1999 Original painted KAWS Phone Booth or Bus Stop Ad's..

June 26, 2008 @ 08:22:35
Hey guys been comin here a while but never set up an account. im lookn into purchasing a kaws painted phonebooth ad and wanted to see if anyone here can help me with some questions I have.

how much would one of these set me back?? and does he do these anymore?? could i walk around nyc one day and see one there for the taking?? I have heard about these for years but never saw one for sale till now and I am seriously thinking of buying it. any info on these would be a big help. heres the one i might be buying.

laughing8.jpg" alt="" />

June 30, 2008 @ 23:40:56
just wanna throw it out there that you might wanna take down those pics if you are really worried about competition in the auction from this forum. you did a terrible job at editing out the name. i can easily read it. not trying to be a dick, honest. just trying to be helpful.
June 30, 2008 @ 23:52:31
the user is 12ozprophet

enjoy everyone!

www.totallyfoolproof.com

July 01, 2008 @ 21:27:49
Originally posted by Inactive User
the user is 12ozprophet

enjoy everyone!

Forgot the *.
July 05, 2008 @ 08:46:44
just wanna throw it out there that you might wanna take down those pics if you are really worried about competition in the auction from this forum. you did a terrible job at editing out the name. i can easily read it. not trying to be a dick, honest. just trying to be helpful.

Well its not really a secret. Everyone I know is talkin about it. I just wanted to know if anyone new how much this would set me back. The thing went up to $8K+ and if it goes up to $20k I guess its not meant to be. The most I got is $15K-MAYBE$18K.. Am I dreamin? Or do I got a shot to win? I contacted the seller but didnt get a response yet.
July 05, 2008 @ 13:52:23
this is gonna easily hit $45k+. better take out that second mortgage kiddies...
July 05, 2008 @ 15:20:03
this is gonna easily hit $45k+. better take out that second mortgage kiddies...

I was just looking at the auction, and my friend Jenn brang up a good point. Theres questions from UK buyers on there. And its says the seller ships world wide. Aint American currency worth pebbles in other countries? My friend Jenn was tellin me how people from Europe come to New york to shop cuz the Euro is worth a bunch more then the dolla and they go on shopping sprees over here. Anyway I'm thinking dropping $30K over here might be nothing to them.. Anyone know anything about currency?? I want this so baddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ebay should be for the Us only. hahahahatongueface
July 05, 2008 @ 15:35:48

Inactive User

^ why the seller didnt respond to you.
July 05, 2008 @ 17:59:20
^ why the seller didnt respond to you.

nah he got back to me. That was in the morning. I offered him $18,000.00, he said there were higher offers. So I guess I'm sh$# out of luck unless I sell all my shoes.tongueface
July 06, 2008 @ 01:47:28
I don't know if you're joking or not, but you're willing to throw 18k away for a poster paper?

I would at least invest the money or get a car, but that's just me.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 06, 2008 @ 06:52:49
I don't know if you're joking or not, but you're willing to throw 18k away for a poster paper?

I would at least invest the money or get a car, but that's just me.

To each his own man. People drop thousands on a pair of kicks. Millions on paintings of soup cans. If I had $30k to blow on this I would, but I dont. The auction says the whole thing is 34x57inches.. Get a tape measurer. Thats insane. My boy bought a set of 2 Kaws Companion prints. One pink and one gray around 13x6inces each. He paid $7,000.00 for the pair! You can fit like 30 of them prints he bought in this piece. I can buy a car any day of every year for the rest of my life, but stuff like this I might not see again. But unless I can barrow money, I doubt I will be the winning bidder.smh
July 06, 2008 @ 06:56:43
your obviously clueless

well in the uk

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

July 06, 2008 @ 23:03:26
its called investing my friends if i had the cash to buy a kaws poster I would as well and still drive my regular car know that i have something that is going to rise in value with time.
July 07, 2008 @ 13:06:56
Godfk#&*$%!.. I got outbid. tongueface
July 08, 2008 @ 17:14:41
it ended @ $22,000.00

i think he said he had offered 18k.
July 09, 2008 @ 13:22:12
Originally posted by Inactive User
^ That sucks... but just out of curiousity, what was the maximum bid you put down, and do you know what it went for at the end???

Yea I put in $18,000.00.. Got outbid in like 4 hours. Ended at $22,000.00. I kinda regret it now. I think I could have put $23K but I would have been eating Wendys dollar menu for 2 months. tongueface dam shoulda coulda.
July 10, 2008 @ 05:04:59
those worth more i m pretty sure.
August 30, 2008 @ 10:40:37
Dope =D!

November 24, 2008 @ 19:54:46
Too bad, the poster is beyond sick. Better luck next time baller.
December 01, 2008 @ 17:26:09
great stufff
Please login first to reply.
x