Anyone still have their pokemon cards?

February 13, 2009 @ 14:11:06

Inactive User

I just found mine in my closet, and man it brings back memories blushing
Anybody still have theirs? post pictures, ill do so too in a lil'.

sorry if theirs already a thread about this.
February 13, 2009 @ 16:20:49
Originally posted by Inactive User
I just found mine in my closet, and man it brings back memories blushing
Anybody still have theirs? post pictures, ill do so too in a lil'.

sorry if theirs already a thread about this.

I Have all mine, but they are back at my parents house.
I have all the First Generation cards. I don't know if i had all the trainer ones.

good memories

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

February 13, 2009 @ 18:19:32
i have all of mine
i got a bunch
February 16, 2009 @ 23:35:01
....this is disturbing
February 17, 2009 @ 19:02:16
i had almost all of the first generation cards except for hitmonlee and venasaur.
brings back memories.
February 17, 2009 @ 19:48:29
....this is disturbing

Why your browsing it then?
Do you get a kick out of browsing disturbing things?
February 17, 2009 @ 22:10:34
Yeah in a box somewhere.
February 17, 2009 @ 22:51:34
yeah theyre in some binder on my top shelf of my closet
February 18, 2009 @ 20:10:07
I got bags and cases full of pokemon cards.
February 18, 2009 @ 20:23:48
i kept all mine in a pokemon binder haha.

i'll post pics up if i remember
February 23, 2009 @ 15:19:46
Yes, I still have all my competative decks somewhere. The last format I played was Neo 3 with Wiggly/Sneasel and/or Sneasel/Murkrow/Slowking as they were the top 2 decks out. Except I made my Wiggly/Sneasel to outspeed the mirror AND disrupt any set up made by any Slowking/Murkrow or any lock deck in that particular matter. Another game I was simply too good at. Imagine being in middle school fucking up 20-25 year olds for their Game Boys and shit. Fuck, I knew how to hussle for the longest.
February 23, 2009 @ 16:36:51
i got a bunch of rare cards

anyone wanna buy some
February 23, 2009 @ 20:40:32
Mmm I was so fucking good at this game. When I was 9, I almost got on the Queen Mary, I for sure would have if I had some income to get specific cards. Basically just relied on luck to score shit out of boosters.

That said....

Right-most pile and those pages right next to them are all rares/holo/promo/whatever.
February 23, 2009 @ 20:44:25
Yes, I still have all my competative decks somewhere. The last format I played was Neo 3 with Wiggly/Sneasel and/or Sneasel/Murkrow/Slowking as they were the top 2 decks out. Except I made my Wiggly/Sneasel to outspeed the mirror AND disrupt any set up made by any Slowking/Murkrow or any lock deck in that particular matter. Another game I was simply too good at. Imagine being in middle school fucking up 20-25 year olds for their Game Boys and shit. Fuck, I knew how to hussle for the longest.

...aaaaand I didn't see this but could've guessed.

I stopped at Neo 2.

'krow/'king was BR00TAL, I ran that for a while since most of the cards were easy to get, I had a hell of a time getting Sneasels.

Pre-Neo, I fucked with Rocket's Zapdos x Movie Promo Mewtwo. Oak and shit, dump energies in discard, suck them up, 2nd turn 40 or 3rd turn 70. Good shit.

But of course Sneasel was on a whole other level, didn't they ban it and make like a 15 trainer roof for Worlds or something one year? And I believe they banned Slowking later, or at least changed it so that it worked like the Japanese version, which wasn't all too great. This was 10 years ago though so my memory is blurry.
February 23, 2009 @ 21:22:36
i have a bunch most are thrown away but i have a tin box all first gens.
February 24, 2009 @ 23:01:26
...aaaaand I didn't see this but could've guessed.

I stopped at Neo 2.

'krow/'king was BR00TAL, I ran that for a while since most of the cards were easy to get, I had a hell of a time getting Sneasels.

Pre-Neo, I fucked with Rocket's Zapdos x Movie Promo Mewtwo. Oak and shit, dump energies in discard, suck them up, 2nd turn 40 or 3rd turn 70. Good shit.

But of course Sneasel was on a whole other level, didn't they ban it and make like a 15 trainer roof for Worlds or something one year? And I believe they banned Slowking later, or at least changed it so that it worked like the Japanese version, which wasn't all too great. This was 10 years ago though so my memory is blurry.

Yeah, I have a funny story about those Mewtwo Promo's. I basically got hooked up by my friend's mom that was a manager at a local theater in my 'hood. So she basically gave me most of the shipments in boxes of all the cards and shit. So I was loaded and ripped the fuck off most of the peeps that I would see in tourneys. And about Sneasel, I was told he was banned after I quit. I was even told to come back and play, but I declined as I found the game boring. I looked through my shit yesterday and found all my decks, including this new Haymaker Deck I was working on that could basically handle any situation. Like a swiss army knife, toolbox, Magical Scientist kinda deck. It included cards both new and old and abused the tutor cards like 4 Oaks, 4 Searches, 4 Item Finders, and tecHed the fuck out of it with 4 Gust of Wind, 4 Switches, and a couple of them special energies that had some great effects. Like for example, I played Dark Energies with no Dark Energy pokemon to simply dump with Comp Search, and then get back with Promo Mewtwo and his attack would be 40-60 depending on the amount of dark energies that fool that on. I also added Double Colorless for Chansey and Metal Energies for the same purpose the Dark Energies served. It was so tecHed out and my plays had infinite potential and up to what my mind thought of certain situations. Too bad Trading Card Games don't pay the bills.

Edit.

This is Starscr3am on a friend's name BTW.
February 24, 2009 @ 23:24:55
I never understood hot to play Pokemon's TCG.
February 24, 2009 @ 23:45:16
Yeah same here. Their somewhere back at my parent's place, maybe at the garage. good times though.
February 27, 2009 @ 19:25:44
I used to play Pokemon TCG, but making decks used to be hard shit. Always used to be cool ass cards. You wish you could use them all, but limits, sonson, limits.

Hell, I might just play again for the hell of it. Surprisingly, there are hella places around Oakland where a ***** can play.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

March 03, 2009 @ 21:45:35
i never got into them, i was into pogs though...are they valuable?
March 03, 2009 @ 21:45:56
other than sentimental value that is
March 03, 2009 @ 21:46:20
i'm talking dollar and cents type shit
March 04, 2009 @ 12:07:20
No.

Even Pokemon cards aren't really worth that much anymore. Back in the day, 1st edition base set 'zard was worth hundreds of dollars, you can pick one up for under 50 today.

I never understood the hype for that card anyway, it wasn't really very good. I guess kids just like cards with big numbers on them? Regardless, there were so many other better cards in Base set alone. And then of course Jungle came around, Wiggly, Scyther, etc.
March 14, 2009 @ 11:08:42
yea i still have all my cards in my closet, i dont even know how i got the money for all of the cards i have.
March 14, 2009 @ 13:28:38
i lost all mine

i was pissed when i found out that the card they gave at the movie premiere reeally wasn't worth shit aha
March 14, 2009 @ 14:10:59
I still got mine somewhere haha
March 14, 2009 @ 14:25:25
hahaha yeah i still have mine, i was so hooked i stole some from kids in school.

Please login first to reply.
x