FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
February 5, 2011 @ 03:33 AM
zyezye

thanks guys

yeah its a real shame with the Qan[T] a few of the abs parts snapped luckily they were all internal and were all fixed with super glue, which is a must have for any builder, just for either loose parts or snaps or tightening polycap joints (trust it works). also useful for the action bases because the small support beam has a habit of dismantling itself.

and good luck with the MG Zeta, no lie, all the MGs i've seen from the ZZ line are just chocked full of detail. and yeah I think it would look good with any action base but black and gray, since its a gray kit

this maybe a long shot, but since gundamstoreandmore has a parts shop, email them if they have a MG Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode open, and ask for its action base(not the stand with the wings, the actual action base) since its a dark clear blue that would definitely fit the Zeta.

and now you've reminded me that I gotta add Ex-S, S Gundam and the Fazz to my list lol that damn list just keeps on growing.
February 5, 2011 @ 04:31 PM
mr mcgibblets

yeah i think i should go with a black or grey one.most likely black cuz i think itll be too plain looking grey on grey.and yeah i need ex-s and fazz in my life also.those are some badass kits.
February 7, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
Dave_k

my friend just got a perfect grade Zaku, and lost 3 of the most important peices of the head and torso. now he just keeps it in the box and refuses to build it.

anyone know a place you can get replacements?? besides ebay i guess.
February 10, 2011 @ 05:45 AM
mr mcgibblets

thought id share this bear acguy custom someone did on the gundam board i post on.

its like tony starks pedo bear armor.
and heres where you can find the parts.
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/parts-store.html

Perfect Grade Model Kits
MS-06S Zaku II Perfect Grade Model Kit 1/60 Scale (Gundam)

it was mentioned just a couple posts up big daddy.anyway im about two hours into my zeta plus and have finished the arms and the feet,tomorrow im going to do a leg and the big ass gun.
February 10, 2011 @ 06:35 PM
zyezye

yeah gundamstoreandmore is your only bet for your friends zaku

and I just copped both Wing and Death Scythe Ver. Ka for just 70 bucks in total from a local shop since they were on sale.

gunna wait till i get my real touch marker set to try tonal panel lining.

and yo support your local shops, i finally found a local shop that stocks tamiya tools and paints, the gundam kits they had were super over priced (but they have regular sales) but the tools and supplies are just the right price.

no more paying ridic prices for shipping for tools and supplies for me cool

have you guys peeped neograde? resin kits with ridic prices but DAMN they look sexy

www.neograde.com/shop/step1.php?number=579

fuuuuuuu
February 11, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
AK1RA

dope collection. respect.
February 18, 2011 @ 01:07 AM
xVILLN

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

February 28, 2011 @ 04:12 AM
zyezye

still working on the Wing Ver. Ka, just mostly detail work

decided to give those two a gloss top coat. it looks real nice in person.

and I just ordered the MG custom versions of both kits, those are getting the flat treatment.
March 1, 2011 @ 12:55 AM
mr mcgibblets

nice work.but im a lil confused arent those both mg?as for me i just have one more step on my mg zeta plus c1,then its decal time and just putting all the different parts together.gonna order some stands and more kits very soon.love this hobby.
March 1, 2011 @ 01:23 AM
zyezye

man i got hooked baaaad. it burns the wallet but thats normal for us since we're part of this forum lol. its not as bad as buying sneakers or clothes too, since a lot of the kits are under a 100, hell you can get 2 or 3 mgs for under a 100 or 4-6 NGs/HGs and you can ALWAYS find deals and cheaper prices online. Unlike supreme, visvim, nike, or jordan

but yeah they're both MGs amd the Customs I'm getting are MGs too, Bandai has managed to sell me two of the same kits TWICE. only differences are the wings and colours.
March 1, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
mr mcgibblets

oh whoops.yeah im definitely partial to wing zero custom but i think the deathscythe custom is different enough to justify getting both.bandai announced the release of mg epyon last week.thats gonna be badass.cool
March 1, 2011 @ 02:40 PM
theh00d

I have the MG wing custom
I need to deathscythe hell custom and heavyarm custom(whenever it comes out if it does)

I always go for a straight build w/ minimal decal. No Paint.
Any tips of making the model look better? Like what markers to use? Outlining?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

March 1, 2011 @ 04:32 PM
KTB Brand

oh whoops.yeah im definitely partial to wing zero custom but i think the deathscythe custom is different enough to justify getting both.bandai announced the release of mg epyon last week.thats gonna be badass.cool

wing zero custom &)

KushTastesBetter @TIMxKTB http://www.ktbbrand.com

March 1, 2011 @ 05:13 PM
zyezye

I have the MG wing custom
I need to deathscythe hell custom and heavyarm custom(whenever it comes out if it does)

I always go for a straight build w/ minimal decal. No Paint.
Any tips of making the model look better? Like what markers to use? Outlining?

just get panel lining markers (official gundam ones or micron/sakura fine liners) and a top coat (flat or gloss your choice). thats all you really need.

use gray for the whites and sometimes the really light grays
black for the cooler/colder colours such as blue and green and grays
and the brown/maroon for the warmer colours.

you can also do tonal lining as well if you get a pigma micron colour set.(expensive as hell though, if your just gunna use it for modeling)

and just youtube/google some techniques to help with the panel lining.

for black/near black pieces, i use a mechanical pencil. look at my deathscythes shoulders, it gives a metallic silver line almost. but you gotta use top coat on it or else all the panel work will rub away.

its recommend to put a gloss sealer/coat on before lining and after lining. before so that the ink can adhere better than just lining on bare plastic. you can easily get gloss topcoat/sealer from hardware stores in big cans from krylon.

