @ 20:07:10
Blue Eyes ftw.
March 02, 2009 @ 20:16:22
Its time to dddduududuudududduduududdudu-duellllllllllllll
March 02, 2009 @ 20:35:50
Yeah I used to play, lol I still have my cards if anyone's interested I can sell all for cheap...
March 03, 2009 @ 01:00:51
you scrubs, its all about .

March 03, 2009 @ 03:28:33
Holy shit I didn't know so many HBers were lunch time geeks.

Dear Virunga, You have received an infraction at Hypebeast Forums. Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

March 09, 2009 @ 21:21:13
Originally posted by Inactive User
you scrubs, its all about .

I remember this card. It won me SO many games before it got banned. The Yata-lock! Boy, do I feel like a loser right now...
March 11, 2009 @ 23:01:59

smokeyface
March 13, 2009 @ 06:01:42
I remember this card. It won me SO many games before it got banned. The Yata-lock! Boy, do I feel like a loser right now...

Better than Pot, Graceful, Sinister, Witch? Quite debatable, wouldn't you say?
March 13, 2009 @ 21:19:04

This is still my favourite card, have him double sleeved, just looks badass
March 13, 2009 @ 21:46:58

I agree that Yata, among with the other cards you mentioned are beyond broken. anything that gives you a 2for1 was ridiculous. all it took was geki/featherduster with CED/BLS in hand to completely take over a game. (graceful after dw shit).

facking gyzarus ruined the metagame
First hands of DDraws/disc/reborn/DMoC/Allure/etc. was way too ridiculous. It also got really boring with the same fags winning multiple jumps with the same CC decks
Wow. I feel ashamed to know so much about this game. haha.
anyone wanna play?
haha
March 13, 2009 @ 23:38:53

I never said that Yata was better than either of those cards. I never referenced any other cards, nor did I say that Yata was the best card in the game. Thanks for the answer to the question I didn't ask tongueface

One of my favourite cards too when I played. I played a zombie deck, so it only made sense I used the Vampire Lord. At the time I played, you could only have 1 in your deck. I hear the limit is now 2...
March 14, 2009 @ 00:03:46
***** what ?

(Invalid img)
i just thought they looked tight
March 14, 2009 @ 00:57:49
nubz n00bz narbs

all you hear is papa dont hit me no more
March 14, 2009 @ 01:41:40
cornarchs all day everyday.
March 14, 2009 @ 03:33:13
I agree that Yata, among with the other cards you mentioned are beyond broken. anything that gives you a 2for1 was ridiculous. all it took was geki/featherduster with CED/BLS in hand to completely take over a game. (graceful after dw shit).

First hands of DDraws/disc/reborn/DMoC/Allure/etc. was way too ridiculous. It also got really boring with the same fags winning multiple jumps with the same CC decks
anyone wanna play?
haha

I quit after the Arizona SJC so I wouldn't know. Even got a featured match first round. That's something to feel ashamed off.

The best deck in Goat format though was the Cyber Jar/Morphing Jar/DMoC/Monster Reincarnation/Return/Triple Book of Moon deck I played in New Jersey. Then people saw it and made jankier versions.
March 14, 2009 @ 07:41:11

V-Lord! I forgot about this one! I used to play the Japanese game too (much cheaper because a lot of the good cards were released in Structures as commons etc, better kids to play online via IM and shit) and these were so popular in the Japanese metagame, especially because they weren't restricted. 3 Pyramid Turtles, 3 V-Lord, 3 Giant Rat, good shit.

Ahh, memories.

anyone wanna play?
haha

And I stopped playing before this Gyzarus came out but I just looked it up, ridiculous. That was a common?
March 14, 2009 @ 10:21:07
Yall niggz...
Please login first to reply.
x