Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 30, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
Charles Tolle

Hey all,

One of my goals in life is to one day own a clothing brand. To be successful within is something that only I have the power over, but even then, creating my own line of clothing has always been a dream of mine.

To start off, I have come up with a name - Actavis Apparel. Did some research, nothing related to clothing comes up. Now, for my logo, I wanted something very simple, but also had its connection to the brand. 

Now, with that is only the beginning. I don't plan to print anything any time soon. My plans for the future are to build up a stock of designs, show them to my friends and possible customers and narrow them down to what the people find most appealing. From there, I will take the top designs and have them printed and then my journey begins from there.

Many people will have their opinions, but I feel as if one person finds the strength in themselves to do something and they never give up, they will be able to attain their goals. I wanted to have my own line for a while, now, before it became such a trend, but I was never into designing. Now, even if I do not reach success, I will have at least begun something that I could potentially grow from.

Please, feel free to respond with any criticism (positive or negative, they both help), ideas and anything else you can think of.
November 1, 2013 @ 08:14 PM
blue_excision

Hows it going! I'm more or less in the same boat as you lol   I want to design fashion etc.and have a name and logo as well. My point in replying is that I think we could help eachother. It seems pretty sudden as i created an account just to reply to this post. Hell im not even sure ill get a response, but Id love to coordinate with you on your designs and what not. Im not trying to imply a partnership or anything, but from one aspiring designer to another, theres nothing wrong with back and forth constructive conversation. Send me an email if this interests you at all and we'll go from there. I definitely like the name and logo. It seems to be right along with the stuff I design/ use in my work. Again get back to me if this interests you any. Cheers!
November 2, 2013 @ 01:02 PM
LuminaryMinds

hey bro the name is unique i like that, and the two As in the logo go well with each other
but in my opinion i think something is missing, i just dont know but there could be something missing... 
either way the logo is simple yet clean.
November 3, 2013 @ 03:35 AM
Charles Tolle

hey bro the name is unique i like that, and the two As in the logo go well with each other
but in my opinion i think something is missing, i just dont know but there could be something missing... 
either way the logo is simple yet clean.
Thanks for the feedback, man. I do agree with you, after a good look at it, it feels as if there should be something else. This is just what I have put together for now, it is most definitely due for change in the future.
November 4, 2013 @ 07:02 PM
alxgmpr

You've got a ton of negative space in that logo. Thicken up the lines and make it smaller.

lawx bohgo

November 4, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
Charles Tolle

You've got a ton of negative space in that logo. Thicken up the lines and make it smaller.
Alright, thanks man. It won't be that big, not sure why it came out that way, but I'll def thicken it up a bit. Appreciate the input.
November 10, 2013 @ 10:55 PM
Street Kitten

I'd prefer you remove "apparel" from your word mark. Actavis is pretty cool by itself. You don't have to tell me it's clothing. If I see your ad I know it's clothes. The most successful brands out there DO NOT include "apparel" or "garments" or "brand" or "line". It's mediocre and annoying. I learned that when i was still a kid drawing dresses on notebook paper. Here's what you do, register your company name as Actavis Apparel, LLC or w/e type or corporation you choose. Your brand's name (word mark) will be listed as Actavis. For your logo, keep the double a b/c your company name is still Actavis Apparel. If I am incorrect on this process someone let me know,

Rule to logo's- do FULL research on it. 20 minutes to research is not enough. More like 3 days- to 1 week depending on how thorough you are. New companies are being created all the time, putting in applications. Legally, they can hold the logo design and/or name until it expires or w/e. Your logo is NOT unique. A lot of companies, including myself are using abstract lines. Simplicity is very popular. I have considered changing my own logo b/c of it, but it relates to the lifestyle I live and my target market so I probably wont. BUT legally if i can not own it, I have other designs.

Join Jeff Staple's skillshare class. I learned A LOT. I am still developing my company- Street Kitten: female cut & sewn line developed by the love of Asian culture, art and high-end designers.http://www.skillshare.com/classes/fashion/A-Staple-of-Branding-How-to-Start-Your-Fashion-Company/915436837/projects/14973
http://www.skillshare.com/classes/fashion/A-Staple-of-Branding-How-to-Start-Your-Fashion-Company/915436837?via=browse
November 11, 2013 @ 04:45 AM
Charles Tolle

I'd prefer you remove "apparel" from your word mark. Actavis is pretty cool by itself. You don't have to tell me it's clothing. If I see your ad I know it's clothes. The most successful brands out there DO NOT include "apparel" or "garments" or "brand" or "line". It's mediocre and annoying. I learned that when i was still a kid drawing dresses on notebook paper. Here's what you do, register your company name as Actavis Apparel, LLC or w/e type or corporation you choose. Your brand's name (word mark) will be listed as Actavis. For your logo, keep the double a b/c your company name is still Actavis Apparel. If I am incorrect on this process someone let me know,

Rule to logo's- do FULL research on it. 20 minutes to research is not enough. More like 3 days- to 1 week depending on how thorough you are. New companies are being created all the time, putting in applications. Legally, they can hold the logo design and/or name until it expires or w/e. Your logo is NOT unique. A lot of companies, including myself are using abstract lines. Simplicity is very popular. I have considered changing my own logo b/c of it, but it relates to the lifestyle I live and my target market so I probably wont. BUT legally if i can not own it, I have other designs.

Join Jeff Staple's skillshare class. I learned A LOT. I am still developing my company- Street Kitten: female cut & sewn line developed by the love of Asian culture, art and high-end designers.http://www.skillshare.com/classes/fashion/A-Staple-of-Branding-How-to-Start-Your-Fashion-Company/915436837/projects/14973
http://www.skillshare.com/classes/fashion/A-Staple-of-Branding-How-to-Start-Your-Fashion-Company/915436837?via=browse
Awesome, thank you very much for your info! By far the most helpful I've encountered on this site. smile
November 11, 2013 @ 05:22 AM
Street Kitten

Awesome, thank you very much for your info! By far the most helpful I've encountered on this site. 
Your welcome. I'm new to street wear, but I'm pretty good in other areas of fashion. My preference is sewn garments, but with the little finances I have I am taking it slow and researching as much as I can about the industry.
November 15, 2013 @ 06:27 PM
enKido

a logo isnt as important as most people beginning in the business think. Nike's logo would seem stupid if it weren't for what they back it with: quality products and awesome marketing. Speaking of Jess Staples, he also said the same thing about BAPE. the idea of a bathing ape is ridiculous but all that goes out the window when you see the integrity and the identity of the company despite the logo or name. just something to think about..

Please login first to reply.