Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
October 3, 2008 @ 02:27 AM
PepShe

So i'm walking down the street, window shopping of course cause its the first of the month (i got bills and rent to pay) and what do i stumble upon.... A KIDROBOT STORE... HERE!!! IN FRONT OF ME!!! NO WAYYYYYYY

so i walk in

I'm immediatly filled with happiness and disappointment.

It looked like... a warehouse turned sexchamber changed at the last minute into a photostudio which doubled as the new kidrobot store.

I tried to ignore the foil hang from EVERY wall making it appear that i was in a space ship...toliet.

I even ignored the ply wood that peeked behind the posters stratigically hung to hide the cracks in the walls.

I EVEN EMBRACED THE SMELL OF HOME BAKED GINGERBREAD COOKIES THEY DRINCHED THE PLACE IN TO COVER UP THAT -NEW PAINT OLD WOOD- SMELL!

i hummed my around the whole...walk in closet size store. Picked up my favorite munny(plain) dunny(touma), aw'ed and groped the overgrown blue labbit that was guarding the entrance (or warning people NOT to come in) and... skimmed through the books

but i had to leave... i couldnt stand it... it made me not want to buy nothing.

And even though the lady was telling me that this was like "test week" to see if they were gonna keep the store there or not... DONT HALF ASS A TEST YOU WONT GET THE RIGHT RESULTS!

people with diseases dont half ass the test to see how to be cured

cops DEF dont half ass DUI test ( well ....actually they do... call it meeting quotas but ANYWAY)

teachers dont half ass test to students cause half us mo-fos failed SOMETHING in out school time
[SIZE="5"]
THEy DONT HALF ASS THE TEST ON ANIMALS FOR MAKE-UP AND TIHS... THAT MONKEY DIDNT HALF ASS DIE TO LET THE SCIENTIST KNOW THAT THERE TOO MUCH BLEACH IN YA LIP PLUMPER!!![/SIZE]

>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

so... dont half ass a kidrobot shop

especially if it new

BUT... i will be back tommorow!!!!!!! yay!! kidrobot FTW!!

-END-
October 3, 2008 @ 02:31 AM
hausen47

Picssss
October 3, 2008 @ 02:35 AM
PepShe

i'll get them when i go back...

forgot that part
October 3, 2008 @ 03:19 AM
illadelmochila

Smelliebellie
when i heard the news i got excited and nervous @ the same time because of course its a kidrobot store BUT having a pirate store in a new city urks me a little...

3meeses.wordpress.com the blog is turning into a venue for new/unheard musicians

email me to get your music on there

[email]itsaninfinitecycle@gmail.com[/email]
October 3, 2008 @ 01:41 PM
CanIKickIt?

Isn;t it just a guerilla store? It's gone in December
October 3, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
Citizen-16657

I saw it too, it is only there till December but none the less hopefully this is the start of something good for Chicago, lil birdy told me Preme is trying to scout out a spot in that hood as well. Makes sense if you ask me. That is the third biggest cultural locale in the US outside of 1)New York, 2)Los Angeles.

It actually made me happy to see the CHI getting some of that streetwear love....
October 3, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
TheCityOfChi

I saw it too, it is only there till December but none the less hopefully this is the start of something good for Chicago, lil birdy told me Preme is trying to scout out a spot in that hood as well. Makes sense if you ask me. That is the third biggest cultural locale in the US outside of 1)New York, 2)Los Angeles.

It actually made me happy to see the CHI getting some of that streetwear love....

i have a feeling the Chi could destroy Preme
October 3, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
Citizen-16657

Like mad the brand fail or play it out?
October 3, 2008 @ 09:09 PM
TheCityOfChi

Like mad the brand fail or play it out?

play it out, just IMO though
October 3, 2008 @ 09:12 PM
Citizen-16657

hell no, the midwest is coming up son, think about it, if you were a brand and you wanted to bridge the gap of supply to the people that can't get your stuff and online sales didn't cut it, what would you do?

This about the Stussy stores on a smaller scale....
October 5, 2008 @ 05:58 PM
kenedtsu

i have a feeling the Chi could destroy Preme

agreed. i think at least supreme should give an account to some chicago store....half the guys at uprise know the supreme team.
October 10, 2008 @ 02:54 AM
araw at bituin

I agree. A supreme store would probably kill the brand. But Uprise or STA getting a Supreme account would be a great move.

does anyone actually have a supreme account???

http://instagram.com/qyel

October 10, 2008 @ 04:10 AM
imran

it looked like... A warehouse turned sexchamber changed at the last minute into a photostudio which doubled as the new kidrobot store.

[size="5"]
they dont half ass the test on animals for make-up and tihs... That monkey didnt half ass die to let the scientist know that there too much bleach in ya lip plumper!!![/size]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
October 14, 2008 @ 12:04 AM
thepaintedbird

Makes sense if you ask me. That is the third biggest cultural locale in the US outside of 1)New York, 2)Los Angeles.

Is that a fact?
October 14, 2008 @ 08:04 AM
kvc06

I checked out the kidrobot store
you could tell it was done on a budget but it was aiiiight
hope they decide to keep it cause thatd be a step in the right direction for chi
even though there clothes are kinda meh we need more flagship stores
October 14, 2008 @ 02:44 PM
Show100

Being from Chicago why would you care if kid robot opened a store here. We've had Rotofugi for so long now. Having kid robot here wont do much but bring more wack clothes. We already have one of the dopest toy stores in the US.