when i did the shoulders i did a reverse, i flat sprayed them so then pencil lead can adhere to the surface the gloss coated it.
March 11, 2011 @ 04:26 AM
JohnDank

my cousin was into these. never really got into them
March 16, 2011 @ 06:03 PM
daftphunk

FUCK! I want a Master Grade Wing Zero Custom SO bad. I remember looking at them shits when I was a kid, like $150. I know they are prob. a bit cheaper now... I might have to swoop one. What's good paint and shit to get with it?
March 16, 2011 @ 11:33 PM
mr mcgibblets

150 for a mastergrade?suprised i think you mean perfect grade.if you really are in shibuya then akihabaras not that far from you and they have a whole shop dedicated to gundam kits and accessories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnSqQUKvLIk

as for paints tamiya acrylics are easy to work with and vivid.gunze sangyo is what the instruction booklet mixtures are referring to.you can use the gundam paint markers and theres also gundam color being sold now.heres some online shops to check out gundamstoreandmore.com and

hobbywave.com

or

hlj.com

i want to paint one with maziora paint(color changing japanese paint,the same brand some cars are painted with).its a little expensive though.but itll be worth it.in drift tengoku i saw some maziora nail polish thats much cheaper but id have to get a myspace buddy from japan send that and reimburse for shipping,not to mention with all thats going on in japan right now i wouldnt feel comfortable asking for favors.i need to check if they make polycarbonate shit for rc cars.i know they sell american colors but itd be cool to have some exclusive shit on an rc car.cool
March 17, 2011 @ 02:43 AM
zyezye

150 for a mg? and if you said you were a kid, depending on your age it might even just be HG. I remember them being expensive but not THAT expensive.

if you're gunna paint theres a few things you'll definately need.

primer, sealer, paint thinner(for panel washes or paint removal, this bit is complicated due to different paint types and what types of thinner you'll need), and topcoat

everything is pretty much a DIY learning process. you can get tips, tutorial, guides online, but in the end its pretty much just experimentation and finding something you're comfortable with.

i havent done a 100% painted kit, only painted details and complete inner frames, but once i get my MG Ex-S, i'll just get the biggest can of primer my hobby shop has and hit up my local hardware store for cans of rustoleum and krylon for basic colours and the hobby store for those certain shades.

on the topic of paints i've been doing research on metallic/lustrous paint and i stumbled on these guys

www.alsacorp.com/killercans.htm

all i can say is HOLY FUCK. mrgibblets i think i've found your solution, a bit pricey but the effects that they create = priceless.

I wanted to get a can of chrome and gold, but i was only gunna use those ONCE for the limited edition MG destiny and Strike Freedom. So I'll settle with Krylon, i've seen good results with those but not as lustrous as the killer cans

also the status on my MG endless waltz kits; just need topcoat and i'm done. no new kits in a while its almost the end of my sem, gotta focus on that before more gunpla.
March 17, 2011 @ 02:14 PM
meetsofevilE34

shit was too sick. heavy arms endless waltz
March 17, 2011 @ 07:25 PM
LegendaryHype

Hey guys I want to get into building model kits I plan on buying my first one pretty soon and Im wondering does everything I need come with the model kits or do I need to purchase some tools if so please let me know what I need
March 19, 2011 @ 05:36 PM
zyezye

^ you'll only just get the kit and some stickers.

what'll you'll definitely need is a pair of nippers, thats as basic as it gets.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT4a0G-2o7Y&feature=channel_video_title

here's they last 3 kits i've finished

March 19, 2011 @ 06:06 PM
mr mcgibblets

nice work^.
March 19, 2011 @ 06:08 PM
flipppppin

^dope. how did you paint your gundams? going to cop a few soon its been years.
March 19, 2011 @ 06:10 PM
flipppppin

^ you'll only just get the kit and some stickers.

what'll you'll definitely need is a pair of nippers, thats as basic as it gets.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT4a0G-2o7Y&feature=channel_video_title

here's they last 3 kits i've finished

^dope. how did you paint your gundams? going to cop a few soon its been years.
March 20, 2011 @ 11:51 AM
LegendaryHype

Thanks for the advice just ordered my first kit and some nippers will post pics when i get it and finish got the 1/100 Gundam Nataku
March 20, 2011 @ 08:27 PM
mr mcgibblets

i just have a few more parts on the sprue for my sd dendrobium gp03d.only reason i didnt finish earlier this week is the missile launcher part of the dendrobium is supposed to be dark grey but its molded in white.so im gonna mask of the edges and the white dots with this stuff ive had for more than 8 years called masking sol.it paints on like paint and you let it dry then paint what needs to be painted without having to worry about staying in the lines.let the paint dry then peel off the masking sol like dead skin.im gonna be using tamiya acrylic gun metal grey for the job.been awhile since i actually bothered painting part of a gundam.
March 22, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
StyleBeast

bringing back childhood memories, I got Voltes V back then wish I have keep it...
March 23, 2011 @ 07:34 PM
mr mcgibblets

just announced

cooli hope this means that theyre gonna redo alot of other sd gundams.
March 24, 2011 @ 02:54 PM
LegendaryHype

Sooo I built mine and didn't like the way it turned out so this time I'm going bigger and I'm going to paint it any suggestions on whats a good paint
March 24, 2011 @ 07:47 PM
mr mcgibblets

it wouldnt kill you to look back at the last few pages.this questions been answered many times.but since youre lazy get these tubs of tamiya acrylic at your local hobby store.

less than a few bucks and they come in assloads of colors.

Please login first to reply.