BomberPro

i had a few.... when i was 7.
October 29, 2010 @ 03:55 AM
Brosef

^ ♥♥♥♥♥s can't have hobbies? >sad
October 30, 2010 @ 04:25 PM
zyezye

so fuckin pro

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXApmNwgA4s&feature=mfu_in_order&playnext=1&videos=zwNeY5bxMkc

and its just a high grade kit, ive seen his master and perfect grades and HOLY SHIT. pro.
October 30, 2010 @ 05:10 PM
Brosef

this is also a high grade, the Hi-Nu Gundam
October 31, 2010 @ 01:42 AM
xVILLN

this is also a high grade, the Hi-Nu Gundam

heatcool

http://illestxvillian.tumblr.com/

November 2, 2010 @ 01:05 AM
GhostOne

Loved building Gundam Models when I was a kid...shit was expensive though so my mom only bought me the cheap ones.
November 2, 2010 @ 08:56 PM
YSQ23

Got 1 gundam model per year during Christmas... i remember my cousin bought me a metal (!!) one from Japan one year. so happy.
December 8, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
mr mcgibblets

hope that this isnt just an online bandai exclusive.
December 9, 2010 @ 07:19 AM
Vader&Prowler

such green for those with gundams. had them few years back but they kept getting smashed and i was a naive kid, so i got none. but these bring the memories back
January 7, 2011 @ 06:59 AM
zyezye

Bump this

I got an MG 00 Qan[T], NG 1/100 Virtue, Dynames, and Kyrios all on the way

and just restocked on paint. hopefully all of it would be here before next weekend.

and question to the builders here, Do you think that the action base 2 can support a 1/100 scale?

lul at these vids

so lolsy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSoH7yhrB0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LRkATNI1Ag&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qf_FKEsbaM&feature=related
January 7, 2011 @ 10:49 AM
ToMbZ

Might have to post my gundam collection.
January 10, 2011 @ 10:17 PM
Kendu56

Buster swordz!

Me: Kendu56.com | Brand: Since199X.com

January 12, 2011 @ 01:58 AM
mr mcgibblets

Might have to post my gundam collection.

please do.everybody else should post their whole collections if they havent already.and zye zye,theyre made for everything but 1/100
but you could probably get away with it.lets see those kits when youre done with them.im gonna get started on this badboy tomorrow
January 12, 2011 @ 04:24 PM
zyezye

its weird though, i`ve seen MG 1/100 kits fit on them, but they were the stubby gundams/mobile suits (usually UC, they generally get smaller in terms of size after Zeta). we'll see though, the MG Qan has a free Action base 2 so I'll test with that.

heres an example

the regular action bases are generally cheap 6-10 dollars on avg but can go as high as 20, and when you need more than 4 like I do, they stack up. then there goes shipping too. so If all my NG 1/100 kits fits on the action base 2, I'd rather buy those since you can get them as low as 3-4 bucks online.

only my MGs get the regular action bases

I've posted my Exia here a while back, but he's going to get painted now.
January 16, 2011 @ 05:17 PM
deegee

what can i use to file off the extra plastic that i get from clipping the pieces off?
i tried to use a nail file but it doesn't seem to work. is the actual gundam file necessary?

http://www.prevailco.com

January 17, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
mr mcgibblets

what can i use to file off the extra plastic that i get from clipping the pieces off?
i tried to use a nail file but it doesn't seem to work. is the actual gundam file necessary?

what i do is cut straight off the sprue with my xacto knife.from there i carefully cut the remaining little nub and scrape off a little till its smooth.i would use modeling sand paper but i just do straight builds for the most part and without paint youre gonna see all sorts of scratchmarks.be careful if you do what i do cuz one slip and you got a bloody finger.ive never heard of the gundam file.could you link me?just want to see what its about but ill look for myself in a bit.
January 17, 2011 @ 04:00 PM
deegee

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qf_FKEsbaM&feature=related

@Mcgibblets

it was in this video at around 1:50. Comes with tweezers and the cutter and stuff.
but yeah i think imma try that exacto knife bit. thanks!

http://www.prevailco.com

January 22, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
Escaroid

I always wanted to buy a really nice kit, but I was always scared I'd mess it up. razz
January 23, 2011 @ 03:58 AM
etamin

No, use sandpaper after putting together the parts that don't need to be taken apart later in the build process.
January 24, 2011 @ 08:37 PM
mr mcgibblets

I always wanted to buy a really nice kit, but I was always scared I'd mess it up. razz

ill gladly build you one if you buy me a kit thats the same scale then mail you back your kit completed and with the box.
January 25, 2011 @ 03:34 AM
zyezye

lmaaaao^^^

Finished dynames, kyrios, and virtue/nadleeh. painted, lined and coated.

the MG 00 Qan[T] is built, painted, decaled, needs to be lined and coated. but i ran out of matte top coat. FUUUUUUUUUUUU.

will post pics when i can find my BB cable

also copped 2 LED units for the Qan from ebay for 10 bucks in total and 4 clear green action bases from Banzaihobby for 6 bucks a piece.

as for a mini review

they were all fun to build, the most enjoyable one would be the MG Qan.