But i guess that doesnt matter much if you dont collect toys.
October 14, 2008 @ 11:17 PM
kvc06

Well if that was directed to me, that was exactly what i was saying. We have alot of dope stores that carry many brands, but we don't have any flagship stores ( such as stussy, apc, bbc, bape, NDG, etc) just as examples. Maybe a kidrobot store would inspire other brands to open up a shop in the area, if it does well.

Edit: i didn't notice this was in the toy section; now I see why you would say that. I meant clothes and brands in general, not specifically toys
sorry smile
October 15, 2008 @ 12:33 AM
Show100

sorry homes, that wasnt meant to sound harsh. It just sucks that some people dont realize how lucky we are to have independant shops like Rotofugi and A Okay. When sometimes opening flagship stores is under cutting the independant shops that carries that same company be making it harder for them to sell. I totally understand what you're saying bro, sorry if it sounded like I was beffing.
October 15, 2008 @ 12:37 AM
DarkWing

So i'm walking down the street, window shopping of course cause its the first of the month (i got bills and rent to pay) and what do i stumble upon.... A KIDROBOT STORE... HERE!!! IN FRONT OF ME!!! NO WAYYYYYYY

so i walk in

I'm immediatly filled with happiness and disappointment.

It looked like... a warehouse turned sexchamber changed at the last minute into a photostudio which doubled as the new kidrobot store.

I tried to ignore the foil hang from EVERY wall making it appear that i was in a space ship...toliet.

I even ignored the ply wood that peeked behind the posters stratigically hung to hide the cracks in the walls.

I EVEN EMBRACED THE SMELL OF HOME BAKED GINGERBREAD COOKIES THEY DRINCHED THE PLACE IN TO COVER UP THAT -NEW PAINT OLD WOOD- SMELL!

i hummed my around the whole...walk in closet size store. Picked up my favorite munny(plain) dunny(touma), aw'ed and groped the overgrown blue labbit that was guarding the entrance (or warning people NOT to come in) and... skimmed through the books

but i had to leave... i couldnt stand it... it made me not want to buy nothing.

And even though the lady was telling me that this was like "test week" to see if they were gonna keep the store there or not... DONT HALF ASS A TEST YOU WONT GET THE RIGHT RESULTS!

people with diseases dont half ass the test to see how to be cured

cops DEF dont half ass DUI test ( well ....actually they do... call it meeting quotas but ANYWAY)

teachers dont half ass test to students cause half us mo-fos failed SOMETHING in out school time
[SIZE="5"]
THEy DONT HALF ASS THE TEST ON ANIMALS FOR MAKE-UP AND TIHS... THAT MONKEY DIDNT HALF ASS DIE TO LET THE SCIENTIST KNOW THAT THERE TOO MUCH BLEACH IN YA LIP PLUMPER!!![/SIZE]

>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

so... dont half ass a kidrobot shop

especially if it new

BUT... i will be back tommorow!!!!!!! yay!! kidrobot FTW!!

-END-

It's a pop up shop, they are only there temporarily, till the end of the year to be exact. A lot of shops are doing this, Adidas has done it plenty of times, IMO it's an excellent marketing scheme.
October 15, 2008 @ 12:43 AM
DarkWing

I've heard BDGA opened a shop out here as well.
October 15, 2008 @ 12:53 AM
internet

Yeah, keep Supreme in LA and NYC. If you're in the midwest and can't find Supreme stuff you're doing something wrong, lol.
October 15, 2008 @ 04:29 PM
DarkWing

Yeah, keep Supreme in LA and NYC. If you're in the midwest and can't find Supreme stuff you're doing something wrong, lol.

Bro, that made absolutely no sense to me.
October 15, 2008 @ 05:41 PM
TheCityOfChi

bro, that made absolutely no sense to me.

+1
October 16, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
PepShe

yea no sense... and supreme is getting old imo... but i rarely wear it soooo... yea.

oh and the store looks horrible.... but i like it. and the girl who works at the store said they plain on staying there if business goes good... we'll see...

oh and sry about the pic thing... keep forgeting....
October 16, 2008 @ 06:59 PM
PepShe

sorry homes, that wasnt meant to sound harsh. It just sucks that some people dont realize how lucky we are to have independant shops like Rotofugi and A Okay. When sometimes opening flagship stores is under cutting the independant shops that carries that same company be making it harder for them to sell. I totally understand what you're saying bro, sorry if it sounded like I was beffing.

well rotofugi is always #1... i love my munny and pocket ninjas and ya yah yah.... but kidrobot is ftw too... just looks wierd... not a bad thing though... not what i ment when i started this thread... surprised it was paid attention too actually lol
October 16, 2008 @ 10:45 PM
DarkWing

either way kid robot is readily available in A Okay and Rotofugi, theres no reason for them to stick around, and a lot of people don't know this but you can get all of Kidrobot's stuff from the museum of contemporary art. ;)

I personally don't like toys that do absolutely nothing.

Please login first to reply.