The Sturdiest of all the kits (no pieces falling off) has to be Virtue/Nadleeh, then Dynames, Kyrios and Exia are on the same level and then the Qan

highest articulation has to go to either Exia or Qan, but this has a lot of draw backs. mostly from a lot of the pieces falling off.

Kyrios, was just a mess, then again, almost all transforming gundams are just a mess in terms of stability, or articulation. also they got lazy with this kit, a lot of the gray detail pieces are white, so have some paint if you want to build this kit exact to its anime counter part.

the most frustrating kit goes to the MG. more movement/articulation/detail = more pieces flying off. and a lot of the pieces are incredibly loose. the sword wouldnt even properly stay on the hands. had to paint the pegs to make a tighter fit. also it has the most USELESS gimmick. If you've seen the movie you know the scene where it turns into burst mode and the armour falls off? yeah that. almost ALL the armour on the kit are just slide ons. they just slide on to the frame and fall off if moved too much.

its a good kit, looks deadly sexy, but it has a lot of issues, but really, just buy it if you REALLY and I mean REALLY like the suit. and once you get it and built it, get it on an action base in a nice pose and just leave it there.

the no grades are ridiculously stable compared to the MG.

heres a tip to you builders, as you build a segment, detail it before you move on to the next piece, so things can get a lot smoother.

and heres my basic formula:

-sand/smooth out gate cuts
-fit/build
-paint, just minor detail painting. no complete coating.
-decal/seals
-semi-gloss coat
-panel lining
-flat coat

doing that all on individual segments so that i wont face any joint issues because those small layers would tighten the fit on the pegs/joints.

i've also pretty much stopped using black to to panel lining. gray looks a whole lot better as its more subtle. next kit i'm going to try tonal lining. but I won't do that in a while. almost 3 straight weeks of gunpla and im getting tired of it haha
January 25, 2011 @ 03:46 AM
mr mcgibblets

good looks on the banzai hobby mention.that place is gonna help me stay based.
January 25, 2011 @ 09:47 AM
franco234

a lot of great info/helpful hints in this thread
January 28, 2011 @ 07:18 PM
RareAirNC

pretty amazing stuffcool
January 30, 2011 @ 11:27 AM
ZOMBIEcorp

pretty amazing stuffcool

true dat
January 30, 2011 @ 11:56 AM
SiW

true dat

Yo i was not that into gundamn but forced to say that there's lot of precious info here
January 30, 2011 @ 08:04 PM
Ianopolis

I remember sanding my old ones and hitting them with a metallic gloss to give it that vintage look
February 4, 2011 @ 03:29 AM
zyezye

lol finally pics haha

all from my shitty Berrys Cam, so sorry with the shitty pics, cant find my damn cam anywhere

THE ONLY TIME you'll ever see nadleeh out

lulsy mod i did

Completed set, The Action Bases Came in Today

MG Gundam 00 Qan[T] I love the Mobile Suit, I've grown to FUCKING HATE this kit. the plastic they've used is noticeably softer than the NGs and the ABS we super prone to snapping. its really a kit that should be left alone once completed

all my kits have no stickers on them except the MG. I didnt mind them since they were detail stickers. but everything was painted on.

Thats It for now. Next on my list are the Season 2 guys in the Designer Colours versions and 2 MG exias, one for repair mode the other in normal. then 3 MGs from Seed destiny. after that maybe ill tackle Gundam Wing E.W. and their Version Katoki counter parts. but i'll wait till all the MGs from E.W. and Ver.Ka come out.

fuck this hobby is more expensive than being a hypebeast.
February 5, 2011 @ 12:19 AM
theh00d

^ Nice dude.
I never painted any of my model kits probably cause I suck at building them.
Might get a pen/marker thing and just do the outlines
Do have a MG Wing zero custom though
Thinking of getting the MG 1/100 Gundam Deathscythe Hell Custom EW
but I do got a HG one already. Shit I also need some fix figurations which cost probably 100 each or more ...hard to find though

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

February 5, 2011 @ 01:05 AM
mr mcgibblets

love the group shot of the season one gundams zyezye.glad you ended up getting the right sized bases.the smaller ones dont look right with 1/100.thats a shame about the mg quanta.i was gonna pick up the sd one last weekend at mitsuwa but they had sold the two they had.sad gonna finally start my mg zeta plus c1.think i might order one of the clear green bases for it instead of a black one since gundamstoreandmore has them on sale for 5 bucks.think it might look good with the grey kit.

Please login first to reply.